Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:56:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 [741] 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
vcoinminer0938

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:48:01 AM

Wonder why dev don't put some revenues to stable MINT.
They earn a lot from their exchanges...
Because it's hopeless?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:55:08 AM

mint is in the wild now, it will either survive on it's merits or become worthless if it has no advantages over other cryptos.

blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:02:42 AM

Yikes, I can honestly say my faith is a bit shaken.  I have never seen a coin rise this far, this fast, build such a large community, and then bam!  Straight down.  It's like someone slammed on the brakes and never let off them.

This is MINT.  This is the coin that started the entire PoS craze!

Oh well, I don't dump, I have been buying a few million here, a few million there, and sending them to my wallet to stake since MINT dropped under 20 satoshis, so I may as well scoop up a few million more and go down with the ship if I must.

Hope we see some life back in good old MINT one of these days.

You guys should really make a combined effort to get your hash power on MINT and show there is buying power that can reverse your long term down trend. I offer MINT payouts on http://www.cryptoalts.com but mining support has been somewhat non-existent (http://cryptoalts.com/cointable/).

With your volume, something like 0.5-1BTC of buy pressure a day could really make a difference and set off a slow upward motion instead of losing 1 sat per week. I get there's Hashcows and other larger pools, but I always encourage BC miners to stay on BCP or use my pool. Because individually you are weak, but together you can be strong.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:05:36 AM

Yikes, I can honestly say my faith is a bit shaken.  I have never seen a coin rise this far, this fast, build such a large community, and then bam!  Straight down.  It's like someone slammed on the brakes and never let off them.

Oh well, I don't dump, I have been buying a few million here, a few million there, and sending them to my wallet to stake since MINT dropped under 20 satoshis, so I may as well scoop up a few million more and go down with the ship if I must.

It didn't help that it was intentionally steamrolled by a jealous dev from the beginning.

Even sadder than where the coin's value sits right now, is the lack of enthusiasm of this community. Lack of activity here will not help. I may start posting random facts or something (kidding, but...) just to keep the thread up front.

Activity folks! Let's not let this slide into obscurity!

I know the android wallet is coming, and that should increase awareness, but... let's have a chat-fest or something!  Grin

What do you mean steamrolled by a jealous dev? Interested since I've been in it from day 1.
See this and ten or fifteen that follow:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg6380779#msg6380779

acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:44:17 AM

So is anything going to be happening that may revive the coin or is it basically dead at this point?
for starters, first POS android client is on its way.

This has been dragging on quite awhile now. You are the second person to attempt this. I'm confident your intentions are good and honorable and you have limitations on your time/resources to complete this task but....

Any way to bring in some help to see this completed sooner rather than later?

It was mentioned by a number of people that having the wallet mint was secondary to just having a mobile wallet.

If an android wallet didn't need the minting function, would it have been completed by now? Just curious.

KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:54:19 AM

What happen to the original dev for Mintcoin?
I know there is the Mintcoin Team on facebook and twitter, is the owner of this coin still around?
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 05:01:11 AM

I know there is the Mintcoin Team on facebook and twitter, is the owner of this coin still around?

I've never seen/heard any evidence to suggest the original developer is still not behind the coin.

What has lead you to believe otherwise?
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:08:35 AM

I've never seen/heard any evidence to suggest the original developer is still not behind the coin.

What has lead you to believe otherwise?
I wasn't sure if he/she was or not. I'd hoped so but I don't remember seeing many post lately?
vcoinminer0938

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:22:19 AM

devs dead?
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 05:36:24 AM

devs dead?

FUD some?
dille71

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:55:29 AM

You guys should really make a combined effort to get your hash power on MINT and show there is buying power that can reverse your long term down trend. I offer MINT payouts on http://www.cryptoalts.com but mining support has been somewhat non-existent (http://cryptoalts.com/cointable/).

With your volume, something like 0.5-1BTC of buy pressure a day could really make a difference and set off a slow upward motion instead of losing 1 sat per week. I get there's Hashcows and other larger pools, but I always encourage BC miners to stay on BCP or use my pool. Because individually you are weak, but together you can be strong.

Adding my 0.8Mhash for a while, lets see how it goes:)

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:33:43 AM

So is anything going to be happening that may revive the coin or is it basically dead at this point?

This has been dragging on quite awhile now. You are the second person to attempt this. I'm confident your intentions are good and honorable and you have limitations on your time/resources to complete this task but....

It was mentioned by a number of people that having the wallet mint was secondary to just having a mobile wallet.

If an android wallet didn't need the minting function, would it have been completed by now? Just curious.
No. I haven't done anything specific to add minting function yet. All the changes so far was to make bitcoin android library work for a POS coin without comprimising its security. And now the changes are complete, the library is running in the wild, connected to random nodes on the network (helps finding bugs once in a while)

As a side effect of required changes for POS security verifications, adding staking to the library became very easy -- it wasn't the initial target at all.

Not sure if there's any task I can offload to anyone else at this time. mrqu1cky sent his branding changes for android app, so it made things much easier, a huge thanks. Actually it will probably work just fine now if I just bind the library and app together, and release them. But it'll require a full blockchain download that would last for a couple of hours, so I don't want to release it in this state, it'll scare the users and undermine all the development done so far. There are some changes I want to make on the android app so initial blockchain sync problem gets resolved before release, and one extra feature we have been talking with David Latapie. Then I think it'll be worth the wait

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:47:36 AM

I have my 1,6 Mh pointed at hashcows and payouts are in MINT.
bamsterdam

Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:07:45 PM

have you guys heard of http://www.quickcoin.co/? it lets you send btc REALLY easily to your facebook friends. much easier than all those tipbots. And they are working on implementing other social networks and whatsapp. I would suggest a bounty for them for a Mintcoin implementation. I would contribute 200k. You think we can get a couple BTC for this project?

this seems overlooked ?
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 12:38:10 PM

No. I haven't done anything specific to add minting function yet. All the changes so far was to make bitcoin android library work for a POS coin without comprimising its security. And now the changes are complete, the library is running in the wild, connected to random nodes on the network (helps finding bugs once in a while)

As a side effect of required changes for POS security verifications, adding staking to the library became very easy -- it wasn't the initial target at all.

Not sure if there's any task I can offload to anyone else at this time. mrqu1cky sent his branding changes for android app, so it made things much easier, a huge thanks. Actually it will probably work just fine now if I just bind the library and app together, and release them. But it'll require a full blockchain download that would last for a couple of hours, so I don't want to release it in this state, it'll scare the users and undermine all the development done so far. There are some changes I want to make on the android app so initial blockchain sync problem gets resolved before release, and one extra feature we have been talking with David Latapie. Then I think it'll be worth the wait

Sounds very encouraging AND near completion. That's good news. And a big thanks for your efforts.

I view a wallet much the same as a railroad or freeway. They allow for the easy movement of people. A mobile wallet allows for the easy movement of coin - without the necessity of being near a computer.

Once you can easily share Mintcoin ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, , it gets into more hands, more quickly, MANY MORE. And this velocity becomes rapid (hopefully almost viral!) . With more people becoming part of the network it motivates more people to create more places for people to spend those coins. And the cycle continues...

Anyways, enough of my rant, looking forward to having the wallet on my phone and tablet!

mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:41:43 PM

have you guys heard of http://www.quickcoin.co/? it lets you send btc REALLY easily to your facebook friends. much easier than all those tipbots. And they are working on implementing other social networks and whatsapp. I would suggest a bounty for them for a Mintcoin implementation. I would contribute 200k. You think we can get a couple BTC for this project?

this seems overlooked ?

I'm contacting them! Thanks for the suggestion.
RoyalSands

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

Can someone tell me the max stake age?  I don't see it in the OP, thanks.

Yeah, so I have wallet v1.9.1 and it is always open yet I have coins from March 6th and April 14th that still have not staked.  All the other coins are staking fine.  And I'm not a complete moron but I most definitely did not read this entire thread. 

Can someone tell me the max stake age

Bonus: Why do I have coins from 3/6 and 4/14 that haven't staked yet?
Staking is a stochastic process. It may, it may not. Amount of coins in the transaction increase your chances.

Minimum required time is 20 days, there is no max time to generate a stake, but your interest won't increase after 40 days.

Your amounts in the transaction might be too low, it may be better to merge them into a single bigger transaction (and wait 20 days), or just use them when you're paying something.

"interest won't increase after 40 days"

Thanks,  that is exactly what I was looking for, I merged the transactions since they were too old.
RoyalSands

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:02:38 PM

It didn't help that it was intentionally steamrolled by a jealous dev from the beginning.

Even sadder than where the coin's value sits right now, is the lack of enthusiasm of this community. Lack of activity here will not help. I may start posting random facts or something (kidding, but...) just to keep the thread up front.

Activity folks! Let's not let this slide into obscurity!

I know the android wallet is coming, and that should increase awareness, but... let's have a chat-fest or something!  Grin

What do you mean steamrolled by a jealous dev? Interested since I've been in it from day 1.
See this and ten or fifteen that follow:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg6380779#msg6380779

Can someone give me the tl;dr version?
And what was the original devs name on here?
onebutton

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:06:40 PM

Sounds very encouraging AND near completion. That's good news. And a big thanks for your efforts.

I view a wallet much the same as a railroad or freeway. They allow for the easy movement of people. A mobile wallet allows for the easy movement of coin - without the necessity of being near a computer.

Once you can easily share Mintcoin ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, , it gets into more hands, more quickly, MANY MORE. And this velocity becomes rapid (hopefully almost viral!) . With more people becoming part of the network it motivates more people to create more places for people to spend those coins. And the cycle continues...

Anyways, enough of my rant, looking forward to having the wallet on my phone and tablet!

yes
What a good news
We empathy
 Cheesy
onebutton

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:08:05 PM

Mintcoin has a good future, just look at it long term.
Now there are 20% coins generated on a yearly base, in three years this will be only 5%.
What do you think that will do with the price  Wink
Anyway, I will not sell untill we reached the 5% , then we will see...

yes
We should stick to it
It is always a holdouts of the game
 Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 [741] 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: