Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:29:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:48:13 AM

Do we have an ETA for the android wallet? Also, do we know what features it will support (ie will you be able to mint coins with it or just spend them, will you be able to use a private key with it, etc etc?)

Thanks!

Its prob cloned off of litecoinj or
bitcoinj .. and will provide you ability to spend
but not mine. You can back up your wallet and restore etc.. but if its not done properly you will constantly have to redownload the blockchain from last checkpoint to sync you balance..

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story
Code it so it can be private and not open source and I'll throw in 50,000 Mintcoins

Why not open source? What are you thinking?

It takes 2 weeks of work.. so 3.5 btc is going rate.

Could be more if pos needs to be implemented in Java.. if its just for spending thats the rate.

Just a thought:

I don't think that most people would want to put large amounts of Mintcoins on their mobile phones for minting; that just does not sound safe at all. The mobile app probably does not need to have PoS capability, but good enough to receive and send smaller transactions, the sort of thing you could go to a bar and pay for a beer with, but not be worried about having your phone stolen with millions of coins on it.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:52:51 AM

Do we have an ETA for the android wallet? Also, do we know what features it will support (ie will you be able to mint coins with it or just spend them, will you be able to use a private key with it, etc etc?)

Thanks!

but not mine. You can back up your wallet and restore etc.. but if its not done properly you will constantly have to redownload the blockchain from last checkpoint to sync you balance..

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story
Code it so it can be private and not open source and I'll throw in 50,000 Mintcoins

Could be more if pos needs to be implemented in Java.. if its just for spending thats the rate.

Just a thought:

I don't think that most people would want to put large amounts of Mintcoins on their mobile phones for minting; that just does not sound safe at all. The mobile app probably does not need to have PoS capability, but good enough to receive and send smaller transactions, the sort of thing you could go to a bar and pay for a beer with, but not be worried about having your phone stolen with millions of coins on it.

Its as safe as qt wallet.. It works nice.. spends start after 100 confirmations.. the benefit of this wallet is that you only need to download blockchain from today on.. and can use qr code for point of sales.. backup your wallet and transfer via nfc for sending coins offline.

Im sure if it wasnt safe btc wallet would have been hacked by now.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Build it for iphone...I don't think anyone is working on that yet.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
bigchirv

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:12:42 AM

Thanks!

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story

Just a thought:

Its as safe as qt wallet.. It works nice.. spends start after 100 confirmations.. the benefit of this wallet is that you only need to download blockchain from today on.. and can use qr code for point of sales.. backup your wallet and transfer via nfc for sending coins offline.

Guys,

How to create a *Coin Android Wallet: http://www.hashengineeringsolutions.com/create-an-android-wallet/ <-- A little bit cryptic, but a good start point.

Anybody with experience on Android Apps can complete the task. The code is well documented and looks fine to me (I did a diff between both Github projects listed on that page and their parent projects and it looks OK to go).

As a matter of fact, the owner of those Github repos also does wallets on request. We might want to talk to him to see if we can get an arrangement.

Your call, people.

P.D.: I also think that have mining on our mobile phones would be wasteful since a) eats CPU so b) burns out the mobile's battery. Finally c) the mobile wallets are not meant to hold huge amounts of coins. Imagine anyone on the top 100 of the MintCoin rich list holding all his/her stash on their phone and suddenly going to the bathroom, then accidentally makes the device swim into the toilet. Or worst, theft. I know there's a lot of people that would say "you have to backup your wallet regularly" but in real life at least 80% of us human beings don't do backups as often as we should.

So my humble recommendation is: lets follow the KISS principle and ditch the mining-on-the-mobile-phone idea. A wallet that can hold the MINTs to spend is just enough.
sia331

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:14:47 AM

yeah, time to buy up cheap! Smiley

Now is a good time to buy it, the price is so low, we can go to invest it!
 Smiley
sia331

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:16:32 AM

how many MINT were dumped today? looks like a lot

Even if a lot of today will not rise, but in tomorrow or the day after tomorrow is up a lot of!
 Smiley Smiley
bigchirv

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:30:56 AM

Build it for iphone...I don't think anyone is working on that yet.

This is more a political issue than a technological one. Apple just bans apps that work with cryptocoins. Until they change their policy there's nothing we can do (except maybe a boycott). Smiley
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:32:13 AM

Guys,

How to create a *Coin Android Wallet: http://www.hashengineeringsolutions.com/create-an-android-wallet/ <-- A little bit cryptic, but a good start point.

Anybody with experience on Android Apps can complete the task. The code is well documented and looks fine to me (I did a diff between both Github projects listed on that page and their parent projects and it looks OK to go).

As a matter of fact, the owner of those Github repos also does wallets on request. We might want to talk to him to see if we can get an arrangement.

Your call, people.

P.D.: I also think that have mining on our mobile phones would be wasteful since a) eats CPU so b) burns out the mobile's battery. Finally c) the mobile wallets are not meant to hold huge amounts of coins. Imagine anyone on the top 100 of the MintCoin rich list holding all his/her stash on their phone and suddenly going to the bathroom, then accidentally makes the device swim into the toilet. Or worst, theft. I know there's a lot of people that would say "you have to backup your wallet regularly" but in real life at least 80% of us human beings don't do backups as often as we should.

So my humble recommendation is: lets follow the KISS principle and ditch the mining-on-the-mobile-phone idea. A wallet that can hold the MINTs to spend is just enough.

Very good reasoning.
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:37:23 AM

I also agree no minting needed on the phone.

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:40:34 AM

Vault of Satoshi making some sort of big announcement tomorrow: https://twitter.com/vaultofsatoshi

They can't do it today because of April fools  Wink 

\
ellave

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:40:50 AM

So i've had about 48 hours on hashco.ws, seems like 20000 coins per 1mhs which even if we would get 20sat for them is only 0.004.  Is the payout usually that poor?
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:44:31 AM

So i've had about 48 hours on hashco.ws, seems like 20000 coins per 1mhs which even if we would get 20sat for them is only 0.004.  Is the payout usually that poor?

It would be good for people to post their payouts. How much do you make if you mine on your own?

\
ellave

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:51:42 AM

It would be good for people to post their payouts. How much do you make if you mine on your own?

Well you would hope to get something similar to the multipools, which these days is about 0.0065 - 0005 http://poolpicker.eu/
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:53:26 AM

Thanks!

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story

Just a thought:

Guys,

Your call, people.

I have a number of friends that all they use are "Android Tablets" no desktop PC or laptops. One was very disappointed was couldn't get a wallet for Mint on her tablet and wanted to know what she could do to get Mintcoins on her tablet. There are many many people like this throughout the world who just don't have desktop PC's or laptops. They either have Android, Apple or Windows, we already have wallets that will work on the Apple and Windows tablets.....we desperately need a Minting Wallet for the Android.

We all have to remember that cell phones are not the only thing out there that is Android.

Now a question I'll probably get laughed at for asking....Has there been, or will there ever be crypto wallets made for Blackberries?
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:55:25 AM

Well you would hope to get something similar to the multipools, which these days is about 0.0065 - 0005 http://poolpicker.eu/

I wonder if there isn't just some layover that you haven't been paid yet. Try to give it 5 days or so. Remember that the more people that mine, the bigger the buy. This helps drive up the price of Mint making it more valuable for everyone. You might win one of the 3 prizes too.

\
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:02:23 AM

I mine with 1.5MH/s and do my own coin switching through hash.so pool. On an average day where I don't have to switch coins to often, I will usually earn about 0.009  BTC per day, some days it may be a bit less. Now that Mint is 16 to 18 Satoshi, it's about 50,000 Mint a day.
I tried the hashcow pool for 24 hours, and only got a bit over 30,000 Mint, so I'm much better off mining the way I do.

Nothing against hashcow or the multi pool, or the efforts everyone puts into mining there, but 20,000 Mint per day is a lot to leave on the table, and I look at it as actually helping Mint more, because there is actually more Mint being bought.
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:06:55 AM

I have a number of friends that all they use are "Android Tablets" no desktop PC or laptops. One was very disappointed was couldn't get a wallet for Mint on her tablet and wanted to know what she could do to get Mintcoins on her tablet. There are many many people like this throughout the world who just don't have desktop PC's or laptops. They either have Android, Apple or Windows, we already have wallets that will work on the Apple and Windows tablets.....we desperately need a Minting Wallet for the Android.

We all have to remember that cell phones are not the only thing out there that is Android.

Now a question I'll probably get laughed at for asking....Has there been, or will there ever be crypto wallets made for Blackberries?

I agree.

I think an app that actually mints for Android is the best feature to incentivize mass adoption. There are a lot of people in other countries that only have a tablet or phone and don't use anything else. That's the way things are going anyway.

We could have a lite weight version for people that are more concerned with battery life than minting on their mobile device.
Crindon

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:12:43 AM

I totally did not think about that. That is very important indeed.
needajp

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:13:54 AM

Due to unexchanged coins being held for better profit, you can't just mine for 24hrs @ hashcows and claim the payout figure - you have to mine for a few days to get a proper figure.
http://poolpicker.eu/text.php
As you can see, Hashcows is #2 in terms of profitability atm, only slightly shy of CoinFu.
If you have the time & energy to mine altcoins and sell them yourself, you can make better profit - but not everyone has the time or the expertise to do so, multipools are much easier to set & forget.
If I was to manually mine & sell altcoins I'd probably make less than straight LTC mining - I'd probably also lose my day time job Smiley
I'm getting ~60,000-70,000 Mintcoins per day with 2.2mh/s.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:28:09 AM

Due to unexchanged coins being held for better profit, you can't just mine for 24hrs @ hashcows and claim the payout figure - you have to mine for a few days to get a proper figure.
http://poolpicker.eu/text.php
As you can see, Hashcows is #2 in terms of profitability atm, only slightly shy of CoinFu.
If you have the time & energy to mine altcoins and sell them yourself, you can make better profit - but not everyone has the time or the expertise to do so, multipools are much easier to set & forget.
If I was to manually mine & sell altcoins I'd probably make less than straight LTC mining - I'd probably also lose my day time job Smiley
I'm getting ~60,000-70,000 Mintcoins per day with 2.2mh/s.

Ugh, I wish I had some mining equipment. At least I can Mint!

\
Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: