Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:35:49 AM

Seems like,

If people want a fully functional android wallet soon and for it to be released before other coins release one, it will probably need to be based on what is already open-source. If that is the case, then other people will be free to adapt it to their coins right away.

If people want a fully functional android wallet that is at least partially or temporarily exclusive to MintCoin, it will probably need to be built (more) from scratch and this may compromise being able to release it soon/first.

Yeah, you're right bro. So, since I and some others want the latter (Mintcoin only) let's see just how many resources we can throw at a bounty! I'm in for 75,000 Mintcoins for a private, custom built app. That's not a lot, but it's something. Maybe there's some of the premine bounty? Other individuals? If we can't get enough, then it fails and it'll be open source and copied immediately - that's the tradeoff.

The developer pre-mined about 70,000,000 Mint which it states is for precisely this purpose.

Why on earth would the community pay to have this built?

Do you offer auto companies money in advance to design you a new car?

DEVELOPERS - step on up and provide some transparency and accountability for the 70.000.000 you pre-mined or you're going to continue to lose people.

And that's a far worse threat than the BC trolls.

OOPS...I believe I made a mistake, th pre-mine was 700,000,000, not 70,000,000.

Surely there's enough for an android app left?

I would have made it long ago but he only offered 2.5 million mints for one.. i laughed in his pathetic face. Not only is he greedy seems he is non existant.. does he communicate in this thread??

well if you laughed in his face then you must be in communication with him
I pmed him asking if he needed an android wallet and negotiations lasted 1 msg lol.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:36:24 AM

why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

otherwise it's a generic wallet app I'd probably never use

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

Sure get prepared to pay 50 btc for a wallet from scratch..

U get what u pay for... Android wallet is gpl so I dont even know if you can close it since your using open source base. Alot of people still havent clued in to the open source movement.. which allowed you to even have your mintcoin.. now you want your pie and eat it too.

Don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to the creation of a generic open source wallet that any PoS coin could use. I just don't see enough value in it for me to donate as much as I would for one for exclusive use that could mint. However if everyone else in the other communities etc donates to make an open source wallet I'll throw in a little too.

You shouldnt have to pay anything for it.. the premine scammer should allocate atleast 1% of the premine to the largest bounty and bam its done.. I cant see any serious investment going on here with a 700 million preminr which is not even used for intended purposes.

The premine is all accounted for and being allocated for the Mintcoin Fund. There may be some funds for developments associated with Mintcoin
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:36:41 AM

It's starting to look like the point of this is more FUD
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:36:56 AM

why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

U get what u pay for... Android wallet is gpl so I dont even know if you can close it since your using open source base. Alot of people still havent clued in to the open source movement.. which allowed you to even have your mintcoin.. now you want your pie and eat it too.

I think it should be open source. I will donate for that, or a private one, or any one. Or what about the possibility of cross-community funding? Considering this could be a big deal and benefit all cryptos in general. It's really kind of silly to debate until we figure out what the state is of the one that is already being worked on (is it open source or not) and how far along it is.
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:38:52 AM

I think it should be open source. I will donate for that, or a private one, or any one. Or what about the possibility of cross-community funding? Considering this could be a big deal and benefit all cryptos in general. It's really kind of silly to debate until we figure out what the state is of the one that is already being worked on (is it open source or not) and how far along it is.
these guys seem pretty shifty, I'm not interested in paying them anything
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:41:03 AM

these guys seem pretty shifty, I'm not interested in paying them anything

There are some sites you can get bids on creating such things I sent a link with some questions but with all the work that needed to be dealt with today I'm not expecting a quick response
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:41:18 AM

Don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to the creation of a generic open source wallet that any PoS coin could use. I just don't see enough value in it for me to donate as much as I would for one for exclusive use that could mint. However if everyone else in the other communities etc donates to make an open source wallet I'll throw in a little too.

You shouldnt have to pay anything for it.. the premine scammer should allocate atleast 1% of the premine to the largest bounty and bam its done.. I cant see any serious investment going on here with a 700 million preminr which is not even used for intended purposes.

The premine is all accounted for and being allocated for the Mintcoin Fund. There may be some funds for developments associated with Mintcoin

What will Mintcoin foundation be responsible for?
stormia

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:41:24 AM

Seems like,

If people want a fully functional android wallet soon and for it to be released before other coins release one, it will probably need to be based on what is already open-source. If that is the case, then other people will be free to adapt it to their coins right away.

If people want a fully functional android wallet that is at least partially or temporarily exclusive to MintCoin, it will probably need to be built (more) from scratch and this may compromise being able to release it soon/first.

Yeah, you're right bro. So, since I and some others want the latter (Mintcoin only) let's see just how many resources we can throw at a bounty! I'm in for 75,000 Mintcoins for a private, custom built app. That's not a lot, but it's something. Maybe there's some of the premine bounty? Other individuals? If we can't get enough, then it fails and it'll be open source and copied immediately - that's the tradeoff.

The developer pre-mined about 70,000,000 Mint which it states is for precisely this purpose.

DEVELOPERS - step on up and provide some transparency and accountability for the 70.000.000 you pre-mined or you're going to continue to lose people.

I would have made it long ago but he only offered 2.5 million mints for one.. i laughed in his pathetic face. Not only is he greedy seems he is non existant.. does he communicate in this thread??

He fixed the bug today and added a merchant so I would say he is existent. How long ago did he offer you 2.5 mil? Was it was when mint was worth >40 satoshi? Because that would have been >1 btc and was also when btc was >500 USD. Just curious, I really want to see this happen, how much do you think it will take?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:43:42 AM

How long do you have to leave your mintcoin wallet open to earn stakes?
I havnt earned any stake on my mintcoins yet, but ive only just updated my wallet.
I dont leave my computer on 24/7 so whats the best thing to do?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:44:17 AM

Seems like,

He fixed the bug today and added a merchant so I would say he is existent. How long ago did he offer you 2.5 mil? Was it was when mint was worth >40 satoshi? Because that would have been >1 btc and was also when btc was >500 USD. Just curious, I really want to see this happen, how much do you think it will take?
It was around 10 sats near beginning of the coin.. It takes 2 weeks to do so its 3.5btc going rate.

Im working on a penny auction site right now which has potential (www.devcoinauctions.com) so I wouldnt be able to start right away until after this is done.. I have to integrate coin payments still...
stormia

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:48:45 AM

How long do you have to leave your mintcoin wallet open to earn stakes?
I havnt earned any stake on my mintcoins yet, but ive only just updated my wallet.
I dont leave my computer on 24/7 so whats the best thing to do?

How long have your coins aged for?
I usually just my wallet open for an hour or two a day.
stormia

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:50:39 AM

Seems like,

It was around 10 sats near beginning of the coin.. It takes 2 weeks to do so its 3.5btc going rate.

Im working on a penny auction site right now which has potential (www.devcoinauctions.com) so I wouldnt be able to start right away until after this is done.. I have to integrate coin payments still...

Damn, I should have gone into programming...
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:51:08 AM

I am getting to big of a fee to send dust in my coins. How can I move them?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:54:13 AM

Seems like,

Heh u can always do it.. I knew coding is the future although
business was is my passion.. but coding provided a means to an end to achieve those business goals.. but like anything its still  10000 hours to become good at it.. so it takes effort to be able to do things properly and not hack. You can always learn on the side so many free books online.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:58:51 AM

business was is my passion.. but coding provided a means to an end to achieve those business goals.. but like anything its still  10000 hours to become good at it.. so it takes effort to be able to do things properly and not hack. You can always learn on the side so many free books online.

What language did you learn first? What languages do you know now? What languages do you use most?
stormia

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:00:37 AM

Seems like,

business was is my passion.. but coding provided a means to an end to achieve those business goals.. but like anything its still  10000 hours to become good at it.. so it takes effort to be able to do things properly and not hack. You can always learn on the side so many free books online.

True words. You sound exactly like somebody I know irl who has been egging me on to learn coding on the side. I need to get on it. It really is the future. Just about any field one can work in, programming is applicable. I think I am going to start using codeacademy in my free time.
stormia

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:01:57 AM

What do people here think of the Wolfram language? Would that be a good first language?

www.wolfram.com/language/intro-video.html?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&width=931&height=521
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:03:07 AM

It's starting to look like the point of this is more FUD

No, the point of this is accountability and transparency.

You are investors here, you should be looking out after your interest.

Instead you let people lead you down the garden path.

Well, like they say, we all get what we deserve.

Just remember that as time drags on, stories about registering a foundation keep circulating, the pre-mine doesn't get spent the way it clearly indicates it would be spent...blah, blah, blah...
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:06:15 AM

The fact the community seems to be the driving force behind an android app and not the developer speaks volumes about the management behind this coin.

As others have stated before departing the community ... it's the AMATEUR HOUR.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:12:05 AM

When an android app does arrive, my son would love it if you used this image he and I worked on this evening. I am trying to get him interested in Crypto's so he will learn about our monetary system and new innovations, and so he will naturally integrate them with his interest in digital imaging as he gets older. He's only 11, but boy is he smart! I figure by the time he is in high school, he will be using these things on his phone, so he might as well be one of the ones making the images for them.

I took the picture and told him what I generally wanted, he did the rest.  Cheesy

I told him if people like his works, I will get a wallet address set up for him so he can get tips. Once he realizes he can spend that on stuff, he will be hooked.  Grin

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: