Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:30:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:48:58 PM

I know the math and numbers on the multipools yatta yatta, but I really like hashcows pool! I don't care that it's not super profitable because it is easy. I recommend you at least give it a try, very smooth, and I will probably be on this thing at least until another blitzcoin comes around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:19:19 PM

Mintcoin made headlines

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/4/3/mintcoin-vulnerability-fixed-with-help-from-blackcoin-community
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:33:54 PM

I know the math and numbers on the multipools yatta yatta, but I really like hashcows pool! I don't care that it's not super profitable because it is easy. I recommend you at least give it a try, very smooth, and I will probably be on this thing at least until another blitzcoin comes around.

Actually, https://hashco.ws/ is one of the most profitable pools as can be seen here: http://poolpicker.eu/

And EASY  Smiley

\
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:37:24 PM

Any news on the wallet build?

bigchirv

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:22:20 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 06:34:20 PM by bigchirv

Is there an active android wallet development? I saw people mention Bigchirv, but couldn't see any of his posts in this thread, maybe I missed it.

Certainly you may miss them. Hey there, Smiley

I've been studying the code of the wallets out there and yes, I'd like to start with the project. Some user days ago uploaded some images:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

and basically is that what is holding me back, because I don't wanna waste my time (or any other's time) starting the project if someone already has something already on the table.

However, many days have passed and no more news on the status of that work.

Somebody can give us an update on this? Anyone?

I'm thinking on minting on a mobile device. Minting uses 100% cpu to find a hash, much like PoW, but using owner's coins. A phone user would not want to enable it.

I stated exactly the same some posts ago when the topic came up. It basically will drain the mobile's battery and also will slow the device.

On the other hand, a tablet-only user might want it if it's her only computer, so android wallet should ideally have minting, but the ability to turn it off. Or options like "mint only when charging", "mint only when charging and battery > 80%", "mint only when screen is locked"

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

I'm thinking about the first use case, to run mintcoin wallet on a phone, but the user doesn't want his phone to mint at all. What happens if I share my private key between desktop wallet and android wallet?
Does anyone know how the QT clients react when the same wallet.dat is used on two computers simultaneously? Do they notice funds in an account are gone if they see an outgoing transaction in the blockchain, or do they assume only they can initiate transfers?

Those are real good questions. People usually goes with the new wallet/priv-key created when installing the app on their devices.

Maybe the Mintcoin Dev Team can answer this to us. Or somebody can point us to proper documentation. I can't tell whether or not there's a mechanism to prevent things like you're mentioning. If it doesn't exists we may design one (by "we" I mean the interested developers that are lurking around the forum, Smiley).

I mean desktop wallet can mint all the time, and to sync my android wallet, I can show it a QR code from desktop wallet and voila, from that point android wallet can spend coins (and all future coins) from my desktop wallet. They should be able to track their balances over the blockchain.

110% agree.

Maybe what I imagine* is not possible due to changes being sent to new generated addresses, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have the answers of those Qs too. I'm no a cryptocoin expert; but I usually solve problems either with code or Linux servers. My employers usually give me broken code I'm not familiar with, written in <put_the_name_of_the_language_here> and then say "fix it". So, I think I'm capable to do the task. Of course, any of the developers on the forum can help. That's the beauty of Open Source.

EDIT: Improve some English expressions. It is not my native language.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:42:58 PM

hey there bigchirv! Glad to have you here! It's awesome that you're interested in creating such an android wallet.

I think the other developer has quit because he hasn't written in a long time. So I think you have the best shot. You can always contact the mintcoindev and ask whether he/them are working on such a wallet and if its worth your time to create such a wallet.

i for instance would mint on my phone at night when i'm sleeping and my phone is still connected to the power socket so that wouldn't be a problem. i also think that during the development process it will be possible to create a slim minting wallet that isn't eating up all the recources. and i have to say that a lot of android phones out there a lot more powerful than some laptops or PCs.
when i walk around i would like to just turn the minting of the android wallet off and use the wallet as it is (spending coins, checking the balances and so on).

further i think that we shouldn't think too much of all the ifs and problems that may occur. the most important thing is that we start the development of a (minting) wallet for that awesome coin.

as you have already seen there is already a nice bounty for your efforts.

so what do you think? can you give it a shot?

greetings
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:43:11 PM

haha headlines.. some people in the blackcoin community are pretty clever. I think that if there are any good writers among us who may want to consider creating a Mintcoin specific blog or "news site" it's actually a pretty good idea
keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:48:24 PM

haha headlines.. some people in the blackcoin community are pretty clever. I think that if there are any good writers among us who may want to consider creating a Mintcoin specific blog or "news site" it's actually a pretty good idea

Just one click needed to go to main page http://www.cryptoarticles.com/

Still think this is some bc conspiracy?
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:01:35 PM

Is there an active android wallet development? I saw people mention Bigchirv, but couldn't see any of his posts in this thread, maybe I missed it.

I've been studying the code of the wallets out there and yes, I'd like to start with the project. Some user days ago uploaded some images:

and basically is that what is holding me back, because I don't wanna waste my time (or any other's time) starting the project if someone already has something already on the table.

I'm thinking on minting on a mobile device. Minting uses 100% cpu to find a hash, much like PoW, but using owner's coins. A phone user would not want to enable it.

I stated exactly the same some posts ago when the topic came up. It basically will drain the mobile's battery and also will slow the device.

On the other hand, a tablet-only user might want it if it's her only computer, so android wallet should ideally have minting, but the ability to turn it off. Or options like "mint only when charging", "mint only when charging and battery > 80%", "mint only when screen is locked"

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

I'm thinking about the first use case, to run mintcoin wallet on a phone, but the user doesn't want his phone to mint at all. What happens if I share my private key between desktop wallet and android wallet?
Does anyone know how the QT clients react when the same wallet.dat is used on two computers simultaneously? Do they notice funds in an account are gone if they see an outgoing transaction in the blockchain, or do they assume only they can initiate transfers?

Those are real good questions. People usually goes with the new wallet/priv-key created when installing the app on their devices.

Maybe the Mintcoin Dev Team can answer this to us. Or somebody can point us to proper documentation. I can't tell whether or not there's a mechanism to prevent things like you're mentioning. If it doesn't exists we may design one (by "we" I mean the interested developers that are lurking around the forum, Smiley).

I mean desktop wallet can mint all the time, and to sync my android wallet, I can show it a QR code from desktop wallet and voila, from that point android wallet can spend coins (and all future coins) from my desktop wallet. They should be able to track their balances over the blockchain.

110% agree.

Maybe what I imagine* is not possible due to changes being sent to new generated addresses, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have the answers of those Qs too. I'm no a cryptocoin expert; but I usually solve problems either with code or Linux servers. My employers usually give me broken code I'm not familiar with, written in <put_the_name_of_the_language_here> and then say "fix it". So, I think I'm capable to do the task. Of course, any of the developers on the forum can help. That's the beauty of Open Source.

I suggest just starting on it, and posting regular updates for us if you could. I am sure that if you can complete a working Android wallet for Mintcoin you will get rewarded handsomely for it and the value of Mint will benefit tremendously afterward. You will go down in history as the first to develop it, as a wallet like this has never been done before (that's got to be worth something on a resume).

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:02:54 PM

Well I look forward to submitting some Mintcoin articles to this site thanks

and still would like to see someone in our community create a news site
casacup

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:03:32 PM

I'm a little bit out this day, but I would like to clarify one thing: it's true that BC developer found the attack, and it's true that they illustrated it to the community as a whole.

Did it influence Mintcoin? Yes.

Will it influence every hybrid PoS/PoW coin with low PoW difficulty? Of course.

Did we lost the price cap we hardly earned the past week? Sure.

None of this is a reason to bash BC community. It would make us look weak and focused not on our coin&project, but on the envy on others.

I don't know shit about economy. I'm an engineer. But if we try to use our brains, and look at a future were cryptocurrencies are used in the real ordinary world, we could easily have a world were different cryptocoins (and this is without distinguish BTC from every other alt) are used for different type of goods and markets.

I think both blackcoin and mintcoin have a bright future, IF
- the respective devs don't screw up
- the community stay focused
- something really important doesn't happen (BTC related, but that's not the place to discuss the matter).

Something bad happened, a flaw was discovered, and could have been really worse. Now we have two possible way: think about a "conspiracy" (and drag ourself and mint in the mud), or show that cryptoworld maybe is made not only by whales, kidswhowanttogetrichfast and so on, but also of people who are capable to cooperate even with projects that seems concurrent, like blackcoin and mintcoin.

Tip address: 1GYTY2pW98LWPtv5Zq5HmvZBRpZoadwetw
Jeff Jefferson

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:08:42 PM

guys i'm waiting for a mintcoin withdrawal from mintpal for over an hour and it still shows unconfirmed. also i can't open www.mintcoin-explorer.info

is there a problem?
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:13:30 PM

Something bad happened, a flaw was discovered, and could have been really worse. Now we have two possible way: think about a "conspiracy" (and drag ourself and mint in the mud), or show that cryptoworld maybe is made not only by whales, kidswhowanttogetrichfast and so on, but also of people who are capable to cooperate even with projects that seems concurrent, like blackcoin and mintcoin.

I was actually trying to pay them a compliment I do think there are some really smart people in their community and have even bought some more of their coins. I look forward to working together towards a common goal
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:15:33 PM

guys i'm waiting for a mintcoin withdrawal from mintpal for over an hour and it still shows unconfirmed. also i can't open www.mintcoin-explorer.info

is there a problem?

did you get the withdrawal request email and confirm it via the link?

dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:25:05 PM

Just got my first minted coins!  Grin They are added to the total, but they don't show in the Stake balance? Running the 1.7 wallet.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:28:36 PM

Just got my first minted coins!  Grin They are added to the total, but they don't show in the Stake balance? Running the 1.7 wallet.

First they move to stake, then you get your minted coins added back to your main balance, you just never noticed part of your balance move over to stake before the minting.
Jeff Jefferson

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:30:52 PM

is there a problem?

did you get the withdrawal request email and confirm it via the link?

oh god, i'm such a newb! i got a little confused with all the exchanges i'm on. thank you very much. that resolves the problem!
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

Blackcoin saved your ass. Be grateful  Cheesy
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:42:51 PM

hey mr random please remember to like our Mintcoin Facebook page and ask friends and family to do the same as you can see the community is growing all the time and would love for you to be a part of it!  https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin 
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:54:01 PM

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

110% agree.

+1 I agree. We need to figure out if there is one already being worked on, and if not, somebody should get started right away!
Pages: « 1 ... 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: