Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:13:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
chromosoma

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:58:46 PM

I wait until  '30.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luuupooo

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:01:08 PM

nice short article:

http://cryptocoinupdates.com/innovative-altcoins-of-2014-mint-air-hvc/
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:04:30 PM

I might have found a bug (I am trying to find out why seemingly only one small part of my coins are used for minting. That's when I found this.)

When I go into the console, and type

listaccounts  or
getbalance "accountname"

then the balances I get are not the balances
but some other number.

Example: Look at this address
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/address/MfAs6pvNE1NWj9ddyaikW4gsDxsexBF3Vp

listaccounts  or
getbalance "accountname"

does not show  1440.394655
 but instead it says 1424.418765

- WHICH WAS THE BALANCE, BUT ONE MONTH AGO!

Some of my other addresses show similiar behaviour, in general, the shown balance is too high.

This address was successfully used for minting once:
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/tx/d590229e77acccb24270cf65e7acb261fde00ea280483971c8891fe24e3339c6

(Please quote/PM me when you answer, so that I can use search. I can impossibly read this whole forum noise.)

Please goto mintcoin.cc and goto forum and post in the Support Centre section.  They are great at responding to issues there  http://www.mintcointalk.com/
thisisit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:05:05 PM

dump will be inevitable... it will happen eventually. you can stall it by not putting up too high volume buys @ 15,16,17
How is the other coin?

which one of the 100+?

any coin that makes me a profit.
Crindon

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:34:07 PM

Nice article. Thanks for posting. Definitely, Mintcoin is the best one yet. Can't wait to see how much stronger this coin will be next month. A new month, a new beginning, a new triumph for MINT. The multipools are good for improving distribution to a greater audience, if not the price.
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1438
Merit: 1161

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:34:10 PM

Mintcoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Mintcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

MazFPPCdT28dAsahqE9TyhD5WmDctbV9iz

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:34:23 PM

Lol at the person placing 6 micro orders at 16 after someone buy 6 mil at 17 Roll Eyes

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:35:59 PM

Mintcoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Mintcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

MazFPPCdT28dAsahqE9TyhD5WmDctbV9iz

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.

I hope you're not actually making money off this scam. You want us to give you money and be an editor...hilarious.

\
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1438
Merit: 1161

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:37:33 PM

It's not a scam, this book is coming on nicely Cheesy

I am putting in many hours per week in order to create a book which will allow the idea of cryptocurrency to reach a wider audience in the UK and worldwide.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:38:44 PM

It may not be a scam, but definitely SPAM!!

\
buddynuno

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:00:14 PM

this raise is because the news about the multipool

Ok. So now we are going to have every coin doing a multipool like Blackcoin did?

If every other POW coin is going to setup a multipool then this is going to become a multipools endless war till another innovation come up to stop these!!! Not to even think that after we have dozens more multipool draining the life of other coins there is come a point it there won't be any coins to mine to sustain the market for Mintcoin or any other coin that relies on that multipool to be kept alive!!!
Unless we have tens of thounsend new people coming to cryptocurrencies but with that more coins going to pop out everyday like cherries!!!
We are going to have probably a coin named for every single thing in existance in the universe  Grin

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
mcg

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:40:23 PM

dump will be inevitable... it will happen eventually. you can stall it by not putting up too high volume buys @ 15,16,17
How is the other coin?

not so great in terms of price... but working on many things Smiley
-CryptoGuy-

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:54:11 PM

While I do believe in MintCoin, I do believe some of us need to get a grip on reality and just KNOW the chances of this coin heading north of a dollar, or heck even a quarter are quite slim.

However,  This coin does have the properties and features to differentiate itself from most of the other cryptojunk "currencies" (as I affectionately call them) that are out there at this time.  So I do believe this coin will start to gain sme traction and rise in value.  So there definitely is the possibility of making money, and good money at that.  But the chances of someone here becoming a billionaire off of this coin is well, quite stupid to be blunt about it.  We already know  millionaires are possible though! If even only a couple of us.

Dont get me wrong - I pray like hell I'm wrong and wake up one day to see the coins I have in cold storage on a few drives are suddenly worth a million bucks, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.  (though with that statement I have to say this is the only coin I wasn't able to do that with because of the whole minting thing)

I can't wait to see where we end up though, that's for sure!

Cant wait for the "expert opinion from a guy with 3 posts" type comments.... Tongue  I'm just basically asking for people to be a little more realistic at times.  Otherwise when people do research to see if this is something they want to pursue, when they come across posts that sound like they started somewhere along the lines of "Star light, star bright..." - they are just going to blow us off as a joke.  And while we can say, well then its their loss - they are the dumb ones for not investing.... yada yada yada.... lets face it folks... their money and buying into things is just as effective as yours!  And their willingness to buy at whatever price because they have not yet learned to look for the right things as a season cryptojunkie might just help when your waiting for the next opportune time to buy.  At the end of the day - we need as much money into a given market/coin to get things going in the right direction, gain more and more traction and popularity to take whatever coin it is that the public decides is "the one" to that global financial solution.  And lets face it - I dont think Bitcoin is it, and who knows if "that coin" has even been created yet.  

But I do think something like MintCoin is going to be that solution Mining something like Bitcoin is just not going to be "it".  Look at the power useage.  Lets not even get started on the storage of the blockchain 5 years from now or if it was really and seriously adopted on a global scale.  I still think the blockchain itself is what needs the work to make it all work.  I dont know if some form of centralization is ultimately going to be the pill we have to swallow - even if it is "owned" on a cooperative basis so its not one person or entity that owns it - but an entire population of people to keep that independent from the government and big banks feeing still fully intact.

Done ranting, and sorry if it sounds like it doesn't belong here.  But I do believe it is something that needs to be said here because of the dreaming I often read around here.

Here's to hopin'!!!

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:07:37 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 10:03:30 PM by porcupine87

Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintcoin over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:10:18 PM

While I do believe in MintCoin, I do believe some of us need to get a grip on reality and just KNOW the chances of this coin heading north of a dollar, or heck even a quarter are quite slim.

However,  This coin does have the properties and features to differentiate itself from most of the other cryptojunk "currencies" (as I affectionately call them) that are out there at this time.  So I do believe this coin will start to gain sme traction and rise in value.  So there definitely is the possibility of making money, and good money at that.  But the chances of someone here becoming a billionaire off of this coin is well, quite stupid to be blunt about it.  We already know  millionaires are possible though! If even only a couple of us.

Dont get me wrong - I pray like hell I'm wrong and wake up one day to see the coins I have in cold storage on a few drives are suddenly worth a million bucks, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.  (though with that statement I have to say this is the only coin I wasn't able to do that with because of the whole minting thing)

Cant wait for the "expert opinion from a guy with 3 posts" type comments.... Tongue  I'm just basically asking for people to be a little more realistic at times.  Otherwise when people do research to see if this is something they want to pursue, when they come across posts that sound like they started somewhere along the lines of "Star light, star bright..." - they are just going to blow us off as a joke.  And while we can say, well then its their loss - they are the dumb ones for not investing.... yada yada yada.... lets face it folks... their money and buying into things is just as effective as yours!  And their willingness to buy at whatever price because they have not yet learned to look for the right things as a season cryptojunkie might just help when your waiting for the next opportune time to buy.  At the end of the day - we need as much money into a given market/coin to get things going in the right direction, gain more and more traction and popularity to take whatever coin it is that the public decides is "the one" to that global financial solution.  And lets face it - I dont think Bitcoin is it, and who knows if "that coin" has even been created yet.  

But I do think something like MintCoin is going to be that solution Mining something like Bitcoin is just not going to be "it".  Look at the power useage.  Lets not even get started on the storage of the blockchain 5 years from now or if it was really and seriously adopted on a global scale.  I still think the blockchain itself is what needs the work to make it all work.  I dont know if some form of centralization is ultimately going to be the pill we have to swallow - even if it is "owned" on a cooperative basis so its not one person or entity that owns it - but an entire population of people to keep that independent from the government and big banks feeing still fully intact.

Done ranting, and sorry if it sounds like it doesn't belong here.  But I do believe it is something that needs to be said here because of the dreaming I often read around here.

Here's to hopin'!!!

People can talk about price all day but it's the people who are actually creating services and growing the community that help the price to increase.
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:11:33 PM

Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintpal over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Psychologically, would you rather have 1% interest annually or 20%? It's Mintcoin not Mintpal, I'm sure it's just a mental slip up.
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

Here's to hopin'!!!

You bring many good points. At least I think so, because it is very similar to what i think.  Smiley
Crindon

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:49:44 PM

Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintpal over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Mintcoin gives 20% interest in the first year, then 15%, then 10%, then 5% for subsequent years. Blackcoin gives 1%. Mintcoin has a much stronger community and infrastructure and continues to grow and improve. Psychologically, Mintcoin is a much better coin because of the name and greenness associated with it. It sounds legitimate. Many members have remarked that their girlfriend/wives didn't like altcoins, but wanted to get involved with Mintcoin. I don't like the sound of Blackcoin because it seems to be associated with the Black Market. I am not saying that it is involved, just that it sounds like it. Mintcoin also has a nice gustatory association to it that plays well psychologically and I believe this helps people come onboard with Mintcoin more than others.
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:20:39 PM

Vault of Satoshi has just announced that Mintcoin will be added in April along with some other coins.

They are also going to be adding coin to coin trading to eliminate the going through BTC step...this is all great news
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:22:51 PM

How is the other coin?

not so great in terms of price... but working on many things Smiley

Leafcoin, was my first coin  Cheesy  I've recently seen the price rise a little. Would buy a few million leafs when I get the chance.

Pages: « 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: