Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-activated power plug on the campground - possible?  (Read 666 times)
moses (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:48:09 PM

hey guys,

i want to make the following two things possible with bitcoin:

A - pay for energy on the campground (i´like to have a plug near to where the tent is set up that has a qr-code on it. 1 hour = 10 mbit)
B - pay for showers on the campground (instead of having to buy those special shower-coins)

how would one go about this? is there already something like this being build? i remember seeing a video of a guy who had a mobile gas station that worked with bitcoin.

for A there would have to be a device that listens to the blockchain and switches the plug on when a payment comes in. could this device be set up far away? how far away (because i wouldn´t want to install internet-connection on the entire campground.)
for B there would also have to be a device, but this one would have to be right there in order to switch water on and off, right? any plumbers around? Smiley

thanks for taking the time to read this and maybe give it a thought!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: