Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:06:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 [672] 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:00:27 AM

I just got this from WC forum

Someone has just paid for an android wallet and online wallet also. Those services are coming for you guys soon.

Heres a test wallet of our work:http://wallet.raxe.io/

Here is the android app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raxe.demo

Thats great.  Really great, BC guys haven't make this yet.

Theres also a POS wallet being develop by Mintcoin comunity, maybe we can join efforts

If you want us to help with your development we are there with you. We are all about technological progression here is our details:

https://twitter.com/RaxeSoftware
contact@raxe.io

Maibe we can work with them together
Interesting. I wonder how far along they actually are. Paspi may very well be ahead of where they are in the process. Do they have anymore details other than screenshots of a BTC android wallet (which says nothing about the state of a PoS wallet)? Also, are they referring to an android wallet that has complete PoS functionality? Just curious because they aren't clear about that.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:06:59 AM

Coinkite is the first in a line of competitive companies trying to do the same thing. 25 BTC is a lot to ask to be considered, and I don't like "gambling" my Mint to see if we can reach their arbitrary goal in 11 days.

That being said, it's the only kid on the block right now, and early adoption could mean long-term establishment for Mintcoin. So I sent a measly 25000 Mint in the hope that the community can convince the Coinkite folks this is worth adding simply by showing support in large numbers, rather than large BTC amounts. Hopefully, bribes aren't the only language that talks.

Maybe the MINT whales will see this as a money making opportunity and pad the wallet address.

Even if we don't get on Coinkite now, there will be a competitor in the future we may have a better shot at due to android apps and such.

I didn't even know this existed until just a moment ago. If we donate 25 BTC worth will they add us?

I have just sent the following email to CoinKite in hopes that I can convince them to extend the deadline for this. I TRULY believe this is something that HAS to happen to Mintcoin. A while back I asked Zinc Save to include us in their payment system and they required a $12,000.00 USD commitment from us to do the same thing. We all know that it cost money to have programmers write the code needed for such things, and this is a VERY BIG THING if we can pull it off.

Here's the email I sent:

Hello,

My name is Ken Clark (Beaverslayer on the net) and I live in Calgary. I am one of the people working with the developer of Mintcoin to promote and gain its acceptance in the altcoin community. We have spent a lot of time and effort getting Mint to where it is right now, and will be continually striving to have Mint more widely accepted throughout the world.

Mintcoin is presently applying to have "The Mintcoin Fund" registered as an NGO in the country of France. Once the application is accepted and status granted, The Mintcoin Fund will then begin to implement it's support of energy efficiency and other projects such as the reforestation of Sonoma California Redwoods. We are hoping to be able to announce all this on Earth Day...fingers are crossed all the paper work was in order.

Anyways, I have recently been made aware about the competition so to speak of having altcoins included into your platform via having the community donate their coins to your company. I see that Blackcoin actually won this competition on April 9th. On the web page, it says that should any of the other coins raise the 25BTC by May 1st, that you would then consider implementing them as well.

Well, here's my request, and I truly hope that your company accepts. I have been spreading the word about this since I first saw it this morning. Everyone else in Mintcoin has just found out about this as well. So far just this morning there has been over 1.6 Million Mint already sent to the address listed, and I am going to continue to convince people to send some coins your way.

I would respectfully ask, that your company consider extending the deadline if at all possible. This would make it a much more feasible time frame for us to raise the needed Mint to have our coin included as well. I know that should Mintcoin be implemented into the CoinKite system, it would not only increase the value of Mintcoin, but would also be an added value to CoinKite.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this, if there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Ken Clark
The Mintcoin Team

Either way, I think everyone should at least send some Mint to the address to show how much we support OUR coin.
It would only be fair to extend the deadline considering Mint was only added to the list today whereas these other coins have been on there for much, much longer.
I will donate if we can get confirmation that MINT would also be added and developed. If someone can provide definitive proof that they will also add MINT by ~June 1 if the goal is reached. Has anyone been able to get in contact with CoinKite? The way it looks right now it is unclear about it even if the goal is reached if MINT will be added.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:09:36 AM

Stormia i think they are really early stage

Maybe they can fund Papsi to make it possible, Papsi should contact them an see if they wanna develop together something
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:15:13 AM

Wait how does this work - do they expect a bribe in order to list an altcoin or am I misunderstanding what everyone means when they keep saying we should all send mint for this...?

No they are not expecting a bribe, up to 75% of the money raised will go the the development of implementing Mint into their platform as well as their Debit Card system. The other 25% goes to a charity. This would be the biggest thing for Mintcoin to date.

If this is just to cover the cost of implementing then why is the extra 25% to "charity" needed?

Sounds extremely sketchy to me. Look, legitimate businesses don't ask for a bribe to accept a payment method. Can you imagine if a store asked visa for $10,000 to start accepting credit cards? Why is everyone asking like this is okay lol...
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:24:43 AM

Wait how does this work - do they expect a bribe in order to list an altcoin or am I misunderstanding what everyone means when they keep saying we should all send mint for this...?

No they are not expecting a bribe, up to 75% of the money raised will go the the development of implementing Mint into their platform as well as their Debit Card system. The other 25% goes to a charity. This would be the biggest thing for Mintcoin to date.

If this is just to cover the cost of implementing then why is the extra 25% to "charity" needed?

Sounds extremely sketchy to me. Look, legitimate businesses don't ask for a bribe to accept a payment method. Can you imagine if a store asked visa for $10,000 to start accepting credit cards? Why is everyone asking like this is okay lol...

It seemed sketchy to me too. That is why I want more information.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 01:31:57 AM

It's ABSOLUTELY sketchy! If it walks like a fuck and quacks like a fuck, it's a fuck.

It is bribery to get in on what they know is valuable, and if the "charity" aspect makes it all seem OK and let's people see past the obvious services bid-war happening, great!

We are bidding for a spot on a very promising gold claim. Strongest/richest bidder wins. Good luck!

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
dogechode

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:40:38 AM

So in other words yes it's sketchy but we should do it anyways? I will pass. I am totally against bribery in all forms in the crypto world, this is the same as exchanges accepting btc for "votes" for new coins. If we want crypto to be trusted and taken seriously and get rid of the stigma that has been on it since all the silk road and mt gox drama, we need to stand up to corrupt bullshit like this.
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:45:43 AM

It's ABSOLUTELY sketchy! If it walks like a fuck and quacks like a fuck, it's a fuck.

It is bribery to get in on what they know is valuable, and if the "charity" aspect makes it all seem OK and let's people see past the obvious services bid-war happening, great!

We are bidding for a spot on a very promising gold claim. Strongest/richest bidder wins. Good luck!

I don't see a contact number or I would just call. They have a twitter account and an email and an address and a facebook account. You can see and maybe contact locations using coinkite here's the list but I agree it's good to research https://coinkite.com/locations/
wxh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:02:46 AM

+1! Keep it up, people! If we all do our part we can easily reach this goal!

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.T5DYt31riPPBdwPg55Uqoh7Dw6w5YWoVwA
robinfx

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:04:05 AM

Yes keep it up the good work!!!  We can do it!
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:26:25 AM

Regarding the CoinKite issue and whether or not it is "Sketchy" or is a "Scam" or some weird way of doing business in the crypto world. If you don't already know, CoinKite is a Canadian registered business the same as Vault of Satoshi and therefore is REGULATED by the Canadian Government the same way that a bank in Canada is regulated.

CoinKite already has been providing there POS terminals to retailers all over the World for some time now and accepting Bitcoin and Litecoin as payment for goods and services. CoinKite DOES NOT NEED MINTCOIN, MINTCOIN NEEDS COINKITE.

The reasoning behind them asking coin communities to donate coins to them, has nothing, I Repeat Nothing, to do with bribing them, it has everything to do with the coins community proving to them that there is a viable, strong and dedicated community behind any coin they do decide to include in their service. The cost associated with writing the code and testing it so that it will work flawlessly on their system has to be paid for somehow, and they are asking for the coins help in doing this.

We as a community have already banded together and raised Mintcoin for the development of an Android wallet, and those Mintcoins will be payed out to the person or persons that does this, there is no difference from this, or donating to CoinKite.
The 25% or more that is not used for development is then given to a charity of their choice...WIN WIN situation here.

The argument I read about Visa asking their users to give them money to develop a credit card system is lame at best. In the early days, way back then, the people that created the idea of credit cards for consumers would have asked "Investors" to give them money to develop the framework and such for Visa to be brought to fruition. Yes, Visa would have most likely have given them future stock options or such, with CoinKite, Mintcoin as a community investor, would reap the GREAT benefits of this service as our future stock options.

Think of why the Blackcoin community or some of the bagholders donated the large sum of BC to get onto CoinKite. Do you actually think they did it just to help pump their coin? Of course they did not, they did it because they realize the importance of having such a service backing their coin.

The Mintcoin community has got to really start coming together and working together to get things like this a part of Mintcoin, just sitting around waiting and asking why the price hasn't gone up in over a month, is not the way to increase the value of Mintcoin, or any other coin for that matter. The developer of Mintcoin has shown he is dedicated to Mintcoin by getting Mintcoin accepted on over 20 exchanges and 30 retail goods/services providers. I myself did quite a bit of work on getting Mintcoin onto the Moolah platform. We cannot, as a community just sit back and wait for the next person to take charge, we have to work together, as a team, as a COMMUNITY.

Just go have a look at what Dogecoin has done through their community, they have done wonders, and EVERY ONE of the things they have done, has grown their community and raised their value. I can just imagine when their NASCAR car hits the track just how widespread Dogecoin will be. You do realize just how BIG NASCAR is in the USA....right? This is what a community does to help their cause along.

I have contacted them via email, as shown in the previously posted message, but it is Good Friday today and this is a holiday here in Canada, so I don't suspect I will hear back from then until Monday or Tuesday.

I'm not asking for you to send 10 Million Mintcoins to them, unless the need strikes you too, send what you can, help the community attain the things that will make OUR coin grow.

Mintcoin has been GIVING you new coins since going pure PoS, maybe it's time to give some of them back to Mintcoin.

Thank you for the time it took you all to read this post, it is appreciated.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:30:47 AM

Sorry, just one more thing.

Seeing as it is a holiday here in Canada, nobody at CoinKite has probably read my email yet. Imagine what their thoughts will be after reading it and then checking just how committed the Mintcoin community is by looking in the wallet that is posted? This will show them that we as a community are dedicated to our coin, and there's a real good chance they will extend the deadline, or even just tell us that as soon as we reach their goal, they will include us.

But regardless....please send some Mintcoins to the address.
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:35:29 AM

Regarding the CoinKite issue and whether or not it is "Sketchy" or is a "Scam" or some weird way of doing business in the crypto world. If you don't already know, CoinKite is a Canadian registered business the same as Vault of Satoshi and therefore is REGULATED by the Canadian Government the same way that a bank in Canada is regulated.

CoinKite already has been providing there POS terminals to retailers all over the World for some time now and accepting Bitcoin and Litecoin as payment for goods and services. CoinKite DOES NOT NEED MINTCOIN, MINTCOIN NEEDS COINKITE.

The reasoning behind them asking coin communities to donate coins to them, has nothing, I Repeat Nothing, to do with bribing them, it has everything to do with the coins community proving to them that there is a viable, strong and dedicated community behind any coin they do decide to include in their service. The cost associated with writing the code and testing it so that it will work flawlessly on their system has to be paid for somehow, and they are asking for the coins help in doing this.

We as a community have already banded together and raised Mintcoin for the development of an Android wallet, and those Mintcoins will be payed out to the person or persons that does this, there is no difference from this, or donating to CoinKite.
The 25% or more that is not used for development is then given to a charity of their choice...WIN WIN situation here.

The argument I read about Visa asking their users to give them money to develop a credit card system is lame at best. In the early days, way back then, the people that created the idea of credit cards for consumers would have asked "Investors" to give them money to develop the framework and such for Visa to be brought to fruition. Yes, Visa would have most likely have given them future stock options or such, with CoinKite, Mintcoin as a community investor, would reap the GREAT benefits of this service as our future stock options.

Think of why the Blackcoin community or some of the bagholders donated the large sum of BC to get onto CoinKite. Do you actually think they did it just to help pump their coin? Of course they did not, they did it because they realize the importance of having such a service backing their coin.

The Mintcoin community has got to really start coming together and working together to get things like this a part of Mintcoin, just sitting around waiting and asking why the price hasn't gone up in over a month, is not the way to increase the value of Mintcoin, or any other coin for that matter. The developer of Mintcoin has shown he is dedicated to Mintcoin by getting Mintcoin accepted on over 20 exchanges and 30 retail goods/services providers. I myself did quite a bit of work on getting Mintcoin onto the Moolah platform. We cannot, as a community just sit back and wait for the next person to take charge, we have to work together, as a team, as a COMMUNITY.

Just go have a look at what Dogecoin has done through their community, they have done wonders, and EVERY ONE of the things they have done, has grown their community and raised their value. I can just imagine when their NASCAR car hits the track just how widespread Dogecoin will be. You do realize just how BIG NASCAR is in the USA....right? This is what a community does to help their cause along.

I have contacted them via email, as shown in the previously posted message, but it is Good Friday today and this is a holiday here in Canada, so I don't suspect I will hear back from then until Monday or Tuesday.

I'm not asking for you to send 10 Million Mintcoins to them, unless the need strikes you too, send what you can, help the community attain the things that will make OUR coin grow.

Mintcoin has been GIVING you new coins since going pure PoS, maybe it's time to give some of them back to Mintcoin.

Thank you for the time it took you all to read this post, it is appreciated.

Once again thanks Beaverslayer for all the extra effort you put into helping the community and believing in Mintcoin!
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:39:15 AM

I just got this from WC forum

Someone has just paid for an android wallet and online wallet also. Those services are coming for you guys soon.

Heres a test wallet of our work:http://wallet.raxe.io/

Here is the android app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raxe.demo

Thats great.  Really great, BC guys haven't make this yet.

Theres also a POS wallet being develop by Mintcoin comunity, maybe we can join efforts

If you want us to help with your development we are there with you. We are all about technological progression here is our details:

https://twitter.com/RaxeSoftware
contact@raxe.io

Maibe we can work with them together
Interesting. I wonder how far along they actually are. Paspi may very well be ahead of where they are in the process. Do they have anymore details other than screenshots of a BTC android wallet (which says nothing about the state of a PoS wallet)? Also, are they referring to an android wallet that has complete PoS functionality? Just curious because they aren't clear about that.

These people are a company that requires payment for the development of services they build. I suspect the Android wallet they just made cost anywhere from $5,000 to $7,500 USD. Check out their website, they charge for all their services. One thing to note though, is that Blackcoin is most likely got people wrking on an Android PoS wallet right now as well, and I suspect they also have bagholders with deep pockets willing to pay for it.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:39:58 AM

It may be an asset to be added, but like other people here, I don't like the idea of bribery, quasi-coercion, and "tipping" (*wink*wink*), but the undertones of the method to get added are "shady", to say the least.

As dogechode stated, the crypto world has been soiled by recent events, and we really need some positive light to reverse any damage. This doesn't help.

Voting, I get - payed voting, and "payed admission", I do not like. This ain't a Country Club membership, and shouldn't be treated as such.

Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:52:32 AM

It may be an asset to be added, but like other people here, I don't like the idea of bribery, quasi-coercion, and "tipping" (*wink*wink*), but the undertones of the method to get added are "shady", to say the least.

As dogechode stated, the crypto world has been soiled by recent events, and we really need some positive light to reverse any damage. This doesn't help.

Voting, I get - payed voting, and "payed admission", I do not like. This ain't a Country Club membership, and shouldn't be treated as such.

So, if you ran your own business and a company came to you and showed you that for X amount of dollars they would be able to get your customer base extended ALL ACROSS THE WORLD and provide you that service for a ONE TIME reasonable amount of money....you wouldn't take them up on the offer?

People, you have to get over the idea that these companies that have invested their own time and money into providing a service for us, the altcoin community and are looking to get back some of that investment by having us pay for new development costs, is a BRIBE.

Do you all really understand just what a BRIBE is? They are not posted publicly and are not given to charities, they are SECRET SHADY things that take place in dark alleys.

Yes this is a country club membership, because if we get accepted to the country club, we as a COMMUNITY get to reap the benefits of the country club.
dogechode

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:06:20 AM

Beaver, you have it backwards lol. Coinkite is going to make all the money by processing payments. They are charging you so they can make double money it's absurd lol.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:14:22 AM

Beaver, you have it backwards lol. Coinkite is going to make all the money by processing payments. They are charging you so they can make double money it's absurd lol.

I do not have it backwards in any way shape or form. Yes CoinKite will make money through the services they provide to retailers...over many years...

I challenge you or any other doubters to go online, find a company that is in the business of developing software/hardware to implement any service for businesses. Ask them if they will spend the time and money to develop specific software and hardware, then test such to be sure it's workable....for FREE....in the hopes that in the future they can make some money off of it.

Even the post a page back about the Android wallet from roxio.io, have a look at their website, they charge a minimum $10,000.00 USD to develop a crypto coin exchange for anyone that's interested. These are not BRIBES, it is the Cost of doing Business....simple as that.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:20:05 AM

Can you think of an alternative service of comparable significance, which is available by other means? Coinkite enables any retailer to accept BTC, LTC and soon BC as a payment method. Being the next coin alongside BTC and LTC on their service could be very, very beneficial to MINT if coinkite took off.
dogechode

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:34:13 AM

Dude what they are offering doesn't change the fact that it's a sleazy ass bribe and the fact they are trying to say 25% will go to charity makes it painfully obvious that they are doing something shady and basically trying to put lipstick on a pig. No thanks I am not taking part in this, crypto has a bad enough reputation already.
Pages: « 1 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 [672] 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: