Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:57:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 [657] 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:16:21 AM

I am new to PoS, and I still don't fully understand how staking works, can someone explain to me?

I have some very basic question:
Minting start after funds has been in the wallet for more than 20 days?
What is exactly going on when minting?
What/who is verifying the transactions, is that the minting clients?
How is a block found?

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luuupooo

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:21:56 AM

!!1500 Follower on Twitter!!!
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:30:42 AM

I am new to PoS, and I still don't fully understand how staking works, can someone explain to me?

I have some very basic question:
Minting start after funds has been in the wallet for more than 20 days?
How is a block found?

Most of questions are answered here:
http://mintcoin.com/

Your computer CPU mines your interest coins. Interest is based on strict rules and are hardcoded in to your wallet. They appear as incoming transfer and need 50 conformations to be validated. Just like mined coins.

All verifying is done by Mintcoin global network. Basically by every client who runs mintcoin wallet. Amount of conformations needed is hardcoded in to wallets.

How is a block found?
Simply by searching it. Whichever wallet founds the block will report it to network to get verified. PoS block size will be determined based on how much interest coins are quoted up by the network.
Block will be divided among all applicants for this block.
And of course. All transaction coins are added to every block.
So as a result, blocks final sizes will be occasionaly very large.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
jakema

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:46:30 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 12:08:56 PM by jakema

for new people this is how to encrypt your mintcoin wallet (encrypting will not affect coin age)
but remember to unlock every 20 days to receive your fresh new mintcoins Grin

video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jglmkwlpyM&feature=youtube_gdata

step by step -
1. click settings
2. click encrypt wallet
3. type password (do not forget your password)
and its that easy

to unlock
1. click the unlock bar at bottom of wallet
2. type password

tip - when backing up your wallet back it up with the password on for extra security
tip - if you close your wallet with it unlocked it will automatically lock again
louie6925

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:50:34 AM

Realistically guys, where do you see mint coin going?

I've been holding mint for a while, for some reason I just can't sell, it feels wrong as for some reason I have massive faith in this coin! So I will continue to hold, tip and buy more.

Just wanting to ask any mint experts out there where you see this going, what can mint be worth and what's the likely hood? Be interested to hear from the more mint educated people of the community!
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 11:51:20 AM

for new people this is how to encrypt your mintcoin wallet
but remember to unlock every 20 days to receive your fresh new mintcoins Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jglmkwlpyM&feature=youtube_gdata

Does Mint-QT wallet support that you can specify another path for the wallet.dat?
It would be nice to place the wallet.dat on a encrypted drive/file container, to have two levels of encryption.

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 11:59:01 AM

Realistically guys, where do you see mint coin going?

I've been holding mint for a while, for some reason I just can't sell, it feels wrong as for some reason I have massive faith in this coin! So I will continue to hold, tip and buy more.

Just wanting to ask any mint experts out there where you see this going, what can mint be worth and what's the likely hood? Be interested to hear from the more mint educated people of the community!

I am not an expert, I have been trading alt for about 1/2 year.
Nevertheless here is my analysis:

I have studied the PoS coins closely the last week, and I see a tendency to shift towards the PoS coins, I think this has something to do with most coin holders have a background in mining, and lately the margin for mining is so low that is almost impossible to make a profit on mining + powerful scrypt ASIC miners is about to hit the market. For that reason is PoS a natural choice.
Therefor I would expect and increased demand for all PoS coins the next 1-6 month.

Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:18:01 PM

Bitcoin is still like a few weeks old baby in global financial system. What this makes Mintcoin? Like a newborn, who started breathing just a minute ago...
Its kind of early to ask "where mint is going?", but short term plans you can read in Mintcoin forum.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:53:10 PM

Therefor I would expect and increased demand for all PoS coins the next 1-6 month.
And since the potential of increase for Blackcoin will soon be over (you can only go that high), a "smaller coin" like the original mintcoin would make sense. Especially one the Mintcoin Fund will be registered (I am waiting for the receipt from the French administration - I should get it around the end of the week).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:57:22 PM

And since the potential of increase for Blackcoin will soon be over (you can only go that high), a "smaller coin" like the original mintcoin would make sense. Especially one the Mintcoin Fund will be registered (I am waiting for the receipt from the French administration - I should get it around the end of the week).

glad to hear that!  let us make mint a more useful coin than other coins.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:06:43 PM

Just got 'Full Stake' on the @FreeMintCoin Reserve Giveaway / Backup wallet - See: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,59.0.html

Grin

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:27:27 PM

I was actually thinking the same, but did not want to spread FUD (btw. I also have some BC in my portfolio).
But the if BC crashes hard (not saying it will), then will MINT to an obvious alternative to buy, and that could make the price go up.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Mintcoin - It's a bit like Robert Boyle's self-flowing flask !

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287qd4uI7-E

Uti possidetis - "as you PoSsess, thus may you PoSsess" or "may you continue to PoSsess such as you do PoSsess" + up to 20% extra free !  Cheesy

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
luuupooo

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:49:28 PM

Do you think POS Coins will overtake the market in the next weeks?
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:51:09 PM

Next weeks?  No way:). Let's deal in months at least if not years.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:54:49 PM

Next weeks?  No way:). Let's deal in months at least if not years.

But I think PoS is very good idea for "altcoins" as some of them are traded only by few people, PoS is only way to keep blockchain safe. Isn't?
ficklepickle

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:56:46 PM

Posting official documentation on the mintcoin.cc page as well as photos of the devs would make it look more professional imho. 

mine4cash

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:57:58 PM

Dear Community,need your help..

My name is Max,I live in Republic of Moldova.I'm 24 years old.A couple of months ago I've started to be interested in mining.I have made a farm with 3 video cards(SAPPHIRE  R9 270X 2GB GDDR5) about 1.4 MH/s.Well,everything went well since a couple a days ago..My little brother(aged 20) was involved in kinda drugdealer(he was selling drugs).I know this is sh**ty kind of "business" i have told him a f*ckin thousand times that it is very dangerous and slicky thing.Well this happened,he was caught by cops,little dumbass,in his bag they found amphetamines,couple of extasy and marijuana.And by now he sits in jail until the criminal investigation is running.I sold my farm,my car in order to earn some money to pull him out there(as the majority of you should know that in this corrupted countries all of the cops,lawyers and prosecutors can be bought but with a lot of money).Our mother(dad has left us long time ago) is depressed,she don't know what to do and so on.Well we earned as many money as we could by selling everything that has some value.I am beggin' the community to help me in this kind of situation to help my little stupid brother,in order to donate some satoshi's as much as you can....

I understand it sounds like a fake or something but believe me it's not...It all depends on you if you believe or not..I don't know what else to do just try to request the community to donate as much as you can...Thank you for your attention and I hope that together we can help each other...

My bitcoin wallet : 19QSLfMQtUDto1kxNyKdKxpVumxwGYfPDC

Thank you one more time !!!

P.S. sory for my English.

Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Dear Community,need your help..

My name is Max,I live in Republic of Moldova.I'm 24 years old.A couple of months ago I've started to be interested in mining.I have made a farm with 3 video cards(SAPPHIRE  R9 270X 2GB GDDR5) about 1.4 MH/s.Well,everything went well since a couple a days ago..My little brother(aged 20) was involved in kinda drugdealer(he was selling drugs).I know this is sh**ty kind of "business" i have told him a f*ckin thousand times that it is very dangerous and slicky thing.Well this happened,he was caught by cops,little dumbass,in his bag they found amphetamines,couple of extasy and marijuana.And by now he sits in jail until the criminal investigation is running.I sold my farm,my car in order to earn some money to pull him out there(as the majority of you should know that in this corrupted countries all of the cops,lawyers and prosecutors can be bought but with a lot of money).Our mother(dad has left us long time ago) is depressed,she don't know what to do and so on.Well we earned as many money as we could by selling everything that has some value.I am beggin' the community to help me in this kind of situation to help my little stupid brother,in order to donate some satoshi's as much as you can....

I understand it sounds like a fake or something but believe me it's not...It all depends on you if you believe or not..I don't know what else to do just try to request the community to donate as much as you can...Thank you for your attention and I hope that together we can help each other...

My bitcoin wallet : 19QSLfMQtUDto1kxNyKdKxpVumxwGYfPDC

Thank you one more time !!!

P.S. sory for my English.

Sorry but without proof we could never believe you. There are LOTS of scammers on here, all with a similar story, ultimately asking for money. I am sorry to hear about what happened to your brother, but he committed a criminal offence, knowing it was illegal and it sounds to me like you are asking us to donate money to you so you can pay the judges and cops off, which is asking us to support corruption, which is also illegal. My best advice would be for you and your brother to stop breaking the law. If you get caught trying to bribe a judge or police officer and the judge/officer is 'clean' (doesn't take bribes) then you could also end up going to jail.
dille71

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:15:16 PM

Mintcoin looks surprisingly good!
Top 10% in market cap, top 10% in trading volume and #33 of 221 in 24h change @coinmarketcap.
Very stable and sound in these hyped times

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
Pages: « 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 [657] 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: