Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:31:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When the government forbids cryptocurrency  (Read 14615 times)
bizarro

Activity: 291
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:12:52 PM

In my country not the long time ago some politics were saying that we are just a step before we would ban Bitcoin in the area of our country, so I'm seriously thinking about moving into another country. Because all I have cryptocurrency gave me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlind

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:20:10 PM

When the government forbids cryptocurrency

In my country, the government is gradually apply internet and cryptocurrency control decrees. Previously, they banned direct Bitcoin transactions. Currently, they are banning crypto-related bank transfers. And of course, ICOS is also gradually banned .
Initially, they said they would not ban crypto and bitcoin. But now their actions show that they do not want crypto to exist.
Is their purpose not to secure crypto investors? They are trying to make it their own
They see huge profits being lost for themselves
And when the internet management program took place in my country, maybe I could not come up here to share my views like this. So sad

As far as I know right now in my country you are having the positive attitude about cryptocurrencies,  we have not developed a new laws and regulations about it yet, but there was already some declarations that we will regulate and allow bitcoin here.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:52:34 PM

With the ban from the government may have a negative impact on the life of someone who has long been in the world of cryptocurrency because they must immediately Find another job to earn an income at any time.
People who have long been in cryptocurrency they already have great wealth now, they do not have to look for jobs to someone else and work for them because it will be useless. Someone can to start a business that has been generated from cryptocurrency and I am sure they have done it.
  No doubt those who has invest their money into bitcoin are surely very rich but they should have a little of more patience as we can see bitcoin is gaining value and importance, now almost 99% of earning is being done with internet and they are really earning for now and storing their future saving, so I appreciate bitcoin investment the most, It has all the guts to change a person’s life.
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:56:44 PM

In my country not the long time ago some politics were saying that we are just a step before we would ban Bitcoin in the area of our country, so I'm seriously thinking about moving into another country. Because all I have cryptocurrency gave me.
But for me it will be just matter of time, most of countries which are smart enough will accept crypto and other countries will follow that trend, for me this is just matter of some years till most of countries will accept crypto.

Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:15:54 PM

Although I don't know the specific country you are talking about, I do hope the government in your country revert the ban on crypto or bitcoins. Every ban on crypto in any part of the world is always a negative news for cryptocurrencies globally. But I think it might be difficult for them to completely crackdown on cryptos. But if they actually succeed with the internet, then it will be all over for the crypto lovers in your country, as cryptos cannot exist without the internet service.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:03:13 AM

Are from vietnam? Anyway, every country has their own regulations for cryptocurrency. In my country there is no restrictions to trade it although people only may to buy goods by national currency, even usd is prohibited for it. I still can convert my bitcoin into fiat easily, there is no problem with it.

t3ChNo

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:26:28 AM

Are from vietnam? Anyway, every country has their own regulations for cryptocurrency. In my country there is no restrictions to trade it although people only may to buy goods by national currency, even usd is prohibited for it. I still can convert my bitcoin into fiat easily, there is no problem with it.

Same in my country. I can convert my BTC & ETH to fiat easily. More countries & companies are interested with the blockchain technology and not the coins.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:15:54 AM

In my country, the government is gradually apply internet and cryptocurrency control decrees. Previously, they banned direct Bitcoin transactions. Currently, they are banning crypto-related bank transfers. And of course, ICOS is also gradually banned .
Initially, they said they would not ban crypto and bitcoin. But now their actions show that they do not want crypto to exist.
Is their purpose not to secure crypto investors? They are trying to make it their own
And when the internet management program took place in my country, maybe I could not come up here to share my views like this. So sad

Would have been much better if you mentioned the country you’re talking about. Anyway, no matter the actions they decide to take today, I don’t thunk that will prevent you from making use of the bitcointalk forum. And I believe that no matter what your government do today,  there will still be a way for you to invest in bitcoin and make money out of it, you just have to ask those that does it and learn from them.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:56:02 AM

Some of the administration prohibits cryptocurrencies and that is a fact since a portion of the legislature in some nation are tolerating bitcoin and remembered it as a legitimate cash however a portion of the legislature additionally in some piece of the world restricted digital money since they would prefer not to hazard to the digital money.
radjie

Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:35:22 PM

actually the government wants to take part in the existence of this cryptocurrency, but as we know cryptocurrency can not be fully regulated by the government because of its decentralized nature so that the use of cryptocurrency can not be completely controlled by the government and fear can be misused for negative activities such as committing crimes that can easily hide identity.
but if most governments can look at the positive side of cryptocurrency, it can certainly be beneficial because with the existence of cryptocurrency in each country can help increase the value of the existing currency exchange
Bang El

Activity: 254
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:41:32 PM

most likely the government of your country is afraid if later your country's currency is not much used again by the community,Or maybe your country's government is planning to make its own crypto currency, so for that they prohibit other currencies of crypto and bitcoin in your country,

pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:44:05 AM

They can ban cryptocurrencies involvement with the real world but they cannot stop your use of it. There is no way they can control your use of it for transactions etc. It sucks they're doing this but there's also a limitation on how much they can do.

Why did they ban some cryptocurrencies?
We really don't know the reason why..

Cryptocurrency has a big role to our economy. Alots of people engage to this so that they can have money. I can't sometimes understand the principle of government.
Yeah brother we all know crypto currency has a big role in development of economy of a country but these politicians are prioritizing their own benefits over that of country. They don’t want their country to get established and become a member of list of countries that would be strong in future as they will have good participation in crypto market. Because future is all about crypto.
katri

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:55:11 PM

Because bitcoin is decentralized government is afraid of what it brings to their citizen. I am glad that my country don't think this way. There are proposed exchanges and ico being approved to operate in my county. I hope this will continue to grow until it gradually accepted by all people.
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:47:06 AM

They can ban cryptocurrencies involvement with the real world but they cannot stop your use of it. There is no way they can control your use of it for transactions etc. It sucks they're doing this but there's also a limitation on how much they can do.

Why did they ban some cryptocurrencies?
We really don't know the reason why..

Cryptocurrency has a big role to our economy. Alots of people engage to this so that they can have money. I can't sometimes understand the principle of government.

There are many reasons why a government ban or prohibit cryptocurrency. Mostly they are afraid they cant control it, and may possibly  drive out money from their country. Also, it is used for fraud and with not enough regulation, many will lose their hard earn money. But still, cryptocurrency popularity and uses is unstoppable.
In addition, they have other motives like acting like a parent to the masses who do not understand everything and the government just forbids them to use something that is not good like parents do to their children. Besides, the growing scale of crime and money transaction that is done via Bitcoin for such crimes can also be controlled by banning Bitcoin is what the government thinks.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:53:03 AM

Of course the government does that in several countries, but still it doesn’t stop you from making use of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. There are lots of ways you can by pass their restrictions and buy and sell Bitcoin without having any problem with the government.

You can buy direct from the black market and also sell to them when it’s time to sell. Some people usually does that, and don’t go to exchanger for the buying and selling.
beezunus

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

there are currently some countries that prohibit crypto currency entry in the country, should the government also have to see from the positive side that crypto can help to improve the finances of its users so they have a better life, and I think the government can not control the crypto currency, although they restrict the internet network but there is always a way to access it
calya

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

there are currently some countries that prohibit crypto currency entry in the country, should the government also have to see from the positive side that crypto can help to improve the finances of its users so they have a better life, and I think the government can not control the crypto currency, although they restrict the internet network but there is always a way to access it
i think goverment never think about positive impact of bitcoin or cryptocurrency.they just think about control and regulate this world.so they get taxes from it.
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:02:38 PM

Forbidding cryptocurrency is like stopping the advancement of technology. And if your country is prohibiting the trade or use of crypto then you will be left out in the technology race. That's what i call an overprotective government.

I think There's no way they can control your usage for transactions etc. It sucks them doing this but there are also limitations on how much they can do.
Indeed, they can prohibit the involvement of cryptocurrency with the real world but they can not stop its use.
iASIC

Activity: 308

AMA BCT

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:18:55 PM

Forbidding cryptocurrency is like stopping the advancement of technology. And if your country is prohibiting the trade or use of crypto then you will be left out in the technology race. That's what i call an overprotective government.

I think There's no way they can control your usage for transactions etc. It sucks them doing this but there are also limitations on how much they can do.
Indeed, they can prohibit the involvement of cryptocurrency with the real world but they can not stop its use.
When the government banned electronic money, they probably wanted to protect their control more than it was because of Bitcoin's features. People will have to continue using the bank and the risk can happen at any time with their money. At the same time, personal information is also more easily presented in front of their eyes.
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:19:05 AM

If they will insist of banning cryptocurrency in that country then you as a bitcoin enthusiast must do something like opposing this action by means of social media with the groups of investors who also be affected by it.. Revolution is one way to push crypto to the world that’s the first option that this is build..

This oppression is also a human right violations or freedom to choose what is right for people been compromised.. But if this won’t change a thing then use Virtual Private Network(VPN) to hide from authority and the last option and must be think carefully is leaving that country behind..

We have the right to fight for our future. Bitcoin is one the reasons why we are enthusiast on social media right now. A lot will definitely benefits for this, not only bitcoin. And i can't really understand the reason why the government will have to forbid the abilities of cryptocurrencies to help the humankind. And I'm sure that some of the officials knows and somehow support crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: