Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 [673] 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:39:22 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 03:51:51 AM by moderndezigns

Beaver, you have it backwards lol. Coinkite is going to make all the money by processing payments. They are charging you so they can make double money it's absurd lol.

Can you think of an alternative service of comparable significance, which is available by other means? Coinkite enables any retailer to accept BTC, LTC and soon BC as a payment method. Being the next coin alongside BTC and LTC on their service could be very, very beneficial to MINT if coinkite took off.

I think it would be cool to have a Mintcoin debit card. If bought in bulk the cards can be rebranded. I could even give some as reusable giftcards during the holidays to friends and family unfamiliar with cryptos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whoshero

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:50:08 AM

Coinkite is the first in a line of competitive companies trying to do the same thing. 25 BTC is a lot to ask to be considered, and I don't like "gambling" my Mint to see if we can reach their arbitrary goal in 11 days.

That being said, it's the only kid on the block right now, and early adoption could mean long-term establishment for Mintcoin. So I sent a measly 25000 Mint in the hope that the community can convince the Coinkite folks this is worth adding simply by showing support in large numbers, rather than large BTC amounts. Hopefully, bribes aren't the only language that talks.

Maybe the MINT whales will see this as a money making opportunity and pad the wallet address.

Even if we don't get on Coinkite now, there will be a competitor in the future we may have a better shot at due to android apps and such.

I didn't even know this existed until just a moment ago. If we donate 25 BTC worth will they add us?

I have just sent the following email to CoinKite in hopes that I can convince them to extend the deadline for this. I TRULY believe this is something that HAS to happen to Mintcoin. A while back I asked Zinc Save to include us in their payment system and they required a $12,000.00 USD commitment from us to do the same thing. We all know that it cost money to have programmers write the code needed for such things, and this is a VERY BIG THING if we can pull it off.

Here's the email I sent:

Hello,

My name is Ken Clark (Beaverslayer on the net) and I live in Calgary. I am one of the people working with the developer of Mintcoin to promote and gain its acceptance in the altcoin community. We have spent a lot of time and effort getting Mint to where it is right now, and will be continually striving to have Mint more widely accepted throughout the world.

Mintcoin is presently applying to have "The Mintcoin Fund" registered as an NGO in the country of France. Once the application is accepted and status granted, The Mintcoin Fund will then begin to implement it's support of energy efficiency and other projects such as the reforestation of Sonoma California Redwoods. We are hoping to be able to announce all this on Earth Day...fingers are crossed all the paper work was in order.

Anyways, I have recently been made aware about the competition so to speak of having altcoins included into your platform via having the community donate their coins to your company. I see that Blackcoin actually won this competition on April 9th. On the web page, it says that should any of the other coins raise the 25BTC by May 1st, that you would then consider implementing them as well.

Well, here's my request, and I truly hope that your company accepts. I have been spreading the word about this since I first saw it this morning. Everyone else in Mintcoin has just found out about this as well. So far just this morning there has been over 1.6 Million Mint already sent to the address listed, and I am going to continue to convince people to send some coins your way.

I would respectfully ask, that your company consider extending the deadline if at all possible. This would make it a much more feasible time frame for us to raise the needed Mint to have our coin included as well. I know that should Mintcoin be implemented into the CoinKite system, it would not only increase the value of Mintcoin, but would also be an added value to CoinKite.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this, if there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Ken Clark
The Mintcoin Team

Either way, I think everyone should at least send some Mint to the address to show how much we support OUR coin.
It would only be fair to extend the deadline considering Mint was only added to the list today whereas these other coins have been on there for much, much longer.
I will donate if we can get confirmation that MINT would also be added and developed. If someone can provide definitive proof that they will also add MINT by ~June 1 if the goal is reached. Has anyone been able to get in contact with CoinKite? The way it looks right now it is unclear about it even if the goal is reached if MINT will be added.

I sent 26000 Mint.
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:58:05 AM

Dude what they are offering doesn't change the fact that it's a sleazy ass bribe and the fact they are trying to say 25% will go to charity makes it painfully obvious that they are doing something shady and basically trying to put lipstick on a pig. No thanks I am not taking part in this, crypto has a bad enough reputation already.

I have been as respectful as possible in my quest to promote Mintcoin to as many people, businesses and services since finding Mintcoin on day two of its existence. I have spent countless hours typing emails, explaining the way Mintcoin works to new users and also explaining to retailers and such the benefits of accepting not only Mintcoin but any crypto currency as an alternative payment method.

I am now going to apologize to the Mintcoin community beforehand, as this is something I would not do without probable cause....

You, Mr. dogechode, are one sorry piece of work. It is people like you that ARE NOT A TEAM OR COMMUNITY PERSON....Fine, you don't like the idea of how REAL business works in the REAL world....great, then DO NOT PARTAKE in the real world business. Head back to your Dogecoin community, we here at Mintcoin are going to move forward just fine without people like you constantly trying to pull us down.

It makes me sick to constantly see posts such as what you posted....no respect whatsoever...on a daily basis...this is what's wrong with the crypto world...people like you coming along and showing new people nothing but FUD. If you don't want to donate....fine...

Try some common courtesy when posting, others will then respect what you have to say....calling someone Dude, is a childish way of starting a post if you want the person to actually listen to what you have to say, and seeing as you have not gained my respect, I don't care if i ever earn yours.

Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:00:01 AM

I sent 26000 Mint.

Thank you for stepping up and helping to make this happen, it's people like you and the others that have donated that really make me proud of this community and this coin.
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:12:09 AM

I don't like the idea of having to send money to those guys. However, I think the advantage to MINT exceeds the price we have to pay to get in with Coinkite. MINT will definitely benefit from having Coinkite and this other PoS (Point of Sale). This is what will make MINT a viable currency and will cause a surge in price and value like no tomorrow.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:12:34 AM

Coinkite created a way to link retail customers with Bitcoin. They are but one of the first of what is sure to be a quickly evolving market.

Coinkite will make money by charging fees to retailers per transaction, and/or leasing of equipment, extra/premium services etc. (It will be up to the retailer if they want to "charge back" those fees to the customer by raising their prices or requiring a "Point of sale" fee, or basically, an ATM/Credit card type fee, but the BTC fees SHOULD be much lower than VISA fees, for example.)

So, Coinkite will get rich from linking consumers and sellers. That is where they make money. Just like a bank/credit card company, but without that pesky interest problem.

So should Coinkite charge alt-currency users to get their currency adopted? Of course not. That is ludicrous. it is like VISA telling China it's citizens all have to give it a few bucks or they don't get to use VISA. They are sketchy as hell for even trying it, and are sure to continue screwing customers in the future with retarded fees and such, just like every other company who is trying to make money off of Bitcoin. This is all about making money, not being super duper nice to each other all the time.

I, for one, don't care enough about the shady-ness to suggest shrugging off Coinkite. I likely won't be USING Coinkite, I just want to see MINTCOIN being used by teenagers at the local gas station to buy candy bars and nudie mags. Combine this with phone wallets, and you get adoption. Adoption equals value.

Again, giving them your money is like bidding on a promising gold claim, except you don't get to keep your money if you lose. That is why I would not give away more than a small bit of my coin stash in hopes that they see some donations, take a good look at the coin, and begin to see the coin as a valuable commodity to be traded with, thus making them lots of money in the mid to long term. They know that they can't make any money without accepting coins, so this is a real possibility.

Don't give them a bunch of your coins. Give them a few (if you are gong to give them any at all) to show you "voted". That is what counts; the support and community numbers. If they can't see that, you KNOW the competition eventually will.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
jakema

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:31:12 AM

it does seam a bit sketchy to me, but in saying that if this site is for real then this would be a smart investment from the mintcoin community, this would increase value of mint in no time plus spread the word that mintcoin is going strong and progressing every day, i will help out and send what i can but i cant afford much im not even in the top 500 so we need some more help from those guys.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:32:14 AM

Sorta thinking outside the box right now, but is there a business infrastructure, a simple one that can bypass Coinkite?

Can an Android app be made that a retailer or merchant at the point of sale can use to enter the price of a latte into the smart device, then it will query Vault of Satoshi's exchange for the exchange rate, then list a price in MINT with a QR code?

Sorta, like a quick combined app. There will be a retailer version for retailers to sell things. There will also be a buyer or consumer's version of the app where it will replicate whatever Coinkite does with their transactions and the PIN for security?
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:33:30 AM

I don't like the idea of having to send money to those guys. However, I think the advantage to MINT exceeds the price we have to pay to get in with Coinkite. MINT will definitely benefit from having Coinkite and this other PoS (Point of Sale). This is what will make MINT a viable currency and will cause a surge in price and value like no tomorrow.

I can understand you don't like the idea of sending coins to CoinKite, but you yourself have asked this community to send you BTC to create an advertising campaign for Mintcoin, can you explain the difference to me and the others?

As you well know, there is a cost associated with developing anything viable, and the money to pay those costs has to come from somewhere. Just look at the world of big business, Apple, IBM, Microsoft all big business asks the people wanting to invest into their business plan through stock offerings. Yes, if you buy stock in any of these businesses, you reap dividends from profits of the company, Mintcoins dividends will come from the increase in value of a Mintcoin by having a system in place that will greatly increase the viability of accepting Mintcoin at any retail outlet.

CoinKite just wants reassurances from a coins community that they are truly behind their coin and are going to actually use their service should it be implemented. No company would spend the time nor money to create something knowing that there was no desire for the service or good created.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:36:28 AM

Coinkite created a way to link retail customers with Bitcoin. They are but one of the first of what is sure to be a quickly evolving market.

Coinkite will make money by charging fees to retailers per transaction, and/or leasing of equipment, extra/premium services etc. (It will be up to the retailer if they want to "charge back" those fees to the customer by raising their prices or requiring a "Point of sale" fee, or basically, an ATM/Credit card type fee, but the BTC fees SHOULD be much lower than VISA fees, for example.)

So, Coinkite will get rich from linking consumers and sellers. That is where they make money. Just like a bank/credit card company, but without that pesky interest problem.

So should Coinkite charge alt-currency users to get their currency adopted? Of course not. That is ludicrous. it is like VISA telling China it's citizens all have to give it a few bucks or they don't get to use VISA. They are sketchy as hell for even trying it, and are sure to continue screwing customers in the future with retarded fees and such, just like every other company who is trying to make money off of Bitcoin. This is all about making money, not being super duper nice to each other all the time.

I, for one, don't care enough about the shady-ness to suggest shrugging off Coinkite. I likely won't be USING Coinkite, I just want to see MINTCOIN being used by teenagers at the local gas station to buy candy bars and nudie mags. Combine this with phone wallets, and you get adoption. Adoption equals value.

Again, giving them your money is like bidding on a promising gold claim, except you don't get to keep your money if you lose. That is why I would not give away more than a small bit of my coin stash in hopes that they see some donations, take a good look at the coin, and begin to see the coin as a valuable commodity to be traded with, thus making them lots of money in the mid to long term. They know that they can't make any money without accepting coins, so this is a real possibility.

Don't give them a bunch of your coins. Give them a few (if you are gong to give them any at all) to show you "voted". That is what counts; the support and community numbers. If they can't see that, you KNOW the competition eventually will.

Could you maybe explain to me as well as the others just how you envision that teenager buying that nudie magazine at the local gas station with his Mintcoins, if there is nothing easily provided for them to do so? This will give then the opportunity to buy that magazine as well as the chocolate bar, and also give the owner of the gas station a secure and viable way of accepting them.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:42:44 AM

Sorta thinking outside the box right now, but is there a business infrastructure, a simple one that can bypass Coinkite?

Can an Android app be made that a retailer or merchant at the point of sale can use to enter the price of a latte into the smart device, then it will query Vault of Satoshi's exchange for the exchange rate, then list a price in MINT with a QR code?

Sorta, like a quick combined app. There will be a retailer version for retailers to sell things. There will also be a buyer or consumer's version of the app where it will replicate whatever Coinkite does with their transactions and the PIN for security?

I have scoured the internet looking for such a thing. I found Zinc Save, but they as well stated that they would need a $12,000.00 USD commitment from the community to develop and implement it.

Moolah has a good platform, but their storefront is far from what CoinKite offers, and I don't think their DigiPay is complete yet.

CoinKite has developed the hardware and software that a user can use a debit card for transactions, I don't think there is anyone else out there that has this type of service. We have the chance to be in on the ground floor of something that in the years to come will be common amongst the altcoin world, why do we want to wait until something else comes along?
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:50:15 AM

Beaver, you have it backwards lol. Coinkite is going to make all the money by processing payments. They are charging you so they can make double money it's absurd lol.

I do not have it backwards in any way shape or form. Yes CoinKite will make money through the services they provide to retailers...over many years...

I challenge you or any other doubters to go online, find a company that is in the business of developing software/hardware to implement any service for businesses. Ask them if they will spend the time and money to develop specific software and hardware, then test such to be sure it's workable....for FREE....in the hopes that in the future they can make some money off of it.

Even the post a page back about the Android wallet from roxio.io, have a look at their website, they charge a minimum $10,000.00 USD to develop a crypto coin exchange for anyone that's interested. These are not BRIBES, it is the Cost of doing Business....simple as that.

I don't like the idea of giving Mint to coinkite either, all they would have to do though is state their target and what they have received so far, then you would know the money isn't just disappearing into a black hole.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:59:30 AM

Could you maybe explain to me as well as the others just how you envision that teenager buying that nudie magazine at the local gas station with his Mintcoins, if there is nothing easily provided for them to do so? This will give then the opportunity to buy that magazine as well as the chocolate bar, and also give the owner of the gas station a secure and viable way of accepting them.

I know. That is why I sent coins. It is a DEBIT card for Bitcoin/Alt-coins. You will be paying a fee for the "service" of somebody developing the hardware and software attached to it. That will be sold to merchants. The merchants will then be charged fees for using the service. So will the customers. WE WILL BE PAYING THEM TO USE THE SERVICE. So asking us to pay them so they will use our coin to get rich is dumb. That is like paying someone to buy my art so they can turn around and use it for their own gain.

This will no longer be necessary with widespread adoption of a standard wallet app for Android/Iphone in the future (? years), as retailers will be able to scan your wallet from your phone/RFID chip in your ass/eyescan whatever. POS cards will likely be unnecessary in most fully integrated countries.

But, like I said, there will be that beginning market with this kind of stuff, and it will make many millions before it dies.

Anyway you cut it, giving your coins to them is risky, because there is no guarantee they will take the coin. It would be VERY EASY for them to send back all the coins to their respective wallets if MINTCOIN was not accepted, but you don't see them offering to do that.....this tells me they meant to make money from the "coin list" idea. Remember, they NEED NEW COINS to quickly reach new demographics and make their product more versatile and attractive. The NEXT COMPANY THAT DOES THIS will be trying to get every other coin on board, so COINKITE KNOWS it has to get the good ones signed up NOW if they want the fees from all those tasty transactions. So don't go giving away to them what you can sell, which is the value of MINTCOIN and a profit bearing commodity.

So the only reason to send coins is because you don't much care about the above ethics, and would just like to see this shit get done ASAP so we can watch adoption rise this summer, like me. Everyone is trying to get rich right now, and it costs coins to do it. Some are more up front about it than others. Coinkite is just whitewashing the same bullshit everyone else is selling, but at least they got a product to make the bullshit worth overlooking.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:19:32 AM

I think it's important to hit the ground running we cant just stand by and talk about what if.. As a business owner I think these machines are great for wide spread adoption. They are already in several different locations throughout the world and to be one of only a few accepted coins alongside Bitcoin is a pretty big deal. We could even send Mintcoin stickers or other items to these businesses to help advertise that Mintcoin is accepted at those locations. I like the idea of Mintcoin debit cards and I'm happy with the research and effort Beaverslayer has put into this. I've already cast my vote for it by sending some coins and if nothing comes of it at least I can say I tried. I also know that it may still not be enough for some people so please do your own research and if and when you feel comfortable please help support The Mintcoin Community in anyway you can be it through donation to have services added or just helping promote Mintcoin in other ways. Everything helps and we need to work together to succeed
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:34:03 AM

This is a lot like the gold rush, when "gold to cash" or "gold to goods" services were offered at exorbitant prices by a handful of traveling/connected merchants. Mining camps bid for the rights to "first service" of new equipment and news, knowing that the guy who got the drop on the others usually made out best. The people who mine for coins know this, and now all the traders wanting to see prices rise on their coins due to new adoption are finding it out as well.

Usually, the merchant has to sell to the customer. Occasionally, when demand is huge, customers have to bid to merchants. This is not a good place to be as a customer, so it is best to look at what the merchants are doing and figure out how to make money off of it.

This is a pretty darn active "Mining camp", and I would not be surprised in the least if it attracted the eyes of the merchants and financial services/money-handlers, who will all want a piece of this action.

I would not put all my BTC in MINT unless I was very confident it must rise in value under current conditions. I do not know how well COINKITE will do in the short, mid or long term, but as long as their system was well tested, secure and reliable, they could bring widespread visibility amongst early adopters of this kind of technology. I don't think it will make MINTCOIN go to the moon on its own, but it will help if there is an incentive in the future to use MINTCOIN instead of USD/DEBIT/CREDIT, and that incentive will be LOWER FEES/NO BANK INVOLVED.

Future competitors will offer even lower fees in hopes of undercutting CoinKite, and that will be good for everyone else.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:05:15 AM

This is a lot like the gold rush, when "gold to cash" or "gold to goods" services were offered at exorbitant prices by a handful of traveling/connected merchants. Mining camps bid for the rights to "first service" of new equipment and news, knowing that the guy who got the drop on the others usually made out best. The people who mine for coins know this, and now all the traders wanting to see prices rise on their coins due to new adoption are finding it out as well.

Usually, the merchant has to sell to the customer. Occasionally, when demand is huge, customers have to bid to merchants. This is not a good place to be as a customer, so it is best to look at what the merchants are doing and figure out how to make money off of it.

This is a pretty darn active "Mining camp", and I would not be surprised in the least if it attracted the eyes of the merchants and financial services/money-handlers, who will all want a piece of this action.

I would not put all my BTC in MINT unless I was very confident it must rise in value under current conditions. I do not know how well COINKITE will do in the short, mid or long term, but as long as their system was well tested, secure and reliable, they could bring widespread visibility amongst early adopters of this kind of technology. I don't think it will make MINTCOIN go to the moon on its own, but it will help if there is an incentive in the future to use MINTCOIN instead of USD/DEBIT/CREDIT, and that incentive will be LOWER FEES/NO BANK INVOLVED.

Future competitors will offer even lower fees in hopes of undercutting CoinKite, and that will be good for everyone else.

I understand your thinking on this, but we also have to take into consideration that there are well over 250 different altcoins out there, some have been around for a lot longer than Mintcoin, others not as long. Lets take Blackcoin for example, (and this is in no way meant to promote any other coin, just an example) they are younger than Mintcoin, but have already been accepted by CoinKite and will have their own debit card before Mintcoin does. They will also be able to sell a retailer on the ease of implementing Blackcoin into their daily sales by using the CoinKite system.

This as I have described above, is what merchants are looking for, something that they are already using that they understand and don't have to train employees on the use of it. This is something that makes our job of convincing new retailers to accept Mintcoin a whole lot easier. Yes, this is the Wild West days of altcoins, and also a bit like the gold rush days as well. But we all know from the history of those days, that it was the early adapters of the newest technologies were the ones that made it and became the leading forces of those times. The ones that just kept using a gold pan and never invested in a sluice box just barely survived and went home just as poor as the day they showed up.

To rely on someone else to choose Mintcoin over one of the hundreds of other coins out there in the hopes that one day Mintcoin gets chosen to be included into such a system is the wrong way to look at it. We have to step forward and show these people that Mintcoin is by far the better choice, we have to take charge of our own destiny and not rely on others to choose it for us.....simple as that.

How long do you all want to wait for some other payment processor to come along and develop what is already there, and then decide that Mintcoin is going to be included in their system? The longer we wait, the longer it is before this will happen, if it ever does.

WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:32:27 AM

Another thought on this Coinkite topic:

Coinkite will act like a Bitcoin bank. Bitcoin was designed to avoid this, but the tech to do so is not yet installed (android/mobile wallet device-to-register apps). It is coming very soon, but is not installed. Will you want to adopt "bank-like" ways of using the currency in the meantime, or just wait it out?

On their website, under the Security FAQ, there is nothing there that tells me they could not "disappear" coins if they wanted to, just like Mt. Gox. If the wallet.dat is on THEIR hard drive, they have you by the balls, bottom line. I am not suggesting that is what they will do, but I have seen so much shady shit go down in the last 5 months that it is a valid point to address every single time you are hovering over the "Send" button on your wallet.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:02:56 AM

Another thought on this Coinkite topic:

Coinkite will act like a Bitcoin bank. Bitcoin was designed to avoid this, but the tech to do so is not yet installed (android/mobile wallet device-to-register apps). It is coming very soon, but is not installed. Will you want to adopt "bank-like" ways of using the currency in the meantime, or just wait it out?

On their website, under the Security FAQ, there is nothing there that tells me they could not "disappear" coins if they wanted to, just like Mt. Gox. If the wallet.dat is on THEIR hard drive, they have you by the balls, bottom line. I am not suggesting that is what they will do, but I have seen so much shady shit go down in the last 5 months that it is a valid point to address every single time you are hovering over the "Send" button on your wallet.

The scenario you put forward here is one that is possible with pretty much any service that has anything to do with crypto currencies. Whether it be Cryptsy, Mintpal, or any of the other exchanges that hold thousands of BTC as well as altcoins that have not yet traded. Until more governments start to regulate the way things are done regarding cryptos, we are all at the mercy of the companies we entrust our coins to. I know and understand Satoshis ideas behind Bitcoin and deregulation, but as we have all seen, this is proving to be unavoidable. There has to be checks and balances put in place to deter things like Mt Gox and the others from just up and stealing from crypto enthusiasts.

Mintpal for example has nothing listed under their Security section to convince you that they would never abscond with all the BTC and other altcoins held in their trust, we just blindly let them hold them and hope that all will be good. The same goes with mining pools, we have seen them as well just shut down and keep everything that was not auto withdrawn. I just lost over 7500 DGB coins last week because hash.so multi pool did exactly this very thing, others lost many other coins as well. But this has not deterred me from still  mining, I hope I can trust the pool I mine in now.

We all saw the same thing happen on Christmas day last year with Dogecoin, until there is regulations put in place, and all players in the crypto world who are entrusted with our coins, we all have to live with the fact that this is just the way it is, but we at some point also have to put our trust in someone that provides such services and move forward or we just sit and wait for someone to come looking for us through the over 250 other coins already out there....we will get lost in the crowd...no doubt about it.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:13:44 AM

All I ask is some verification that CoinKite will indeed add Mintcoin if the said funds are raised. If they say yes, without a doubt, MINT will be a go and priority development, then I'm sure the money needed to make it happen will come in. We all want to see Mintcoin grow and be adopted more. All some of us are asking for is assurance of development. In the meantime, I'll be helping out by buying more coins and helping to raise the price...that way less contributions will be needed.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
Stockcoin

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:09:05 AM

Regarding the CoinKite issue and whether or not it is "Sketchy" or is a "Scam" or some weird way of doing business in the crypto world. If you don't already know, CoinKite is a Canadian registered business the same as Vault of Satoshi and therefore is REGULATED by the Canadian Government the same way that a bank in Canada is regulated.

CoinKite already has been providing there POS terminals to retailers all over the World for some time now and accepting Bitcoin and Litecoin as payment for goods and services. CoinKite DOES NOT NEED MINTCOIN, MINTCOIN NEEDS COINKITE.

The reasoning behind them asking coin communities to donate coins to them, has nothing, I Repeat Nothing, to do with bribing them, it has everything to do with the coins community proving to them that there is a viable, strong and dedicated community behind any coin they do decide to include in their service. The cost associated with writing the code and testing it so that it will work flawlessly on their system has to be paid for somehow, and they are asking for the coins help in doing this.

We as a community have already banded together and raised Mintcoin for the development of an Android wallet, and those Mintcoins will be payed out to the person or persons that does this, there is no difference from this, or donating to CoinKite.
The 25% or more that is not used for development is then given to a charity of their choice...WIN WIN situation here.

The argument I read about Visa asking their users to give them money to develop a credit card system is lame at best. In the early days, way back then, the people that created the idea of credit cards for consumers would have asked "Investors" to give them money to develop the framework and such for Visa to be brought to fruition. Yes, Visa would have most likely have given them future stock options or such, with CoinKite, Mintcoin as a community investor, would reap the GREAT benefits of this service as our future stock options.

Think of why the Blackcoin community or some of the bagholders donated the large sum of BC to get onto CoinKite. Do you actually think they did it just to help pump their coin? Of course they did not, they did it because they realize the importance of having such a service backing their coin.

The Mintcoin community has got to really start coming together and working together to get things like this a part of Mintcoin, just sitting around waiting and asking why the price hasn't gone up in over a month, is not the way to increase the value of Mintcoin, or any other coin for that matter. The developer of Mintcoin has shown he is dedicated to Mintcoin by getting Mintcoin accepted on over 20 exchanges and 30 retail goods/services providers. I myself did quite a bit of work on getting Mintcoin onto the Moolah platform. We cannot, as a community just sit back and wait for the next person to take charge, we have to work together, as a team, as a COMMUNITY.

Just go have a look at what Dogecoin has done through their community, they have done wonders, and EVERY ONE of the things they have done, has grown their community and raised their value. I can just imagine when their NASCAR car hits the track just how widespread Dogecoin will be. You do realize just how BIG NASCAR is in the USA....right? This is what a community does to help their cause along.

I have contacted them via email, as shown in the previously posted message, but it is Good Friday today and this is a holiday here in Canada, so I don't suspect I will hear back from then until Monday or Tuesday.

I'm not asking for you to send 10 Million Mintcoins to them, unless the need strikes you too, send what you can, help the community attain the things that will make OUR coin grow.

Mintcoin has been GIVING you new coins since going pure PoS, maybe it's time to give some of them back to Mintcoin.

Thank you for the time it took you all to read this post, it is appreciated.

Well said!

Getting on Coinkite seems like a great step in the process towards acceptance of MINT as a currency! There are many other altcoins out there, but if we show them that that we are a strong community where many are willing to spend their MINTS, we will differentiate us from the them. After all, currencies are not currencies if not spent (and payment processors and business make money when we spend MINTs), right?
Pages: « 1 ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 [673] 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: