Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:40:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Backup is important  (Read 2392 times)
aspalela

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

Actually I also want to make as many backups as possible, because for me Wallet backup can be said to be the most important part of the security of digital assets that we have today, the most important thing to have a clean hard drive to back up and store it in a safe place is the best and it's true that we should have 2fa to have another layer of security so we will not get high risks and we will not get most likely hacked with the 2fa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jojowar

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:41:47 AM

That's true, you are very lucky because you had your back up. Back up is very important even in files especially if you had digital wallet.

kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:03:10 AM

I was thinking about it also. Its really hard if you lost your phone with important details regarding your investments. I am not that techie if ever i lost my phone this might be a disaster for me. Maybe i will use the phone of my wife as my back up if somethings happen. And also back in email would be nice too. Using some hardware wallets is also a good option especially if you have big amount coins. Hackers will do anything just to have easy money.
I think we share the sane level of fear here. I know why I do not like the Google authenticator thing is because of stories about how users can not get access to sites or their funds once the device to which that authenticator is tied to is lost. I like sites that give option of SMS and emails and most websites are beginning to have this options too.
All we need is to survive in the market of Bitcoin regardless of the value these days if you are an investor and have invested in the market then just wait for the price to jump and in a high market your investment will payoff. As we have observed many times in the past, the Bitcoin value recovered many times. Similarly the market will improve in the upcoming days.
pickledmuffin

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

Good day, just want to share my experience,
I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

I use authy as well and can recommend it. I have lost my phone before and was able to restore it without a problem. If I hadn't used authy and just continued to use 2fa with Google Authenticator I would have been stuffed. It was worth the time it took to setup.

Also during most 2fa setup you get the opportunity to write down the secret key to bypass the 2fa, if for whatever reason you can't access your 2fa app. This is worth storing somewhere offline on a piece of paper, it may help you get out of trouble as well.

Erganadine2728

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:55:28 PM

It is very important to me because it becomes our wallet keeper from an irresponsible crime crime. If better the phone is more than 2 its security in order to wake up and safe from irresponsible people. More back to each of them if do not want to later regret finally Wink
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:15:38 AM

If you have forgotten the information you just traded and do not have the backup feature, it is difficult for you to lose the data you need to know about important backups.
When you don’t know or you don’t just remember what you have done at one time and what was the move at other time and that and this, then how can you be able to make good results decisions? And later on these dictions would be emphasizing best of your results. Think over it. You are not supposed to take anything easy here. Make your moves wisely and according to plan.
I think there must be a backup for our data because if all of our data is lost, then we are nothing but destroyed completely. We shouldn't trust our gadgets or documents that they will keep our data forever, there must be a second option with us because we can lose it anytime. I think one should save his data in multiple devices or he must have a backup system.
mokamoka

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:50:55 AM

absolutely correct. It's happen always.
w5110815

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:21:40 AM

really important. I lost my photos
JasonRosado

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:32:36 PM

yes sir you are right, backup is always helpful.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:06:31 AM

If you have forgotten the information you just traded and do not have the backup feature, it is difficult for you to lose the data you need to know about important backups.
When you don’t know or you don’t just remember what you have done at one time and what was the move at other time and that and this, then how can you be able to make good results decisions? And later on these dictions would be emphasizing best of your results. Think over it. You are not supposed to take anything easy here. Make your moves wisely and according to plan.
I think there must be a backup for our data because if all of our data is lost, then we are nothing but destroyed completely. We shouldn't trust our gadgets or documents that they will keep our data forever, there must be a second option with us because we can lose it anytime. I think one should save his data in multiple devices or he must have a backup system.
That is wonderful step you just taken and see how good it responded you back. These are some of local skills that must be learn before getting into the practical world. Because sometimes you are considering a thing worthless but in reality it counts for big value. And backing up was one of the good action you just did back in time. Hope you get success in trading. Good luck.
Uatin

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:20:23 PM

Yes we should have backups to double secure our assets storage, then in case of losing our passwords or other factors that might cause of losing, we have backups to open our accounts.
lester04

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:23:47 PM

Yup, backup is important in case of forgetting or losing password especially if we have high amount of assets we must make sure our assets to be secured.
FurDich

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:52:11 AM

I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?
Back up is so much important in any kind specially when tou have deleted files incedently and you really wanted to retrieveit then it is possible for you . No hussle at all .
HI KITTY

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:22:01 PM

back up is important because you can rely on it when you needed it the most like in your phone or in comp. you can back up data files etc. so if it accidentally delete you can rely on your back up or sometimes we can use back up in our daily life in our job in studying .for example when your car have flat tire there are always have a reserve tire in case of something happen you have always a back up.
Rafroth

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:58:16 PM

The only possible step is to back up your data with the online system, because even if your phone is lost, it can be resolved.
Rafnar

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:25:11 PM

I believe in addition to the 2fa codes stored in phones via the barcodes, you also have the passkey/code. If you misplaced your phone, you can have access to your account again via the security key code.
tracymik

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:02:24 PM

Back ups are good. They prevent permanent loss of data and information. Getting an external hard drive or pen drive to back up your data and information is a very good choice.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:36:18 PM

It's a good idea to keep a hard copy of the secret codes. Another good idea is to take a photo of the QR code before scanning it for 2fa and Keep it somewhere safe, on an encrypted drive. If you have a safe, just store these in it.

The best is yet to come!
janetdonahue10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:55:36 PM

thankfully, i am sorry to have recovered. Congratulations. i have continually been concerned about dropping my cell phone. Then I watched 2fa. I attempted authy, however it failed to recognize it. i was dissatisfied. i was also looking for a better manner to make certain protection.
janetdonahue10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:11:46 PM

I believe further to the 2fa codes stored in telephones via the barcodes, you furthermore mght have the passkey/code. in case you misplaced your smartphone, you could have get entry to for your account again via the safety key code.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: