Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:25:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:55:16 PM

to me, specifically  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skeem

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:42:05 AM

Up

Coin Revolution
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:25:00 AM

"If you don't like it sell your MINT, preferably at 1 satoshi."

...but privately, (off exchange),  and to one of us.  Wink

skeem

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:27:14 AM

I hold and watch Mintcoin, don't want to say anything.

Then, shift my focus
http://www.bsdgl.tiv.cc/

Coin Revolution
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:35:43 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 06:01:51 AM by deadmanwalking

I agree with everyone that a takeover or fork is unwarranted. I feel Mint is very strong just the way it is, though it would be nice to have quick launch implemented. Also looking forward to paspi's lite wallet for android.

\
fz82896326

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:56:23 AM

hello everyone  I am a china minter in Shang Hai.Everyday I watched the bitcointalk at here from february until now but i say nothing  because my poor english Embarrassed Embarrassedeven that i donot know can everybody look obvious what i say by now......IN china there have some big holder.they all like mintcoin.DOES someone remember in June 6th someone sell the 200million mint?.that is a china holder in our group.BUT I DONOT THINK he made a goodchoice.I will hold my 55million coins in bter for long and long time until I see the moon with mint. Grin Grin.by the way.David you work for mint really diligent.thank you and best wishes for you do anything.for the dev.that i suggest that please often Update the news and to tell us WHAT will we do.a few days ago the mint pump because the BTER made a news about  Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO.Many BTERs buy the mint then the price UP.BUT this is just a suggestion. :)Maybe you have a big and amzing idea for us Cheesy
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:06:52 AM

ya i'm from china too  Roll Eyes

\
skeem

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:19:26 AM

hello everyone  I am a china minter in Shang Hai.Everyday I watched the bitcointalk at here from february until now but i say nothing  because my poor english Embarrassed Embarrassedeven that i donot know can everybody look obvious what i say by now......IN china there have some big holder.they all like mintcoin.DOES someone remember in June 6th someone sell the 200million mint?.that is a china holder in our group.BUT I DONOT THINK he made a goodchoice.I will hold my 55million coins in bter for long and long time until I see the moon with mint. Grin Grin.by the way.David you work for mint really diligent.thank you and best wishes for you do anything.for the dev.that i suggest that please often Update the news and to tell us WHAT will we do.a few days ago the mint pump because the BTER made a news about  Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO.Many BTERs buy the mint then the price UP.BUT this is just a suggestion. :)Maybe you have a big and amzing idea for us Cheesy

I think the one who throw the 200 million mintcoins is fool. If you want to throw them, , you should have taken a better solution, then you should have got paid more.

Coin Revolution
fz82896326

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:55:22 AM

hello everyone  I am a china minter in Shang Hai.Everyday I watched the bitcointalk at here from february until now but i say nothing  because my poor english Embarrassed Embarrassedeven that i donot know can everybody look obvious what i say by now......IN china there have some big holder.they all like mintcoin.DOES someone remember in June 6th someone sell the 200million mint?.that is a china holder in our group.BUT I DONOT THINK he made a goodchoice.I will hold my 55million coins in bter for long and long time until I see the moon with mint. Grin Grin.by the way.David you work for mint really diligent.thank you and best wishes for you do anything.for the dev.that i suggest that please often Update the news and to tell us WHAT will we do.a few days ago the mint pump because the BTER made a news about  Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO.Many BTERs buy the mint then the price UP.BUT this is just a suggestion. :)Maybe you have a big and amzing idea for us Cheesy

I think the one who throw the 200 million mintcoins is fool. If you want to throw them, , you should have taken a better solution, then you should have got paid more.
I WILL NOT throw them. IF mint was 3 sat .I will buy more. 2 SAT. the same . until 1 sat  Smiley
Mickey1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:20:02 AM

All this fighting among mintcoin holders is destroying this coin. Better sell now before it reaches 1 satoshi just look at mintpal it's almost 3!!1

Looking forward to another cryptic useless message from the dev team  Roll Eyes
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:32:08 AM

It's not a fighting amongst mintcoin holders. Just community stating their opinion.

First of all whatever the reasons, I don't believe a hard fork will benefit the coin. The coin's parameters are good enough (even if not perfect), and for some minor modifications, it won't be worth to risk a hard fork. Remember what happened after removing POW (1.6->1.7 transition), for weeks we had to remind people to switch to new version. MINT's parameters are what makes MINT itself.

I don't also think devs should disclose everything such as the expected "big news" announcement, it may be hidden for some reasons, and I expect it to be good when it can be announced.

But; the problem lies with keeping the premine intransparent and devs not being active enough (I don't mean bugfixes here). For the devs; they are active and react instantly when there's anything critical going on, I'll give them that. But unless anything critical happens, we don't hear anything from them. This sometimes sounds as if they're nonexistant and abandoned the coin.

The premine transparency is another problem. I don't care if the devs are keeping it for the community, got some of it for themselves, got it stolen, or anything, I really don't care. What I care is transparency. I don't need to know exact numbers either, the community will be satisfied with answers like "around 100M is spent on bounties, around 100M's keys are lost in some data loss, we reserve this many coins for our personal payment; but you can find remaining 450-500M in these addresses in blockchain explorer and all of these coins are reserved for use at least after 1 year: link of blockchain explorer". That's all needed to resolve transparency. Exact book keeping is not required in any way. Communication is.

But devs staying mute on these issues is exaggerating the problems.

For bugfixes, problems with wallet: I don't think it's the devs job to fix everything and release things. If you can help, and want to help, just fork the coin code on github with your user account ( https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin ), fix the issue which bothers you, and send a pull request to the devs. Devs merge those sooner or later, and it'll be ready in next release. As long as something doesn't require a hard fork, it's the community's job -- otherwise it just becomes one man's coin.

I won't blame the devs for not fixing problems, but for transparency and activity (in the sense of keeping us informed of what's going on, if anything's going on, etc), it's on devs' hands, and that's what causes the issues with the community.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:21:56 PM

While I agree with a lot that has been discussed here. I'm going to have to side with the mintcointeam devs on this one...I'm with the "mintcointeam" on this issue, and actions. The coin is fine, does not need a fork, does not need to have a coup or takeover. Talk of taking over the coin just needs to be stopped as it is totally unnecessary, and reflects very badly, imo. I think that in general there are a lot of people who are just way too impatient. Not everyone is dissatisfied with the way things are going. I think that the people who are satisfied tend to be more vocal about it, but I for one am quite satisfied, even though I am aware of these concerns some people have.

Some of you may bash me, but I think the developer is in the right on this one. Bickering, griping, complaining, division, is not the way forward. Just let the dev has his premined coins, what is the big deal? It is not that significant overall. I think this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion.

+1 to the mintcointeam / devs. Keep up the great work!

It seems to me that an easy course of action is just to continue using the current repo and have anyone on this thread that wants something changed, actually put the code together and submit a pull request. There is absolutely nothing controversial about that, it helps the current dev team by taking a load off of their shoulders, and it won't shake up any confidence in the coin. This is how many coins function, I have submitted pull requests to coins that I have no association with, but just wanted to help out a bit with. If the dev team is moving too slow, then go ahead and prepare a pull request is what I would say.

This! Make pull requests and we'll include them in the next release! And you will probably rewarded for them...
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:49:49 PM

Thought I would post the developers latest tirade about all of you terrible people expecting some degree of transparency and accountability for a business you are investing in: Mintcoin

If you have invested in MintCoin and are now complaining about the premine, I have a bad news for you: you're a bad investor! (self.MintCoin)

submitted 55 minutes ago by Developermintcoin - stickied post

Because this information was available from the get go! Now you might ask for transparency about it, but we won't release strategical information, deal with it! On the other hand, if you have invested in MintCoin and deliberately chosen to stick with us, be assured we'll be dedicated to make this coin the coin of choice. Thanks for reading.

My response:

[–]poweredbybitcoins 1 point 3 minutes ago

What about NEW potential investors who are looking at the coin, structure etc...and want to know more about the premine?

Should they just piss off?

cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:52:51 PM

Hello Everyone,
I started this discussion in the first place because I was hoping that the community could discuss it rationally and openly with the dev in efforts of possibly finding a solution on the situation.

My conversation starter was pieced together from conversations spanning over the last four months. Conversation with people who were strong supporters and helped us gain tracking with Mintcoin. Allot of people.

They left the community due to the lack of transparency; however are still closely watching for some sort of rectification of the situation.

This is not a FUD attempt nor a means to break up the community but instead a critical discussion that the community is having on the sidelines and never directly with the rest of the community.

1. Dev's should be rewarded significantly for their work - be transparent about it.
2. The pre-mine was noted. There is not an argument nor discussion about the pre-mine. There is a discussion around the transparency of the pre-mine. The second anything happens to the coin the community turns to the pre-mine asking why it is not being used to fix the situation.

I wouldn't bother trying to have this discussion if this coin did not have the community support it does.

My hopes are that the dev would consider being transparent about the pre-mine funds and consider creating a ledger going forward of how much is left and where it is going.

Even if there are places in the ledger that simply says "Top Secrete" and then changing the name after the project has been launched.

In other spots it could say "Wallet Upgrade - $$" Fork Fix - $$, Website Design - $$, Hosting - $$, Content - $$

The fact that this conversation continues to be censored is disheartening.

and yes Dev I am apparently a bad investor. I believed that someone who was willing to work so hard to put together a coin that support a greener world and put forth the efforts to create the Mintcoin Fund would embrace an opportunity to open communication and help grow the community with by answering potential investors concerns.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/27s21o/if_you_have_invested_in_mintcoin_and_are_now/

It conversation is out there and in the hands of the community.

Jessie

acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 01:04:17 PM

Hello Everyone,
I started this discussion in the first place because I was hoping that the community could discuss it rationally and openly with the dev in efforts of possibly finding a solution on the situation.

My conversation starter was pieced together from conversations spanning over the last four months. Conversation with people who were strong supporters and helped us gain tracking with Mintcoin. Allot of people.

They left the community due to the lack of transparency; however are still closely watching for some sort of rectification of the situation.

This is not a FUD attempt nor a means to break up the community but instead a critical discussion that the community is having on the sidelines and never directly with the rest of the community.

1. Dev's should be rewarded significantly for their work - be transparent about it.
2. The pre-mine was noted. There is not an argument nor discussion about the pre-mine. There is a discussion around the transparency of the pre-mine. The second anything happens to the coin the community turns to the pre-mine asking why it is not being used to fix the situation.

I wouldn't bother trying to have this discussion if this coin did not have the community support it does.

My hopes are that the dev would consider being transparent about the pre-mine funds and consider creating a ledger going forward of how much is left and where it is going.

Even if there are places in the ledger that simply says "Top Secrete" and then changing the name after the project has been launched.

In other spots it could say "Wallet Upgrade - $$" Fork Fix - $$, Website Design - $$, Hosting - $$, Content - $$

The fact that this conversation continues to be censored is disheartening.

and yes Dev I am apparently a bad investor. I believed that someone who was willing to work so hard to put together a coin that support a greener world and put forth the efforts to create the Mintcoin Fund would embrace an opportunity to open communication and help grow the community with by answering potential investors concerns.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/27s21o/if_you_have_invested_in_mintcoin_and_are_now/

It conversation is out there and in the hands of the community.

Jessie

Words of reason.
Definitely not FUD.

Price is largely a reflection of the community confidence in the future of the coin.
The community has spoken.
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:59:51 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 03:15:49 PM by mintcointeam

I noticed that http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/27gxu5/mintcoin_coup_d%A9tat/ have been deleted. I don't know who did this, but I know it is not cryptomommy. So someone is abusing moderator role. I find it unexcusable, whoever this person is. This remind us why it matters so much that the Mintcoin thread is not self-moderated.

Independantly on my own opinion on the Coup d'État, it, I value freedom of speech enough to be upset by this. So, if anyone has a copy of it, please PM and I will paste it here.

I did, and I demodded two of the moderators that helped this to come back! I know it's not that democratic but I'm extremely busy at the moment and couldn't handle the flow of comments it will generate/actions that could ensue from that. I apologize for that, but what the hell would you expect when you post something like this?
Moreover, she posted wrong information (resulting from a misunderstanding of what I wrote, but still) and a private conversation.
Anyway, this is working against us. I'm totally grateful towards Cryptomommy for all the work she accomplished so far, but we spent more time than anyone else on this coin. We are more legitimate than anyone else to decide what we're doing with it.

No mintcointeam. No.

Being busy is not an excuse. You apparently have enough time to resort to these tactics. You could have just let it go if you are so "busy". You know perfectly well that deleting posts will only generate more comments. As for "wrong information", you could have just replied to them, like a responsable person (or group of persons) does. On monero, this is what we do: short, precise answers. Does not take much time and people can just extrapolate on that. And guess what? They like it, it shows that we focus on what really matters.

I don't buy the "extremely busy". You "extremely don't give a fuck" and being busy is an excuse. Several times I asked about the premine. Only after around 5 repeated questions I got an (very incomplete) answer and only because I threatened to reveal some things about you.
(by the way, readers, do you want me to tell the truth about the premine? - no, it is not what you think, whatever you may think Smiley)

Mintcoin Fund is on its way (I was supposed to send the corrected documents today but the post office is closed today, because of Pentecost - bummer). But I won't fund it without a reliable development team. I use "development team" on purpose. I'm sick and tired of the "anonymity" and "being busy" excuses. I work daily and in a much more intensive way with people who are are dead serious on anonymity (and impressively good at it) and they don't let it be an excuse for doing nothing. And they are very busy too and still they do an awesome amount of work.
If the Mintcoin Fund is not funded, I will send you back the 5 millions MINT you sent me for this. Because I did not use a single one of them yet (I should pay back myself for the register letter and the stamps, though). Because I am transparent and people know it - what are the addresses of the premine? . I don't hide behind "I am busy". If I say something, I deliver. If I cannot anymore, see rule #5 of FOSS (below)

I've been among your greatest supporters. Several times these months, I did not say everything I knew because I thought it would be detrimental to the coin.
Now I think YOU are detrimental to the coin. Look at karmacoin, grumpycoin, asiacoin, saturncoin, bottlecaps... A coin with a great community can make it.

Let me remind you rule #5 of open source software: "When you lose interest in a program, your last duty to it is to hand it off to a competent successor."

There is nothing shameful about not having time to work on a coin. But there IS something shameful about refusing to let it go and take a whole community as a hostage. Especially with the tactics you are using.

I'll tell you something: I met someone using these kinds of tactics before. He was my former boss.
I quit and I funded a company doing the exact same thing as him but in a fair way. Guess what: most of the teammates left with me and we attracted more and more people who could just not stand these tactics anymore. Granted, it took time and we endured pain, but now we are signing international contracts and extending every year. We are a real team, helping each other, communicating a lot on a daily basis and this, for years. Him? Well he keeps deleting posts on his forum.

I am calling everyone who want Mintcoin to be something to act now. Stop being sheeps, waiting for something to happen, waiting for "the dev" to do something. Are you children or are you grown-ups? Do you need someone to change your diapers? Send Mintcoins to the Sonoma project, contact your dev friends about the wallet, propose crowdfunding, communication. Lend some legal expertise on NGO... Stop whining or looking at the chart. Look at Freicoin, do they complain do they look daily at the price?

Success is not given, it is deserved. And you, dev, legitimacy is not given, it is deserved.

But I don't expect you to answer. You are probably "extremely busy".

Ok, I won't go far into details on this, because, yes, I'm really busy. Sorry, but this is true. I'm just wondering why did you decide to help on this if you weren't satisfied by the transparency to begin with?
Now, I will do without you, with a different strategy. Have fun in what you're doing. Keep the coins you think you deserve, and send the remaining to the Redwood Reforestation Project

Thanks for all.

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:10:19 PM

Ok, I won't go far into details on this, because, yes, I'm really busy. Sorry, but this is true. I'm just wondering why did you decide to help on this if you weren't satisfied by the transparency to begin with?
Now, I will do without you, with a different strategy. Have fun in what you're doing. Keep the coins you think you deserve, and send the remaining to the Redwood Reforestation Project.

...uh-oh. This, I fear, will not bode well.
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:13:05 PM

A good strategy to push away coin's supporters.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

Well, if  i did not know better, i would think that people are arguing for the community to "fork out" the dev team.
Without a significant or even a serious reason.

i followed the discussion here, on mintcointalk and on reddit and i cant see why that option would stand.
That cant be right, is it?

You find that a fud attempt has been shutdown and deleted form reddit and you want to start a riot?
Isn't that within mod rights?

I find that there is more harm being done on the coin from anons crying over low dump prices, than anything else.
Mints are changing hands, weak hands are being weeded out.

WTF, do people really think that some dev behind a keyboard is actually holding the prices down,
does anyone understand how markets work?

Mint is on a shitload of exchanges.
Its price lowering is not about "devs not releasing new features", it never is about that, on any coin.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:20:01 PM

^^
I'd guess the bystanders can easily misunderstand what it going on.
Perhaps it would be better to discuss this privately.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Pages: « 1 ... 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: