Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mindset of some people here  (Read 449 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 08:28:26 AM

I'm coming to the conclusion that good, well managed bounty programmes could be beneficial to the forum. Somehow we need to get rid of the lazy, inconsiderate managers, and encourage the responsible ones. This is why I suggested that the forum could provide them with some tools to make their task easier, and thus to reduce the workload of the mods. Getting rid of the rubbish posting should increase the value of the forum advertising, especially if it leads to the recruitment of more active members of the crypto community.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:38:45 PM

Guys, I don't know how to start. After reading so many threads today I started thinking that " why some people have started their threads ?. Are they just joking ?. Don't they like to do  google search by them selves before asking some questions here ? etc. Because lots of threads have been started to ask like
Is this the end of crypto ?. 
What should I do now ?
I'm panic by seeing the red market.
I lost $10 and now what I should do ? kind of posts.

Try it yourself. You will see lots of infant kind of questions. That kind of posts from newbies can be acceptable. But with even Jr members who have more than 200+, 300+ post counts ??. Guys, you have come here after studying the crypto at least for 1-2 hours. Bitcointalk is not your first start point ( at least for 90% people here ). So be professional. Don't ask silly questions that doesn't make any sense. Also before asking any question here take a look at google first. Don't cry by seeing the market goes up and down. First understand it is normal. I think you can understand what I mean by this post. This is just my personal idea. Have a happy forum time  Smiley

Seriously it baffles me the kind of questions and silly topics in the forum. Most of this happen as a result of signature post counts and merits hunting. I think moderators has a big role to play on this because only them has the access to delete unwanted meaningless threads and post.
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:13:37 AM

So be professional. Don't ask silly questions that doesn't make any sense. Also before asking any question here take a look at google first. Don't cry by seeing the market goes up and down. First understand it is normal. I think you can understand what I mean by this post. This is just my personal idea. Have a happy forum time  Smiley

I think you just miss the purpose of the forum and its advantage compare to google.  Google will help you in many ways especially in answering your question but posting a question in a forum stimulates discussion.  Some people learn by having a feeling of someone helping them or having a tutor, while others learn using self-help method like google, books, and the like.

We have our own unique ways of learning hence do not discriminate one from another.

atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:58:13 AM

I finally get why higher ranks act so condescending and annoyed.. I used to be nice and just want to help people but after about 8 months it gets pretty old, I can't even imagine 7-8 years...  I now find just being snarky and sarcastic is about the only way to deal with it.  The noobs battling other noobs for merit or just mindlessly posting garbage up to page 739 is really just lol.  It's a lot like Alien vs Predator... no matter who wins, we all lose.
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:09:31 AM

Bitcointalk.org has allowed posts to exist, else the moderator would have deleted it. Besides, I have not come across a glossory of topics here where at a glance, you can see all previous posts.

I have been trying to understand the concept of shitpost. I quite agree that this forum is flooded by members who basically have one mindset: rank up, participate in signature and earn money. Yet, I believe that the forum has created this, or has allowed for it, hence it should be accepted as such.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 08:32:44 AM

The noobs battling other noobs for merit or just mindlessly posting garbage up to page 739 is really just lol.  It's a lot like Alien vs Predator... no matter who wins, we all lose.

It isn't a battle. The forum is awash with sMerits to be awarded. I started today with around 180, and I'm having real trouble in awarding them responsibly. I'm having to be proactive to generate good threads. The thread on the Nicaraguan protests should arrive on the political board soon, and I hope this will help Flying Hellfish in his good work to clean up that board. Anyone who has the Politics board on ignore should remove it, and give Flying Hellfish the help he deserves.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:12:29 PM

I'm coming to the conclusion that good, well managed bounty programmes could be beneficial to the forum. Somehow we need to get rid of the lazy, inconsiderate managers, and encourage the responsible ones. This is why I suggested that the forum could provide them with some tools to make their task easier, and thus to reduce the workload of the mods. Getting rid of the rubbish posting should increase the value of the forum advertising, especially if it leads to the recruitment of more active members of the crypto community.
Preventing spammers to earn easily from the forum's bounties mainly depend upon management of bounty managers.
Unfortunately, there are lots of shitty bounty managers, who don't care about quality of participants and their threads.
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:07:18 AM

The noobs battling other noobs for merit or just mindlessly posting garbage up to page 739 is really just lol.  It's a lot like Alien vs Predator... no matter who wins, we all lose.

It isn't a battle. The forum is awash with sMerits to be awarded. I started today with around 180, and I'm having real trouble in awarding them responsibly. I'm having to be proactive to generate good threads. The thread on the Nicaraguan protests should arrive on the political board soon, and I hope this will help Flying Hellfish in his good work to clean up that board. Anyone who has the Politics board on ignore should remove it, and give Flying Hellfish the help he deserves.

I commend you for your effort in helping the low-ranked members to earn their well-deserved Merits.  But the reality is really heartbreaking that you are just one (or if you just add all the merit sources, less than 100 ) compare to the tens of thousands or even millions users of this forum. 

It is a battle, a battle of idea, creativity, and originality in their posts just to impress the high-ranked members just to earn a merit in order for them to rank-up.  Some members may criticize them, even scrutinize, post sarcastic remarks, and accuse them for merit-begging post.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: