Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:45:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bithumb 30 Million Hack  (Read 438 times)
pat25

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:10:30 PM

Just in time to kill the momentum and take us back to 6500, this hack happened, people panic sold, but the fact that Bithumb inmediatly took charge of the situation, moved resources to cold wallets and assured clients it would cough up the 30 Million to cover losses, is pretty empowering for the industrya and goes to show that a lot of the big players are here for the long term and are willing to build a new reputation not only for themselves but also the industry, trying to make it a more professional space, and not just a parade of endless unresolved scams and hacks.
Another thread about same thing.
I am verry happy that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies survived this bad news!
We are going up Cool!
BlueMoonLight

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:11:24 PM

I hope that the hack won't repeat again and again from different place and go to another place. I hope it won't effect the current price if bitcoin.
ovbokhan

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:13:31 PM

Bithumb just built such high reputation in such a short time.The market would have crashed again.
ovbokhan

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:24:39 PM

I hope that the hack won't repeat again and again from different place and go to another place. I hope it won't effect the current price if bitcoin.
it wont,market cap seem even be on the rise
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

This is really a gloomy news for us all. However, I hope traders will not be afraid of the situation. Time will change ownself. And my request to all that please avoid and don't spread any FUD. It hurts the market more.

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
ItsZeroLimit

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:36:07 PM

Just in time to kill the momentum and take us back to 6500, this hack happened, people panic sold, but the fact that Bithumb inmediatly took charge of the situation, moved resources to cold wallets and assured clients it would cough up the 30 Million to cover losses, is pretty empowering for the industrya and goes to show that a lot of the big players are here for the long term and are willing to build a new reputation not only for themselves but also the industry, trying to make it a more professional space, and not just a parade of endless unresolved scams and hacks.

I suspect that this is a simple marketing move and, at the same time, a convenient way to influence the market. Too timely there are "hacker attacks", you did not pay attention to it? The laws of black PR, no one canceled, they still work just fine.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

Can't wait for decentralized exchanges to become the norm. This crap doesn't have to happen.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:46:53 PM

I really wasn't expecting that, Bithumb, such a respected name in the world of exchanges, I suppose its still possible to successfully hack the big players. Opening the bets who will be the next victim.
Sparklins4u

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:58:44 PM

Honestly am sick of hearing news about exchanges getting hacked on daily basis, it puts investors at a difficult situation because most of them are now scared of leaving their assets on exchanges. we need more of decentralized exchanges.
riksen

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:07:17 PM

This is very bad for the crypto market.
new people who still have to invest in this market.
Get suspicious now and now do not buy anything anymore.
Why do not such exchange have their security up to date?
I hope that is not picked up by the media.
we need more good news about crypto than bad news.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Anonymous Transactions! ➢ New Roadmap ★
[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[https://privcy.eu/]✅[Privacy-enabled and Secure.]✅
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:30:59 PM

This is really a bad news for the industry. Due to these kind of issues so many traders are being hopeless. However, in this current situation, I think keeping money in private wallet is safer. But we should avoid any FUD at this moment.
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:37:28 PM

any news that is similar like this will affect "ALL industries" depending  on the niche of the news.

But trust me, it will rebounce back for much better and stronger.

Dont believe in the sudden FUD dip. Leverage on that instead
vallydelly

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:42:15 PM

Yeah I heard about the news and it's so unfortunate for the affected users of the bithumb but the good thing is that they promise to refund all the affected users and if they will do that, it will be a nice one.
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 04:50:05 PM

Concerned about the news that could harm their industry ,this is why bitcoin values cannot grow fast as usual but we should look at the case patiently millions of people panicked with this awful news

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
scooby_doo23955

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:16:10 PM

This is really frustrating to see such incident. Such hacking will make people to lose faith from the exchanges and eventually they can even leave this market out of fear. This is really alarming and the exchanges should take steps to stop such hacking.
currencydesigner123

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:20:29 PM

Hacking is literally destroying the whole digital ecosystem. It is very unfortunate to have such a hack issue at this period. It is very difficult to recover this type of massive losses. Hopefully te Bithumb will recover soon.
macshad

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:22:45 PM

this bithumb hack has just shown why it is always emphasized that you should not leave your tokens in exchanges.
the safest place to leave your coins and tokens is in your personal wallet.
Sanderion

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:33:23 PM

this bithumb hack has just shown why it is always emphasized that you should not leave your tokens in exchanges.
the safest place to leave your coins and tokens is in your personal wallet.

This hack is very weak, only 30 millions was stolen. But this was great informational occasion to drop Bitcoin a little bit. Also, Bithumb will refund all the funds that was stolen. But this incident once again proved the necessity of creating a reliable and fast decentralized exchange. Existing decentralized exchanges can not compete with centralized exchanges despite much higher reliability.

CurrencyIntel

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 07:47:30 PM

So far the impact is not so massive. We can see this seeing the reflection in the price index. All are moving normally. But this the really a bad news for the bithumb and the traders who has money in the exchange. And in future traders will think more than once beore keeping their money in any other exchange.
pauline_78

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:58:11 AM

This is sad that because of this issue people are less interested in investing. But, i hope the technology will gradually be in secure position and people will regain its trust.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: