Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:49:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 [743] 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
RoyalSands

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:05:57 PM

you will never convince anyone to invest in a coin which loses its value over and over. at least it should stay at a certain level for some time. and if it's 1 or 2 that's fine. because of the staking it still is a good investment. but as long as it is losing value it can never attract new investors. just my opinion. wait till it finds a new ground.

This is so wrong it's ridiculous. So you're saying Bitcoin will never go back up because it went down in value 6 months in a row, right? The absurdity of your statement baffles me. And it's already been proven wrong (check out BTC over the past week).

unfortunately you can't compare btc with mint. btc has thousands of projects which make it valuable. thousands of people with ideas working on making btc more valuable. thousands of people mining it. thousands of people speculating on it. mintcoin doesn't. mintcoin's strength lies in PoS. maybe the time isn't right for it yet. we'll have to wait. please tell me if you yourself are buying mintcoin right now. or if you also wait.

I'm buying MINT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 08:11:01 PM

you will never convince anyone to invest in a coin which loses its value over and over. at least it should stay at a certain level for some time. and if it's 1 or 2 that's fine. because of the staking it still is a good investment. but as long as it is losing value it can never attract new investors. just my opinion. wait till it finds a new ground.

This is so wrong it's ridiculous. So you're saying Bitcoin will never go back up because it went down in value 6 months in a row, right? The absurdity of your statement baffles me. And it's already been proven wrong (check out BTC over the past week).

Actually his statement isn't even an opinion it's fact. Remember this is a currency, and if the value of a currency keeps going down no one wants to get burned and invest. Not only that you will have many people dumping before it's worth nothing which in turn also drives the price down.

BTW. BTC is totally different from MINT you can compare it but it leads to nothing.

What may be able to save this coin is some exiting announcment, some big investor, a bigger dev team, an active community..

Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:14:19 PM

truth is most people in mintcoin can only spread the word about it's features. personally i don't have no coding skills or businesses. i think most people here don't do also. i also don't really think being on more exchanges or adding more small shops which accept mint will increase the price. i see mint as a bank. i want to put money in it and rely on the interest rate. most people in crypto are mining or pumping/dumping. wait for cryptos to become a thing every average joe can understand. i truly believe in PoS and i think this concept is best for the average consumer. i think Mint will do just fine when i can tell my friends "hey look, mintcoin price was stable for 3 months now. and i was gaining interest on my savings the whole time. so now i have 1,5% more. if you want some mint i will send you some". it is just my point of view. of course i try to make mint more popular by pushing features i believe in like the android wallet or the quickcoin thingy. but you can't rush things and i think everybody has just to figure out whether he believes in the concept of Mintcoin or doesn't. because it's the main thing which discerns mintcoin from the other coins.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:15:33 PM

unfortunately you can't compare btc with mint. btc has thousands of projects which make it valuable. thousands of people with ideas working on making btc more valuable. thousands of people mining it. thousands of people speculating on it. mintcoin doesn't. mintcoin's strength lies in PoS. maybe the time isn't right for it yet. we'll have to wait. please tell me if you yourself are buying mintcoin right now. or if you also wait.

I'm buying MINT.

thank you for that. of course i will buy mint too. problem is i don't have money right now so the downward trend isn't that bad for me personally.  Grin
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:12:39 PM

Actually his statement isn't even an opinion it's fact. Remember this is a currency, and if the value of a currency keeps going down no one wants to get burned and invest. Not only that you will have many people dumping before it's worth nothing which in turn also drives the price down.

BTW. BTC is totally different from MINT you can compare it but it leads to nothing.

What may be able to save this coin is some exiting announcment, some big investor, a bigger dev team, an active community..

Please elaborate on how BTC and MINT are different. Aside from how coins are obtained (which is completely irrelevant in terms of value and investors), they are identical.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:30:59 PM

just a normal cycle i called for these prices while others were saying 1000 sats weeks ago.

Its healthy.. now new devs can buy in and then innovate. Think of it like a company but without bailouts.
toto31

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:59:11 PM

Buying cheap coins!
RoyalSands

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:20:19 AM

Note to idiot selling 5BTC of MINT at 5 satoshi on mintpal:

come sell them at cryptsy, you can sell 2.5BTC of them instantly and I will thank you.
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:23:35 AM

what is the mintcoin walletadres where I can sent mint to donate to the adroit wallet app?

Dev keep us posted if this tipping thing this guy mentioned is something we can use if so I will also donate to this
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:11:56 AM

Good grief to the sellers....

Mintcoin has way to much going for it to be sold at a loss now. It is the only high interest paying PoS coin with real development still behind it... You can dump into my buy order at 4 if you wish though.

\
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:13:23 AM

Mintcoin has way to much going for it to be sold at a loss now. It is the only high interest paying PoS coin with real development still behind it... You can dump into my buy order at 4 if you wish though.

What development is behind it right now? What is happening to build value to the coin? In the past week I've seen nothing other than trying to get it on exchanges (which doesn't help add value). Past this, what's going on?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
RoyalSands

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:27:55 AM

What development is behind it right now? What is happening to build value to the coin? In the past week I've seen nothing other than trying to get it on exchanges (which doesn't help add value). Past this, what's going on?

If you don't like what is happening then sell your MINT and leave the thread.  Thanks.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:32:24 AM

If you don't like what is happening then sell your MINT and leave the thread.  Thanks.

I love it. "I think money will magically appear and make me rich. If you disagree, you need to LEAVE US ALONE SO WE CAN GET RICH WHILE DOING NOTHING." It's that mentality that's holding back the project.

deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:33:12 AM

-Mintcoin already has 57 merchants
-We are listed on all major alt coin exchanges, AND Bitcoin exchange Vault of Satoshi
-Coin control
-Android coming soon
-Pays 20% interest 1st year, 15% 2nd, 10%, and then 5% per every following year. Get paid every 20 days.

I guess I don't understand your question. We don't really need development at this point, other than maybe a bootstrap for the wallet download. An awareness campaign maybe?

The coin is fine, and really the only thing driving other coins at this point is hype. Hype has never really been the Mintcoin way. Mint took off like a rocket when it was announced because it was a brilliant, original idea. It still is! So I have no idea why the price is down so much. Mint is still the king of it's category(High interest PoS).

Things take time to develop,(foundation, and android wallet) but they are being worked on, and in the meantime I would suggest people pick up some cheap coin.

http://mintcoinfund.org/
http://www.mintcointalk.com/
http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/
https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam

\
RoyalSands

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:44:06 AM

I love it. "I think money will magically appear and make me rich. If you disagree, you need to LEAVE US ALONE SO WE CAN GET RICH WHILE DOING NOTHING." It's that mentality that's holding back the project.

You come here and have nothing good to say.  You are just complaining and being negative.  Do you think that is helping?  I don't think so.
jakema

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:33:30 AM

hey guys i was thinking of starting a mint raffle website would people be interested in this??
i know its not going to help the coin to much but i just cant sit here and watch mint die. its to good of a coin to let that happen
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:11:38 AM

You come here and have nothing good to say.  You are just complaining and being negative.  Do you think that is helping?  I don't think so.

I asked a legitimate question. I asked what is going on to increase its value. I do this with any business I get involved with. If a business isn't producing anything that brings in value, it's a liability. I don't deal with liabilities. There's been no information about income-producing ventures with the coin, thus I assumed I missed something and was asking for an update as to what that was. Apparently there is nothing going on in that front, so that answered the question.

The past isn't as important as what is going on right now and into the future. 57 merchants? That's great. What's going on to bring on more right now? The goal should be expansion, not dormancy. Wal-Mart didn't say "alright, we got two stores set up, so we'll just sit back and hope to be billionaires." Fuck no. They said "We have two stores set up and a little income coming in. Now it's time to push our efforts further to keep increasing this." Many years later, they are still doing the same.

Treat the coin like a business because that's what it is. If you stop being proactive, it is absolutely going to die.

jakema

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:00:24 AM

people need to stop selling there POS interest, just hold it for a while 
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:54:15 AM

As you all most likely know, I have been a very big supporter of Mintcoin almost from day one. I've put my heart and soul into Mintcoin for close to four months now, and have come to the realization that Mintcoin along with quite a few others, is not going to be what we all wanted it to be.

The crypto currency/altcoin world is driven by people who want to find an easier way to acquire Bitcoins. You can see this every day on the exchanges, everything is based on a Bitcoin. Altcoin miners have invested huge amounts of money to be able to mine the most profitable coins, and then exchange them for Bitcoins. Daytraders spend countless hours each and every day glued to their monitors watching the charts to find the next pumped coin.

Mintcoin was one of those coins, for a short period of time, and now it is no longer mineable so is no longer a profitable coin, thus it is forgotten about. You can look at pretty much every altcoin and see the same pattern, some took longer than others to attain good value, but sooner or later they all drop drastically in price and then become dormant. To get any altcoin to be accepted as a true and viable currency, it is going to take a whole lot more work than any of us are willing or capable of putting in.

Look at Bitcoin for example. There are people and corporations investing multi millions of dollars each and every day, and it is still no where near being accepted as a true and viable currency. Bitcoin and altcoins, for the foreseeable future, will only be a commodity such as gold or silver, they will not be true and viable currencies.

When it comes to Mintcoin, or any other altcoin, we all have to start looking at them as an easy way to acquire Bitcoins, even the developers of altcoins know this, and that's why you see so many altcoins being created, especially ones with premines or IPO's.

I have not sold any of my Mintcoins, and do not plan to either. They cost me nothing to sit in my wallet and mint new coins every 20 days or so, and maybe one day in the future a developer with new insight and determination will come along and take over the reins, and the Mintcoins I hold will then become more valuable than they are today. It took Bitcoin how many years before it was worth anything?Huh
sia331

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:57:30 AM

yeah, nothing left to do but wait and see. in altcoins there are always pumps and rises at any time. so just hold. or sell at ridiculously low prices  Roll Eyes

Sell at ridiculously low prices is very unwise, its price will soon rise!
 Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 [743] 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: