Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:34:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO BENCH IS ASKING PAYMENT FOR "EXPERT" STATUS!  (Read 1344 times)
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:04:17 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2018, 12:18:15 PM by haroldtee

Everything i've read about icobench the last few days was not good.
That's why i do not trust the page anymore. They all just want our money.
I cannot agree less that they are simply there for the money, but who wouldn't? Moreover, why should anyone even trust any page or ICO rating website before they can make any decision rather than relying totally on their own due diligence. This whole judgmental statements to me is kind of uncalled for and even though I am not disputing the fact that the fee for most of their services is huge, but some are paying for it and those who simply could not, should find what they can afford. It is unfortunate those who are making use of them are happy being exploited, but our complaint would actually not travel that far.

Nevertheless, in my honest opinion, paying for an expert status is a way too far and for that amount is even way too much! What makes it impossible then for a scammer to spend as little as few bitcoins to get expert status for different account so as to deceive investors. I still wonder why people pay so much attention to these guys as everything here is simply bought.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:11:19 PM

Yeah those big ICO rating websites are making serious cash, shouldn't be trusted.
I am not sure how that should be related to being trusted. The fact that they are making a lot of cash or the fact that they are not screening what they are putting on the website? You guys should leave ICObench alone, and I do not know why we keep criticizing them when some are paying for their services. If no one is paying for it, I can bet it would not take them long to reduce their fee but it is what it is and trying to take pain killer for someone else's headache is simply not my thing.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:15:15 PM

Anyone who makes investment decisions based on the ICO rating sites deserves to lose their money. They do not do any analysis and from this article it is obvious that the expertise of their "experts" is negligable. It only really shows the ability to make a BitCoin Transfer. I imagine that these so called experts also rent out their services to potential ICO's offering them a high ICO rating in return for cash or tokens.

bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:20:11 PM

data analysis for ico bench and ico rating any ico analysis need lot of in-depth research on data and many combinations before rating so they will charge nice chunk of payments in the coming days
tdeannova

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:22:14 PM

not all ico with high rating will be successful or provide no scam warranty. rating sites are not a good reason to be an indicator or recommendation of an ico option. stay on the analysis or research we do and expand the discussion with all communities or investors.
pat25

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:24:17 PM

Anyone who makes investment decisions based on the ICO rating sites deserves to lose their money. They do not do any analysis and from this article it is obvious that the expertise of their "experts" is negligable. It only really shows the ability to make a BitCoin Transfer. I imagine that these so called experts also rent out their services to potential ICO's offering them a high ICO rating in return for cash or tokens.

So who can you trust? Can you trust the team? Now it seems that you can´t trust anyone - it is true in real life, but there should be the possibility to inspire...
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:29:46 PM

They are not satisfied by the money they get to sponsor the ICOs and write a positive review of them, now they also want users to pay to get their correct opinion. No thanks, I'll make opinion of my own.
lositech

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:31:05 PM

Well I am not so surprised because most times you will see a project which is not so good but it will have a high review for ico bench, Like I have always said, I believe ico drops more than any other ico sites.
poutintsev (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:59:03 PM

So those only who paid high will get 5 star rating? this is bad, I never trust these kind of rating ICO website, the rating are already fixed by paying better to research ICO by yourself than looking high rating ICO with no guarantee if it is legit.

It sure looks like that.

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:04:54 PM

Wow. This is a bomb. I have been relying on ico rating websites when choosing ICOs to join and icobench was one of my best picks. I believed at its rating because I thought it was true, or so I thought. This would be the second article that brought realizations to me and this greatly influenced my perspectives toward ico rating websites in general because who knows if other websites also has this kind of anomaly that isn't exposed just yet.

Decorsair23

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:11:14 PM

Well I think everyone here knows icobench or any ico review sites are corrupted. There's a post lately of how much would it cost an ICO in receiving a 5 star review from ICObench. I think this needs to be fixed because most of the ICO's right now are scams. Anyways, @OP try cooperating with menlo.one they'll be launching a guild-system review platform where this kind of foolishness doesn't exist.
aguatera

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:13:57 PM

Wow. This is a bomb. I have been relying on ico rating websites when choosing ICOs to join and icobench was one of my best picks. I believed at its rating because I thought it was true, or so I thought. This would be the second article that brought realizations to me and this greatly influenced my perspectives toward ico rating websites in general because who knows if other websites also has this kind of anomaly that isn't exposed just yet.

This is the second negative topic about ICOBench. The first one was about lowing rating for ICOs which didn't buy premium packages... For me it was one of the best places to look for great ICOs, but it's probably good time to look for another one.
Decorsair23

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:24:16 PM

This is the second negative topic about ICOBench. The first one was about lowing rating for ICOs which didn't buy premium packages... For me it was one of the best places to look for great ICOs, but it's probably good time to look for another one.

I think this was the 3rd issue about it. The 2nd one was buying for a good review on their site. Well i suggest to research about menlo.one you'll find their concept very interesting and on-point to what is happening right now.
CryptTee

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:33:22 PM

So someone has mentioned this already, and full disclosure, I'm actually part of the team - so here comes a mini-pitch.

Check out Menlo One (https://menlo.one) We're working super hard to eliminate the dodginess, pay to play and outright fraud in the industry with our ICO marketplace - I'd recommend checking out the bluepaper, which talks in depth about how we'll use various features to combat this (crap).

Sorry about the shameless plug here guys, we're all pretty passionate about creating a trustless environment where anyone can rate ICO's as a single person or as part of a group (Guild), and your reputation is earned over time, based on the community's reception and accuracy of your calls.

We'd love it if you took a look at our stuff, and we'd love it more if you signed up to create your own guild once we launch! Cheesy
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

Damn that is big news, thanks for sharing about it. But it is make me speechless, the disclosure able to share some proof tho.
Above articel has opened our eyes / those investor to do some reseach before do investing. Give a fake information for something that are purpose of crime.
I'm not surprised about that. This has been discussed in so many groups never try to believe with ico bench or any other ico list site right now. They are only getting paid to be listed or give any review to the any ico that has already paid their service. It can't be trusted. it can be considered as a scam too.

eipeng

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

So it's true. ICO bench is one the best benchmark for ICO even me i always go there whenever i search for the top ICO's but this article got me. I don't know if trust this ICO bench anymore. 2btc for an expert status that's quite high.
cris17

Activity: 640
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:35:14 PM

Never rely on some ICO rating sites only. Before investing in any ICP or altcoin always learn about the project, idea, team, product and only if you really see that this ICO can change our life to better, then invest in it)
poutintsev (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 03:26:25 PM

Well I think everyone here knows icobench or any ico review sites are corrupted. There's a post lately of how much would it cost an ICO in receiving a 5 star review from ICObench. I think this needs to be fixed because most of the ICO's right now are scams. Anyways, @OP try cooperating with menlo.one they'll be launching a guild-system review platform where this kind of foolishness doesn't exist.

Are you talking about this one?

https://medium.com/alethena/this-is-how-easy-it-is-to-buy-ico-ratings-an-investigation-13d07e987394

Yes that's quite an interesting article. Impressive that they went through all that trouble and even paid for those fake ratings just to expose them later. Thumb up to those guys!

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
crypto_blockchain43

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:40:39 PM

Not great news.. I still believe icobench is very useful resource but asking money for publishing an expert - not a good sign.

I like this ons, they never ask money for just posting ICO/agency/expert or other information: https://forico.io
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:05:30 PM

I still trust ICOBench, I have heard a lot of bad news about this site. But they really choose the best ICOs. Never have any problem when I invested into ICO with good rating on ICOBench.
It is the service they create that makes them charge what they do and that is simply because they place a lot of value on what they have to offer. A lot of people keep complaining about this platform but I do not know why they have not started theirs to try to make things better.

It could be a huge price, and for sure, it is a whole lot, but they are still assisting those who may want to filter out their research on projects to invest in and if developers feel it is enough to pay for being shown to big investors, then we just have to accept it as it is.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: