Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:03:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 [947] 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Argon18

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:25:54 PM

FWIW, no one here has questioned whether or not we should re-add MINT.  From my understanding, Bill just wanted a contact to talk about future plans etc...

Bittrex Exchange  =  Waste of Mint Team's Time

Geez,  Bill should just post his questions in this forum like everyone else.
Why does he thinks he is entitled to private sit downs.

Your delisting agenda only makes money if suckers keep buying new coins.
That stage of Crypto is ending. Market is already over 5 times saturation levels.
Ya already delisted most of the alts that any serious trader gives a hoot about.
Real world, Ya will have to start removing the delisting policy or just fade away due to non use.   Roll Eyes

Just Sayin.
AG18

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoiner-

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:38:33 PM

It is easy, you just install the program and download the blockchain. Bittorent Sync enables automatic daily updates of the blockchain so you always get a fresh copy Wink

After you have downloaded the blockchain you can easily uninstall the program, but by running the program you help others who also want to download the most recent copy of the blockchain.
and how am I supposed to do all that, through command line  Roll Eyes
deepcreek

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:36:47 AM

FWIW, no one here has questioned whether or not we should re-add MINT.  From my understanding, Bill just wanted a contact to talk about future plans etc...

Bittrex Exchange  =  Waste of Mint Team's Time

Geez,  Bill should just post his questions in this forum like everyone else.
Why does he thinks he is entitled to private sit downs.

Your delisting agenda only makes money if suckers keep buying new coins.
That stage of Crypto is ending. Market is already over 5 times saturation levels.
Ya already delisted most of the alts that any serious trader gives a hoot about.
Real world, Ya will have to start removing the delisting policy or just fade away due to non use.   Roll Eyes

Just Sayin.
AG18

Is this hostility really necessary on our forum? At least come with some well constructed arguments. They are doing a good job and they have to draw a line somewhere.
MarSas

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:33:34 AM

It is easy, you just install the program and download the blockchain. Bittorent Sync enables automatic daily updates of the blockchain so you always get a fresh copy Wink

After you have downloaded the blockchain you can easily uninstall the program, but by running the program you help others who also want to download the most recent copy of the blockchain.

Reading a forum through command line too?
Argon18

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:41:21 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 06:53:54 AM by Argon18

Is this hostility really necessary on our forum? At least come with some well constructed arguments. They are doing a good job and they have to draw a line somewhere.

i don't know,
pointing out their delisting business model is on the edge of failure,
i consider more a heads up , so they have time to change.

When Bittrex posts on their site that your coin is schedule for Delisting unless Ya Create Fake Volume to Line their Pockets, is that NOT HOSTILE?

By the Way , here is their Policy from their Web Site
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
Bittrex Market Removal Policy - Updated 07/19/15

Updated on 07/19/15

We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to crypto-currency technology, or a contribution to science and humanity. We believe in aggressively taking chances on coins and letting the free market sort out which coins should thrive. We just as aggressively prune our markets to allow new coins the visibility to grow in our exchange.  Our goal is to continue to launch new markets to occupy the spaces left from the coins we are removing.

Markets with less than 0.2 BTC (or equivalent) of average daily volume over a 7 day period and have been on Bittrex for 4 weeks or more are eligible for removal. Coins with no developer support, working blockchains, or violate our policies are also candidates for removal.    

We add warnings to markets on the weekend and remove them on Fridays.  Saving a coin requires bringing the average daily volume back up before the next scheduled removal date.  We require 0.2 BTC (or equivalent) of average daily volume over a 7 day period.  We vary the time on Friday in which we check for volume to prevent coin developers from placing a single large order to save their coin. The best way to keep a market from being in danger is to continue to develop steady trading volume each day.

Furthermore, markets that consistency dip below the minimum volume requirement may get the minimum volume requirement increased or delisted without notice.

If a market is removed, you will have 14 days to remove your coins from our wallets.

Bittrex reserves the right to keep or remove any market from its exchange.

07/19/15: Clarified the conditions and reasons that will trigger a delisting.  tldr; don't count on a single large order to save your market.  We want to see sustained trading and growth.  

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Ya really wanna be worried every week, by them whining that Mint trading Volume is too low.
If they not gonna exclude Mint from this Policy , then who needs them , just grief not needed.

Just Sayin,
AG18

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████

▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:57:09 AM

I am regretting the decision to get MINT listed on Bittrex. People just rant without understanding the reason behind anything even when explained many times. I am done with this. @richiela i apologize for getting you into this. Now just waiting to get out of this closed community when i break even on this coin although i dont have many options to do so. Sad
Argon18

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:06:11 AM

I am regretting the decision to get MINT listed on Bittrex. People just rant without understanding the reason behind anything even when explained many times. I am done with this. @richiela i apologize for getting you into this. Now just waiting to get out of this closed community when i break even on this coin although i dont have many options to do so. Sad

LOL, it don't matter to them, cause i not mint official.
Give em 3btc , delistrex have market up by Monday.
and Delist Ya on Tuesday.  Tongue
Rinse / Repeat til mint community broke.

@biohazard , ya care more for da exchange , than da coin .  Roll Eyes
Their scammers, son.

Just Sayin,
AG18

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████

▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:06:28 AM

Walls are going down! MINT is about to Rise! Get em while they are still cheap!

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:48:57 AM

I'm not really sure why you're so bent out of shape over this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and viewpoints as to what does and doesn't work or what is or isn't a good decision for a coin. Afaik, you relayed that there was someone at bittrex waiting for some response from the MINT team regarding a listing there. Was there more to your involvement than that? Its fine if there is, I'm just trying to understand the reason why you have such regrets over this issue.

I apologized to richie personally today on IRC about my hasty and ill-informed statements, discussed their standing policies and the MINT team's concerns with said policies, of which everyone involved in the team's discussion shared. I was informed that Bill has final say over these matters and that we can further discussions with him directly.

I don't have a problem with this, its a very reasonable course of action. The team wants what is best for the coin and the community surrounding it and we feel that there is more to be discussed with Bill on the matter of being (re)listed on Bittrex. MINT is not starving for places to trade on like some new coin fresh out of the git repository, so there really is no need to rush into anything.

Now, since you're obviously for a listing on Bittrex, perhaps you'd like to share your thoughts or reasons as to why it means so much to you.
sambiohazard

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:14:40 AM

I'm not really sure why you're so bent out of shape over this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and viewpoints as to what does and doesn't work or what is or isn't a good decision for a coin. Afaik, you relayed that there was someone at bittrex waiting for some response from the MINT team regarding a listing there. Was there more to your involvement than that? Its fine if there is, I'm just trying to understand the reason why you have such regrets over this issue.

I apologized to richie personally today on IRC about my hasty and ill-informed statements, discussed their standing policies and the MINT team's concerns with said policies, of which everyone involved in the team's discussion shared. I was informed that Bill has final say over these matters and that we can further discussions with him directly.

I don't have a problem with this, its a very reasonable course of action. The team wants what is best for the coin and the community surrounding it and we feel that there is more to be discussed with Bill on the matter of being (re)listed on Bittrex. MINT is not starving for places to trade on like some new coin fresh out of the git repository, so there really is no need to rush into anything.

Now, since you're obviously for a listing on Bittrex, perhaps you'd like to share your thoughts or reasons as to why it means so much to you.

Well it doesn't mean anything special to me, its just that Bittrex is only exchange i like among craptsy(dead, no support), Polo(asks ID, fake vol), BTER(hacked), & others without any volume to do trading. They said if Mint has some concrete plan then volume doesn't matter so there was hope for me to trade/buy Mint regularly if it gets there.

But my overall experience with introducing anything new to this community is quite bad, people just dont want to listen. Same thing happened when i asked about CryptoID block explorer. I dont know if people here had too many bad experience or what but they think any one asking for money for services is bad. I just want basic infrastructure around the coin to be good. From the get go people start accusing & ranting. I am more disappointed with community than any specific case. Only you and kiklo have shown any sense and maybe one or two others. Everyone starts judging from their high seat as if MINT is only legit thing and any newcomer is just trying to do things for profit or speculation.

That's all. I hoped that official team has more sense & professionalism (and you do). Thanks.
sambiohazard

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:27:03 AM

Its nice to see that we finally got to a stage where 2 relevant parties are talking. Its was strange to see people not even considering the possibility & rejecting any advance outright. It turned out to be more than getting people together when cryptomommy got busy & i had to relay messages around with people having prejudices/past bad experience with bittrex. I guess i wasn't expecting such hostility.

Next time i will probably use PM to official team & let you handle things in public.
altcoiner-

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:31:50 AM

Reading a forum through command line too?
sorry, are you in a cave?
have you not heard of a VPS?
My point is that I can't transfer the blockchain in the command line environment, nor from windows environment to SSH
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:14:15 AM

Its nice to see that we finally got to a stage where 2 relevant parties are talking. Its was strange to see people not even considering the possibility & rejecting any advance outright. It turned out to be more than getting people together when cryptomommy got busy & i had to relay messages around with people having prejudices/past bad experience with bittrex. I guess i wasn't expecting such hostility.

Next time i will probably use PM to official team & let you handle things in public.

This is a hectic time of the year. Holidays, family, work, society....I think many, MANY people (myself included) are a bit more on-edge in general. In terms of crypto, I think recent events have made many people skeptical or overly cautious or sometimes downright hostile. And of course, misinformation, impersonation, half-truths, miscommunications, and confusion is always in abundance around the internet.

You're always welcome to contact me directly on here, and I can be found on IRC most days at many random hours of the day.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:21:13 AM

Anyone using Cryptsy, might want to do a test withdrawal of Mintcoins.
A lot of PoS coins have been going offline or withdrawals stuck in pending on Cryptsy today.

Post if the withdrawal worked for you or not, so everyone here knows.

Cool

FYI:
So far ZEIT, TEK, & Navajo are having wallet issues on cryptsy.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:50:13 AM

My point is that I can't transfer the blockchain in the command line environment, nor from windows environment to SSH

Ok,
Correct this if I guess wrong,
Windows Machine at home and Linux VPS on the internet.

Down the blockchain using their way to windows PC.

Old School  Wink
On the Linux VPS , setup a FTP server https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt9LmIXMBi0
You may have to google more info for your version.

Then FTP the blockchain files up to your VPS from your Windows PC.

Cool

Fuzzbawls

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:01:26 AM

Ok,
Correct this if I guess wrong,
Windows Machine at home and Linux VPS on the internet.

Down the blockchain using their way to windows PC.

Old School  Wink
On the Linux VPS , setup a FTP server https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt9LmIXMBi0
You may have to google more info for your version.

Then FTP the blockchain files up to your VPS from your Windows PC.

Cool

or better yet: SFTP or SCP
crzybilly

Activity: 703

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:54:23 AM

This is a hectic time of the year. Holidays, family, work, society....I think many, MANY people (myself included) are a bit more on-edge in general. In terms of crypto, I think recent events have made many people skeptical or overly cautious or sometimes downright hostile. And of course, misinformation, impersonation, half-truths, miscommunications, and confusion is always in abundance around the internet.

You're always welcome to contact me directly on here, and I can be found on IRC most days at many random hours of the day.

addition to reaching out to fuzz, you can reach out to myself... I have no problems taking ideas from anyone, and bringing the up to the rest of the dev team.

I'd like to think I'm pretty much open to anything. I read the post you made here, and instantly brought it to the attention of the rest of devs, we discussed it, and I attempted to contact bittrex, only to find out it was a fake Sad
sambiohazard

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:56:09 AM

thanks i will from now on. Also i wasn't very eager or overly enthusiastic about getting on bittrex ever. I just sent info to cryptomommy once with what bittrex told me about their terms & then when they asked me in slack after no response from us i sent it to fuzzbawls. I got more involved only when people started making all kind of statements. Although i think bittrex is only good exchange left with clear policies & prompt communication. It seems other exchanges just dont care.
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:40:46 PM

There is another way. Ask a user with access to the blockchain to make a zip file Wink
crzybilly

Activity: 703

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:20:46 PM

There is another way. Ask a user with access to the blockchain to make a zip file Wink

posted a few pages back:

I have a DB that zipped up uploaded to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w6c5ttsz0c77mtp/mintcoin.zip

this will bring you up to 11/1 for anyone that needs, and doesn't understand how the bootstrap works
Pages: « 1 ... 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 [947] 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: