Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:02:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 [945] 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:07:12 PM

The bigger the block the more likely it is it will stake soon after hitting 20 days of coinage.

Yes I know , but what to set it at ?   like 500  or 1000, or 5000. I'm not sure .

I have adopted the policy of 100k minimum block size personally as I like my blocks to stake very shortly after reaching maturity.

so 25000 or 50000 will work right, just take a little longer ?

correct

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kprell40

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:22:01 PM

The bigger the block the more likely it is it will stake soon after hitting 20 days of coinage.

Yes I know , but what to set it at ?   like 500  or 1000, or 5000. I'm not sure .

I have adopted the policy of 100k minimum block size personally as I like my blocks to stake very shortly after reaching maturity.

so 25000 or 50000 will work right, just take a little longer ?

correct

ty  why I was asking all I got is 200k , so I seeing the best way to put then in good  block size.

calkob

Activity: 1078
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:43:53 PM

i havnt fired up my mint coin wallet in ages, whats the latest wallet?
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:51:21 PM

i havnt fired up my mint coin wallet in ages, whats the latest wallet?

v2.0.1.0
https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/releases/tag/v2.0.1.0
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:51:16 PM

This wallet takes forever to sync up.. Sad It doesn't like the Bootstrap file either..

Come on Wallet!! SYNC!!! Uggh..
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:13:29 PM

Will try tomorrow the bootstrap route to see if there are any problems.
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:07:17 AM

Bittrex support hasn't heard from mintcoin team in a while, they are interested in adding the coin. Please if anyone can contact them and get us listed there. I told them that people are working on their own time & money so there might be a delay in response. Please devs or cryptomommy contact them. thanks Smiley
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:57:55 AM

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/MINT/markets.php

Interesting spread between bids and asks. Arbitrage opportunity? something wrong with exchanges?

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
Ricklosti

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:31:20 AM

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/MINT/markets.php

Interesting spread between bids and asks. Arbitrage opportunity? something wrong with exchanges?

Well, Cyrptsy and Bter are not without their issues,

But, it's starting to look like some pre-pump action to me. The calm before the storm. A little shake-out. Maybe a little battle to manipulate and suppress the price of the coin as long as possible; ...as long as possible, but without risking too much coin and causing too much volume to attract attention. No major mega-dumping going on, which is a sign there is strong unwavering demand by most holders. It is times like this that are so interesting. You can tell they are trying to push it as low as possible, but are really afraid to put too much at stake to do it.  When the timing is right, it will pop! and we could be right back up past 20+ Sats or whatever. And if starting from a low base price like 5 Sats, Right after the few BTC holding it at 6-7 Sats, there is basically nothing left to hold it down, it could easily rocket up past 10 Sats and instant 100% gain flashes up on the charts, ...Nothing like a 100% + price spike, with a solid bit of volume to draw attention and momentum could pick up even more. But who knows, how low will people let it go first? Nobody knows, that's the thing, it is a bit like poker, and everyone's cards you can't see and you bet, and call peoples bluffs. A lot of market psychology. I have some buy orders in so just in case, if it does goes even lower, I'll make them pay to play this game haha. Time will tell, I suppose.
crzybilly

Activity: 703

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:45:47 AM

Bittrex support hasn't heard from mintcoin team in a while, they are interested in adding the coin. Please if anyone can contact them and get us listed there. I told them that people are working on their own time & money so there might be a delay in response. Please devs or cryptomommy contact them. thanks Smiley

we spoke with bittrex, they are interested in the 3BTC it costs to list it, not the coin itself.
Buy$Polar

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:10:51 AM

we spoke with bittrex, they are interested in the 3BTC it costs to list it, not the coin itself.

Bittrex is not worth that, they already delisted Mint once this year for not enough trading volume.
Delisttrex is a scam exchange not worthy of a Mint Market.

Fuzzbawls

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:26:05 AM

The team discussed the viability of listing MINT on Bittrex today and ultimately decided against it. Some reasoning as to why follows:

- They were asking for 3 BTC to compensate for what (by their own admission) was ~10 minutes worth of work.
- Volume requirement policy does not play well with PoS only coins.
- Historical threats of delisting coins tend to result in faking volume and pushing price further down.
- They mentioned "we can talk to a guy to rocket mint"...this just SCREAMS pump and dump scheme and artificial volume.
- Artificial volume is detrimental and not what we as a team want for MINT.

Bittrex has had numerous problems with PoS only coins as they just don't seem to understand that PoS coins don't necessarily revolve around trade volume. And, until such time that their policies and (outlandish) fee structure are revised to better accommodate MINT and PoS only coins in general, we as a team won't consider paying into a listing there.
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:38:19 AM

This wallet takes forever to sync up.. Sad It doesn't like the Bootstrap file either..

Bootstrap works just fine. You get your wallet synced up in less than an hour!
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:13:44 PM

MINT has been a strong coin for coming on 2 years now.  It has basically consistently been in the top 50-100 coins for as long as I can remember it. Average trade volume has been steadily increasing on the coin too, from what I've been observing. Last year it was at like 3 satoshi during this time of year last year, so, MINT has already gained a solid 100% vs BTC over a year ago. If it keeps doing that every year, you can't complain. Looks like buy walls are starting to set up now too, so a reversal is probably coming soon. Eventually other exchanges will come begging to add the coin. my view anyway. we have poloniex, a bleutrade which are solid and reliable in my experience.

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:15:58 PM

The team discussed the viability of listing MINT on Bittrex today and ultimately decided against it. Some reasoning as to why follows:

- They were asking for 3 BTC to compensate for what (by their own admission) was ~10 minutes worth of work.
- Historical threats of delisting coins tend to result in faking volume and pushing price further down.
- They mentioned "we can talk to a guy to rocket mint"...this just SCREAMS pump and dump scheme and artificial volume.

Bittrex has had numerous problems with PoS only coins as they just don't seem to understand that PoS coins don't necessarily revolve around trade volume. And, until such time that their policies and (outlandish) fee structure are revised to better accommodate MINT and PoS only coins in general, we as a team won't consider paying into a listing there.

Good move me thinks, 3 BTC for listing coins is outrageous but if people want to pay it then that is their decision, I for one am happy Mintcoins are not.

Bootstrap works just fine. You get your wallet synced up in less than an hour!

Yes I can confirm it took me less than an hour to sync with bootstrap.
sambiohazard

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:12:38 AM

I talked to them again in JBS slack, which is open to all with an invite. You can also join.

Anyways there response was same that they do not ask for fees until you CFCed (ICO/croedfund) on some other exchange. They said fees might be needed if  they have to do compliance & verification work. He totally denied that they will ever offer to pump a coin. He also said that last time they had any contact from us is on 26th Nov with cryptomommy via there support email and never heard even a No from us since then. That's why he asked me if i know of a response and i asked here.

Can you tell me who are you talking to? there email or someone on BCT, a name. I suspect if it is not there support email then we might be talking to a scammer.

I just want to know what is going on and if there is a misunderstanding then we can still get on to one more exchange. Thanks Smiley
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:53:38 AM

I talked to them again in JBS slack, which is open to all with an invite. You can also join.

Anyways there response was same that they do not ask for fees until you CFCed (ICO/croedfund) on some other exchange. They said fees might be needed if  they have to do compliance & verification work. He totally denied that they will ever offer to pump a coin. He also said that last time they had any contact from us is on 26th Nov with cryptomommy via there support email and never heard even a No from us since then. That's why he asked me if i know of a response and i asked here.

Can you tell me who are you talking to? there email or someone on BCT, a name. I suspect if it is not there support email then we might be talking to a scammer.

I just want to know what is going on and if there is a misunderstanding then we can still get on to one more exchange. Thanks Smiley

spoke to `bittrex-richie in their IRC channel. perhaps its a breakdown in communication on their end.
sambiohazard

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:19:05 AM

Anyways there response was same that they do not ask for fees until you CFCed (ICO/croedfund) on some other exchange. They said fees might be needed if  they have to do compliance & verification work. He totally denied that they will ever offer to pump a coin. He also said that last time they had any contact from us is on 26th Nov with cryptomommy via there support email and never heard even a No from us since then. That's why he asked me if i know of a response and i asked here.

spoke to `bittrex-richie in their IRC channel. perhaps its a breakdown in communication on their end.

So you believed a person in IRC, anyone can have any name in IRC. You are publically accusing someone on that basis. I am sure that was a scammer trying to make money. Please ask cryptomommy to contact them via their support email. There is a misunderstanding here.and communication didn't break on there end, they emailed us but got no response. They are interested in our plans and listing us if we have solid plans for charity. I thought you had official communication from them asking for fees.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:42:01 AM

So you believed a person in IRC, anyone can have any name in IRC. You are publically accusing someone on that basis. I am sure that was a scammer trying to make money. Please ask cryptomommy to contact them via their support email. There is a misunderstanding here.and communication didn't break on there end, they emailed us but got no response. They are interested in our plans and listing us if we have solid plans for charity. I thought you had official communication from them asking for fees.

OK, I am confused,   Huh
Bittrex can just install from the github source and reactivate the Mint Markets anytime they like,
They don't need approval from anyone on Mint Team to do that.
The requested Fee sound logical as they usually charge one and then delist when the volume drops off.
It's one way they make ends meet, and they don't hide that fact.
And I agree with Mint Team , giving 3 BTC just to be on Bittrex , is a waste of money.

You seem to have a more reasonable contact there,
So why don't you get them to relay the questions thru you.
Post them in this forum, team Mint can answer them, and then you can relay the answers back to Bittrex and Post the result.
That way if communications turn sour due to Bittrex requesting a payment, it won't turn you bitter against team mint.
Besides it is a community coin, Cryptomommy heads the Team, but the community should know what is going on, as if they are uninterested in Bittrex,
it will not meet the volume requirement anyway.

Cool
sambiohazard

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:53:17 AM

OK, I am confused,   Huh
Bittrex can just install from the github source and reactivate the Mint Markets anytime they like,
They don't need approval from anyone on Mint Team to do that.
The requested Fee sound logical as they usually charge one and then delist when the volume drops off.
It's one way they make ends meet, and they don't hide that fact.

You seem to have a more reasonable contact there,
So why don't you get them to relay the questions thru you.
Post them in this forum, team Mint can answer them, and then you can relay the answers back to Bittrex and Post the result.
That way if communications turn sour due to Bittrex requesting a payment, it won't turn you bitter against team mint.
Besides it is a community coin, Cryptomommy heads the Team, but the community should know what is going on, as if they are uninterested in Bittrex,
it will not meet the volume requirement anyway.

Cool

That is inefficient, i don't know all the charity plans and anyways most reasonable contact is via there official support email. If cryptomommy can take a little time to communicate & explain the future plans in detail then they have assurance that this coin has a future. I mean its not very difficult to do that. Its better to have communication via official channel rather than ad-hoc communication on IRC or slack where i dwell. I can give them any document official team provides me with but because i am not involved in those plans, i can't vouch if they will go thru. Someone from trello team who is also talking to other parties need to communicate. And if things break down at volume requirement then

a) they don't delist just based on volume but future plans of a coin take precedence.
b) we should clearly tell them that we dont want to be listed if there is a volume requirement.

why do people get all so excited instead of professionally talking things through official channels.
Pages: « 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 [945] 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: