Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Kam800

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:35:38 AM

I am flabbergasted nobody has been developing an I-phone app, considering APPLE will eventually have to join the club or get left in the dust.

The problem with Apple's Walled Garden concept is that they absolutely require full control over all revenue streams generated through their apps and hardware*. This is exactly the same reason why Flash will never be allowed on Apple devices. Apple will never allow altcoins or Bitcoins through its services without opening a floodgate for other entrepreneurs.

*Read: If they can't make money off it they won't allow it

edit: typos

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:39:03 AM

why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

otherwise it's a generic wallet app I'd probably never use

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:44:21 AM

why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

I agree with this
eyal1

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:48:29 AM

Linux compiled QT and headless wallets Version 1.7 :

https://mega.co.nz/#!YtElWTTK!w_uv2AySiCUF-WRV9Ju6LtdIFjIXJoZ55tZ1jO51tq8

bounty: MqzsBZuxmozfHNAHjgXZSLaQRyTjzZ1jF6
Party Hard

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:50:15 AM

Seems like,

If people want a fully functional android wallet soon and for it to be released before other coins release one, it will probably need to be based on what is already open-source. If that is the case, then other people will be free to adapt it to their coins right away.

If people want a fully functional android wallet that is at least partially or temporarily exclusive to MintCoin, it will probably need to be built (more) from scratch and this may compromise being able to release it soon/first.

Yeah, you're right bro. So, since I and some others want the latter (Mintcoin only) let's see just how many resources we can throw at a bounty! I'm in for 75,000 Mintcoins for a private, custom built app. That's not a lot, but it's something. Maybe there's some of the premine bounty? Other individuals? If we can't get enough, then it fails and it'll be open source and copied immediately - that's the tradeoff.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:58:13 AM

Seems like,

If people want a fully functional android wallet soon and for it to be released before other coins release one, it will probably need to be based on what is already open-source. If that is the case, then other people will be free to adapt it to their coins right away.

If people want a fully functional android wallet that is at least partially or temporarily exclusive to MintCoin, it will probably need to be built (more) from scratch and this may compromise being able to release it soon/first.

Yeah, you're right bro. So, since I and some others want the latter (Mintcoin only) let's see just how many resources we can throw at a bounty! I'm in for 75,000 Mintcoins for a private, custom built app. That's not a lot, but it's something. Maybe there's some of the premine bounty? Other individuals? If we can't get enough, then it fails and it'll be open source and copied immediately - that's the tradeoff.

The developer pre-mined about 70,000,000 Mint which it states is for precisely this purpose.

Why on earth would the community pay to have this built?

Do you offer auto companies money in advance to design you a new car?

DEVELOPERS - step on up and provide some transparency and accountability for the 70.000.000 you pre-mined or you're going to continue to lose people.

And that's a far worse threat than the BC trolls.
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:00:00 AM

Seems like,

sounds good let's keep working on the exclusive app and see where we can go with this
greenclover

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:23:39 AM

Although, I am not 100% completely convinced that there was a real security flaw, whatever it was is disruptive to the blockchain, our Mintcoin network, and we needed a fix. I support the dev's quick decision making that whatever that the issue, we needed to change. I just updated to the 1.7 and it seems to be working flawlessly so far. Overall, I am encouraged by the speed at which this community and dev team is able to respond and make fixes as necessary. Everyone is doing a great job. There may be future upgrades that need to be made as well, but at any rate, the future looks bright. Keep up the teamwork!

Everyone upgrade to 1.7 and we can get on with our lives and put this in the past.

There was no issue. The BC dev stupidly screwed his coin and caused cryptorush to die, then spread the fears to other coins. As some other posts said, so far there was no reported case of double spending or similar things in the mint network. It works flawlessly the mint network. MINT is not going to get an exchange out of business  Smiley

I appreciate the mint dev's quick reaction to remove something useless, and prevent potential exploits. But we had no issue at all. Everything is working perfectly. The MINT being the first coin successfully transferred from PoW to PoS. Many other coins copied this, including the infamous Blackcoin.
Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:37:16 AM

Although, I am not 100% completely convinced that there was a real security flaw, whatever it was is disruptive to the blockchain, our Mintcoin network, and we needed a fix. I support the dev's quick decision making that whatever that the issue, we needed to change. I just updated to the 1.7 and it seems to be working flawlessly so far. Overall, I am encouraged by the speed at which this community and dev team is able to respond and make fixes as necessary. Everyone is doing a great job. There may be future upgrades that need to be made as well, but at any rate, the future looks bright. Keep up the teamwork!

Everyone upgrade to 1.7 and we can get on with our lives and put this in the past.

There was no issue. The BC dev stupidly screwed his coin and caused cryptorush to die, then spread the fears to other coins. As some other posts said, so far there was no reported case of double spending or similar things in the mint network. It works flawlessly the mint network. MINT is not going to get an exchange out of business  Smiley

I appreciate the mint dev's quick reaction to remove something useless, and prevent potential exploits. But we had no issue at all. Everything is working perfectly. The MINT being the first coin successfully transferred from PoW to PoS. Many other coins copied this, including the infamous Blackcoin.

Ah yes, they rushed to fix a non-existent problem that a developer made up and put his reputation on the line. Also, BC wasn't the cause of CryptoRush crashing. CR burned because they were dishonest, incapable, and insolvent.

Seriously, what is with you guys? You not only look a gift horse in the mouth but decide that, due to your own apparent feeling of inferiority, you want to spit in the horse's eye. You were given a gift from a potential competitor, don't be idiots.

Also, MintCoin won't be putting any exchange out of business for a good reason (Hint: look at the "volume" it has).
zhonghao110

Activity: 224

goog

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:58:18 AM

负责的团队,希望做的更好,新的神话
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:11:51 AM

Ah yes, they rushed to fix a non-existent problem that a developer made up and put his reputation on the line. Also, BC wasn't the cause of CryptoRush crashing. CR burned because they were dishonest, incapable, and insolvent.

Seriously, what is with you guys? You not only look a gift horse in the mouth but decide that, due to your own apparent feeling of inferiority, you want to spit in the horse's eye. You were given a gift from a potential competitor, don't be idiots.

Also, MintCoin won't be putting any exchange out of business for a good reason (Hint: look at the "volume" it has).

Mintcoin is actually listed on quite a few exchanges so there is more volume than what you're referring too. I don't believe cryptorush crashed or was dishonest what they were is angry about something that occured but it's ok for different people to have different beliefs. What is important is that as people in our two communities try our best to get along.
zhonghao110

Activity: 224

goog

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:13:33 AM

好消息,近期有一个风头公司在关注Mintcoin,去团队核实下
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:25:06 AM

Sure get prepared to pay 50 btc for a wallet from scratch..

U get what u pay for... Android wallet is gpl so I dont even know if you can close it since your using open source base. Alot of people still havent clued in to the open source movement.. which allowed you to even have your mintcoin.. now you want your pie and eat it too.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:25:47 AM

People need to get over thinking that there can only be either BlackCoin or MintCoin... How did this start? Like somebody said earlier, there are TONS of altcoins out there. Both MintCoin and BlackCoin have strong communities and dev teams backing them up. To me both seem to be well poised for the future. I think we have a better chance to make it in the sea of shitcoins by not tearing each other apart.
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:26:36 AM

Seems like,

The developer pre-mined about 70,000,000 Mint which it states is for precisely this purpose.

DEVELOPERS - step on up and provide some transparency and accountability for the 70.000.000 you pre-mined or you're going to continue to lose people.

OOPS...I believe I made a mistake, th pre-mine was 700,000,000, not 70,000,000.

Surely there's enough for an android app left?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:29:35 AM

Seems like,

I would have made it long ago but he only offered 2.5 million mints for one.. i laughed in his pathetic face. Not only is he greedy seems he is non existant.. does he communicate in this thread??
mgburks77

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:30:55 AM

U get what u pay for... Android wallet is gpl so I dont even know if you can close it since your using open source base. Alot of people still havent clued in to the open source movement.. which allowed you to even have your mintcoin.. now you want your pie and eat it too.

Don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to the creation of a generic open source wallet that any PoS coin could use. I just don't see enough value in it for me to donate as much as I would for one for exclusive use that could mint. However if everyone else in the other communities etc donates to make an open source wallet I'll throw in a little too.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:33:46 AM

Don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to the creation of a generic open source wallet that any PoS coin could use. I just don't see enough value in it for me to donate as much as I would for one for exclusive use that could mint. However if everyone else in the other communities etc donates to make an open source wallet I'll throw in a little too.

You shouldnt have to pay anything for it.. the premine scammer should allocate atleast 1% of the premine to the largest bounty and bam its done.. I cant see any serious investment going on here with a 700 million preminr which is not even used for intended purposes.
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:34:09 AM

Seems like,

I would have made it long ago but he only offered 2.5 million mints for one.. i laughed in his pathetic face. Not only is he greedy seems he is non existant.. does he communicate in this thread??

well if you laughed in his face then you must be in communication with him
mgburks77

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:35:19 AM

well what can you do? They made an offer and you laughed in their face so I guess It won't be happening.
Pages: « 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: