Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369738 times)
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:25:05 AM

Isn't blackcoin against NobleCoin, and Mintcoin, and basically every other coin it perceives as competition (all coins)?

No, not really, don't get caught up in this false dilemma.
You might get this picture, but this is a smokescreen.

Coins are currencies and as such they are financial tools.
It is up to the user to make good use of the available tools.

Obviously some tools are better than others,
but the myCoin vs yourCoin attitude comes from the devteams and the users should not get carried away.

but at times before a pump/ dump the BC community does get carried away and come here to manipulate people into selling mint and buying bc
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Xman

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:27:26 AM

Hashstrike is starting to be scary big, spread some hash to other pools ! No matter which pools, we dont want to have 50% pool.

Other then that, lets get some more attention to mint ! Anyone who has an idea please share, i am voting everywhere, liking, sharing, anything i can think of. Lets do some support and get mint to da moooooon

NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:13925608266698141013
NXt:NXT-SAFM-US3J-PZGR-46T6P
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:28:36 AM

Hashstrike is starting to be scary big, spread some hash to other pools ! No matter which pools, we dont want to have 50% pool.

Other then that, lets get some more attention to mint ! Anyone who has an idea please share, i am voting everywhere, liking, sharing, anything i can think of. Lets do some support and get mint to da moooooon

We don't have to worry about 51% hash power. Not sure what you're talking about.
Miner232432

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:40:46 AM

Says the guy with only Blackcoin in his sig.... If this project is to be initially funded and spearheaded by the Mintcoin premine and community, then the primary goal of the project should be to advance Mintcoin along side the humanitarian/environmental cause. If we want to form a coalition between multiple coins where all the coins are to be treated equally and given the same priority, then it will need to be formed by equal contributions from all of the coins involved. Blackcoin should not be allowed to ride the waves of our premine that it has always had so much fun defaming mintcoin with.

Such animosity towards Blackcoin, I care not for BC only it's value so I can make money from it so don't judge someones comments from what they have in their signature, really can you be more ignorant and judgemental?

If Mint goes solo with this idea then it will be doing nothing new or innovative and it will be an incredibly and time consuming project with little reward. One only needs look at Noble and the efforts the Dev and community goes to for such little reward to see how difficult this path is whilst keeping their moral integrity and never selling themselves out

If however the project is truly for a humanitarian cause then all ties to coins should be put aside and the only objective being to further the humanitarian objectives regardless of the coins involved and no consider for financial gain for a coin at all unless that financial gain serves to enhance the humanitarian goals! This is about charity, not business equal contributions should not matter.

And I'm sure if you asked Noble's dev Rofo about this project he would either be happy to join onboard in a coalition or at least offer some help to point you in the right direction because it's no easy task

I am blunt, don't like it ? Too bad
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:41:43 AM

deadmanwalking,

I was very disappointed by the attitude of the blackcoin forumers. Nothing exist beyond their dear coin. Now I understand better communautarism. And this is fortunate I make the experience now and not ten years before when I was not psychologically prepared to such a petty mentality.

I also note that you neither understand rhetoric. Or maybe that was just me being not clear enough. When I say something like "I don't care about mintcoin", I thought everyone understood this is a rhetorical formula! Is is that difficult to understand?

Rhetorics 101: to arrange words and sentence in such a way that it will make an impact on the listener/reader, who will better remember the message (the message here being: "Strenght in Unity").

I've not been paid out to do a job. I volunteered to do a job and then I got a reward after that. This was a gift, not a payment, I never asked for anything and there was not bounty attached to it. I do this because I like it, not because I am being paid (plus, the reward was the equivalent of 30 euros. I do this in less than one day so if I was doing this for money, I would have left long ago - no, I would not even have accepted).

Now if you excuse me, I have a foundation to set up. And since blackcoin has such a communautarist mentality, that will be a mintcoin foundation. The good news is that I won't have to change the bylaws.

Well, as far as we here in the Western hemisphere think, what you said regarding not caring about Mintcoin, raised a lot of what we refer to as "Red Flags". I'm still sitting here trying to figure out if your account has been hacked, or your little brother has gained access to your computer while your watching a TV show or something.

Posting such "Rhetorical" things in such an open and widely viewed forum causes a lot of FUD to a lot of people, and may not be a good idea. Think about the fact that I, as well as others have sent people here to this forum to help them better understand exactly what Mintcoin is about, and what Mintcoin is doing. Then they see that post, and their impression of Mintcoin is not going to be a good one.

As far as having other coins involved with the Mint Fund, I'm not to keen on that idea. I think the best way to handle something like that, is once the Fund is up and running, and projects are announced, then, and only then we can contact other coins and offer them the ability to donate to the fund for said project, and give them widespread acknowledgement of their involvement as well. This will keep Mintcoin on the same road it started out on, and as things move forward other coins will see that Mintcoin is not just another flavor of the week, and their communities will almost certainly want to get involved with OUR Fund, as long as they get the recognition they would deserve for contributing.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:44:45 AM

Isn't blackcoin against NobleCoin, and Mintcoin, and basically every other coin it perceives as competition (all coins)? This is the feeling I have gotten from spending time on all of these forums. I like the idea of working with other coins, and I have been trying to quell some of the hostility between mintcoin and blackcoin myself. But, the blackcoin community hasn't expressed any desire to work with any other coin- quite the opposite they are always talking about destroying all the coins in their path, and how much better they are than every other coin. And they've also never expressed any desire to take an environmental or humanitarian position.
I did not notice any "me against all" attitude before 30 minutes ago (I read the noblecoin quote too by this time). But the way they are acting so childishly (really, I have no other word; I know it only account for a part of them of course) makes me sick.

I am an active proponent of cryptocurrencies. Yesterday I was giving a conference to major bank regarding the importance of bitcoin and I also talked about mintcoin. I learnt a long time ago that wealth come from diversity - I used to have NXT too, but I sold them because I needed some cash to pay back my early misfortunes. I am used to talk with really smart people, full of world-changing ideas. I am a bit like Baudelaire's albatross when I see this kind of attitude. I am shocked and... well, sad. Sad for them.

but the myCoin vs yourCoin attitude comes from the devteams and the users should not get carried away.
Finally a wise sentence! I will go to bed smiling. Merci !

Posting such "Rhetorical" things in such an open and widely viewed forum causes a lot of FUD to a lot of people, and may not be a good idea. Think about the fact that I, as well as others have sent people here to this forum to help them better understand exactly what Mintcoin is about, and what Mintcoin is doing. Then they see that post, and their impression of Mintcoin is not going to be a good one.
Alright, so that must be me. What I really meant is: what matter is not the currency, it is what we are doing with it. I will update my initial post.

As far as having other coins involved with the Mint Fund, I'm not to keen on that idea. I think the best way to handle something like that, is once the Fund is up and running, and projects are announced, then, and only then we can contact other coins and offer them the ability to donate to the fund for said project, and give them widespread acknowledgement of their involvement as well. This will keep Mintcoin on the same road it started out on, and as things move forward other coins will see that Mintcoin is not just another flavor of the week, and their communities will almost certainly want to get involved with OUR Fund, as long as they get the recognition they would deserve for contributing.
Yes, that was my idea, but I just gave the whole speech to early.

First create, then consolidate, finally extend.

I'm psychologically exhausted. Good night. And thank you.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
gonzoucab

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:57:16 AM

We need an ideological manifest for the fundation
Good idea. I propose a collaborative writing here: Mintcoin Fund Manifesto
On it!
hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:58:27 AM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/MINT

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 02:08:25 AM

On it!
Are you as excited as I am! That will be great!

Bonne nuit (good night)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:17:10 AM

Now if you excuse me, I have a foundation to set up. And since blackcoin has such a communautarist mentality, that will be a mintcoin foundation. The good news is that I won't have to change the bylaws.
David, I've already said my says, gotten over my initial disappointment, and am trying to work through your points logically. I am stuck on this word communautarist. The best I can find online in english is separatist. So is you statement saying that the blackcoin community want to isolate themselves? Or be a community and be more social? I don't know which - I haven't explored anything about blackcoin at all to date.
Thanks!

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
needajp

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:19:06 AM

I also vote to keeping Project F for Mintcoin development only.
I have nothing against other altcoins but the proposed change in the Foundation sounds like it's to benefit other coins at the cost of Mint's pre-mine, which we are constantly being put in bad light for having. This is sure to bring on doubts from the Mintcoin community as to what ulterior motives are behind such change of mind.
Other altcoin communities need to come up with their own initiatives, much like we did despite all the trolls and collapsing of the coin value. We held on during the hard times and thanks to such a great community we are starting to see some positive returns.
gonzoucab

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:19:31 AM

On it!
Are you as excited as I am! That will be great!

Bonne nuit (good night)
[/quote]

I told you, im 1.000%  working on helping cryptocurrency get to the people.
All my work now is crypto related, im raising funds to make an incubator of this tech on Venezuela. Mining and services related.

And i Love mint cuz i now was a fair coin, im minting since block 250 never have an issue with the coin, its the only coin i know that have nerver forked!
is a beauty piece of software.

im here to serve and to help.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:22:14 AM

David, I've already said my says, gotten over my initial disappointment, and am trying to work through your points logically. I am stuck on this word communautarist. The best I can find online in english is separatist. So is you statement saying that the blackcoin community want to isolate themselves? Or be a community and be more social? I don't know which - I haven't explored anything about blackcoin at all to date.
Thanks!

communitarian in english, i believe is the term he is looking for
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:28:00 AM

Thanks!

communitarian in english, i believe is the term he is looking for
Weird, then I'm even more confused about that sentence. If they are 'community like' then why the assertion it WOULD be a Mintcoin foundation, using communautarist as a reason for it?
AHHH! I just want to understand. I could break down and read Blackcoin rhetoric. I have nothing against any individual coin, per se, I just like Mintcoin a lot.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:33:26 AM

I don't really understand the rationale behind using MINT funding for a fund that is for anything other than promoting MINT myself.

I think he got a little carried away with the idea without really thinking it out carefully. 
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 02:40:35 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 12:02:26 PM by David Latapie

Mercenaries. No deontology. I believe they are building up a reputation of ruthless parasites. That may backlash very fast.

As a reminder, humanity started to live longer once it decided to take care of old people (this was paleolithic, so old meant 30 years old). There is moral in this. Ruthlessness has a cost. Killing Noble will give a bad reputation.

stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:46:16 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 02:57:38 AM by stormia

Says the guy with only Blackcoin in his sig.... If this project is to be initially funded and spearheaded by the Mintcoin premine and community, then the primary goal of the project should be to advance Mintcoin along side the humanitarian/environmental cause. If we want to form a coalition between multiple coins where all the coins are to be treated equally and given the same priority, then it will need to be formed by equal contributions from all of the coins involved. Blackcoin should not be allowed to ride the waves of our premine that it has always had so much fun defaming mintcoin with.

Such animosity towards Blackcoin, I care not for BC only it's value so I can make money from it so don't judge someones comments from what they have in their signature, really can you be more ignorant and judgemental?

If Mint goes solo with this idea then it will be doing nothing new or innovative and it will be an incredibly and time consuming project with little reward. One only needs look at Noble and the efforts the Dev and community goes to for such little reward to see how difficult this path is whilst keeping their moral integrity and never selling themselves out

If however the project is truly for a humanitarian cause then all ties to coins should be put aside and the only objective being to further the humanitarian objectives regardless of the coins involved and no consider for financial gain for a coin at all unless that financial gain serves to enhance the humanitarian goals! This is about charity, not business equal contributions should not matter.

And I'm sure if you asked Noble's dev Rofo about this project he would either be happy to join onboard in a coalition or at least offer some help to point you in the right direction because it's no easy task

Perhaps you should re-read my comment and every comment I've ever made about BC on this thread or another, I hope you will see that the only animosity I have for Blackcoin stems from the fact that they have always had a hostile attitude towards Mintcoin. I am a supporter of both and I want to see them both succeed. I think the idea of coins working together towards a humanitarian cause is an amazing idea (it has always been a single coin in the past doing it for their own PR). This is what I am trying to say: if we want to form a coalition of coins (which is a great idea) it should not be centered around one coin and likewise it should not be funded by or the responsibility of primarily one coin. It should have its own thread, not associated with any particular coin. Otherwise, if Mintcoin is going to be the one responsible for funding and founding it- then clearly Mintcoin should be compensated for those efforts (it would only be fair).  And I am sorry, no matter what the circumstances I have a very hard time wrapping my head around Blackcoin benefiting from the Mintcoin premine after how much they have bashed it and potentially benefited from the slander by using it to convince people to buy into bc instead of mint (it would be beyond hypocritical). I am sure NobleCoin would be all for this cause, their motives seem very aligned with this idea. On the other hand, blackcoin's motives do not seem very aligned in any way (aside from the possibility of profit, I'm sure that is aligned with their motives and everybody's motives). They are currently purposely eating up coins like Noblecoin so that they can make theirs more valuable, and they seem to love it (yes I know Mint has a multipool too, but we don't gloat about how it is absorbing/killing other coins).
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 02:46:28 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 12:03:18 PM by David Latapie

Thanks!
Well, I've got over my initial disappointment but not toward you (or the mintoin community). Look my previous post, I guess you'll understand against whom it is targeted.
Back to linguistics. I'm afraid I used a French word without much thought about what it could mean in English. "Communautarisme" in French is a pejorative word for people who don't want to mix with other, to the point of xenophobia, disdain or outright violence (including verbal violence). It seems the correct word in English is communitarianism.
What I meant is that I find their "you are either with us or against us" despicable. It is called black for a reason. The colour of the heart, and of pirate flag.

I am certainly overdoing it here. But not that much.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 02:49:20 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 12:03:54 PM by David Latapie

I think he got a little carried away with the idea without really thinking it out carefully.
Ther is a bit of that. My way of working is: when I see great people, I try to make them work together, because 1+1=3. Unfortunately, there are times when it cannot work. I truly believe than BC's massive firepower and mintcoin's ideal could mix well, I sincerely did.

Anyway, we are working on the mintcoin manifesto atm. I won't be available tomorrow evening.

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:51:58 AM

hey is anyone else having this issue - when I try to start batch files for hashco.ws it takes a reaaallly long time before they start mining. Like it will just hang there with the one line of text saying cgminer started or whatever but it won't start mining for... literally maybe 1-2 minutes. Sometimes it won't start at all and I have to close it, run the batch file, wait, close it, try again.... is this happening to anyone else?

If I run my other batch files for different pools they all start up and begin mining within seconds.
Pages: « 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: