Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earning in ICOs  (Read 58 times)
ArkiCrypto (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:42:25 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 05:00:28 PM by ArkiCrypto

Most of us here wants to take advantage of the opportunity that cryptocurrency gives, there's a lot of ways in doing that such as working with your skills, trading, gambling, investing, etc. there's a lot of ways.

But I will focus on Investing to ICO's. Most of us here are investors and some are new, I will just share to you how are we going to earn through investing to ICO's, well we have different ways or strategies how are we going to earn through Investing.

So how does ICO works?
So basically this is how does ICO works based in my own perspective.

1. They will open to public about their project including website, whitepaper, team, etc.
2. They will run a bounty campaign in order to increase the projects exposure.
3. Investors (We) are going to invest to project in exchange they will give you their tokens.
4. The investment they've acquired will use to develop their project.
5. If the project was a success there will be a lot of investors.
6. You can use the token to the project or you can sell it but if there are many investors to the project the value of the token increases.

So in this way we have 2 options.
1. Short term investment
2. Long Term investment

SHORT TERM INVESTMENT
A short term investment is a kind of investment where in you're going to sell your tokens immediately if it hits the exchange or you're going to sell it immediately when the price in market is above the ICO price.

Advantage:
• Fast income
• Easy profit
• A little bit safe (because some project are failing afterwards)

Disadvantage:
• Most of the ICO's runs a bounty campaign and of course the bounty hunters will sell their tokens immediately after distribution which results of decreasing the price so bad.
• You will not earn that much.

LONG TERM INVESTMENT
A long term investment is one of the most profitable way to earn in ICO however it will take some time before you can earn from it, If you believe in the project and in the team of the ICO you will do a long term.

Advantage:
• Max profit
• You can earn 5-10x the ICO price (Depends on the project)

Disadvantage:
• You need to wait for a long time probably a year or so
• Most of the project are failing in the run

First of all you should know that one of the riskiest place in cryptos rather than trading are investing to ICO's, most of the ICO's now are ended up being a scam so you should know and study the project/ICO first before investing to them. I've made a thread about Avoiding being scammed there's a links there about tips on choosing the ICO's as well as the different kinds of scams in this industry so you will be aware of the different scams. Here's the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3196383.msg33152916#msg33152916

PS. All of this are according to my perspective and opinion it may be right or wrong to others, the purpose of this thread is to share some of my knowledge and strategies. If you have something to share please feel free to reply so all of us will benefit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
magnifirific

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:46:20 PM

True! Thank you for your insight. Base on my experience in investing in ICOs 99% of them are scams. You can count those that are not in your fingers. And those that are legit you really have to wait a long time to be really profitable. But what I do is I just buy some then when it pumped in the market I just dump it. As long I double (if more then it's a bonus) then it's a good deal for me. Then I just move on to the next project.
Joeyvicky

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:55:11 PM

Very true talk, for us newbie we have to be watchful. thanks for your insight.

Code:
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LYFE.HEALTH ║ Wellness Rewards and Gamification (https://lyfe.health/)
dengineersprof

Activity: 102
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:04:07 PM

This is a very helpful Info on ICO. Basically ico to me also depends on its rivalry on the blockchain market and how unique an ICO project is. With this I always know much to put into an ICO and if I want to stay long with the investment. Most ICOs become profitable on a berry long run.
Bumidinasty

Activity: 373
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:51:01 PM

thanks for sharing this is very helpful to invest into ico and as my reference if i want to invest into ico, i think better add some ways to avoid the ico scam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: