Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:58:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee will not promote ICO anymore  (Read 614 times)
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:59:53 AM

it has a huge effect in the crypto world, john mcafee is a huge name that everyone knows. but I think, it is just for now, because, most the the ico's that is being promoted turned out to be scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sjadn12912999

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:19:03 PM

Voices like that are hard to shut down. Like he said, he will return with a different solution. Estimations in crypto anyway defy logic due to its volatile unpredictability, so i think this shouldnt really be a setback to anyone.
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:29:07 PM

it is best he doesn't promote ICO there are too many shitcoin now, cryptocurrency is now a scam hive scammers making away with millions of dollar.  
emmaeducatorxx

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:00:27 AM

I'm glad he did, of course, he want to save himself because some of these are scam project, and of course, he already made a lot of money and he wants to exist but I wonder what is this alternative he is mentioning not another investment scheme or mlm.
123jznjx1892889

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:06:02 PM

personally, I think if He just made it for his security no more, no less and it is true that SEC threats are doing their things from him.
He's earned a million dollars with the ICO promotion he's done so far. So let's wait for what's going on next.
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:29:33 PM

never liked the idea of mcafee promoting some ICO's in return of money, I would only invest and give trust to someone promoting such project for free. If money is involved i care less so mcafee is not a lost, and thankfully pump and dump will be lessen.

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:32:10 PM

This is good news. For the time been, the shillings and the hype will seize and the news worthy quality project will get proper attention they deserve. I think shillers and pumpers does nothing good for cryptocurrency ecosystem.
losiva

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:49:57 AM

It is even better he quits the game because he is nothing but a king of pump and dump, a lot of people have lost their money because of his calling and the worst is that he is been paid for those calling, meaning they will buy a ton of coins and call it out and dump on people.
nealdlover

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:55:40 AM

John McAfee is one of the cryto-celebrity nowadays, as we saw few months ago. John McAfee keep promoting some ICO before and have also personal analysis about different coins before.
Now, based on his tweet: https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1008957156819914752

He will not promote anymore because of SEC threats.

For my own opinion, it is good. Because it will avoid pump and dump, and the decentralization feature of cryptocurrency will remain, no one can manipulate or control the price of each coin.

Any ideas guys? It is better decision? What are your thoughts?

He had a right direction, the scam ICO project is now a lot. If he continues to promote ICO projects, he will soon go to jail for a number of unreliable ICO projects. I think the SEC is working very well because ICO projects need to be strictly monitored. Investors will feel secure and invest.
olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 07:59:18 AM

John McAfee is one of the cryto-celebrity nowadays, as we saw few months ago. John McAfee keep promoting some ICO before and have also personal analysis about different coins before.
Now, based on his tweet: https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1008957156819914752

He will not promote anymore because of SEC threats.

For my own opinion, it is good. Because it will avoid pump and dump, and the decentralization feature of cryptocurrency will remain, no one can manipulate or control the price of each coin.

Any ideas guys? It is better decision? What are your thoughts?

I have always believed that John McAfee is being paid for some of his Twitter activities. Jumbing onboard any token without deep checks and research. To him, every ICO will moon and have been misleading some people. This will stop unnecessary pump and dumps in the crypto space.
We can now make right decisions without any paid tweets.

duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:04:23 AM

I appreciate this. I do not like the market trend being affected by his words. It is good for him not to promote the ICO.
karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:06:29 AM

Well.. This is somewhat good.  And the reason for this I suppose would be Becsuse of regulation that is coming to cryptocurrency.  Many people that promote scam project will be sued and possibly prosecuted in regulated market.

Ratio2112

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:31:18 AM

McAfee has promoted many undeserving projects and I believe that it is no longer very credible because he has no hesitation in putting off its promise after a day. Having said that, I agree with some of the things he said, such as the fact that privacy coins are thought and it will be difficult to stop them. I have chosen some projects that make privacy their long-term strength, so if there are stringent regulations their price should increase.
Most of them are microcap projects like DeepOnion, Cloak and Spectre. I'm following even Tangram, a private DAG, they seems really badass!

luongkaren

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:36:50 AM

ICO projects with the support of celebrities like him will be known. He is an influential person, I think this is not good for ICO
makladun

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:40:52 AM

personally, I think if He just made it for his security no more, no less and it is true that SEC threats are doing their things from him.
He's earned a million dollars with the ICO promotion he's done so far. So let's wait for what's going on next.

It is true, nobody having enough money would risk his reputation or getting in troubles with SEC from promotion. But I think such people would be also interested in market, so let's wait what he will do next.
flyingcat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:41:27 AM

For a long time, I have not had a proper sympathy with McAfee for predicting and promoting ICOs. He had predicted that the exchange rate would rise to $ 1 million by 2020 unless he would bite his penis. And now he says he will not work with ICOs anymore, which will help the cryptos market avoid a lot of exchange rate instability.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Thai19

Activity: 360

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

I think the project is better than expected. and the ICO was successful. July 12 will be on the trading floor.
needfix24

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:26:12 AM

McAfee has promoted many undeserving projects and I believe that it is no longer very credible because he has no hesitation in putting off its promise after a day. Having said that, I agree with some of the things he said, such as the fact that privacy coins are thought and it will be difficult to stop them. I have chosen some projects that make privacy their long-term strength, so if there are stringent regulations their price should increase.
Most of them are microcap projects like DeepOnion, Cloak and Spectre. I'm following even Tangram, a private DAG, they seems really badass!

Can't agree more to this, McAfee has such huge impact, especially for cryptocurrency projects. Promoting by him makes the project swings in value. I agree that privacy coins you mentioned here cant be stopped.
bizul

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:27:54 AM

At some point, John started promoting every project thinking he was helping decentralization. I believe he noticed that this reduced the value of his recommendations and will soon support projects with real value. He promoted DeepOnion's new website but I'm not sure if it got good attention in the middle of all the altcoin hype. After hearing him speak in the last video, he put good emphasis on privacy coins. Decentralization and our privacy will give us our power back from the old corrupted banking system.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION   •  TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
IrReAr

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:12:10 AM

I believe that this is a tactical move by Mr. McAfee. Or a PR move. In any case, it is difficult for me to analyze his actions, but I am interested in watching the events.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: