Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:57:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 [514] 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:07:38 PM

reforestation? are you kidding me?
Oh, now you hate trees too? Or do you just hate land being converted to forests? Either way, your comments are very insightful. CLEARLY you are a standup individual. I've stopped ignoring you thisisit - your insight is priceless. Literally, it has no price.

maybe you should read before you reply. i actually own multiple businesses so i know what a "burden" it can be. nevertheless, good luck on it.

i will first see how it goes. especially since reforestation is another coins expertise as well. that coin is low on price currently, but i know they are working on many things as well.

however, i am still feeling like mintcoin is always a step behind. looking too much at other coins...

I feel like you are offering tough, but valid questions. We do need something to put ourselves ahead of the pack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thisisit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:08:37 PM

Will not jump over since my legit questions might be seen as FUD and might get deleted. i dont post to get deleted.

many people over here dont seem to understand that having these legit questions make developers ( and managers ) think about future problems they might encounter.

criticism is good, same goes for greed.

so this public forum is just fine.

any coin that makes me a profit.
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 08:09:37 PM

yes, for fiat currency. i know. but how about the mintcoin transactions. how to provide transparency on that. is it going to be transparent as the premine? also i am amazed by the reforestation thing. that is definately an area of another coin.
Crypto are off-limit if sent as such (which doesn't impede publication, it is just not mandatory). But if cryptos are converted to fiat, it works. Granted, conversion comes with a loss of money (two losses, because I will not use MINT to USD exchange, but MINT to BTC to EUR since the Fund will be in the Eurozone), but it may also increases legitimacy. This is a work-in-progress, inputs welcomed (here http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=400)

Regarding reforesting being another coin's area: it is just a coincidence. We happen to have an interesting scheme here (someone working on this field and able to get a matching contribution). If it have been about helping organic agriculture in South America, it would have been the same.

For those interested, here is the legal framework etc...

http://www.usig.org/countryinfo/france.asp

And below, the specific category unless I'm mistaken.

9. Endowment funds (fonds de dotation)

The endowment fund was established by Law No. 2008-776 of August 4, 2008 on the Modernization of the Economy, but related executive decrees are still pending.

An endowment fund is a not-for-profit legal entity that receives and manages the assets and rights of any kind that are contributed to it freely and irrevocably.

The endowment fund directly pursues a mission of general interest or finances structures that have missions of general interest and can have a fixed or indefinite term.

Founders can be one or more private individuals or legal entities. There is no minimum amount required and no prior administrative authorization needed for the creation of an endowment fund.

An endowment fund can be created as easily as an association. There are no standard models of by-laws to be complied with and no imposed governance. The endowment fund is managed by a board of directors comprised of at least three members.

The endowment fund can receive legacies and donations but cannot receive public funds except as otherwise provided by specific authorization.

Endowment funds benefit from the attractive tax regime applicable to Public Utility Foundations apart from the 2007 Law on Work, Employment and Purchasing Power or "TEPA Law" provisions (See Section V below for more information).

As of October 2011, over 600 endowment funds have been set up in a wide variety of sectors (environment, culture, social issues, etc.) over an approximately two-year period.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 08:11:40 PM

however, i am still feeling like mintcoin is always a step behind. looking too much at other coins...
Well, Blackcoins is said to be "a clone of mintcoin". It doesn't seem to damage it much:)
Second, a legally registered foundation is not that common. Definitely not a prime (think bitcoin), but still
Finally, being the first is not enough (eGold and microcents were there before bitcoin, EDO-RAM was there before SDRAM). It does give an edge but just that: an edge.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 08:14:11 PM

Will not jump over since my legit questions might be seen as FUD and might get deleted. i dont post to get deleted.

many people over here dont seem to understand that having these legit questions make developers ( and managers ) think about future problems they might encounter.

Agreed, keep the discussion public. This allows everyone to have a voice without the possibility of censorship (which ultimately happens on a private forum when the tough questions get asked).
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 08:18:03 PM

There is nothing I can say to prove you wrong, so I won't. Ultimately, what I want is maximum exposure for Mintcoin. Which forum, webpage, social network... is secondary. The community will decide, even though I believe having an active official forum helps in getting more legitimacy (being on a "borrowed forum" is not a mark of being serious, if you ask me).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:18:48 PM

agreed
thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:19:05 PM

Well, Blackcoins is said to be "a clone of mintcoin". It doesn't seem to damage it much:)
Second, a legally registered foundation is not that common. Definitely not a prime (think bitcoin), but still
Finally, being the first is not enough (eGold and microcents were there before bitcoin, EDO-RAM was there before SDRAM). It does give an edge but just that: an edge.

about the edge; i am looking into mintcoin to see if i can determine "longterm value". problem is; i do not find anything that hasnt been done before. if you look at the top 5 coins ( marketcap ) then these coins all have an "innovative" factor in them. ofcourse, implementation is key as well. but i cannot put a price tag on mintcoin currently. this holds me back.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 08:23:07 PM

about the edge; i am looking into mintcoin to see if i can determine "longterm value". problem is; i do not find anything that hasnt been done before. if you look at the top 5 coins ( marketcap ) then these coins all have an "innovative" factor in them. i worry about mintcoin because of the "copied" things. ofcourse, implementation is key as well. but i cannot put a price tag on mintcoin currently. this holds me back.
If that can help, here are my calculation (confirmation bias is always an issue, of course)
500+ pages community (nothing like the 2500+ pages for NXT, but still better than most)
Actual merchant adoption (26, raising daily)
Committed community (the stop sell at 11)
A goal beyond money-making (contrary to blackcoins)

I don't say this is enough (or not enough). I just say this is what I am seeing.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 08:24:59 PM

For those interested, here is the legal framework etc...

http://www.usig.org/countryinfo/france.asp
Thanks for these link! It will prove useful for another unrelated endowment with international participation I'm in.

thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:27:45 PM

i am going to leave for today. we will see how it goes. when i see option to at least 200% increase short/middlelong term i will buy in. for now: no.

deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:35:23 PM

I'd like to see some monies given to groups given to non profit groups researching alternative energy sources. Better solar panels, etc.. I'll see what I can dig up and post at mintcointalk.com when I get some time.

\
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 09:49:52 PM

Details of the first project that we plan to finance with the Mintcoin Fund: Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforesation
Project F Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforesation

We have already done about 13 acres. This is an extraordinary amount of work and I would need support of the Mintcoin Fund in order to expand this project. It is possible that I can work with other foresters that wish to participate on other properties (10,000+ acres) long-term.
(read more)

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:00:16 PM

Details of the first project that we plan to finance with the Mintcoin Fund: Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforesation
Project F Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforesation

We have already done about 13 acres. This is an extraordinary amount of work and I would need support of the Mintcoin Fund in order to expand this project. It is possible that I can work with other foresters that wish to participate on other properties (10,000+ acres) long-term.
(read more)

get me pictures of the reforestation efforts and more details and ill do a story on it
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:01:56 PM

get me pictures of the reforestation efforts and more details and ill do a story on it
Follow the link and you will get them Smiley

You can post on mintcoin-central.com. Send me your email address with a PM

tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:38:44 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 10:48:58 PM by tokyopotato

Project F Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforestation

(read more)

I can get you some pictures but it will take time because we have halted planting so far because of the drought and I am not in Sonoma right now.  I am in San Diego currently for another month until I return for a summer work project.  We just finished a 6 month pruning/thinning project of Ponderosa Pine trees, Redwoods, and Douglas Fir trees.  This is for fire prevention and healthy growth.  The planting season typically is in the fall/winter/spring depending on rainfall.  We are beyond the rainy season now and as many people know, California is in the worst drought in over 100 years right now.  So, nearly every reforestation project is on hold in Northern California at the moment.  But there are big plans for next season as it is believed there will be an El Niño cycle forming which will bring heavy rains next winter.

The 13 acres that has already been planted and grown was through private/govt partnership and it has been an experiment.  Reforestation on this level is actually a very new thing and scientists are only beginning to understand the best ways to do it.  Going forward, we have over 100+ acres that can be planted on the current properties under existing Forest Management Plans.  But we will need funding for this and I can work on getting the funding matched by the government, usually 50%.

These Forest Management Plans are long-term plans (25+ years) that seek to expand the native Coast Redwood and Douglas Fir species of trees.

If you go to the link, you can see a few pictures that I took 1 month ago.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,401.0/topicseen.html
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:45:52 PM

I can get you some pictures but it will take time because we have halted planting so far because of the drought and I am not in Sonoma right now.  I am in San Diego currently for another month until I return for a summer work project.  We just finished a 6 month pruning/thinning project of Ponderosa Pine trees, Redwoods, and Douglas Fir trees.  This is for fire prevention and healthy growth.  The planting season typically is in the fall/winter.  We are beyond the rainy season now and as many people know, California is in the worst drought in over 100 years right now.  So, nearly every reforestation project is on hold in Northern California at the moment.  But there are big plans for next season as it is believed there will be an El Niño cycle forming which will bring heavy rains next winter.

The 13 acres that has already been planted and grown was through private/govt partnership and it has been an experiment.  Reforestation on this level is actually a very new thing and scientists are only beginning to understand the best ways to do it.  Going forward, we have over 100+ acres that can be planted on the current properties under existing Forest Management Plans.  But we will need funding for this and I can work on getting the funding matched by the government, usually 50%.

These Forest Management Plans are long-term plans (25+ years) that seek to expand the native Coast Redwood and Douglas Fir species of trees.

If you go to the link, you can see a few pictures that I took 1 month ago.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,401.0/topicseen.html
It already makes for quite a post already. Thank Patrick.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 11:11:08 PM

Hi everyone,

So far, I can run the things by myself, but I know myself: it won't be long before I need to delegate.

I don't know yet what I will to delegate, so this is not a call for action (yet).
But there is one thing I need: in order for the Endowment fund to be registered, I'll need two other persons (minimum is three persons). It can be anyone (I prefer to avoid minors), even a corporation.
What will be required: commitment.

PM me for candidacy.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 11:14:20 PM

Who volunteers for handling daily maintenance on mintcoin.cc? One aspect of it will be to deal with updating translations (we have several one incoming).

Thanks.

rlm42

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:12:33 AM

Is Mint coin associated with Mintpal at all ? If not then i seriously think they should make some sort of deal.. Mintpal is growing to be one the best exchanges, and if it's official currency is MINT then it will do the coin all sorts of good. I honestly thought it was before someone here said it wasn't.
Pages: « 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 [514] 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: