Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:10:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369738 times)
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

USD inflates at about 8% annually, on average

also 20% minting on all coins unmoved for 20 days or more will not create a "20% inflation rate". Those are weasel words.A more rational outlook says maybe a quarter of the existing coins will actually do any substantial minting. When the minting is at 5% and only 25% or so of existing coins are actully doing any substantial minting that will be about the right amount of inflation to maintain liquidity, around 2%

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:19:21 AM

guise

these FUDsters are the ones holding the price down. They are waiting for the weak hands to shake out and they will collect a bunch more cheap coins.

Don't play into their hands
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

also 20% minting on all coins unmoved for 20 days or more will not create a "20% inflation rate". Those are weasel words.A more rational outlook says maybe a quarter of the existing coins will actually do any substantial minting. When the minting is at 5% and only 25% or so of existing coins are actully doing any substantial minting that will be about the right amount of inflation to maintain liquidity, around 2%

You took the words right out of my mouth.

great minds think alike.  Wink
guidosuller

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Guido

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:23:07 AM

I dumped all my MINT for Blackcoin days ago. The MINT dev refused to tell us what he spent the 700 million MINT on. That was worth hundreds of BTC at the peak of MINT price.

Compare that to Blackcoin. ZERO premine yet Blackcoin still has a more transparent list of bounties. And even without 100 BTC of premine, Blackcoin is bringing more innovation to the table eg bcmultipool.

Then there is the fact MINT has 20% interest rate. Even the most hardened MINTer will admit that is too high.

What was the nail in coffin for me with MINT was the fact they put a super shitty logo on the mintcoin subreddit when there were much better ones. I find it fishy that won the community vote when almost everyone complained about it after it was chosen and nothing changed. Plus read through the devs comments on reddit and here, he was writing stuff like "Lol sell" and can't be bothered to work when the price was dropping and people were asking him questions and basically wanting reassurance.

And there's the fact MINT dev keeps saying mintcoin has nothing to do with Mintpal. Sorry don't believe that for various reasons.

So i've switched to Blackcoin. It's basically the coin mintcoin should have been imo.

Thanks for posting this. It shows how desperate you are at pumping Blackcoin. Your efforts are futile and even work against you. People will read your post and avoid Blackcoin like the plague. I will definitely not support Blackcoin any longer because of your post. In fact, your post has convinced me to dump all of my Blackcoins and I will be picking up some more Mintcoins for cheap. Watch for the price of Blackcoin to drop on Mintpal as I dump them, I do have quite a few. Here's to a small push up in price of Mintcoin on Mintpal.

Apart for the Mint/blackcoin war ...
20% inflation and then after 4 years 5% per year forever is insane.
If you really believe in this coin for the long term and it becomes a worldwide currency it will be a worse plague than fiat.

respect...MINT is the father!!!!!
Geode

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:24:39 AM

If you really believe in this coin for the long term and it becomes a worldwide currency it will be a worse plague than fiat.
It won't be 20% inflation, but less than that because that 20% presumes that 100% of the coins will sit quietly and acquire coin age, which is false.

Even at 5%, if this were possible, it is less than the inflation of the money supply. If you think that cryptos and altcoins are worse than fiat, then you have no idea how central banks and the debt-money scam works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

If my post has helped you in some way, please consider donating-Blackcoin: BRJLA6cgXyyYaDfetVoSpo8pNmQDRAfuPA
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:33:53 AM

Same is with BC traded BC don't generate income. So inflation will be <1% BC and Mint <20%. I think rates will be same.
But mint coins purpose is to mint it... and get that 20% so probably it will be 15%-18%. we will see at end of year.

2nd question Smiley i have analyzed that case lets give numbers:
in best case max inflation ^^
1% BC - Now this is about 0,04 New/BTC day to buy all new
20% Mint - Now this is only 2.3 BTC day to buy all new
~10% Doge 540 BTC Day
10% BTC 3600  BTC Day - 2.3m $ all new
20% LTC 28800 LTC Day - 0,9M $ all new

"How fast do PoW coins inflate due to mining? I would say it is roughly equivalent to a PoS coin. " -look up ^^

As you see some coins need to be popular to not drop price BC,Mint don't need much attention to keep price.
Pow coins due to other type of distribution can lose value very fast just because when miners aren't well paid price fall.
POS system is bit different than POW dystrybution 1st POS NXT wasn't good example just because 75% of coins never reached market.
In reality with BC with 0 premine we will see how can 100% POS system can behave on market.
This coin is 1st with 0 premine it will be better example than Premined / IPO other ones.
We will see how market will be different that Mint,Zeit,Ultra,Battlecoin,CGB... with some amount premined before.
How marketing factor from IPO/Premine money have influence on price ^^ in long short therm.

Anyway as you see to from my analyze BC or Mint with some BTC or $ injected inside can grow in same time POW needs High amounts of money
to keep price.

I dumped all my MINT for Blackcoin days ago. The MINT dev refused to tell us what he spent the 700 million MINT on. That was worth hundreds of BTC at the peak of MINT price.

Compare that to Blackcoin. ZERO premine yet Blackcoin still has a more transparent list of bounties. And even without 100 BTC of premine, Blackcoin is bringing more innovation to the table eg bcmultipool.

Then there is the fact MINT has 20% interest rate. Even the most hardened MINTer will admit that is too high.

What was the nail in coffin for me with MINT was the fact they put a super shitty logo on the mintcoin subreddit when there were much better ones. I find it fishy that won the community vote when almost everyone complained about it after it was chosen and nothing changed. Plus read through the devs comments on reddit and here, he was writing stuff like "Lol sell" and can't be bothered to work when the price was dropping and people were asking him questions and basically wanting reassurance.

And there's the fact MINT dev keeps saying mintcoin has nothing to do with Mintpal. Sorry don't believe that for various reasons.

So i've switched to Blackcoin. It's basically the coin mintcoin should have been imo.

Stop fixating on the premine, it is but one factor involved in the initial distribution. Lets look at another factor, which involves the other 99% (or 100% in BC's case) of the coin (i.e. lets pay attention to where the majority of the coins are going, which is more important): 1 week of mining versus 5 weeks of mining. So.. approx 99% of PoW Mint was distributed over 5 weeks, whereas 100% of PoW BC was distributed over 1 week. This analysis is far from perfect because there are too many factors involved but lets simplify the model to get the point across by assuming the same number of miners join per week for each coin, that would give Mintcoin slightly less than 5X the distribution of BC through PoW (slightly less than 5X since its 99% of the coins not 100% being distributed). But, the number of miners that hop on a coin per unit time is not a constant, the more time that passes since the release the more people that learn about and become interested in the coin and begin mining the coin (assuming the release was a good one, and interest in said coin grows). As such, it seems safe to assume that there is a modest acceleration in the number of adopters/time as time since the release of the coin increases. As such, the number of miners/week that started mining Mint during the later weeks is probably larger than the number of miners that joined in the first week for either Mint or BC. So, taking that into consideration, the rate of distribution should increase over time meaning that 5 weeks will result in MORE than 5X the distribution when compared to 1 week of distribution. Of course, this is ignoring the increase in difficulty as a function of time but since both coins experience this the effect should be equivalent for each when weighted relative to the time spent in PoW for each.

Short version: Distribution is not linear with time, I would expect it to have a positive derivative: f(x) = miners/time ; f'(x) is positive aka (miners/time)/time is increasing- meaning that 5 weeks of mining versus 1 week of mining is actually more than 5X the amount of distribution.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:33:58 AM

Before anyone decides to sell at such a low price take into account how highly marketable this coin really is. Just take a look at the growing number of Merchants that accept this coin compared to others and it should give you an idea of the growth potential.
I didn't compare the number of merchant with other coins. Do you have some numbers for comparison purpose?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:38:31 AM

So, as we know the POW/mining of mint has stopped now. But we could donate 2% of all future staked coins into the "mint foundation" for charity purposes.
Interesting idea. We will investigate it. No mandatory donation, for sure, but still something worth investigating.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:42:03 AM

Will the Mintcoin wallet have some sort of indicator regarding minting, similar to Blackcoin? See the little up arrow on the BC wallet here. http://imgur.com/9z7DxYQ

Please post your ideas here
http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,263.msg773.html#msg773

If it is not centralised, we can not ensure it will be catalogued.

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:45:19 AM

Stop fixating on the premine, it is but one factor involved in the initial distribution. Lets look at another factor, which involves the other 99% (or 100% in BC's case) of the coin (i.e. lets pay attention to where the majority of the coins are going, which is more important): 1 week of mining versus 5 weeks of mining. So.. approx 99% of PoW Mint was distributed over 5 weeks, whereas 100% of PoW BC was distributed over 1 week. This analysis is far from perfect because there are too many factors involved but lets simplify the model to get the point across by assuming the same number of miners join per week for each coin, that would give Mintcoin slightly less than 5X the distribution of BC through PoW (slightly less than 5X since its 99% of the coins not 100% being distributed). But, the number of miners that hop on a coin per unit time is not a constant, the more time that passes since the release the more people that learn about and become interested in the coin and begin mining the coin (assuming the release was a good one, and interest in said coin grows). As such, it seems safe to assume that there is a modest acceleration in the number of adopters/time as time since the release of the coin increases. As such, the number of miners/week that started mining Mint during the later weeks is probably larger than the number of miners that joined in the first week for either Mint or BC. So, taking that into consideration, the rate of distribution should increase over time meaning that 5 weeks will result in MORE than 5X the distribution when compared to 1 week of distribution. Of course, this is ignoring the increase in difficulty as a function of time

Short version: Distribution is not linear with time, I would expect it to have a positive derivative: f(x) = miners/time ; f'(x) is positive aka (miners/time)/time is increasing- meaning that 5 weeks of mining versus 1 week of mining is actually more than 5X the amount of distribution.

That's all just assumption and hand waving. I'm dealing with the cold hard facts here. Rather than counter my points you want to focus on hand waving and silly assumptions that can be manipulated to either of our benefit.

But entertaining you for a second if you consult mintcoinrichlist.com and the blackcoin richlist: http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100

As of five minutes ago the top 29 mintcoin addresses hold 30% of all mintcoins. And calculating for blackcoin we see the top 28 blackcoin addresses hold 30% of all blackcoins.

That is remarkably similar. Regardless, the distribution in both of them will only grow over time. I have no concern about such matters and don't want to get dragged into a pointless discussion about it since the facts can be twisted too easily. Wink
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:48:29 AM

It won't be 20% inflation, but less than that because that 20% presumes that 100% of the coins will sit quietly and acquire coin age, which is false.

Even at 5%, if this were possible, it is less than the inflation of the money supply. If you think that cryptos and altcoins are worse than fiat, then you have no idea how central banks and the debt-money scam works.

Was that to subtle for you? Probably.
If there is no actually 20% then somebody change this:

which gives the highest payout at 20% the first year, then decrease 5% per year until the 4th year it reaches annual interest rate of 5%, then it will remain at this rate.
And explain in a few words about the max and min.

And I do hope the coding is right and we don't end like DOGE who turned to inflation overnight due to dizzy devs.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
stormia

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:51:07 AM

Stop fixating on the premine, it is but one factor involved in the initial distribution. Lets look at another factor, which involves the other 99% (or 100% in BC's case) of the coin (i.e. lets pay attention to where the majority of the coins are going, which is more important): 1 week of mining versus 5 weeks of mining. So.. approx 99% of PoW Mint was distributed over 5 weeks, whereas 100% of PoW BC was distributed over 1 week. This analysis is far from perfect because there are too many factors involved but lets simplify the model to get the point across by assuming the same number of miners join per week for each coin, that would give Mintcoin slightly less than 5X the distribution of BC through PoW (slightly less than 5X since its 99% of the coins not 100% being distributed). But, the number of miners that hop on a coin per unit time is not a constant, the more time that passes since the release the more people that learn about and become interested in the coin and begin mining the coin (assuming the release was a good one, and interest in said coin grows). As such, it seems safe to assume that there is a modest acceleration in the number of adopters/time as time since the release of the coin increases. As such, the number of miners/week that started mining Mint during the later weeks is probably larger than the number of miners that joined in the first week for either Mint or BC. So, taking that into consideration, the rate of distribution should increase over time meaning that 5 weeks will result in MORE than 5X the distribution when compared to 1 week of distribution. Of course, this is ignoring the increase in difficulty as a function of time

That's all just assumption and hand waving. I'm dealing with the cold hard facts here. Rather than counter my points you want to focus on hand waving and silly assumptions that can be manipulated to either of our benefit.

But entertaining you for a second if you consult mintcoinrichlist.com and the blackcoin richlist: http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100

As of five minutes ago the top 29 mintcoin addresses hold 30% of all mintcoins. And calculating for blackcoin we see the top 28 blackcoin addresses hold 30% of all blackcoins.

That is remarkably similar. Regardless, the distribution in both of them will only grow over time. I have no concern about such matters and don't want to get dragged into a pointless discussion about it since the facts can be twisted too easily. Wink

"As of five minutes ago the top 29 mintcoin addresses hold 30% of all mintcoins. And calculating for blackcoin we see the top 28 blackcoin addresses hold 30% of all blackcoins."

HAHA there are some cold hard facts that work against your stance that you just posted yourself. SO, a smaller number of BC addresses hold the same percentage of coin that a larger number of Mintcoin address do... and that is without a premine for BC... in other words, you just confirmed all the assumptions and hand waving I just did above because you just demonstrated that the distribution of mintcoin is better despite the premine..

edit: Thanks! I was too lazy to look at the numbers myself. Looks like my assumptions were at least partially right, though.
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:51:44 AM

How about some charts and facts to back up that little claim of yours :?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
stormia

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:03:28 AM

which gives the highest payout at 20% the first year, then decrease 5% per year until the 4th year it reaches annual interest rate of 5%, then it will remain at this rate.

And I do hope the coding is right and we don't end like DOGE who turned to inflation overnight due to dizzy devs.

The payout is set to 20% for the first year and etc as the post says.. The payout is 20% for all coins put to stake. The point Geode is making is that 100% of the coins are not going to be put to stake because some of them will be circulating so the overall effective payout will be lower than 20%. On the individual level it is still 20% for whatever you put to stake so if you put all your coins to stake then yes, you will get 20% return in the first year. If the entire market put 100% of the coins to stake then the entire market would get a 20% return but that is not going to happen. Does this make sense or is it "too subtle for you?"
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:07:37 AM

The payout is set to 20% for the first year and etc as the post says.. The payout is 20% for all coins put to stake. The point Geode is making is that 100% of the coins are not going to be put to stake because some of them will be circulating so the overall effective payout will be lower than 20%. On the individual level it is still 20% for whatever you put to stake so if you put all your coins to stake then yes, you will get 20% return in the first year. If the entire market put 100% of the coins to stake then the entire market would get a 20% return but that is not going to happen. Does this make sense or is it "too subtle for you?"

Rule nr#1 from the first day on this forum.
Never say never.

Secondary if 20% isn't possible 15% is , and that is still too much. Also is an incentive for people to hoard and not use mint , that can cripple it beyond repair. Not used coin / dead coin.
Talking about free money out of nothing doing nothing.

About the subtle part...you obviously have no clue about irony , so I won't bother. Even more with it coming from a newbie that spend all his post on this thread alone. Wink just like a shill would do.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:09:38 AM

What was the nail in coffin for me with MINT was the fact they put a super shitty logo on the mintcoin subreddit when there were much better ones. I find it fishy that won the community vote when almost everyone complained about it after it was chosen and nothing changed.
Heard of something called democracy?
There had been a vote. The chosen logo won by a large majority. It was a two-round system, using a reverse-indirect voting (the opposite of US presidential election): first-round by professional designers to create shortlist; second round everyone could vote.
http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,340.msg1485.html#msg1485

Intellectual honesty would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

What could prove you right or wrong? Absolutely nothing save official documents (like dev's ID and Mintpal's registration papers)? What's the point arguing on something that cannot be changed, mmh?

Quote from: mr_random link=topic=450381.msg5703173#msg5703173 So i've switched to Blackcoin. It's basically the coin mintcoin should have been imo.[/quote

That's the most interesting part of your comment, indeed. I'd like everyone to give me thoughts about the differences you see between BlackCoin, MintCoin and GhostCoin. Not only the technological differences but how it would impact.
MintCoin ends up being a middle term between BlackCoin and GhostCoin but it also has non-technological specifities.

Comparing Black, Mint and Ghost would be interesting, don't you think so?
(I hold no Ghost and forgot to backup my poorly-funded Blackcoin wallet when I formatted my harddrive to install Manjaro Linux)

stormia

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:15:06 AM

Rule nr#1 from the first day on this forum.
Never say never.

Secondary if 20% isn't possible 15% is , and that is still too much. Also is an incentive for people to hoard and not use mint , that can cripple it beyond repair. Not used coin / dead coin.
Talking about free money out of nothing doing nothing.

About the subtle part...you obviously have no clue about irony , so I won't bother.

Okay, you got me there, I should never say never. I guess that means you can't predict the future either.. soo why are you here spreading FUD?

Also, perhaps I was trying to reuse your use of "irony". Which really wasn't ironic at all- people misuse that word a lot... I would be more akin to calling it sarcasm.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:16:34 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 09:49:23 AM by David Latapie

I lost all faith in this coin when the greedy Mintcoin dev asked for 5 million MINT donation from the community to work on a Mint <-> USD exchange, after he's already received 700 million MINT premine.
He never did and you know it (could someone less tired than me (it is pretty late in my timezone) just find the permalink?) plus, he announced several fiat exchanges on this list.

What I said about intellectual honesty still holds true. You know, since the price is pretty stable, you can still day-trade for mintcoins and be back in the game without bitterness Smiley

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:17:59 AM

Sources? (I believe you, I just would like it backed up by sources).

futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:18:14 AM

Take into account that there are 20 exchanges for mintcoin, and several of those giant wallets are exchange wallets.
Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: