Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:16:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1879 times)
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 619

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:32:48 AM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
if you storetourbitcoin in any walletsthat uses privatekey or any password type it in your memo or print it so  you cant forget about your key and make sure no one cant access your password so that your bitcoin is safe from scammers
Well sad to say that could be a devastating experience for someone. That's the thing that you will wish not to happen with you. As long as you can avoid it then go for it. But if fate does not go on your favor then you must hope you can re open it. Accessing your account won't be easy but it's worth a shot.
this is some of a case that really disgusting to happen specially for those who are fresh to start here and dont know what to do what could be the best shout for help and report for it immediately you have to be aware for everything most of this case too.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:02:24 AM

save in telegram because that's really safe you can create your own page

use Yahoo mail too and Twitter then Facebook for more safe

the best is activate 2fa and don't use some phrases for my experience
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2954
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:07:05 AM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
You will lose your  coins forever if you lose your private keys. The best way is to write it down or print it on a paper and store it somewhere safe. Don't make it too obvious that its a private key. Also others suggesting to store it in a flash drive isn't actually the best thing to do. Every electronic device wears out as time goes by. So it becomes risky as you flash drive might stop working.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:15:04 AM

There's a lot of case that they private key lose if the computer lose or format. There's case they ignore bitcoin because the price is very cheap and after few years when the price is very high they did not know how recover because most of them are format their device. So better if you have back incase the private key lose you can open again your account.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:16:27 AM

I have a short term memory I easily forgot specially numbers that is why I do not trust it so what I do is to save it in my USB and write it in a notebook , I keep these two in a safety place so nobody can touch it if I am not in the house.
Bugsbey

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:18:38 AM

In my age, I am more forgetful so it is not easy to memorize the numbers and letters. So what I did is to write it in my notebook and keep my notebook locked
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:19:29 AM

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to retrieve your key back once you don't have access to it. You should do everything possible to keep it safe in order not to lose it. One way is the paper print or better still have it on an old phone and hide it somewhere that people cannot reach easily.

CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

Be careful(

Is there any remedies to retrieved back the key to owner if nothing that's a tragedies that can make wounds of our feelings start a new one and be safer invest now and be responsible of your private property.
yvuj101

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:47:51 AM

Be careful(

If I forget my key I considered those coins goes on charity and course I cried untill my heartaches released it's my fault a neglegence of my work be wise next time.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:54:04 AM

If you forget your private key there is no way to recover it. So you should keep it good and print it. For if you accidentally get lost or lost you still have a copy. If your wallet is Coinbase, Coins.ph does not have a problem here because you can still know your password by clicking on forgot password. But it should be very careful as it is the 3rd party wallet you can hack and quickly find out our passwords.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:56:13 AM

There is no way to recover this wallet so your funds lost forever.
But some scientiest say what quatum pc can restore sha256 wallets

Kimchu kuno

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:08:03 AM

Be careful(

There are many  circumstances that our memory become weak if this will happen to me I always think thats a saddest memory I will be responsible next time I write it into my notebook and attached to my important valid IDs and also I tell my descendants about my wallet on bitcoin so they can help me trace if ever it's occur again.
triplef

Activity: 338

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:10:40 AM

I would recommend old method, just keep it in printed or rewrited by hand version. Because if you loose your key, there is no way to take it back.

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:42:19 AM

to avoid losing important key,  i suggest to make more copy and keep it in safe place ,such on your ( phone memory card and computer )
to assure you can recover it always , or write it on piece of paper and keep it on your wallet which is in case as well if you lost your other copies.
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:55:37 AM

Make sure you have a hard copy of your private keys and keep it in a safe place. Most of the stolen or forgotten private keys doesn't have a chance of getting it back. You can also use a hardware wallet. You are the one who is responsible for your money so keep it and don't share your private infos. Prevention is better than losing.

Marcommaso

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:58:52 AM

All btc stored will be lost. I think some dudes which mining during the rise of bitcoin suffered now of major depression or suicidal thinking. Or they got to the moon  Grin
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:06:22 AM

If you forgot the key to your Bitcoin wallet you should also need to forget your Bitcoin because it's the only way you can open your wallet.

There's no alternative way in opening your wallet, well if you easily forget things you can print your private key on a piece of paper and put it somewhere safe like vaults, your drawer, anywhere. You can also buy a ledger you can use in order to store your Cryptos.
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:51:39 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 12:18:48 PM by Matimtim

I think the most safest way to keep your private key is saving it to other hard drive like flash drive to avoid any hackers to get your private key.

If someone lost his private key he loss his money also because I think there is no other way to retrieve his key, so we must be careful.

jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:16:46 PM

If you forgot you private key you must to forget your money too because there is no other way to retrieve your private key in short if you loss your key you also loss your money.

Just start the new beginning.

a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:47:30 AM

if people forget their private key they are doomed there is no way you can get back your private key people have start from the first block if they have all their money in one wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: