Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:40:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 [690] 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:37:06 PM

Everyone please help support the Mintcoin Thunderclap campaign.  Mintcoin on Earthday  support https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

Done!

Is there a way to make the embed for the Thunderclap work on the forum?

Done as well, and I can't seem to get the embed scrypt to work on the forum, I don't think it's possible.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 10:45:07 PM

Mintcoin Fund:  How is something that dumps Mintcoins onto the market supposed to increase the price of Mint?  Awareness? People already know of Mint.
Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price. It is about accomplishing a goal. Increasing mint price is just a consequence. That's why it works, because, as I said before here and on another community thread, a coin without a cause can only go that far.
"Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price"
I knew you would focus on this part Smiley Please reread my text.
For all of you: I am also working on something unrelated to crypto, longevity (see http://longevityalliance.org if you are interested - heard of Google's Calico?). There is one motto there: we are not working on making people live longer. We are working on making them live healthier. Longevity is just the natural consequence.
Same thing here for mintcoin. If you want the consequences, work on the causes.

Various Updates:  What does this even mean?  Fixing grammar and spelling mistakes are consider updates.
It meant "too much things I don't feel like detailling once, because anyway, they will show up by themselves. A dev rarely mention every debugging he did or every optimization he made. He just said "I was working on this". Same here.
Just detail 1 or 2 big things, we don't need the details of everything.
Alright but later, once I have catched up work and IF I am not too tired (I' is almost 1AM for me and I am working tomorrow). I promise I will, I just can't promise for tonight. Deal?

Android Wallet:  Something that actually has some merit.  But if it's closed source, you're going to get burned by the alt community, if it's open everyone is just going to copy it and you have nothing again.
Please read above. Condition for the bounty was that it would be open-source so it will be open-source. Yes, it will be copied by anyone and this is a good thing - as long as we accept the fact that it will be and we try to capitalise on this. We are about transparency and bringing something more than satoshi to the crypto-world. And we deliver.
Great news, while you're all about transparency can you show us a ledger for the 700 million premine?
This I cannot because I am not the dev - the dev has it, not me and there won't be 700 since some had been donated already. What I can show you is the amount of money on the several donations I am hosting.

For those of you that don't know, whales move the altcoin markets, and I can't see them pushing through all the sell walls and all the whales circling to unload.  About 50% is being held by the top 50 wallets, mintcoins are so concentrated at the top, that I don't see any pumping group risking going too high on this coin.
This is real issue for every crypto. The Gini index for crypto is catastropic. I am thinking of some ideas to reduce this but nothing clear for the moment. At least, not clear enough that I feel confident to say out loud in the open.
A better distribution of coins would help.
I agree wholeheartedly. We can't force people to share their wealth, but we have other way to convince them - this is the "secret" part that I am not ready to talk about Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 10:48:16 PM

Done as well, and I can't seem to get the embed scrypt to work on the forum, I don't think it's possible.
Could be something to add on the MintCoin Fund website. I'll ask our webmistress.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:57:44 PM

Could be something to add on the MintCoin Fund website. I'll ask our webmistress.

There should also be a way to embed it into the Reddit pages as well.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 11:02:24 PM

Good idea, I think we have some people conversant in reddit here, no?

Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:08:39 PM

Good idea, I think we have some people conversant in reddit here, no?

I just sent a email to the developer to see if he can embed it.
pristontale

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:04:44 AM

Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {
"wallet check passed" : true
}. Kinda sucks that I lost all my coins for some unknown reason >.<

1.5 and 1.6 are following a wrong chain. 1.7 update was mandatory.

Now, you have a few options;

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:11:04 AM

Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

Do they show up at your address(es) on the blockchain? http://mint.blockx.info/get/chain/MintCoin
litemaster

Activity: 169

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:13:50 AM

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

It really sounds like your wallet.dat file got deleted or overwritten.  You did back up before you upgraded your wallet right? I sure hope so.... BACKUP ALWAYS!!!
Restore the backed up wallet.dat to C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin\

If you don't have the same address it means that the wallet.dat file is not the same one you sent the coins to. IMHO.

BITCOIN: 13UY67yfRjRVMR6hauZJbauHiDfeM2qXSg
MINTCOIN: MdVzxTfLDrzdij9vpee1YJGotBahfsfmqs
ASIACOIN: AH7dunb5G99XzCNj1KnGCdPkqc27pRPfBu
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:29:15 AM

Do you have an old wallet.dat file saved on a USB ir something? One that you had previously to upgrading your wallet?

If you do have this file, and have not used it yet to try and find your coins, then you are still able to get them back.

Save a copy of the wallet.dat file to your desktop, be sure it is one that you have not used before.

Then, click the Windows Start Button (lower left on screen) and in the text box type %appdata% just above where you typed this, a folder called Roaming will appear. Double click this folder and scroll down until you see the Mintcoin folder. Open this folder and delete everything in the folder, then close out and return to your desktop.

Now, click on the Mintcoin-QT.exe file be sure it is the newest version of the wallet 1.8 DO NOT USE 1.5
Once the wallet is opened and you can see that it is syncing with the network, close the wallet.

Now, go back and click the Windows Start button again, type %appdata% open the Roaming file, scroll to the Mintcoin file open it, then delete the wallet.dat file. Only this file needs to be deleted. Once you have deleted it, copy the wallet.dat file from your desktop and paste it into the Mintcoin folder. Restart the wallet and allow it to completely sync with the network, this will take a few hours.

If the wallet.dat file you used from a USB flash drive was not corrupted from trying to use it before, then your coins will be added back to your wallet once the wallet syncs completely.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:40:26 AM

It appears someone is pushing the price down on Mintpal. They use a 10 BTC chunk to push it downward. They hit the next lowest, then suddenly 10 BTC gets moved down 1 sat to fill the new spot. This implies they expect the price to rise enough to make buying that many worth while. I believe it may have to do with the rumors of a PoS android wallet incoming.

This also implies a pump&dump will be incoming as well. Could be low as 18-20 sats if they can't get a bigger pump going.

Edit: A pump and dump could actually be GOOD for everyone, as price will rise again and coins will then be spread out more. What the new holders do with the coins matters too.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:43:55 AM

Well, I did my small part for the evening. Bought ~920,000 to push my small bag over 3M. It was a steal @12!  Wink
Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:51:11 AM

I like this MINT price at the moment. Gives newcomers fair change to buy.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
luuupooo

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:22:38 AM

i think it is still open
voted
makemebeat

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:57:31 AM

Guys, coins stayed in wallet already 40 days, but minting doesn't start, nothing hold and nothing "mined". WTF

What version wallet do you have?
How many coins do you have in the wallet?
How long do you leave the wallet open for each day?
1.7. It's not really neccessary to upgrade to 1.8.
I've got 3,5M.
How long it is open? What for I should leave it open? Coins were for months there and I didn't open wallet. Three days ago open, download blockchain, unlock it....and nothing.
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:10:19 AM

Guys, coins stayed in wallet already 40 days, but minting doesn't start, nothing hold and nothing "mined". WTF

What version wallet do you have?
How many coins do you have in the wallet?
How long do you leave the wallet open for each day?
1.7. It's not really neccessary to upgrade to 1.8.
I've got 3,5M.
How long it is open? What for I should leave it open? Coins were for months there and I didn't open wallet. Three days ago open, download blockchain, unlock it....and nothing.
Keep your wallet unlocked and open for some time, it will eventually happen. It has to compete with the network to generate a stake

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:15:07 AM

[...]

It sounded to me like you didn't backup your wallet.dat while upgrading (or didn't put the backed up file into the %appdata% folder before starting mint). If you have your wallet.dat anywhere on your computer (even if it's very old), you will be able to recover your coins. Close your wallet, copy your old wallet.dat into mintcoin's appdata folder, open mint, if you see your addresses but not coins, try "checkwallet".

If you got your coins from mintpal or poloniex, those exchanges are guaranteed to be on the correct chain, so you should have your coins in your address no matter what (even if you were on the incorrect chain while at 1.5, as sender was on the correct chain, the transactions would have been accepted in both chains). Still if you don't have your old wallet.dat, you cannot claim them

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:17:09 AM

Can you open your coin control features and sort by list and highest conformations?
Whats the amount of conformations on top entires and amounts in coins?
If you have over 60 000 conformations on top inputs and amount in coins is decent, then you will have your interest coins soon.

Minting icon is already implemented in pull request. We are waiting for merge from mintcointeam. This will provide more info when minting is active and estimated time for getting interest.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 12:56:39 PM

Is anyone using Pinterest? It will be extremely helpful to our campaign if we open a Pinterest board and follow the campaigns with the images as well. Please contact me either on this forum or by PM.

5flags

Activity: 224

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 01:06:07 PM

Just for information - I'm working on a Metro style (what we now have to call "Modern", sigh) app for the Windows desktop. It runs in client only mode (SPV). Although it will naturally target Bitcoin first, Mint and NXT are planned to follow.

I will need to enlist Minters for dogfooding when we are ready.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 [690] 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: