Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:07:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:29:51 PM

nice to hear that you care so much.

I seen the blockchain, the fact they tray to destroy mintcoin yesterday.

They only stoped the blockchain 1 minute vía POW, then POS kicked id and restore everything to normal. nobody even noticed.

Whe have officially survived our first attach to death, and we havent fork.

Somebody wanna mint to die.

We are better, we wont let you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alphaminer21

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:32:58 PM

Well it looks like mint was the main coin our good friends were trying to find vulnerabilities with. Wouldn't this effect your coin?

You need to stop worrying about other coins and focus on our own coin.

I knew of this proof before i started posting in here but didn't want to provide it so not induce panic selling.  I just can't believe how much resistance I am getting for just getting devs to open up a little.

We should instead get together and demand some kind of response.  It's no longer theoretical it's actually happened. 
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:33:31 PM

nice to hear that you care so much.

I seen the blockchain, the fact they tray to destroy mintcoin yesterday.

They only stoped the blockchain 1 minute vía POW, then POS kicked id and restore everything to normal. nobody even noticed.

Whe have officially survived our first attach to death, and we havent fork.

Somebody wanna mint to die.

We are better, we wont let you.

yes I agree it wasn't as bad as what happened with blackcoins fork when alot of people lost blackcoins
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:35:48 PM

It's no longer theoretical it's actually happened.

I didn't notice anything, what exactly is supposed to have happened? Was there a successful double spend?
Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:37:34 PM

yes I agree it wasn't as bad as what happened with blackcoins fork when alot of people lost blackcoins

If you would read up on that you'd know the loss of Blackcoin on Cryptorush has nothing to do with the fork that we made.
It has to do with Cryptorush using the getbalance accounts system that is inherently broken: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Accounts_explained#Account_Weaknesses.

Well it looks like mint was the main coin our good friends were trying to find vulnerabilities with. Wouldn't this effect your coin?

It affects a range of PoW/PoS hybrids I suspect, rat4 looked at mint only right now. If this is possible for Mint then any forks from Mint will have the same issue. If the coin where mint is forked from did not address it it'll too have this vulnerability.

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:41:31 PM

I understand honesty is hard in crypto. That's why when we found this exploit the FIRST thing i did was find the dev's contact details. You do not want to see the replies. Contact your dev's and demand a fix.

actually we DO wanna see the replies. Just post them here. That way you could provide proof that you've done as you told us. Thank you!
gonzoucab

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:43:26 PM

If you would read up on that you'd know the loss of Blackcoin on Cryptorush has nothing to do with the fork that we made.
It has to do with Cryptorush using the getbalance accounts system that is inherently broken: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Accounts_explained#Account_Weaknesses.

It affects a range of PoW/PoS hybrids I suspect, rat4 looked at mint only right now. If this is possible for Mint then any forks from Mint will have the same issue. If the coin where mint is forked from did not address it it'll too have this vulnerability.

You attacked to kill the coin, couldnt do it. Thats the fact.
mint have never forked, your coin already has.

Developers and coin holders, attacking other coins. not good for crypto.

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:44:34 PM

I understand honesty is hard in crypto. That's why when we found this exploit the FIRST thing i did was find the dev's contact details. You do not want to see the replies. Contact your dev's and demand a fix.

actually we DO wanna see the replies. Just post them here. That way you could provide proof that you've done as you told us. Thank you!

+1

I do wanna see the replies.  If the MINT devs are incompetent douchebags, I wanna know.
alphaminer21

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:46:22 PM

I didn't notice anything, what exactly is supposed to have happened? Was there a successful double spend?

For about an hour they were able to stop minting completely.  If this can be sustained this is just another coin without any value since our biggest selling point is minting.  And since I don't know anything about development, I don't know what else can be done with this attack.

But this isn't even the issue, due to the lack of dev responses I don't even believe they are too involved in this coin.  This threat was posted 3 days ago, more then enough time to read through it real quickly to determine if it was FUD or not.  Due to the timestamps, I can't tell you how long the bugs been posted or how long ago the attack was.

The real issue is, how they address future problems.  Do we have to wait another 3 days and a successful attack before we see anything?
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:49:33 PM

as all of you guys know I'm a MINT fan from the start. after reading the posts the last day I decided to sell half my MINT. im on a fixed budget and i sold 1,000,000MINT. just keeping it in BTC at mintpal. if the MINT dev came on and to respond to this attack and has a fix im would buy back my million even if it shoot up 5-6 points.

but i still dont see any MINT dev,top people respond here. i dont check other forums or sites for MINT. i go to this thread.

mgburks77

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:52:37 PM

For about an hour they were able to stop minting completely.  If this can be sustained this is just another coin without any value since our biggest selling point is minting.  And since I don't know anything about development, I don't know what else can be done with this attack.

But this isn't even the issue, due to the lack of dev responses I don't even believe they are too involved in this coin.  This threat was posted 3 days ago, more then enough time to read through it real quickly to determine if it was FUD or not.  Due to the timestamps, I can't tell you how long the bugs been posted or how long ago the attack was.

The real issue is, how they address future problems.  Do we have to wait another 3 days and a successful attack before we see anything?

It seems as if they haven't been concerned with the issue and if minting was stopped for an hour how much did it cost the attackers to do that?

As gonzoucab pointed out there was an attack but it seems to have failed without even a fork. I don't really understand the technical details but there is really not much there that I can go on except objective evidence of a doublespend or something of the sort.

If it kills the coin then so be it, but I'm not listening to rumours and innuendo on the internet. Posting supposed email responses doesn't mean a thing because they are easily faked.
gonzoucab

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:54:23 PM

It seems as if they haven't been concerned with the issue and if minting was stopped for an hour how much did it cost the attackers to do that?

As gonzoucab pointed out there was an attack but it seems to have failed without even a fork. I don't really understand the technical details but there is really not much there that I can go on except objective evidence of a doublespend or something of the sort.

If it kills the coin then so be it, but I'm not listening to rumours and innuendo on the internet. Posting supposed email responses doesn't mean a thing because they are easily faked.

The attack was made using a multipool.
sargecap

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:54:43 PM

^ Nothing has been faked. Look it up on the block explorer of mintcoin and you can see for 1 hour all blocks were switch to proof of work only.

Keep screaming fake whilst smart people tell mintcoin dev to fix it.

+1

I do wanna see the replies.  If the MINT devs are incompetent douchebags, I wanna know.

+2.

MINT dev is hiding.

So far all we hear from are champion fudsters mgburks77 and moderndezigns who live in the blackcoin topic trying to spread lies abt blackcoin to desperately protect their mintcoin bags. These fools should be THANKING the blackcoin dev right now.

Soepkip

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:55:56 PM

We did not fork the coin as we did not want to. We could have and then you'd be blaming us for breaking your coin.

As for the mails with the mintcoin devs (the e-mail address provided in the OP)

http://imgur.com/9rIkQWw

Also, the attack used 3x 3.5Mh/s rigs. I think we could've pulled it off with less.

████
██████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:57:33 PM

^ Nothing has been faked. Look it up on the block explorer of mintcoin and you can see for 1 hour all blocks were switch to proof of work only.

Keep screaming fake whilst smart people tell mintcoin dev to fix it.

+1

I do wanna see the replies.  If the MINT devs are incompetent douchebags, I wanna know.

+2.

MINT dev is hiding.

So far all we hear from are champion fudsters mgburks77 and moderndezigns who live in the blackcoin topic trying to spread lies abt blackcoin to desperately protect their mintcoin bags. These fools should be THANKING the blackcoin dev right now.

Thanks dev =)
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:59:48 PM

We did not fork the coin as we did not want to. We could have and then you'd be blaming us for breaking your coin.

Also, the attack used 3x 3.5Mh/s rigs. I think we could've pulled it off with less.

thank you for the image. could you please provide the rest of the conversation? it stops at "to fix the issue at hand"
mgburks77

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:00:42 PM

mgburks77 and moderndezigns who live in the blackcoin topic

I've posted there maybe 15-20 times over the last several weeks and I hold BC so I don't see the problem.
Soepkip

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:01:20 PM

thank you for the image. could you please provide the rest of the conversation? it stops at "to fix the issue at hand"

That is all we got. We have not gotten a reply back since the 'How is it an attack?'.

A serious dev would not even ask this.

████
██████████████████████

zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Community

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:03:12 PM

wait mint go up again

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
sargecap

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:07:24 PM

That is all we got. We have not gotten a reply back since the 'How is it an attack?'.

A serious dev would not even ask this.

Holy crap that is bad. He asked how is it an attack? I am just a hobby programmer and I understood how it's an attack in 15 seconds.

Mintcoin dev is a copy paste dev that doesn't understand the basics?
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: