Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin illegal in Indonesia  (Read 266 times)
KryptoCGN (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:58:51 AM

Hey  Smiley
Iam currently studying on Bali. Iam thinking about buying some new bitcoins or altcoins.
But i cant find clear statements about the legal situation in this country.
So is it possible to buy bitcoin here ? Or is it illegal and it is dangerous to buy it here ?
Which exchanges are safe to use ?

Thank you for your answers! Terima kasih Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbshck
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:40:29 AM

Exchanging crypto is still allowed here, you're just not allowed to make any payment with crypto. The biggest Indonesian exchange is indodax.com so that's my recommendation. However, you need to comply with their KYC procedure before making fiat (IDR) transaction.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Roels Major

Activity: 191
Merit: 56

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:42:45 AM

Hey  Smiley
Iam currently studying on Bali. Iam thinking about buying some new bitcoins or altcoins.
So is it possible to buy bitcoin here ? Or is it illegal and it is dangerous to buy it here ?

Bitcoins and mostly other altcoins according to SEC is not securities but currency. There is no a clear regulation about bitcoin in Indonesia but if U search on googles, a lot news that Indonesian Central Bank (BI) clearly states that Bitcoins and Other Altcoins would never be accepted as payment or legal currency in Indonesia. Possible to buy bitcoins in Indonesia, and it is very safe at this site https://indodax.com/ ; https://www.luno.com/en/ ; and https://coinone.co.id/ in the near future.

Central Banks Authority around the world very dislike Bitcoins and Co.  Wink

"I select a very small number of things to be sceptical about, such as markets, and on these I am hypersceptic. But I want to be fooled by randomness in art." — Nassim Nicholas Taleb
KryptoCGN (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:00:54 AM

Exchanging crypto is still allowed here, you're just not allowed to make any payment with crypto. The biggest Indonesian exchange is indodax.com so that's my recommendation. However, you need to comply with their KYC procedure before making fiat (IDR) transaction.

Terima kasih!
Is it possible / safe to use coinbase.com, binance and kucoin too?
or should i stick to the local exchanges?
bolawin
Copper Member

Activity: 246
Merit: 7

buy bitcoin, hodl bitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:16:35 AM

its safe to buy bitcoin here, at indodax.com but i recommend to withdraw bitcoin to your own wallet just to be safe. i also recommed to buy TEN.

buy bitcoin, hodl bitcoin
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:16:46 AM

Terima kasih!
Yes, it still possible, and you can use another exchange too. There's no restriction for it.
Most people in indonesia that use local exchange just for converting their crypto assets to IDR, or IDR to crypto. Because local exchange support local payment and easy to use.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
KryptoCGN (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:26:48 AM

Terima kasih!
Yes, it still possible, and you can use another exchange too. There's no restriction for it.
Most people in indonesia that use local exchange just for converting their crypto assets to IDR, or IDR to crypto. Because local exchange support local payment and easy to use.

okay thanks, that is good to hear. So maybe i can stick to my common exchanges from my home country Smiley
sandaljepit44

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 02:33:10 AM

Hey  Smiley

thats great, you can arbitrage by buying on coinbase then sell to indodax. i'm just looking for someone who can buy on coinbase to sell on indodax. i'm livin on bali does to

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
AsleepControl

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:21:37 AM

I suppose theres no official regulation to date that stated bitcoin is wheter legal or illegal, I guess for now it is still okay to have bitcoin but you might not be able to use it for transaction at the moment. cmiiw Grin
rizki991

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 09:59:59 AM

Hukum bitcoin di indonesia legal di bali ada kantornya bila di indonesia ilegal sudah tidak ada lagi pemain pemain bitcoin di indonesia dan pemerintah juga bakal memblokir situs situs bitcoin
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:03:56 AM

Terima kasih!

You can use all available exchange if you want to trade your Bitcoin, but if you want to cash out your bitcoin and you cant do KYC ( because Indodax require Indonesian ID ) you can use LUNO. Luno have low fee and easy to use.
BTW trading at coinbase.com is not available in Indonesia
Groundbit

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:52:11 AM

Jika agan mau membeli bitcoin ataupun altcoin di indonesia boleh-boleh saja gan, sampai sekarang tidak ada yang melarang untuk melakukan transaksi tersebut. Yang tidak bisa agan lakukan adalah melakukan pertukaran dengan menggunakan mata uang crypto, karena sampai sekarang indonesia belum melegalkan hal tersebut.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: