Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:33:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired of getting Scam? Here's a Useful Tips for you to avoid Scam ICO's  (Read 113 times)
wbsteel123 (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:38:19 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 01:48:27 AM by wbsteel123

Nowadays, Many scam projects exists it is because lack of securities/regulations i think Bitcointalk should implement this Rules and Regulations nor KYC to all running ICO's before posting their projects start up for the sake of us investors, Bounty Managers, Community Hired Admins, as well as Bounty hunters who give their full efforts to promote the running projects either we can do Escrow basis implementation in behalf of Bitcointalk.

Feel free to comments this is only a Few Tips & experiences of mine to lessen Scam ICO's participations. Let us hear your Voice!

Useful Tips on how to avoid scam projects;
• You should better look their Website read each carefully thus the implementation of views, missions, and concepts of the project's is realistic.
• Look for the information that is real and should fit to their goals.
• Look on the Whitepaper for full information if you see lack of information that is need and seen not realistic.
• Look their Community and Social Links weither it is exists and running not fake.
• Look for transparency as well.
• Concised ideas and implementation
• Real acccounts and exists Team members on their different Socials.
• Running Activities and Should look if they Stick to their plans accordingly to the Roadmap & Whitepaper.
• Do your Own Research as well.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:51:51 AM

Implementing rules and regulations for upcoming icos are not in line with bitcointalk. I mean, both are individual entities, bitcointalk is here to let us discuss bitcoin and other crypto currency, and icos are just using bitcointalk as a medium to spread their word. Do you get it? Bitcointalk doesn't have control over those ico, if they turned out to be a scam it's not bitcointalk's fault.
wbsteel123 (OP)

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:11:57 AM

Implementing rules and regulations for upcoming icos are not in line with bitcointalk. I mean, both are individual entities, bitcointalk is here to let us discuss bitcoin and other crypto currency, and icos are just using bitcointalk as a medium to spread their word. Do you get it? Bitcointalk doesn't have control over those ico, if they turned out to be a scam it's not bitcointalk's fault.

Yeah i get it that's only my Suggestions & Opinions and besides i didn't meant it that it's Bitcointalk fault.
BTCwin1

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:21:48 AM

Then I think you should learn to use gtihub.
Most new ICO projects will open source code, so analyzing the code may allow you to avoid many fraudulent ICO projects.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 02:25:56 AM

Good tips, just what I do before joining in a bounty campaign. Seeing the whole part of the project from team,community,product,ideas, implementation,social activities and etc. Just what you said I do my own research as well. After i satisfied for the information then i will join

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:45:09 AM

Nowadays, Many scam projects exists it is because lack of securities/regulations i think Bitcointalk should implement this Rules and Regulations nor KYC to all running ICO's before posting their projects start up for the sake of us investors, Bounty Managers, Community Hired Admins, as well as Bounty hunters who give their full efforts to promote the running projects either we can do Escrow basis implementation in behalf of Bitcointalk.

Feel free to comments this is only a Few Tips & experiences of mine to lessen Scam ICO's participations. Let us hear your Voice!

Useful Tips on how to avoid scam projects;
• You should better look their Website read each carefully thus the implementation of views, missions, and concepts of the project's is realistic.
• Look for the information that is real and should fit to their goals.
• Look on the Whitepaper for full information if you see lack of information that is need and seen not realistic.
• Look their Community and Social Links weither it is exists and running not fake.
• Look for transparency as well.
• Concised ideas and implementation
• Real acccounts and exists Team members on their different Socials.
• Running Activities and Should look if they Stick to their plans accordingly to the Roadmap & Whitepaper.
• Do your Own Research as well.
No, you are asking the forum moderators to become an investigation agency in order to feel protected and that is not going to happen, moderators are not going to do that, in cryptocurrencies you are completely responsible for your money and your actions, so if you lose your money to scammers that is completely your fault and no one else, this may seem harsh but if we are asking to have full control over our money by using cryptocurrencies then we are 100% responsible as well for our losses.
lykakokelley123

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:27:36 AM

thanks for this useful tips to avoid getting scammed and waste some effort put into some ICO's bounty, i will noted all of this so i can always remember how to know a good project to invest with and participate in the bounty. and i will do also a few research regarding to the project of the different opinions of the members here in this forum if i found one
thanks again i really appreciate it
informattem

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:31:49 AM

We must realize that some of the ICO projects are scams, so we need to make these preparations before investing in ICO projects. • You should look more closely at their website to understand the authenticity and feasibility of the ICO project. Read the white paper carefully to see the complete information, view their community, social links to see if the project is really running, learn more about its work team, and then identify them based on these
5hoursaday

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 09:24:15 PM

Tired of hearing so many scam stories. I have never been scammed, and I do not hope to have that experience, but I keep feeling sorry for all those who have fallen prey for these scammers. Can't anything significant be done to eliminate these selfish bastards from this system? It will be a fresher space and safer place if this could be done. People do not deserve to be scammed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: