Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why the ICO & bounty era is almost over  (Read 462 times)
bandar (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 05:31:21 PM

I've noticed quite some changes in ICOs and bounties:

- The whole market is flooded with BS projects
- There are way too many ICOs
- Teams are often fake
- Telegram groups of 25k people don't mean a thing
- Hardcaps aren't reached anymore.  Remember a few months ago when some ico's were sold out in minutes?  When does that still happen?  It doesn't... the contrary is happening: icos last for months and months
- Bounties: they sell them by their hardcap number at the price of the last stage.  For example: 4 million USD bounty!  That is IF all 400.000.000 tokens are sold AND you could sell them at the last price of 0.1$ which you never will.
- Bounties/caps are often calculated in eth and for some reason ico-people still think 1 eth is 1000$.  Wake up and smell the news!  1 eth is less than half of that!
- Nobody is buying tokens anymore
- They lie about how many tokens are sold
- Private investors... don't make me laugh.  There are no private investors....  If there were, they would be bragging about which ones which they don't.  ALL lies and more lies.

EDIT: (since most posters only read the OP):  That's why:

- Every ICO team member should do a mandatory KYC so everybody can find these people when the shit hits the fan.
- Vitaliks DAICO idea with escrowed funds that are released when certain goals on the roadmap are met.
- Pay bounties in eth/btc/fiat and not in tokens
- Team tokens should be locked for a year (a lot do this already).
- Delete Telegram as a whole  Grin (no j/k I don't like chat groups of 50k people, they are useless)

EDIT2:

I invested in a lot of ico's last summer.  Most of them made profits, sometimes huge profits.  When the market turned red, I stopped investing money and started investing time.  I turned to bounty hunting (mostly translation jobs, some sig).  By doing that I read a lot of WP, did a lot of research on teams and websites and then it started to occur to me that there are A LOT of fake teams, fake linkedins, vaporware products that only consist of marketing. 

I always wonder: how is it possible that if they present you a team of so called experts with years of relevant experience in IT, financial industry, marketing, etc that in most cases these people are nowhere to be found prior to the ico?  You google them: nothing, you search for their pictures: nothing, you google the companies they so called worked for: you can't find them (you can find the companies but you can't find evidence that they worked there).  There are only a few ico's that I participated in (with a bounty) that were 100% transparant, where you could actually find the people aboard.  Neufund was one of them.  Most of the times those icos are the ones with hardly any bonuses, no pre-sales, no months long ico's, no facebook and telegram lemmings who try to shill a product and team they don't know.

You are too powerful, I admire you for doing so much analysis, and you read so many whitepapers, so your point of view is very useful.
I don't know if you have your own telegram channel, I would love to join.
Thanks.

Thanks.  I don't have my own Telegram channel (that would make me a hypocrit given what I just said about Telegram and deleting the bunch lol).  But I do think about making my own Slack channel with people doing the same as I do. 

I would make a slack channel with the principles of:

- Not trying to make money with it in any way (no shilling, no spam, no P/D, no lobbying)
- Pointing out possible scam ICO's I (we) come across without having to spread those accusations in the open (BTT).  I don't want some maffia chasing me lol.
- Pointing out  possible very interesting ICO's that do look bonafide.

I'll let you know when I release that.  Wink
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CriptoNata

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:49:18 AM

This is absolutely wrong! Nothing has ended but is just beginning, we are at the very beginning of the journey.
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:56:18 AM

I was thinking on writing a post like this but you already did LOL. I'm afraid to say this, scam ICOs are dragging the crypto down gradually
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:58:45 AM

I don't care if bounties will end though. I am more interested on serious talks especially the coins in my portfolio in order to assess it better. Too many nonsense posts spamming are getting ridiculous. As to ICO ending soon, I don't think so as there will be people that can think and make better than some of these current crypto currencies. Although I hate scams and lately I didn't invest on any ICO yet.
minhdang2212

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:01:21 AM

- Teams are often fake
- Hardcaps aren't reached anymore.  Remember a few months ago when some ico's were sold out in minutes?  When does that still happen?  It doesn't... the contrary is happening: icos last for months and months
- Bounties: they sell them by their hardcap number at the price of the last stage.  For example: 4 million USD bounty!  That is IF all 400.000.000 tokens are sold AND you could sell them at the last price of 0.1$ which you never will.
- Bounties/caps are often calculated in eth and for some reason ico-people still think 1 eth is 1000$.  Wake up and smell the news!  1 eth is less than half of that!
- Private investors... don't make me laugh.  There are no private investors....  If there were, they would be bragging about which ones which they don't.  ALL lies and more lies.

- Every ICO team member should do a mandatory KYC so everybody can find these people when the shit hits the fan.
- Vitaliks DAICO idea with escrowed funds that are released when certain goals on the roadmap are met.
- Delete Telegram as a whole  Grin (no j/k I don't like chat groups of 50k people, they are useless)

EDIT2:

I invested in a lot of ico's last summer.  Most of them made profits, sometimes huge profits.  When the market turned red, I stopped investing money and started investing time.  I turned to bounty hunting (mostly translation jobs, some sig).  By doing that I read a lot of WP, did a lot of research on teams and websites and then it started to occur to me that there are A LOT of fake teams, fake linkedins, vaporware products that only consist of marketing. 

I always wonder: how is it possible that if they present you a team of so called experts with years of relevant experience in IT, financial industry, marketing, etc that in most cases these people are nowhere to be found prior to the ico?  You google them: nothing, you search for their pictures: nothing, you google the companies they so called worked for: you can't find them (you can find the companies but you can't find evidence that they worked there).  There are only a few ico's that I participated in (with a bounty) that were 100% transparant, where you could actually find the people aboard.  Neufund was one of them.  Most of the times those icos are the ones with hardly any bonuses, no pre-sales, no months long ico's, no facebook and telegram lemmings who try to shill a product and team they don't know.

I agree with you now ICO too much, although I only joined this market from August in 2017 but I noticed the ICO in 2017 and the ICO in 2018 has a lot of difference.
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:01:35 AM

ICO is not over! I am sure less than 1% of world's population even know what ICO is all about. And if ICO  is not over, you can be sure bounty campaign is not over either. Campaign is one of the way to bring to notice of  would be investors!
01asd

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:07:56 AM

I don't care if bounties will end though. I am more interested on serious talks especially the coins in my portfolio in order to assess it better. Too many nonsense posts spamming are getting ridiculous. As to ICO ending soon, I don't think so as there will be people that can think and make better than some of these current crypto currencies. Although I hate scams and lately I didn't invest on any ICO yet.
I am afraid that I cannot say about that for sure. All bounties and ico always have different purpose and their uniqueness. So you cannot compare and classified all ico and bounties into one thing only. This ico and that ico may be different. So maybe, not all ico and bounties are going to end. There are a lot of opportunity that exist in this kind of thing. You can promote anything using ico and bounties, especially signature campaign. You cannot just promote ico or some new altcoins, but you can also promote something else such as website, cloud mining sites, and other development of btc and this world of crypto.
shana95

Activity: 209

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:14:39 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 05:41:07 AM by shana95

- Teams are often fake

EDIT2:

I invested in a lot of ico's last summer.  Most of them made profits, sometimes huge profits.  When the market turned red, I stopped investing money and started investing time.  I turned to bounty hunting (mostly translation jobs, some sig).  By doing that I read a lot of WP, did a lot of research on teams and websites and then it started to occur to me that there are A LOT of fake teams, fake linkedins, vaporware products that only consist of marketing.  

I always wonder: how is it possible that if they present you a team of so called experts with years of relevant experience in IT, financial industry, marketing, etc that in most cases these people are nowhere to be found prior to the ico?  You google them: nothing, you search for their pictures: nothing, you google the companies they so called worked for: you can't find them (you can find the companies but you can't find evidence that they worked there).  There are only a few ico's that I participated in (with a bounty) that were 100% transparant, where you could actually find the people aboard.  Neufund was one of them.  Most of the times those icos are the ones with hardly any bonuses, no pre-sales, no months long ico's, no facebook and telegram lemmings who try to shill a product and team they don't know.

Yes, There is something to think. But i don't thin bounty era becoming end. but I agree with that you talking about. I also saw some ICO programs. runs by very young people. and they say they are experts in the field and no working products. only concept. Yeah, community-scale can't measure ICO strength. Because of 1 or 2 airdrops and giveaways enough to boost community scale to 20,000+. Project good or not it doesn't matter to them. They are joining. The official Web page also same. any good designer can design a professional website easily. But I trust websites which have good web ratings and good traffic level. I agree with you they can manipulate us using fake ICO details. Some project starts very actively. after the weeks and months, no any updates from the team. Last time I saw bitcointalk thread describe how to get scammed. here is steemit article. https://steemit.com/scam/@moonjelly/how-to-create-an-ico-scam-in-5-simple-steps

But I believe ICO programs which have already working product for a long time. The can be trust mostly than a project only depend on a concept or future product. Advisory board also good... I think an Expert advisory board is good to trust ICO. Those advisors easy can find on the internet and easily find information about them. Are you think they support to scam ICOs only for a money? These are the points I use to filter scam project. I would like to have your opinion on it. thanks
Coin_in_the_pocket

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:40:16 AM

I think you are too strict towards a Bounty. In the near future, they will start filtering all the information. But the Bounty campaign will flourish. Smiley
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:39:08 PM

I do not believe that the ICOs are reaching a terminal stage of their existence, because the business model has proven to be successful and still has a lot of potential to finance projects that otherwise would face serious problems to see the light.

However, as is often the case in any innovative and developing business model, greater control and regulation may be required at a given time to allow investors greater protection of their investment, leaving professional fraudsters and money laundering out of business, so KYC measures seem to be a good first step.
Gelesko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:52:06 PM

did u loose some coin ,ur talking like someone who lost large some in a coin.U know it that what ur talking aint real tho

No and in fact I'm in the crypto game since 2014.  I've done a lot of ico's,especially last summer when it was an excellent time for buying them.  I sold most of them with good profits during december/january.  And that is exactly the reason I'm posting this.  things have changed wether you like it or not.  Name one thing in the list I posted that isn't true to some extent?  It's all happening, every thing I mentioned.  I'm not saying no ICO will be succeful in the future, but just look at the altcoin announcement section and compare that to 2 years ago...  Not even mentioning the complete BS-ico's with people who don't even take the time/effort/hire people to write in proper English.  Some sites look like they were designed in Paint in 2005...
Your post is good to read at the beginning, but then I noticed couple of things that I don't agree with you on.
How much Bitcoin and Ethereum was worth in 2014? It was way cheaper, then today. ICO's was selling out in minutes, as there was a big gap in the market, you could say it was a monopoly in crypto market, big boom and lot's of money coming in, thats why they were sold out! Whereas today people don';t invest in new projects, as they got all invested what been in the crypto market earlier! We need fresh investors (blood) and all this news about regulating spooked everyone off. We are (investors in crypto) are currently in good position  for long term investment and please be patient for your profit, all markets have their ups and downs, so don't panic

FillJaS

Activity: 156
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:52:41 PM

Unfortunately you are right.
But I do not agree that this is the end. Just a new reality with which we need to accept.
We can try somehow to change this, but how?
Services that evaluate the new ICO often manipulate the ratings themselves.
Every investor will have to spend a huge amount of time for research.
Now I dont see any other way.
olsyd

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:59:30 PM

I think we will see a rise of ICO and bounties when the market starts growing up, I know it is not easy to believe in that but I'm sure it will be
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:31:47 PM

I think we will see a rise of ICO and bounties when the market starts growing up, I know it is not easy to believe in that but I'm sure it will be

The problem is not market. The problem is the number of scam projects that are increasing day by day. This cause people to not trust ICOs.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:31:50 PM

I think the ICO and bounty is not over, there are lots of people will try to ruined that and they will spread fake news or information and we should not to believe on them instead we should support it.
AravinthP

Activity: 154

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 03:39:09 PM

will have to agree. Also these days there is no ico worth investing

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: