Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:31:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 [714] 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:10:59 PM

Mintcoin has a lot of merchants accepting mint, what was your last purchase that you paid for with mintcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:51:53 PM

I know there are a lot of great guys here because I check in from time to time to see what's going on.  I've been busy helping Crypto Moms get started and have missed the latest Mintcoin news for some time now.  While Crypto Moms mission is to increase womens participation in cryptocurrecy,  they are there for everyone to learn and be involved.  I think all newcomers, especially women, will be impressed with Mintcoin (POS, environmental convictions, etc).

I have started a thread (on the Crypto Moms forum) for Mintcoin under "General Disussion" and would really appreciate if a few of you great guys would sign up, fill us in on Mintcoin news, and answer a few questions if necessary.

Please post about the Mintcoin Fund and the Redwood Reforestation Project - I am very impressed!  Let us know what we can do to help.

Thanks!

http://cryptomoms.com/forum/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 05:38:31 PM

I know there are a lot of great guys here because I check in from time to time to see what's going on.  I've been busy helping Crypto Moms get started and have missed the latest Mintcoin news for some time now.  While Crypto Moms mission is to increase womens participation in cryptocurrecy,  they are there for everyone to learn and be involved.  I think all newcomers, especially women, will be impressed with Mintcoin (POS, environmental convictions, etc).

I have started a thread (on the Crypto Moms forum) for Mintcoin under "General Disussion" and would really appreciate if a few of you great guys would sign up, fill us in on Mintcoin news, and answer a few questions if necessary.

Please post about the Mintcoin Fund and the Redwood Reforestation Project - I am very impressed!  Let us know what we can do to help.

Thanks!

Wow! That is a nice little community I had not heard of. Lots of helpful posts on those boards! Thanks for mentioning Mintcoin!

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:00:15 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for your support! That's true there's not enough women in cryptocurrencies, or do they just stay in the dark?
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:21:40 PM

Mintcoin has a lot of merchants accepting mint, what was your last purchase that you paid for with mintcoins?

I just bought two sapphire R7  240 2GB graphics cards with mint on blkroad. Working on building my first rig.
thedude11

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:06:46 PM

Hey can anyone help me out im trying to not trade my stake coins and only trade the coins i minted. Is there a command in console to save X amount of coins for stake only and not for trade?

Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:13:24 PM

Hey can anyone help me out im trying to not trade my stake coins and only trade the coins i minted. Is there a command in console to save X amount of coins for stake only and not for trade?

You can simply use coin control features to select the newest inputs and use them for your transfer.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:34:14 PM

Nothing related to minting parameters in source code has changed. If anyone would try to change minting values, it would lead to fork, because those blocks would be rejected by main chain.
That is one of the reasons why cryptocoins are secure and safe. No one can abuse the code and end up with more coins than others.

Yet the wallet has minted 15% less coins. I'll see what happens on 1.8 throughout the day

I'm not making any accusations that someone monkeyed with the code, I'm just wondering why I have received less with the 1.9.1 wallet. As I said before, I'm using 1.8 again and got 2 mint transactions right away so I've compromised any comparison between minting ability of the two wallets.

Let's see what others say
I am pretty sure that you just need to leave your wallet open longer and the coins will eventually come through. The coins tend to get split up with the timing of trying to find blocks because exact timing is changed when you mint. I think what happened in your cases is that when you switched to version 1.8 you turned your wallets off briefly, and by doing this you consolidated your coin age/weight "timing" together and helped you find a block shortly after.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
thedude11

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:35:45 PM

You can simply use coin control features to select the newest inputs and use them for your transfer.

Oh I see thank you, I wish minted coins could be received by a designated address so wouldnt stack ontop of already staking coins to help differentiate.

dille71

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:58:15 PM

A lot of people are asking about the staking process. The "estimate" you are seeing displayed from the wallet should be taken about as seriously as Nostradamus' predictions. If you have a very small number of coins it is possible you will never stake or that it will take an extremely long time (weeks or months) for you to stake. If you want to stake faster, use coin control to combine your coins so they aren't spread out into many chunks attempting to all stake separately. Large chunks = more weight = faster staking.
How is the shown weight calculated? I know only a single transaction can become coinstake, and wallet searches through all eligible transactions while minting. If I have multiple eligible transactions, which weight does it show, total weight?

I believe it should show the weight for whichever chunk of coins in your wallet has the greatest likelihood of staking first.

My weight = 11 604 167
Network weight = 52 973 580
Expected time to earn reward = 2 minutes

Wallet open 24/7
Didn't stake in 2 days
It says 2 minutes all the time..

Still no stake. Closed and re-opened wallet a couple of times, it still say 2 minutes to reward.
Before i installed 1.9 i staked 2-3 times every hour.
Whats wrong..??

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
thedude11

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:57:39 PM

A lot of people are asking about the staking process. The "estimate" you are seeing displayed from the wallet should be taken about as seriously as Nostradamus' predictions. If you have a very small number of coins it is possible you will never stake or that it will take an extremely long time (weeks or months) for you to stake. If you want to stake faster, use coin control to combine your coins so they aren't spread out into many chunks attempting to all stake separately. Large chunks = more weight = faster staking.
How is the shown weight calculated? I know only a single transaction can become coinstake, and wallet searches through all eligible transactions while minting. If I have multiple eligible transactions, which weight does it show, total weight?

I believe it should show the weight for whichever chunk of coins in your wallet has the greatest likelihood of staking first.

My weight = 11 604 167
Network weight = 52 973 580
Expected time to earn reward = 2 minutes

Wallet open 24/7
Didn't stake in 2 days
It says 2 minutes all the time..

Still no stake. Closed and re-opened wallet a couple of times, it still say 2 minutes to reward.
Whats wrong..??

repairwallet true in debug console and keep your wallet open all day.

paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

Whats wrong..??
There was a 1.9.1 shortly released after 1.9.

v1.9 had a problem. Maybe you are using 1.9 instead of 1.9.1 ?

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:06:31 PM

You can read just few pages back or search my user name on this thread.
I have explained it all with screenshots. Amounts are calculated based on 20% yearly interest. You will not always get same amount of coins because large inputs get occasionaly splited (as a result you can get two half size interest payment instead of one full size)

I understand that the minted amounts won't have the exact same numerical value, but the sum of amounts should be greater.

Lets say I minted 10k total 20 days ago from two inputs (these two inputs have same coinage). I got those 10k coins in however many minted transactions with whatever values, it doesn't matter. The point is 10k coins were minted.

Fast forward to 24 days later. The wallet only mints 8k coins, even though I have more coins.

I haven't moved coins from the address I'm talking about.

edit: I loaded 1.8 wallet and have minted twice within 40 minutes, larger amounts too. I had 1.9.1 open for hours and got nothing. Could be a coincidence, sure.
It is not very easy to compare minted values. It all depends on coin age and amounts.

Your received transactions becomes eligible for minting after 20 days. They don't have to generate an interest at 20 day mark, they can generate it much later depending on network (only 1 address on the whole network can mint once 30 seconds). Up to 40 days, you will receive more interest based on days. If minting occurs after day 40, you'll get 40 days of interest. But it is a random process, whether to generate or not depends on coin age (days * amount) and luck.

For example, maybe that 10k was generated on day 25, and 8k was generated on day 20.

Each time you generate a minted coin, what happens is your original transaction is spent, and a new unspent transaction (with current date) is received in wallet. The old transaction cannot mint any more coins. You have to wait another 20 days to get any interest on your freshly received coins.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:43:16 AM

What is the best way to combine using coin control? With HBN I could just create a second wallet in the app and send coins to wallet B (and then back to A if desired) to combine them but mint doesn't support multiple wallets right?

Theres no need to use second wallet for combining inputs. You can simply transfer coins to your own address = send the coins to yourself.

Do you send them to the same (main) address or should I create a second address to send them to?

Thanks!
luuupooo

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:05:36 AM

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello minters

we still have the change to show our support for our first project on mintcoifund.
We have 3 days left to get another 48 people.
So if we work together its easy.
Please support   

I'll support the project. We need 47 people now .

Sweeet. Thank you. We only need 39 more people now. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello

Nice guys. Just 32 left!
Can someone used to reddit, post it again there? With the option that if we reach the goal, i will donate 1 million mintcoins to the project.
Cheers
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:09:09 AM

What is the best way to combine using coin control? With HBN I could just create a second wallet in the app and send coins to wallet B (and then back to A if desired) to combine them but mint doesn't support multiple wallets right?

Theres no need to use second wallet for combining inputs. You can simply transfer coins to your own address = send the coins to yourself.

Do you send them to the same (main) address or should I create a second address to send them to?

Thanks!

Up to you, i have two addresses in my wallet, one I use for trading if needed, other I called stake.  I move in blocks to the stake wallet, depends on the amount.  Makes it a bit easier to see the different wallets in the coin control sections.  I then will recombine the blocks if I need to.  I started witha  5 million block 40 days ago, it staked, and had 2x 2.5million+some stake, and this just finished minting about an hour ago, and now I have 4 1.27 million blocks.  I could then use coin control, grab my address, and then resend all 4 back to myself in a single 5 million if I wanted.  They stake faster the bigger the block, but it's not a huge issue for me, so i just left the 4 blocks...

on coin control...Don't touch the ones that are higher confirmations, check off the lower confirmations if you need to send them.  And staking isn't on the address, it's on the block of coins.  you can use tree view, or list view, if you have two addresses, it will seperate them into different labels, making it easier to see where all the coins are.  You can find out when they are ready, just add 20...so if you stake today on all the blocks, on 5/23/2014 they should be getting ready for the next mint.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
RoyalSands

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:09:56 AM

Thanks!

Up to you, i have two addresses in my wallet, one I use for trading if needed, other I called stake.  I move in blocks to the stake wallet, depends on the amount.  Makes it a bit easier to see the different wallets in the coin control sections.  I then will recombine the blocks if I need to.  I started witha  5 million block 40 days ago, it staked, and had 2x 2.5million+some stake, and this just finished minting about an hour ago, and now I have 4 1.27 million blocks.  I could then use coin control, grab my address, and then resend all 4 back to myself in a single 5 million if I wanted.  They stake faster the bigger the block, but it's not a huge issue for me, so i just left the 4 blocks...

on coin control...Don't touch the ones that are higher confirmations, check off the lower confirmations if you need to send them.  And staking isn't on the address, it's on the block of coins.  you can use tree view, or list view, if you have two addresses, it will seperate them into different labels, making it easier to see where all the coins are.  You can find out when they are ready, just add 20...so if you stake today on all the blocks, on 5/23/2014 they should be getting ready for the next mint.

interesting stuff, why would i have coins dated:
2/27
3/6
4/5
4/10
under coin control?
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:10:07 AM

Come on guys
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello
We must get 30 more minimum in 1 day

SOCIAL REACH
If we get 30 more people we will have at least a 50k Social Reach!
That is an extra 50,000 people hearing about Mintcoin just by 30 more people pressing share.

drakandar

Activity: 286

Faircoin Development Team Member

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 09:31:25 AM

Come on guys
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest?locale=enHello
We must get 30 more minimum in 1 day

SOCIAL REACH
If we get 30 more people we will have at least a 50k Social Reach!
That is an extra 50,000 people hearing about Mintcoin just by 30 more people pressing share.

Supported this cause by allowing Thunderclap to send a message through Twitter on my behalf Cheesy

Faircoin, the coin of the fair economy | https://fair-coin.org | https://faircoinpaperwallet.com
https://www.fair.coop | The Earth cooperative to create a new economic system, based in global fairness
salv8or

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:57:38 AM

Hi all.

I tried to deposit some mints to Mintpal the otherday, but for some reasom the lot af them have just disapeared into oblivium.
Cant see the transaction in the block explorer, the wallet have sent the transaction, but no mints on mintpal.
Can some one help me?

This is what it looks like:

Wallet:
http://s16.postimg.org/n1nwmb6it/wallet.png

Wallet transaction:
http://s16.postimg.org/i4ac174jp/wallet_transactions.png

Mintpal deposit adress:
http://s16.postimg.org/70qpvlj9h/Mintpal_deposit.png

Blockchain to my wallet:
http://s16.postimg.org/84au7k3wl/mint_block_explorer.png

My wallet adress: MeUb2QveC57vQaoq27fjDsmPsjqU1YQvGC

My deposit adress on mintpal: MZ6MvnouboCMf1xEB93nyB1X7odkzdcvZL

The transaction ID: d2d1bb0ce9626bf4ecb0c52e853c234fa85db47bdbfec588709971773fbfd7d0

All and any help appriciated.

Thnx in advance.

Pages: « 1 ... 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 [714] 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: