Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:26:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 [607] 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:14:50 AM

looks pretty good!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:22:49 AM

Make sure you come back when/if the android wallet arrives and I will gladly tip something his way then.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:33:03 AM

Heh u can always do it.. I knew coding is the future although
business was is my passion.. but coding provided a means to an end to achieve those business goals.. but like anything its still  10000 hours to become good at it.. so it takes effort to be able to do things properly and not hack. You can always learn on the side so many free books online.

What language did you learn first? What languages do you know now? What languages do you use most?
Ada 95 named after first female programmer ada  lovelace.. used in traffic control applications..

Then learned java delphi c c++ php javascript mysql assembly x86  visual basic..

Now I use c sharp .net and javascript and html the most.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:38:53 AM

How long do you have to leave your mintcoin wallet open to earn stakes?
I havnt earned any stake on my mintcoins yet, but ive only just updated my wallet.
I dont leave my computer on 24/7 so whats the best thing to do?

How long have your coins aged for?
I usually just my wallet open for an hour or two a day.

OK, well i havnt been doing that, and im unsure if the older client was doing that anyway.
Do i have to have it open for 20 days in a row, or just hold the coins for 20 days?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:41:34 AM

today was a wild ride. i had so many ups and downs.

i feel much better about mint as i go to bed then i did when i woke up today.

lets make MINT known to the masses Smiley
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:53:25 AM

I havnt earned any stake on my mintcoins yet, but ive only just updated my wallet.

OK, well i havnt been doing that, and im unsure if the older client was doing that anyway.
Do i have to have it open for 20 days in a row, or just hold the coins for 20 days?

The best way to ensure you mint new coins, is once the coins you have reach the 20 day mark, leave your wallet open for 2 to 4 hours a day until they do mint. Then once they reach the next 20 days, do the same thing. There is no guarantee that they will mint exactly at 20 days, but they will mint.
amdfxman1701

Activity: 367

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:53:57 AM

When an android app does arrive, my son would love it if you used this image he and I worked on this evening. I am trying to get him interested in Crypto's so he will learn about our monetary system and new innovations, and so he will naturally integrate them with his interest in digital imaging as he gets older. He's only 11, but boy is he smart! I figure by the time he is in high school, he will be using these things on his phone, so he might as well be one of the ones making the images for them.

I took the picture and told him what I generally wanted, he did the rest.  Cheesy

I told him if people like his works, I will get a wallet address set up for him so he can get tips. Once he realizes he can spend that on stuff, he will be hooked.  Grin

That's a great picture!!

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:11:58 AM

The best way to ensure you mint new coins, is once the coins you have reach the 20 day mark, leave your wallet open for 2 to 4 hours a day until they do mint. Then once they reach the next 20 days, do the same thing. There is no guarantee that they will mint exactly at 20 days, but they will mint.
Thats interesting ive just looked and about 178 mint was minted, yet ive never even had the client running for the month.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:15:00 AM

Mintcoin 1.7 for Ubuntu is available! To upgrade existing installation:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mintcoind mintcoin-qt

For new installation:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:keremhd/mintcoin-unofficial
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mintcoind mintcoin-qt

Update on the potential security issues mentioned earlier.

As a cautionary measure and since MINT does not really need PoW, we have decided to get rid of the PoW. We don't want to take any security risk.
And since our ego is less important than your hard earned money, we won't have any problem to be thankful to another coin dev if it appears he has helped to increase MintCoin's security.

For now, a new wallet is available and this is a mandatory update!
https://mega.co.nz/#!YI4DETrC!0Cy_PFqWkLF52Ic_Hoo-5v_oyUGWa2R4dcIvlX1S2H0

Please notify every people you know about this update!

What's new?
(1) latest checkpoints
(2) fixed wallet getbalance issue (thanks paspi)
(3) remove pow generation after block 220000

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
paspi

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:33:12 AM

I see that some people insist that there should be a closed source android wallet. What they miss is, crypto is hard, very hard to get things right. If you can trust your money on a brand new released coin's desktop wallet (2-3 months and a few developers is nothing for critical software development), that's because it's founded on an open source codebase that has been reviewed and fixed by lots of people over the years. Lots of eyes detected lots of security flaws and then they are fixed by crypto coin community. And they continue reviewing and fixing it, albeit slowly now as the software matured (That slowdown is what makes altcoins drifting from original sources trustable)

If anyone comes up with a closed source android wallet written from scratch, I won't trust my funds in it, let alone a bounty. And I'll advise anyone against so. Who will guarantee that the brand-new wallet won't lose my money? A single dev who got a one-time bounty (3-4-5-10 btc, whatever) and then moved on with his life? No way.

Development of new crypto software requires a dev community who are continuously active. It's not 1-2 or 3 people's job, nor a one-time job. Free software provides that community. Those reviewers and contributers over the years are the reason that we can trust our money to a software.

We're not talking about a 1-2 dollar worth disposable iphone game here, it's about trusting one's investment to a piece of software.

An open source free software PoW+PoS wallet which is founded on current PoW android wallet will benefit MINT. And it will benefit MINT's investors because the software will be reviewed. Even if there are only a few developers in mint community, investors can be assured that other altcoin devs would be actively reviewing it and fixing it for their own needs. And even if there are only a few active developers left in MINT, as long as they follow what other altcoins fix in the wallet, MINT will benefit from those fixes.

It is security vs. branding. I want this coin to live, that's why I prefer security.

paspi

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:41:47 AM

This notice is from the DEV introduction page of bitcoinj, the bitcoin android wallet library which doge/etc android wallets are built on:

This API is not like other libraries. A Bitcoin library allows you to directly handle money, possibly large sums of other people's money. It is important to understand the following. After completing this tutorial you are NOT qualified to write production applications. You will have a flavor of how to write applications, but Bitcoin is a subtle and complex system.

FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE DOING CAN CAUSE MONEY TO BE STOLEN OR PERMANENTLY DESTROYED

These documents will help you learn how to use bitcoinj, but they are not yet completely comprehensive. If you are ever in any doubt at all, or just want some code review, please ask on our mailing list or on our forum for advice and a second opinion. Also, make sure you keep up with the latest versions of the software. Bug fixes happen all the time and any one of them could be required for the safety of your wallet. It's important that you frequently rebase onto new versions of the library, even though bitcoinj does not have a stable API.

I personally would support an open source free software wallet, which is available to all PoS coins, which will be guaranteed to be backed by communities of all PoS coins. That will make the wallet code trustable, and frequently updated. But to pay someone for a one-time developed closed source software, I believe it's a waste of resources.

I see that some people insist that there should be a closed source android wallet. What they miss is, crypto is hard, very hard to get things right. If you can trust your money on a brand new released coin's desktop wallet (2-3 months and a few developers is nothing for critical software development), that's because it's founded on an open source codebase that has been reviewed and fixed by lots of people over the years. Lots of eyes detected lots of security flaws and then they are fixed by crypto coin community. And they continue reviewing and fixing it, albeit slowly now as the software matured (That slowdown is what makes altcoins drifting from original sources trustable)

If anyone comes up with a closed source android wallet written from scratch, I won't trust my funds in it, let alone a bounty. And I'll advise anyone against so. Who will guarantee that the brand-new wallet won't lose my money? A single dev who got a one-time bounty (3-4-5-10 btc, whatever) and then moved on with his life? No way.

Development of new crypto software requires a dev community who are continuously active. It's not 1-2 or 3 people's job, nor a one-time job. Free software provides that community. Those reviewers and contributers over the years are the reason that we can trust our money to a software.

We're not talking about a 1-2 dollar worth disposable iphone game here, it's about trusting one's investment to a piece of software.

An open source free software PoW+PoS wallet which is founded on current PoW android wallet will benefit MINT. And it will benefit MINT's investors because the software will be reviewed. Even if there are only a few developers in mint community, investors can be assured that other altcoin devs would be actively reviewing it and fixing it for their own needs. And even if there are only a few active developers left in MINT, as long as they follow what other altcoins fix in the wallet, MINT will benefit from those fixes.

It is security vs. branding. I want this coin to live, that's why I prefer security.

stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:13:52 AM

I agree.
Also, thank you for supplying the Ubuntu update! Tip incoming.
jakema

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:34:29 AM

i just updated to the new windows wallet n i copied the new mintcoin.conf file to appdata but now its not syncing and has 0 connections
anyone else having this problem also tried deleting the peers.dat and still no luck 
any help would be much appreciated
neilh

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:03:32 AM

Mintcoin is actually listed on quite a few exchanges so there is more volume than what you're referring too. I don't believe cryptorush crashed or was dishonest what they were is angry about something that occured but it's ok for different people to have different beliefs. What is important is that as people in our two communities try our best to get along.

You joking?

Cryptorush should have been angry with themselves for their own
incompetence and not blame/threaten anyone else!

And in the end turns out they were insolvent, and yet they still
released shares for sale!

Dishonest is being kind...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529779.msg6020217#msg6020217

As you will see, that post is from moolah!
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:10:37 AM

This is a great point

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:15:39 AM

why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

otherwise it's a generic wallet app I'd probably never use

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

Sure get prepared to pay 50 btc for a wallet from scratch..

U get what u pay for... Android wallet is gpl so I dont even know if you can close it since your using open source base. Alot of people still havent clued in to the open source movement.. which allowed you to even have your mintcoin.. now you want your pie and eat it too.

I think it should be open source. I will donate for that, or a private one, or any one. Or what about the possibility of cross-community funding? Considering this could be a big deal and benefit all cryptos in general. It's really kind of silly to debate until we figure out what the state is of the one that is already being worked on (is it open source or not) and how far along it is.
Well reasoned thinking here. I'll adjust and contribute if it is closed and/or if it is open source BUT crowdsourced with Mint and Black and other POS coin support. I just don't like the idea of free riders from other coins. paspi makes good points and clearly knows his ish. I can't argue on those technial points.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
mcg2

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:01:08 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 12:38:55 PM by mcg2

the wallet should be opensource. period. i will donate if opensource and i can check it.
thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:08:42 PM

the wallet should be opensource. period. i will ONLY donate if opensource and i can check it.

i agree, wallet must be opensource so it can be checked and improved. what is the progress on it btw?

any coin that makes me a profit.
drent301

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:47:11 PM

I realy want to update my wallet, but i am worried to lose my mints, or reset the minting proces.

Can someone please answer the following question? It should help a lot!

I made a backup of my wallet. Can i just delete the old one, then install the new new wallet and insert my backup? (wallet.dat)

thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:47:54 PM

just replace the exe.

any coin that makes me a profit.
Pages: « 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 [607] 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: