Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:20:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369738 times)
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:04:11 PM

Re:Bittrex
I am in the process of writing the business plan as we speak. Hopefully should be able to submit to them by Friday.

Bill (Bittrex)
Jul 20 13:05

Hi,

We'll be happy to add you back to our site once we see a plan for revitalizing the coin.

Thanks,
Bill

Jessica Ha   
Jessica Hartman
Jul 18 16:25

Hello,
Mintcoin is in the process of developing a new team for supporting the
coin. The developer has exited and given me all credentials for the
community. I am in the process of putting together a formal business
proposal including trademarking the coin name. In addition our NPO
paperwork is in the process of being reviewed by the French law for
processing.

Please let me know what steps we need to take in order to keep our coin on
the market.

Sincerely,
Jessica Hartman

Great!

Will the community have access to the text of the FBP (ie., posted to mintcoin.cc or other)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:26:50 PM

Yes. I will make sure to post throughout all networks.

I am also working on trying to get this integration done as quickly as possible (hopefully before I submit) to show them that we plan on enhancing the community communications as well as show continual development support.

http://mintcoin.cc/mintcoin-bounty-upgrade-wallet-manage-transactions-address-functionality/

This enhancement is feeds into the wallet featuring our merchants, news, community and of course Outstanding Bounties / Mintcoin Fund projects which we are sponsoring.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:08:54 PM

Hi ,

In My Opinion , we should let Bittrex drop.
They have been on a Delisting campaign for the past few weeks.

Here is the coins set to be delisted just on July 17,
365, AXIS, BCT, BELA, BNS, BWC, CCX, CESC, CGB, COMM, CRT, CTZ, CX, DB, DIME, EAC, ENC, ERC, FAC, FCN, FLASH, FRX, GER, GIAR, GLD, GUN, H2O, H5C, HKC, ITC, KARM, KIWI, KSC, LIRE, LTCX, MINT, MUN, MYC, NL, NTC, NYC, PAWN, PRT, PT, PURE, QTM, RC, RUP, SPN, STY, WDC, WVS, XHC, ZEIT, ZIP

I prefer MintPal & Cryptsy exchanges and that is where my mintcoin trading occurs.

It is not up to each coin community to make up for the fact that the majority of users do not like the Bittrex  exchange over the others.
As many coins as they are delisting , their won't be many coins to trade with on their exchange anyway except for the pump and dump coins that lose money.

We should not have to jump thru hoops for Bittrex , when their interface and advertising are their real problems.

Just my 2 cents.
 Smiley

ShibecoinSucks

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:58:20 AM

Hello, I have been using Mintcoin qt on my Ubuntu machine for a few weeks. I am having a problem with the wallet opening, it shows the green loading screen with the Mintcoin logo on it, but it gets stuck "Loading block index"

I'm not very linux knowledged, so any help world be appreciated. I had a tough time just figuring out how to install the dang wallet.

Also I'm having difficulty finding the wallet.dat so I can backup. I know the wallet qt has a backup feature, but I need to know where the wallet.dat is stored in case I need to import my existing wallet.dat into a newly downloaded qt.

Thanks, hep is much appreciated!

ICEBERG COIN SUCKED!

QORA
RobotCars

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:20:28 AM

The wallet.dat is in .MintCoin directory in your home directory.  That is (dot)MintCoin.  Sounds like you know to keep the waller.dat safe, but be sure to not loose it or share it.  You can just backup and save wallet.dat and delete the other files in that directory.  Then restart the wallet and let it re-download the blockchain.
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:56:39 AM

Hi ,

In My Opinion , we should let Bittrex drop.
They have been on a Delisting campaign for the past few weeks.

Here is the coins set to be delisted just on July 17,
365, AXIS, BCT, BELA, BNS, BWC, CCX, CESC, CGB, COMM, CRT, CTZ, CX, DB, DIME, EAC, ENC, ERC, FAC, FCN, FLASH, FRX, GER, GIAR, GLD, GUN, H2O, H5C, HKC, ITC, KARM, KIWI, KSC, LIRE, LTCX, MINT, MUN, MYC, NL, NTC, NYC, PAWN, PRT, PT, PURE, QTM, RC, RUP, SPN, STY, WDC, WVS, XHC, ZEIT, ZIP

I prefer MintPal & Cryptsy exchanges and that is where my mintcoin trading occurs.

It is not up to each coin community to make up for the fact that the majority of users do not like the Bittrex  exchange over the others.
As many coins as they are delisting , their won't be many coins to trade with on their exchange anyway except for the pump and dump coins that lose money.

We should not have to jump thru hoops for Bittrex , when their interface and advertising are their real problems.

Just my 2 cents.
 Smiley

Agree 100%.
It is not necessary to be on a large number of exchanges. Being on a few strong ones with good reputations is sufficient.
Our job is not to help newer exchanges become viable and reputable trading platforms by listing our coin there - our job is to make our coin be a viable unit of exchange. That can be achieved by being on the strongest exchanges.

Time is a precious resource, I would much rather see Jessica spend her time on project management and promotion than jumping through hoops for small exchanges.

Just my 2 cents.

AND.... Jessica, thanks for stepping up.

Goattrading

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:47:29 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 04:07:46 AM by Goattrading

I have a conspiracy. Same person equals usernames: mintcointeam, cryptomommy,  and goattrading. Good lord I hope I'm wrong.  Roll Eyes

Someone needs to come on here and clarify why goattrading, cryptomommy and mintcointeam appear to be the same person.

If you read the info released you will see that cryptomommy acquired the mintcoin assets IE any of the accounts the old DEV had. the "about Me" was taken from the info release..........

As far Who I am.... I am me.. and no one else period.

These boards go to crap so fast. .....

Thanks again Cryptomommy/Mintcointeam for Keeping Mint alive.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:46:23 AM

Roll Eyes

goat trading and cryptomommy are clearly the same poster, who forgot which account they were posting from on more than one occasion.

don't trust these guys they aren't trying to help mint, they want to crash it.

Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:54:32 AM

Roll Eyes

goat trading and cryptomommy are clearly the same poster, who forgot which account they were posting from on more than one occasion.

don't trust these guys they aren't trying to help mint, they want to crash it.

Grow up and piss off.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:56:40 AM

I don't think I will

coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:28:43 AM

Are you serious? What makes you think cryptomommy and Goattrading are the same person? They are not.

A few posts ago Goattrading was just posting a quote from the mintcoin.cc website http://mintcoin.cc/mintcoin-developer-releases-social-assets-community/

He said:

Nope. This was all "About Me:
My name is Jessica Hartman (CryptoMommy)". Dev said nothing.

He was explaining that all of the information on there was crytpomommy (aka Jessica) talking and not the original dev.

What makes you think that Goattrading is the same as crytomommy? I don't see any connection or any evidence. Read posts more carefully, and just chill out lmao!

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:31:28 AM

I don't think I will

I think you should move on from this illusion, seems you made this one up.
itchy_scratchy_tasty

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:29:55 AM

Well this is all quite some news to come back to after a weekend away camping. I feel like a bit of a fool for constantly reassuring people about the premine - I hope that the designated money at least was sent out to the right places. At least I was right about the addresses though - if anyone wants to check, the main premine wallet mentioned in the statement was cleaned out on the 17th July - http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/address/MqVUub5WagCPXrgC1ARFFKfzxbNFBebnjm - so this was a very recent thing.

I look forward to having someone as committed as cryptomommy at the helm now, and it seems that the markets are responding positively to the news too - a lot of decent buy orders coming in, and looks like we'll be back up to 5 sats today.
bottlenecks

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:09:27 PM

After few months watching mintcoin development, I can see mintcoin is progressing and will have better future from now on.  I got my current mintcoin when It was in much higher price.  I have good faith with this coin, I guess I will get more mintcoin now Smiley
mintcointeam (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:25:14 PM

Below is a rough draft and nothing is set in stone. Please review and discuss changes needed before a final draft is created.

**What is a Mintcoin?**
A Mintcoin is an earth friendly high yielding savings asset designed as an alternative to Bitcoin as a crypto currency.

**High Yielding Savings Asset?**
If you store your Mintcoins in a wallet and leave your wallet open you will earn additional coins as payment for assisting in a secure network and fast transaction verification time.

The Mintcoin wallet distributes coins based on the following interest rates:
*1st Year: 20%
*2nd Year: 15%
*3rd Year: 10%

**What is the value of a Mintcoin?**
The value of a mintcoin value fluctuates depending on the number of people holding onto the asset. For details of the current Mintcoin distribution please visit the block chain statistics: http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/chain/MintCoin

As more people become aware of the mintcoin alternative to a high yielding savings asset the total Mintcoin value for all holders of
Mintcoin will increase.

**What is Mintcoins marketing strategy?**
The Mintcoin community has developed the Mintcoin fund which is a non-profit organization registered in France. The original intent was purely to promote fund raisers held by the Mintcoin Community for earth friendly campaigns.

**Mintcoin Fund**
This site will be converted to a non-profit organization with the intent to promote both earth friendly campaigns as well as sponsor Mintcoin community development needs for marketing.

**Moolah.io**
The Mintcoin community will be contacting Moolah.io to determine the best strategy to maximize our community’s exposure through a combination of all of their services and lead a project to ensure full community integration.

**Ad Campaigns**
The Mintcoin community will be sponsoring paid advertising in leading financial advisors promoting Mintcoin as a high interest savings asset recruiting new investors into the community.

**Social Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking social partnerships for promotional exchanges. All partnerships will be reviewed and approved by the community’s vote.

**Content Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking content partnerships in order to ensure that our press release and community news is exposed to networks of related interests for both crypto currencies and mainstream commonalities.

**Community Development Needs**
Mintcoin Fund will pursue donations from the community to ensure that development progress is made a high priority both supporting and recruiting top talents to ensure the continual growth and improvement within the communities Mintcoin assets performance both as a financial tool and a savings asset.

**Development Talents**
The Mintcoin Fund will recruit and manage development professionals using a bounty / tipping structure. All developers involved in Mintcoin initiatives are invited to submit a bio outlining their experience, links to social profiles and 1 website. In addition they are encouraged to leave there Mintcoin address for future donations. We also encourage developers to connect with us on Linkedin to further enhance their portfolios.

**Affiliate Relationships**
The Mintcoin Fund is actively seeking affiliate relationships for funding of community development needs as a supplementary income.

**Wallet Usability is Key**
Through the development of the Mintcoin Fund, the Mintcoin wallet will continue to be enhanced as a financial management tool for crowd sourcing and fund raising; while at the same time connecting the community with upcoming news and developments.
mintcointeam (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:39:15 PM

thank you good sir!

Well this is all quite some news to come back to after a weekend away camping. I feel like a bit of a fool for constantly reassuring people about the premine - I hope that the designated money at least was sent out to the right places. At least I was right about the addresses though - if anyone wants to check, the main premine wallet mentioned in the statement was cleaned out on the 17th July - http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/address/MqVUub5WagCPXrgC1ARFFKfzxbNFBebnjm - so this was a very recent thing.

I look forward to having someone as committed as cryptomommy at the helm now, and it seems that the markets are responding positively to the news too - a lot of decent buy orders coming in, and looks like we'll be back up to 5 sats today.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:50:52 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 03:04:04 PM by David Latapie

Hi everyone,

I did not want to post on the thread before I have something constructive to announce. This is the case now. I will take advantage of the opportunity to also reply to some other things.

Wallet 1.10

The old mintcointeam dev is not the one who wrote wallet 1.10. It was presstab (he was paid for this, but not credited). Credit where credit is due.

Linux version
(requested here)
Install (in YOURNAME/cryptos/mintcoin, plus create a MINT shortcut on the desktop)
Code:
mkdir -p ~/cryptos && cd ~/cryptos && rm -rf mintcoin && git clone git://github.com/presstab/mintcoin && cd mintcoin && qmake-qt4 mintcoin.pro && make && ln -s ~/cryptos/mintcoin/mintcoin-qt ~/Desktop/MINT
You really have to just open up a terminal, paste this command line and press enter. That's really all, no coding skill required! I can only see fours cases where it would not work:
- you do not have a recent distribution (e.g.: more than one year old) => update
- you do not have an Intel or AMD CPU (e.g.: Raspberry Pi) => won't work
- you do not have the correct dependancies => install them. The most obvious one is git (apt-get install git, yum git, pacman git, depending on your distribution)
- you use a non-English Desktop Environemment and the said DE does not use "Desktop" as the name for the Desktop => change the Desktop part in the command-line accordingly.

Plus, paspi has setup a ppa for Ubuntu-based distros and YamashitaRen has setup an AUR package for Arch-based distros (thus Manjaro)

Remember to delete the blockchain files.

FreeBSD version
The command above, with minimal tweaking, should work for FreeBSD too. Skeem, this is for you

Update
Presstab has no interest in updating Mintcoin (especially after not having been credited for this). But if it was, it would be this code
Code:
cd ~/cryptos/mintcoin && git pull && qmake-qt4 mintcoin-qt.pro && make

paspi, if you have a git with the latest mintcoin, I'd be happy to update the command-line accordingly

Mintcoin Fund
It never goes as expected, right? Well, Mintcoin Fund was no exception. Several back and forth with the French administration, plus chairmen being unreliable, I had to change things a lot for accomodating this. The first and hopefully final draft was just sent today. I'm expecting two weeks for a (hopefully positive) reply. For the record, I am on another NGO and this took even longer, so nothing that strange about it.

I would lie if I said that the takeover by Jessica did not influence positively my actions.

Miscellaneous
Some answers to various other questions left unanswered since my last post.

I don't pump and those who now me know this. Hyperstake is an experiment in PoS and results will inspire NOBL's transition to full PoS. As for Monero, it is Bitcoin 2.0 in my book - buy 8 BTC of it and don't sell before at least one year (if I was pumping, I would tell you to buy and sell a bit after). Or just read my interview on coins source.

Mintpal and Mintcoin came to life around the same time: first week of February. Even if they are officially unrelated, this is quite a coincidence. Considering that Mintcoin was Mintpal's first pump and it basically propelled the exchange to major league and that the exchange was great looking from day one, people have suspicions that Mintcoin was just a scamcoin meant to boost Mintpal's visibility. If that's the case, it worked very well but most importantly, it doesn't matter anymore because Mintcoin has a life of its own and the dev, whoever they were, are not there anymore.

I still own the donation wallet and I did not touch the bounty - and I won't. Paspi wil have the whole of his bounty, Redwood too, MintcoinFund too.

I read that mintcointeam threatened me. That's true, but this is nothing compared to what they did to Jessica. That and "forgetting" to credit presstab for his contribution to the wallet.

The premine have never been delivered. It was only pledged. The 50 millions for Green Sahara have never been delivered. As for the 5 millions for the Mintcoin Fund, I still have them, because I have not been asked any money yet by the French administration (I will, eventually). I did not bother getting compensation for the stamps Smiley

Cryptomommy is legit, I even called her (and the voicemail says Jessica Hartmann, so it would be a pretty elaborate scam) , we've had several mail exchanges over the previous months. Of course, I could be lying and be part of the conspirary too Smiley I don't know this goattrading and Paspi doesn't have his bounty, I still have  it.

This is all for now.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:53:54 PM

I have a conspiracy. Same person equals usernames: mintcointeam, cryptomommy,  and goattrading. Good lord I hope I'm wrong.  Roll Eyes

Someone needs to come on here and clarify why goattrading, cryptomommy and mintcointeam appear to be the same person.

If you read the info released you will see that cryptomommy acquired the mintcoin assets IE any of the accounts the old DEV had. the "about Me" was taken from the info release..........

As far Who I am.... I am me.. and no one else period.

These boards go to crap so fast. .....

Thanks again Cryptomommy/Mintcointeam for Keeping Mint alive.

Got it. Please make sure to attribute a quote when posting, that was awfully confusing.

I'm definitely glad cryptomommy has taken over leadership of the coin. She seems to have a lot of contacts in the crypto community and has been very active helping Mintcoin even before she was at the helm. Thanks Jessica.

\
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:00:44 PM

The old mintcointeam dev is not the one who wrote wallet 1.10. It was presstab (he was paid for this, but not credited). Credit where credit is due.
Do we have a Mintcoin address for presstab? I would like to give him full credit for this.
mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:31:08 PM

I even called her (and the voicemail says Jessica Hartmann, so it would be a pretty elaborate scam)

how hard is it to make a voicemail message?

Hi Jessica, you've stated that you would be transparent in this endeavor. Why don't you give us some information about yourself that can be verified?
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: