Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for guides on Cryptocurrency Trading  (Read 134 times)
cryptoman1897 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:52:19 AM

Hey everyone, long time lurker but first time poster. I was looking for some more advanced guides, books or pdf's for trading crypto's effectively.

Anyone have any personal experience with these types of guides would be highly appreciated as I have started traded a decent volume over at bitfinex

Thanks everyone in advance, best regards, Dean.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptoman1897 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:40:27 AM

After doing some looking online I found a few courses, what does everyone think of these:

https://chainoperator.com/cryptocurrency-trading-guide/

https://www.learntotrade.com.au/23-tips-on-cryptocurrency-trading/

https://masterthecrypto.com/guide-cryptocurrency-trading-crypto-technical-analysis/

I would love your thoughts, thanks!

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:46:18 AM

Hey everyone, long time lurker but first time poster. I was looking for some more advanced guides, books or pdf's for trading crypto's effectively.

Anyone have any personal experience with these types of guides would be highly appreciated as I have started traded a decent volume over at bitfinex

Your best guides are your failures, your mindset, and your goals. And there are many things that internet can teach you, you should look it for yourself.
odpadnik

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

Tech enthusiast, SEO jedi, Crypto investor.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:46:44 AM
Merited by atrocityx (1)

Personal experience - most, if not all guides are just glorified recommendations. Nobody will or can tell you, what exactly will happen.

As the guy above mentioned, there is a ton of information already out on the internet. Long as you follow the news, watch the current trends in Crypto and don't buy/sell blindly, you "should" be OK.

But just to make sure, I hope these "basic" bitcoin trading tips will give you some new information. Why do I say "basic"?

Because not everybody knows everything. What's clear to me, may not be clear to other people.

Trade safely and good luck!  Cool Wink

https://kriptomat.io/en ----  EU licensed Crypto Platform.  23 languages. Buy & hold your Crypto - Fast, Easy, Safe.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:55:26 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 08:05:36 AM by atrocityx

Personal experience - most, if not all guides are just glorified recommendations. Nobody will or can tell you, what exactly will happen.

As the guy above mentioned, there is a ton of information already out on the internet. Long as you follow the news, watch the current trends in Crypto and don't buy/sell blindly, you "should" be OK.

But just to make sure, I hope these "basic" bitcoin trading tips will give you some new information. Why do I say "basic"?

Because not everybody knows everything. What's clear to me, may not be clear to other people.

Trade safely and good luck!  Cool Wink

I like his response above a lot, but let me build on it some.. this was my response to someone about paid guides, signals, etc.   Also some recommendations for things that I would find useful if I was starting trading today (some of the stuff I didn't realize until much later in my trading career, so somes probably old news, and maybe some of it new.... I'll leave the paid signals part in just in case your mind was going there. Tongue  If you're looking for advanced strategies.. please don't go looking for Elliott Wave Theory.. as much as it makes sense as a concept, it will get you rekt in real trading.. especially with anything other than BTC/USD pairs.. since these pair's TA will live and die based off of what BTC is doing, and will absolutely wreck you if you're looking for something like wave 5 impulse after blah blah blah.. charts don't care.  Stick with things pro's use that are more rational like fibonacci retracements, moving averages, ichimoku clouds on higher time frames, trend lines, etc.   Anyways, here's the other information. Good luck, trade safe, and don't be all in on alts and never 100x on bitmex! Smiley

I'm brand new to this and excited to get started but also don't know where to begin. I've been looking into services that offer education as well as give you alerts on specific trades they see as potentially profitable. Anyone have any suggestions on a reputable, affordable service? I've been looking specifically at Crypto Investing Insider. The reviews I've seen have been good. Can anybody give me some direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks! Smiley

The problem with any sort of paid service or even free ones when it comes to following trades, is the information is gonna be heavily biased towards the person offering it to you over helping you.. here are some examples.

1) Could be selling a class for crypto noobies... the class offers overly generic information that could be found anywhere for free but could be useful information for someone who is just starting out.
2) The information could be offering one way to trade, but that strategy might not be appropriate for your portfolio size or risk level.  You definitely would trade differently with 1 million dollars compared to 1 thousand.
3) Signal groups for trades can be a self-fulfilling prophecy but you never really know the person offering the information is being legit.  They may know some sort of news.. but they could just as easily be trying to pump the price because they are bag holding.  Since everyone makes mistakes and no ones perfect, they could just write this off as a mistake later with really no harm coming from shilling you their bags.
4) The information is somewhat useful but leaves out important info that is necessary for applying it.  You may get information on arbitrage for example but if you're only intent on working with one exchange, this information no matter how useful won't apply for you.

So here's a couple I suggest, they don't talk anything about specific trades.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQ12D5GqyW1qtM0a3Qpwcw  - this guy's training videos are very basic, but some useful information on how to setup charts correctly (color, gridlines, basic trend lines, fibonacci extensions, etc)
https://www.babypips.com/ - this site is super useful for learning about candle patterns on charts
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcxHiowf0TSNKn3xVpGTiQ - I don't really use this guy's method, but the way he relates to support/resistance can be incredibly useful for beginners.  Sometimes information you don't use can open your mind to a different way of thinking.

The absolute most important thing in trading is buying low and selling high.  It sounds so crazy but almost no one follows this.  You have to buy when things are red and you have to let go of them when things are green, without worry of missing out or fear of it going to zero.  How you go about your entries and exits you can work on through technical analysis and understanding all the cause and effect things in the market (like how btc price affects altcoins in every possible scenario), but if you aren't willing to buy low and sell high, you will never make it in this game, emotion has to stay out of it.  Emotional people who follow others will get rekt by whales in this market and scared to death by noobs who panic sell and want others to follow them.  Learn the right principles of trading and start slow, if you don't have much money, just paper trade all day long.  When I first started I was scared to death, so I started doing 100 paper trades a day and until I was breaking over 50% I didn't invest any real money.  Not trying to scare you I just want to make sure you are getting the right information quickly enough (because people just starting out are willing to accept advice more than those who have done it a long time, you just aren't as defensive of criticism) for it to make the largest amount of difference.

Good luck.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:34:49 AM

I don't think books and guides on the topic are very useful unless they are explaining very specific techniques which are still applicable to current market situations. But then you are unlikely to find such information in these "manuals" as it costs pretty dear, way above what you are assumed to pay for it in the bookstores. People who write such guides are most likely writing them for making money off the people who buy their books. Don't you find it utterly ironic that people who are supposed to make piles of money by trading are actually trying to earn by writing about trading? Some books may in fact make an interesting read as autobiographies or just life stories, but it won't boost your trading skills and won't help you trade better.
trupero_uno

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:16:38 PM

Book and guide will help you on general case, however to enter the crypto trading or any other field I believe hence practice is a must. Practice will tell you what the books and guides are unable to tell you in very detail, so based on the practice then you can handle a problem to find specific and suitable solution.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:35:07 PM

Head over to:

and look for the trading guides section of both sites. Listed are a few links on guides to cryptocurrency trading. Best of luck.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:15:03 PM

I've been looking, looking, and looking online for guides. There aren't too many guides that are actually legit.

I've learned the most from experience. Reading social signals is one of the most important things in trading cryptocurrencies. I've seen cryptos drop 50% in literally minutes due to a tweet. Following all your currencies on Twitter and social media is a MUST. You can't trade without social signals. It takes time to learn those things as well. To learn what news people sell off to and what people buy in for.

I use Fib. retracement, trend lines, and look for signals like head and shoulders, cup and handle, etc. as well. If you're looking to do some swing trades, I use bollinger bands and RSI indicators.
vishudda

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 06:23:25 PM

You experience better when you lose, So you train yourself by experiencing the losses and the profits rather than just reading some books or PDF files, though you understand better when you read but you actually get to understand when you experience it. Do a good move when you sell or buy coins, choose the better one.

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:35:46 PM

You experience better when you lose, So you train yourself by experiencing the losses and the profits rather than just reading some books or PDF files, though you understand better when you read but you actually get to understand when you experience it. Do a good move when you sell or buy coins, choose the better one.

Yes, experience is the best teacher but there are at least two things to keep in mind. First, when starting to trade, everyone basically understands that he should start small. And as it often happens with newbies, they are lucky at first, then they want more, and finally they get trapped by the market in a losing position which is too big for them to close at once when losses are still manageable. The other thing to remember is that losing is not actually required to get the right skills for profitable trading. In nature, the offspring of a prey animal learns to avoid predators without having to be eaten first, so why should you necessarily lose to get the hang of the thing?
pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:41:58 PM

It is not so difficult to be a trader but it is incredibly difficult to be a successful trader. To become a trader you need to know rudiments of trading like prices, value, orders and so on and you may trade. To be a successful trader you must be very experienced and clever because market is often unlogical and it is much easier to lose than to win.
Generally speaking trading on market is a difficult kind of a job
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 10:09:53 PM

I think one should be very knowledgeable about the technical analysis, where to buy and where to sell and can analyse the overall trend, if you trade with doubt you will definetely make loss.

zeger

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:02:24 PM

i think you should know about the market behaviors like trends,news, technical analysis.and after get knowledge about thees thing the best guide is your 1st lost trade ,what i need to  say is you can get more experience when you loss.So you train yourself by experiencing the losses and the profits rather than just reading some books or PDF files.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 06:37:04 PM

You will learn trading only by the experience.Mostly trading is considered as drawing.We know ,we can't learn drawing without the practice.Like that trading,we have to learn trading with the lowest investment.You can learn trading with the lowest value of 10$.Additionally you should have patience.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:08:07 PM

It is a good thing that you show an eagerness to learn trading. There are lots of ways to learn the basics and fundamentals of  trading here in cypto world. You could try reading threads about it or watch videos in youtube but I also advise you to try trading because I've learn through experience as well.
sebo.k

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:19:25 PM

Rather than looking for guides and books to help you, rather test the waters with little of your money and get your hands on the trading or investing. That will teach you more than relying on other sources which must favor the author rather than you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: