Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:05:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question regarding duplicate/alt accounts that join bounties!  (Read 300 times)
SFR10 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3414

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 06:43:59 AM

Recently, I've seen a lot of cases that falls under the category of "abuse" (when it comes to participants joining bounties [mostly, social campaigns]). I don't know much about its process (since I don't take part on such bounties) but from what I've seen, there's some room for error (unless I'm missing something):

Apart from connecting them with "sent/received transactions to similar addresses", how to accurately check for their connection (for the following case)?
- AFAIK, the process is automated (they simply fill the needed fields on the google form and apply [automatically added to the list]) so they don't have to post using real accounts and we can't "completely" check for connections between multiple accounts (unless I'm missing something [I'm a bit confused]).

Case #1
- A hater tries to damage someone else's reputation, by using the same address/twitter & FB ID/UID or forum name.

On a side note:
- I think I read somewhere about it (not so sure) but couldn't find it (if someone knows, please link/post it here).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:22:29 AM

Due diligence needs to be taken whenever anyone is considering tagging anyone. Your case example has almost certainly happened, but there should be other things to consider. For example, post history is normally a good indicator. People are their own downfalls to habits. We all have habits, and unique styles of writing.

There's also the possibility of doing time analysis to identify whether the alleged connected accounts timing links up together. It's not really same address = connected. There's several things to consider. A example that I can relate too because I don't personally go after bounty participates, but I've reported several accounts which were owned by the same person, and were breaking the rules one way or another. I used a combination of timing analysis, and analyzing their habits. Reported them, and it seems the staff members generally agree with it.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 10:13:30 AM

Basically no one will tag if there is not strong evidence. If I understand your question then below is solution.

For example you have joined bounty with and eth address/Twitter/FB id. Then I am your hater, I like to tag you and I joined using your eth address/Twitter/FB id. It does not mean we are connected account. Both account basically will be disqualify from bounty. Specially it will happen by new account. Even I am your hater I will not use my ranked account. In these case no one will tag. But if same eth address/Twitter/FB id using by multiple bounty and continue campaign, got stake then it will consider connected account.

Mostly user will not do this mistake as well as the aware about that.

Normally they use separates address for each account and after got stake they transfer it one account for sale. It's clearly you will find on spreadsheet. Any how you will find transaction between them. May be you think some one can buy token from bounty hunters and they are not connected. Yes if they buy they should evidence for conversation, if they can prove it then no one will tag.
I think you clear now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 10:21:35 AM

Case #1
- A hater tries to damage someone else's reputation, by using the same address/twitter & FB ID/UID or forum name.

This can happen and the only way to stop people from abusing bounties like this is that they need to post "Proof of authentication" - that they own that account and are not trying to impersonate them.

Moreover tagging such people wont happen unless there is some concrete proof that the accounts are connected.  A hater or in this case a "obsessed hater" would have to work hard to actually grow that account to some rank before imposing as an impersonator. Because a newbie claiming to be such would not get much attention. Still I have not seen such cases but would like to know how DT would handle them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:29:23 AM

On a side note:
- I think I read somewhere about it (not so sure) but couldn't find it (if someone knows, please link/post it here).
Maybe this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3311987.0 ?

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
SFR10 (OP)
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 11:52:30 AM

Due diligence needs to be taken whenever anyone is considering tagging anyone.
I agree and looking at it with a different angle, the tagging part isn't the only issue (they can also get kicked out of the campaign or get nothing in return [apparently, "a manager did that"]).

For example, post history is normally a good indicator. People are their own downfalls to habits. We all have habits, and unique styles of writing.

There's also the possibility of doing time analysis to identify whether the alleged connected accounts timing links up together. It's not really same address = connected.
I agree with those as well but still not sure if it can apply to all of the cases (haters/scammers are getting creative [unfortunately]).

For example you have joined bounty with and eth address/Twitter/FB id. Then I am your hater, I like to tag you and I joined using your eth address/Twitter/FB id. It does not mean we are connected account. Both account basically will be disqualify from bounty. Specially it will happen by new account. Even I am your hater I will not use my ranked account. In these case no one will tag. But if same eth address/Twitter/FB id using by multiple bounty and continue campaign, got stake then it will consider connected account.
That's another issue that I just explained while responding to "Welsh".

This can happen and the only way to stop people from abusing bounties like this is that they need to post "Proof of authentication" - that they own that account and are not trying to impersonate them.
Unfortunately, that only solves the issue if the impersonator was going to use the same account/forum name (how about other methods [Twitter & FB ID/address]?).

Still I have not seen such cases but would like to know how DT would handle them.
Likewise...

A bit similar to what I was looking for but that one had a solution (regardless of that, thank you for posting it [I used a response from its continuation thread, as a source for the above example]).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 11:49:23 PM

Apart from connecting them with "sent/received transactions to similar addresses", how to accurately check for their connection (for the following case)?
Sometimes this should also not be the case. One or two transactions doesn't make the two accounts in question alts of each other. This issue has escalated so many times but DT members refrain from removing the tag because they have heard the " He is my friend,story" so many times. One more thing is that,DT members block the accounts immediately after they tag. That is not good,tbh.

Regarding the OP, I don't know why someone would want to damage the reputation of a bounty hunter? I have seen a few cases but never understood the reason behind it. This problem could be solved if like there is a way for bounty managers not to allow similar entries into the sheets, and also if they do their job well in the first place.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:55:50 PM

Sometimes this should also not be the case. One or two transactions doesn't make the two accounts in question alts of each other. This issue has escalated so many times but DT members refrain from removing the tag because they have heard the " He is my friend,story" so many times. One more thing is that,DT members block the accounts immediately after they tag. That is not good,tbh.
Several members are guilty of painting everyone with the same brush.

Regarding the OP, I don't know why someone would want to damage the reputation of a bounty hunter? I have seen a few cases but never understood the reason behind it. This problem could be solved if like there is a way for bounty managers not to allow similar entries into the sheets, and also if they do their job well in the first place.
There's always an hidden motive that isn't obvious to those who are viewing it from the outside. It could be because they've previously had run ins with each other before or it could be something as petty as someone getting a translation job over another.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 04:18:08 PM

This problem could be solved if like there is a way for bounty managers not to allow similar entries into the sheets, and also if they do their job well in the first place.

There is an option in Google forms which allows form owners to allow only one submission per person. Also a manager can use conditional formatting to highlight multiple entries and put them on hold until they find enough proof to believe one entry as legit.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4456718.msg40012099#msg40012099

Sometimes a cheater puts a bot into action which copies other works and put that work against his user profile and address. Well you can also avoid such bot attempts by adding picture password to forms as mentioned here:

https://www.labnol.org/internet/google-forms-captcha/13066/
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:21:36 PM

In that case it will be harder to prove that accounts are not alt accounts, but it should be provable using....different methods.
But why would they do job and give their reward to someone else? Sometimes these rewards might go up to 1BTC (if not more), honestly, I am not sure who is willing to do that.
One or two transactions doesn't make the two accounts in question alts of each other.
Of course not.
This issue has escalated so many times but DT members refrain from removing the tag because they have heard the " He is my friend,story" so many times.
Latest "he is my fwiend" story. Do you think they are friends? Smiley
One more thing is that,DT members block the accounts immediately after they tag.
Which DT member does that  Undecided
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:39:32 AM

In that case it will be harder to prove that accounts are not alt accounts, but it should be provable using....different methods.

What methods it might be? I'm curious to know.

But why would they do job and give their reward to someone else? Sometimes these rewards might go up to 1BTC (if not more), honestly, I am not sure who is willing to do that.

People with deep hatred (someone you've reported, add -ve trust, blacklisted) could drive them to do that I think. It isn't necessary to completely finish the bounty campaign and stuffs.
Just do the minimum requirements (to make it more believable), add the victims personal information - email address, social accounts and you're good to go.
Say goodbye to the victim Wink
SFR10 (OP)
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 01:47:50 PM

One more thing is that,DT members block the accounts immediately after they tag. That is not good,tbh.
AFAIK, they (DT1/2) only ignore users that repeatedly make excuses through PM (if such DT member exist, I personally don't approve those tactics [ignoring after leaving a negative feedback]).

There is an option in Google forms which allows form owners to allow only one submission per person. Also a manager can use conditional formatting to highlight multiple entries and put them on hold until they find enough proof to believe one entry as legit.

Sometimes a cheater puts a bot into action which copies other works and put that work against his user profile and address. Well you can also avoid such bot attempts by adding picture password to forms as mentioned here:

https://www.labnol.org/internet/google-forms-captcha/13066/
These look great (not sure up to what extent it eliminates the possibility of having such errors but I think you or someone that knows these stuff very well, should create a thread for other managers).

What methods it might be? I'm curious to know.
Same here...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 11:58:51 PM

There's always an hidden motive that isn't obvious to those who are viewing it from the outside. It could be because they've previously had run ins with each other before or it could be something as petty as someone getting a translation job over another.
A fair point indeed.
This problem could be solved if like there is a way for bounty managers not to allow similar entries into the sheets, and also if they do their job well in the first place.

But I doubt most of the bounty managers to use it. They are already busy enough to enroll their alts and earn free money.
Latest "he is my fwiend" story. Do you think they are friends? Smiley
I am not certain because of the involvement of aTriz and blockfolio especially after the post quality change by aTriz.
Which DT member does that  Undecided
A few members actually. I don't want to list names but they have publicly mentioned about it a few months ago. Not sure if they still do.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: