Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:41:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 [765] 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369738 times)
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:06:05 PM

wow amazing post, David!

Come on, Mr. Developer! Give us a proper statement! Deleting stuff coz u'r scared ain't that grown up is it?!

Transparency is key for success! if you want your coins (premine or whatever) to become more valuable you need to tell us the truth. 10 Minutes to write a statement are possible even if you're busy. Otherwise no one will invest more money in this coin and just move on to other coins with an active development team.

i say if there are no information on premine till end of june I drop my mints. I suggest other people do the same. Ain't no FUD. Just that i'm sick of this. Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:13:19 PM

At the moment I am a freelance developer with experience coding for peercoin clones. I would be interested in helping revive the community and wallet here, but what exactly is everyone hoping to have done?  From an outsiders perspective it looks like a hard fork might be needed to slow inflation... but not sure what the actual stake holders think. What other work would need to be done to the wallet?

If I were to help with a few wallet related things, I would have to have absolute integrity from mintcoin. I just exited a coin because of shady operations in the background that I was not comfortable with and did not want my name attached to. I would hope that mintcoin has a high level of integrity.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:15:31 PM

At the moment I am a freelance developer with experience coding for peercoin clones. I would be interested in helping revive the community and wallet here, but what exactly is everyone hoping to have done?  From an outsiders perspective it looks like a hard fork might be needed to slow inflation... but not sure what the actual stake holders think. What other work would need to be done to the wallet?

If I were to help with a few wallet related things, I would have to have absolute integrity from mintcoin. I just exited a coin because of shady operations in the background that I was not comfortable with and did not want my name attached to. I would hope that mintcoin has a high level of integrity.

I can personally vouch for Presstab as a reliable dev. Thank you for your proposal Smiley I should refrain from commenting further and let others react.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:22:36 PM

glad to see you maybe interested. the inflation is the way it supposed to be.

what do you think? is a secure online wallet possible for this coin? with the possibility to mint? Online PoS wallet? This would really bring the coin forward!
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:59:41 PM

what do you think? is a secure online wallet possible for this coin? with the possibility to mint? Online PoS wallet? This would really bring the coin forward!

Personally I am not interested in getting an online wallet going. It would be too much maintenance, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for running a server that does everyone's hashing for them.  Is it possible? Yes it is.  But I am probably the wrong guy for that job.

From what I have seen from my exploration of MINT so far is that some fairly quick changes can be made. Modifying the code to provide a quick launch of the application, modifying the code to reduce the computing resources that staking uses, and adding Qt5+ support are the first obvious things I see.

Fork wise there could be a few things as well, but that would require a community consensus. What I would have in mind is maybe altering block target to be 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Slower growth of blockchain size, higher network stake weight (more secure), and a bit slower compounding of the money supply (although same personal reward).  That could be one option that the mintcoin community might want to discuss.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:20:20 PM

Personally I am not interested in getting an online wallet going. It would be too much maintenance, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for running a server that does everyone's hashing for them.  Is it possible? Yes it is.  But I am probably the wrong guy for that job.

From what I have seen from my exploration of MINT so far is that some fairly quick changes can be made. Modifying the code to provide a quick launch of the application, modifying the code to reduce the computing resources that staking uses, and adding Qt5+ support are the first obvious things I see.

Fork wise there could be a few things as well, but that would require a community consensus. What I would have in mind is maybe altering block target to be 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Slower growth of blockchain size, higher network stake weight (more secure), and a bit slower compounding of the money supply (although same personal reward).  That could be one option that the mintcoin community might want to discuss.

I like all of these ideas.

\
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

Not sure why every new dev is so open to forking coins by changing params. They were set for a reason and changing them would undermine what the whole projer stands for. No serious investor will ever
buy into a coin with such a amateur development stream.

I see maxcoin went down that road and we see how that ended up.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:26:45 PM

No, forking to make this coin to behave differently is a very bad idea. Mintcoin stats are fine and theres absolutely no need to change them. Problem with Mintcoin is its non-existing development from the premine holding dev. This is because hes not a programmer and he is not willing to spend much in order to hire a programmer who could make significant changes.
There is no one who would be willing to work for free. Even the unlock wallet bug is not fixed for over the month now.
All good programmers in this forum have their own coin or are hired to existing coin projects.

There are talk of the takeover, but this can only happen if dev is willing to give the premine to the new team. This is extremely unlikely to happen in my opinion.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
CoinBounties

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:02:32 PM

MintCoin bounties are now updated on:
lecristoph

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:17:04 PM

Our biggest issue is transparency. Mintcointeam claims that he's got "Big stuff comming" and everyone is patiently waiting for something to happen. A lot of grand announcements, but nothing to show for it so far. If the dev would share some of the progress beeing made, it would comfort the community and encourage people to keep mining/buying instead of trading their MINT for other coins. I sold about one third of my investment a few weeks ago because there are lots of other, more interesting coins out there with actual development in progress.

I'm not saying nothing is beeing made behind the scenes with Mint, but unless we see some progress, the majority of this community will be gone by a few months. Mint is still a great coins with lots of potential. Let's not throw that away...
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:31:51 PM

Forking is not necessary, but it is an option that the community can consider. I am not here to push any specific agenda.

Can someone explain the unlock wallet problem mentioned. I don't have time to sort through the conversations on this massive thread.

Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 06:52:22 PM

Forking is not necessary, but it is an option that the community can consider. I am not here to push any specific agenda.

Can someone explain the unlock wallet problem mentioned. I don't have time to sort through the conversations on this massive thread.

BTW. there's a bug in mintcoin wallet 1.9.1:
- I've got the wallet encrypted and locked.
- Going to the send screen, entering a valid address and amount
- then clicking Send does not show the unlock wallet where you can enter a passphrase, nothing happens.
- I first have to click unlock wallet button and only then I can send coins.
short: The "Unlock wallet" window should appear when clicking send and the wallet is locked.

Take a look at this: https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin/pull/20
I think the above solved the unlock problem.

I'm in doubt.. sell my 25000000 MINT at great loss or hope the dev team will make a statement that will inspire re-newed confidence in mintcoin.

DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:58:21 PM

I noticed that http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/27gxu5/mintcoin_coup_d%A9tat/ have been deleted. I don't know who did this, but I know it is not cryptomommy. So someone is abusing moderator role. I find it unexcusable, whoever this person is. This remind us why it matters so much that the Mintcoin thread is not self-moderated.

Independantly on my own opinion on the Coup d'État, it, I value freedom of speech enough to be upset by this. So, if anyone has a copy of it, please PM and I will paste it here.

I did, and I demodded two of the moderators that helped this to come back! I know it's not that democratic but I'm extremely busy at the moment and couldn't handle the flow of comments it will generate/actions that could ensue from that. I apologize for that, but what the hell would you expect when you post something like this? ...Snip

No mintcointeam. No.

Being busy is not an excuse. You apparently have enough time to resort to these tactics. You could have just let it go if you are so "busy". You know perfectly well that deleting posts will only generate more comments. As for "wrong information", you could have just replied to them, like a responsable person (or group of persons) does. On monero, this is what we do: short, precise answers. Does not take much time and people can just extrapolate on that. And guess what? They like it, it shows that we focus on what really matters.

I don't buy the "extremely busy". You "extremely don't give a fuck" and being busy is an excuse. Several times I asked about the premine. Only after around 5 repeated questions I got an (very incomplete) answer and only because I threatened to reveal some things about you.
(by the way, readers, do you want me to tell the truth about the premine? - no, it is not what you think, whatever you may think Smiley)

Mintcoin Fund is on its way (I was supposed to send the corrected documents today but the post office is closed today, because of Pentecost - bummer). But I won't fund it without a reliable development team. I use "development team" on purpose. I'm sick and tired of the "anonymity" and "being busy" excuses. I work daily and in a much more intensive way with people who are are dead serious on anonymity (and impressively good at it) and they don't let it be an excuse for doing nothing. And they are very busy too and still they do an awesome amount of work.
If the Mintcoin Fund is not funded, I will send you back the 5 millions MINT you sent me for this. Because I did not use a single one of them yet (I should pay back myself for the register letter and the stamps, though). Because I am transparent and people know it - what are the addresses of the premine? . I don't hide behind "I am busy". If I say something, I deliver. If I cannot anymore, see rule #5 of FOSS (below)

I've been among your greatest supporters. Several times these months, I did not say everything I knew because I thought it would be detrimental to the coin.
Now I think YOU are detrimental to the coin. Look at karmacoin, grumpycoin, asiacoin, saturncoin, bottlecaps... A coin with a great community can make it.

Let me remind you rule #5 of open source software: "When you lose interest in a program, your last duty to it is to hand it off to a competent successor."

There is nothing shameful about not having time to work on a coin. But there IS something shameful about refusing to let it go and take a whole community as a hostage. Especially with the tactics you are using.

I'll tell you something: I met someone using these kinds of tactics before. He was my former boss.
I quit and I funded a company doing the exact same thing as him but in a fair way. Guess what: most of the teammates left with me and we attracted more and more people who could just not stand these tactics anymore. Granted, it took time and we endured pain, but now we are signing international contracts and extending every year. We are a real team, helping each other, communicating a lot on a daily basis and this, for years. Him? Well he keeps deleting posts on his forum.

I am calling everyone who want Mintcoin to be something to act now. Stop being sheeps, waiting for something to happen, waiting for "the dev" to do something. Are you children or are you grown-ups? Do you need someone to change your diapers? Send Mintcoins to the Sonoma project, contact your dev friends about the wallet, propose crowdfunding, communication. Lend some legal expertise on NGO... Stop whining or looking at the chart. Look at Freicoin, do they complain do they look daily at the price?

Success is not given, it is deserved. And you, dev, legitimacy is not given, it is deserved.

But I don't expect you to answer. You are probably "extremely busy".

@David: I agree with you, and understand your passion about it. (And the French are indeed known for their passion! Grin)

No, forking to make this coin to behave differently is a very bad idea. Mintcoin stats are fine and theres absolutely no need to change them. ...Snip

I agree - forking is a no-no, that will undermine the original intent of the coin, and breed distrust, due to being "wishy-washy". It should continue as-is.

There are talk of the takeover, but this can only happen if dev is willing to give the premine to the new team. This is extremely unlikely to happen in my opinion.

Personally, I am against any takeover of this coin at this time. I know that things seem kind of stagnant at present, but I do believe that there are things happening behind the scenes. I too would like to know more, but currently, I feel that the dev(s) are still working on things. Thus I also believe they want this coin to be a success, so that they can reap the rewards. I do not think that any premine was dumped, and still think things are on the "up-and-up". Though I must say, I really wish more information about the what's and whatfor's were a bit more forthcoming.

Our biggest issue is transparency. Mintcointeam claims that he's got "Big stuff comming" and everyone is patiently waiting for something to happen. A lot of grand announcements, but nothing to show for it so far. If the dev would share some of the progress beeing made, it would comfort the community and encourage people to keep mining/buying instead of trading their MINT for other coins. I sold about one third of my investment a few weeks ago because there are lots of other, more interesting coins out there with actual development in progress.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'm not saying nothing is beeing made behind the scenes with Mint, but unless we see some progress, the majority of this community will be gone by a few months. Mint is still a great coins with lots of potential. Let's not throw that away...

^^This. In spades. It IS a great coin, and as long as we continue to care, it will not fade in to the cavernous black hole that most other cryptos get sucked into.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:25:51 PM

- then clicking Send does not show the unlock wallet where you can enter a passphrase, nothing happens.
short: The "Unlock wallet" window should appear when clicking send and the wallet is locked.

I'm in doubt.. sell my 25000000 MINT at great loss or hope the dev team will make a statement that will inspire re-newed confidence in mintcoin.

So it looks like the source from the OP https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin is not 1.9.1 - does anyone know about the actual source code?

Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:29:40 PM

While I agree with a lot that has been discussed here. I'm going to have to side with the mintcointeam devs on this one...I'm with the "mintcointeam" on this issue, and actions. The coin is fine, does not need a fork, does not need to have a coup or takeover. Talk of taking over the coin just needs to be stopped as it is totally unnecessary, and reflects very badly, imo. I think that in general there are a lot of people who are just way too impatient. Not everyone is dissatisfied with the way things are going. I think that the people who are satisfied tend to be more vocal about it, but I for one am quite satisfied, even though I am aware of these concerns some people have.

Some of you may bash me, but I think the developer is in the right on this one. Bickering, griping, complaining, division, is not the way forward. Just let the dev has his premined coins, what is the big deal? It is not that significant overall. I think this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion.

+1 to the mintcointeam / devs. Keep up the great work!

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:38:59 PM

While I agree with a lot that has been discussed here. I'm going to have to side with the mintcointeam devs on this one...I'm with the "mintcointeam" on this issue, and actions. The coin is fine, does not need a fork, does not need to have a coup or takeover. Talk of taking over the coin just needs to be stopped as it is totally unnecessary, and reflects very badly, imo. I think that in general there are a lot of people who are just way too impatient. Not everyone is dissatisfied with the way things are going. I think that the people who are satisfied tend to be more vocal about it, but I for one am quite satisfied, even though I am aware of these concerns some people have.

Some of you may bash me, but I think the developer is in the right on this one. Bickering, griping, complaining, division, is not the way forward. Just let the dev has his premined coins, what is the big deal? It is not that significant overall. I think this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion.

+1 to the mintcointeam / devs. Keep up the great work!

It seems to me that an easy course of action is just to continue using the current repo and have anyone on this thread that wants something changed, actually put the code together and submit a pull request. There is absolutely nothing controversial about that, it helps the current dev team by taking a load off of their shoulders, and it won't shake up any confidence in the coin. This is how many coins function, I have submitted pull requests to coins that I have no association with, but just wanted to help out a bit with. If the dev team is moving too slow, then go ahead and prepare a pull request is what I would say.

dille71

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:42:43 PM

"Unlock wallet for minting only" does not work either. It unlocks for sending too.

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 08:43:54 PM

Amusing: looks like Dojecoin is based on Mintcoin Smiley
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dojemooh/dojecoin/master/README.md

**DojeCoin (MNT)**

DojeCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin...

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:46:12 PM

My thoughts,

1. If you want different parameters make your own coin.

2. The only way to "take over" a coin is to buy enough where you have a 51% stake, so I doubt that is happening.

3. Quit making demands and do something yourself if you think something needs to be done.

4. The dev doesn't "own" mintcoin, all of the stake holders do, if you are a stakeholder IT IS UP TO YOU, not the dev team, to make things happen. It's your business, work it..

If you don't like it sell your MINT, preferably at 1 satoshi.

DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:50:38 PM

My thoughts,

1. If you want different parameters make your own coin.

2. The only way to "take over" a coin is to buy enough where you have a 51% stake, so I doubt that is happening.

3. Quit making demands and do something yourself if you think something needs to be done.

4. The dev doesn't "own" mintcoin, all of the stake holders do, if you are a stakeholder IT IS UP TO YOU, not the dev team, to make things happen. It's your business, work it..

If you don't like it sell your MINT, preferably at 1 satoshi.

"If you don't like it sell your MINT, preferably at 1 satoshi."

...but privately, (off exchange),  and to one of us.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 [765] 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: