Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:19:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freshmarket.co.in compromised and closing  (Read 9711 times)
def_ender (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:06:03 AM

LMAO.  create exchange.  watch serious amount of funds come in in crypto coins.  use excuse site got hacked.  close site down.  cash in on coins.  What a way to rob people Smiley
Nice idea, but no. If we rob people - why do we even refund anything? Why just don't run with all funds?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:07:03 AM

LMAO.  create exchange.  watch serious amount of funds come in in crypto coins.  use excuse site got hacked.  close site down.  cash in on coins.  What a way to rob people Smiley

def ender, i hgihly suggest you refund all the money. you also lied, the password hashes weren't decrypted. they are hashed with SHA512, which is a one way hashing function that can't be decrypted.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
coinmeister

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:07:36 AM

def_center, will you withdraw my coins?
dr_yan_yan

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:07:44 AM

Watching the US Senate discussions about what part of Bitcoin SHOULD and SHOULD NOT be regulated...  I think this is perfect example of why Exchanges should be regulated. Also POOLS should be too.

This type of thing occurs too often, and who is left losing everything... the customers.

ANYONE can setup an exchange, you have no idea if their system is secure, or if they are scammer, or if they even know how to use a computer!
At every 2nd coin launch, i see a scammer Pool setup.  pretend to have problems... then steal 1-2 days worth of mine.

Who protects the user?
Who regulates this shit?

The community should.. but they dont... the community is too full of Pump and Dumpers...

It has become a community similar to any online game, or even 4Chan... where you have  Trolls, Scammers, Spammers, Noobs, and the fuckwit elites who think NOOBS DESERVE TO BE SCAMMED!!

Crypto community is fast becoming a group of people who are just there to pump, dump and laugh at anyone that is new.
PJDavis1970

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:09:45 AM

LMAO.  create exchange.  watch serious amount of funds come in in crypto coins.  use excuse site got hacked.  close site down.  cash in on coins.  What a way to rob people Smiley
Nice idea, but no. If we rob people - why do we even refund anything? Why just don't run with all funds?

Please post all logs here.

Hacker activity log from website.

Hacker message to you.

IP of hacker who sent message.

And logs of funds returned to people Smiley  If any have been returned.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

Watching the US Senate discussions about what part of Bitcoin SHOULD and SHOULD NOT be regulated...  I think this is perfect example of why Exchanges should be regulated. Also POOLS should be too.

This type of thing occurs too often, and who is left losing everything... the customers.

ANYONE can setup an exchange, you have no idea if their system is secure, or if they are scammer, or if they even know how to use a computer!
At every 2nd coin launch, i see a scammer Pool setup.  pretend to have problems... then steal 1-2 days worth of mine.

Who protects the user?
Who regulates this shit?

The community should.. but they dont... the community is too full of Pump and Dumpers...

It has become a community similar to any online game, or even 4Chan... where you have  Trolls, Scammers, Spammers, Noobs, and the fuckwit elites who think NOOBS DESERVE TO BE SCAMMED!!

Crypto community is fast becoming a group of people who are just there to pump, dump and laugh at anyone that is new.

not me dr yan yan, i respect all users and constumpers. i remember a time when you traded on OpenEx as well

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:13:24 AM

Hacker message to you.

We will start refunds in 2 hours, if we find enough sponsors to refund all.
Just now we have 75% of needed money.
dr_yan_yan

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:17:47 AM

not me dr yan yan, i respect all users and constumpers. i remember a time when you traded on OpenEx as well

Still do mate...

Just waiting for you to get better and upgrade that baby!

You have been honest and open the whole time, But even you had security problems.

Regulation is needed not only for Customer Safety, but also to help provide new exchanges with tools and methods to secure their site correctly.
Regulation is not just rules, it is support too.

P.S.  I have never lost a coin from either   OPENEX.PW  or  FRESHMARKETCO.IN     maybe luck?
PJDavis1970

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:19:39 AM

Hacker message to you.

OK explain something.

Hacker threatening to take all funds if you don't pay him.  So you come to a PUBLIC forum and announce it rather than..  QUICKLY returning coins to people before hacker gets chance to do anything.  COME ON pull the other one it has bells on it
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1946
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:19:47 AM

Hm, maybe it was mistake. Some of them was DEcrypted by hacker. If you know hashed password, within 5-20 hours you can decrypt it into unencrypted one.

This is complete BS.

md5 passwords, if used in a right way, take years to decrypt.

Of course a password like 12345 can be decrypted in matter of seconds using rainbow tablets, but if this is the case, then it's a slap in the face for your to allow such passwords
PJDavis1970

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:24:54 AM

Hm, maybe it was mistake. Some of them was DEcrypted by hacker. If you know hashed password, within 5-20 hours you can decrypt it into unencrypted one.

This is complete BS.

Of course a password like 12345 can be decrypted in matter of seconds using rainbow tablets, but if this is the case, then it's a slap in the face for your to allow such passwords

OK lets say this is true..  Let me understand this.

You received a message form a hacker claiming he has hacked site and got passwords.  He has taken coins from a few accounts and asked you for 10 btw or you will loose rest.

HUMMM..  OK

Firstly why didn't the hacker just take everything and make more?  Hackers who steal are not nice people that will just say,..  ok just give me a little and ill leave you rest.

SO think for a second..  He claims to have decrypted hashed passwords ( I DONT THINK SO )

Is it not more likely someone has created 10 + accounts..  Deposited coins to all accounts..  Empited all those accounts and then pretended to be a hacker and blackmail you for btw?
def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:25:14 AM

Hacker message to you.

OK explain something.

Hacker threatening to take all funds if you don't pay him.  So you come to a PUBLIC forum and announce it rather than..  QUICKLY returning coins to people before hacker gets chance to do anything.  COME ON pull the other one it has bells on it

How can i QUICKLY RETURN coins to people, if part of the IS LOST? Devs decided to stop engine to prevent further losses and refund everything manually. Was it a mistake? What should be a better way?

This is complete BS.

Seriously, i don't even know how we have been hacked. The man who did it showed up in our thread, said smth like 'i have stolen onle 250,you are scammers, i couldnt steal more than 300 cuz you doesn't had it on wallet' and dissapeared. He haven't shown how he did it, and i don't see any good auths in SSH/any shit that could help me understand.
I will post logs as soon as admin gives them to me. (I'm the support guy, not admin guy, unfortunately)
murkster

Activity: 196

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:25:47 AM

Proof of hack please.

As mentioned emails with full headers.
Any server logs showing pertinent information to share with community so others can harden their exchanges.
Relevant blockchain entries.

The passwords could well have been brute forced the easy ones first. Most probably bluffing about taking monies as if I had access to all accounts I would empty all. Which will probably happen anyway given enough time to brute force passwords.

If genuine Im gutted fir you...

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
murkster

Activity: 196

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:29:55 AM

Is it not more likely someone has created 10 + accounts..  Deposited coins to all accounts..  Empited all those accounts and then pretended to be a hacker and blackmail you for btw?

Great idea.. Wink

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:31:09 AM

This is complete BS.

OK lets say this is true..  Let me understand this.

You received a message form a hacker claiming he has hacked site and got passwords.  He has taken coins from a few accounts and asked you for 10 btw or you will loose rest.

HUMMM..  OK

Firstly why didn't the hacker just take everything and make more?  Hackers who steal are not nice people that will just say,..  ok just give me a little and ill leave you rest.

SO think for a second..  He claims to have decrypted hashed passwords ( I DONT THINK SO )

>Firstly why didn't the hacker just take everything and make more?
Because we don't store everything in one wallet. We had ~300 ltc on our exchange wallet, and had ~1000 on our cryptsy wallet (cuz it's obvously more safe than our exchange).
Proof of hack please.
Any server logs showing pertinent information to share with community so others can harden their exchanges.
The passwords could well have been brute forced the easy ones first. Most probably bluffing about taking monies as if I had access to all accounts I would empty all. Which will probably happen anyway given enough time to brute force passwords.

Just now i know one adress to which was withdrawn 0.4 and 0.8 ltc (we blocked it and in a few time there were support ticket 'why so long to withdraw' and after this - DONT WITHDRAW THIS IT IS NOT MY WALLET STOP IT). After it i don't know which wallet was really hacker's one, and which was real one.
After it i have support ticket from some guy with threat, and now - message from this guy in our btalk thread.
Just now that's all.
I will post logs as soon as admin gives it to me.
Randy pNut

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:33:14 AM

Proof of hack please.

If he really wanted to scam peoples he would close the site and just disappear instead of trying to advertise peoples.
This topic itself should be the proof.

Good luck def, hope you'll bounce back.
thekekk

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:35:22 AM

Proof of hack please.

stop ignoring!!
give proofs or never happen

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
droideggs

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:38:01 AM

so, we just got scammed again?

nothing new in the crypto world.

i welcome regulation of crypto exchanges. this is the place where the most vile hacking/scamming activity takes place.

def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:38:27 AM

Proof of hack please.

If he really wanted to scam peoples he would close the site and just disappear instead of trying to advertise peoples.
This topic itself should be the proof.

Good luck def, hope you'll bounce back.
Thanks, atleast i'll try. I already found ~50 ltc to add it to refund pool, but it's still not enough.
templebar

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:39:48 AM

Its a shame really.

I used to trade there and I hope I can get my coins back.

Def, bounce back strongly rather than shutting it down completely.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: