View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:48:32 PM

wait for a dip before u buy

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:21:16 AM

Never invest more than you can afford to lose and are ready to lose 100% of. That means certainly don't invest "everything you have", at ANY price.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:46:06 AM

Hello.  I wanted a good investment and literally just heard about btc when it was $1,100
Is there anyone that can tell me what they think btc will climb to by september-december 2014 (this year)

You work hard for that 12K?

How much would you want to banjo these fkn twats for telling you to buy right away and hold no matter what, when you are sitting watching Bitcoin 'consolidate' in the $400 - $500 range in a few weeks time from now? Market is very weak at the moment, with lots of people thinking that it is actually being artificially held up. I also think this but today, the floor just got taken away from under Bitcoin's feet. If another serious bit of selling pressure comes along anytime soon, then this market is going much lower.

Look at the chart formations, look at Bitcoin's price history, look at how other assets have generally performed after parabolic rises, followed by a crash and partial recovery.

Figure out what the important resistance levels are and only be prepared to take the plunge when Bitcoin shows that it can reach and convincingly breach these levels with gusto. Right now, if Bitcoin takes out $835 on Bistamp, on high volume, with great appetite for coins still at this price level, then that might be a time to consider investing.

Don't invest in Bitcoin until it proves itself to be going in the right direction again and please don't, don't, and simply do not listen to the Bitcoin Nutters on this forum. Most of them are sitting on coins they got for less than $100, whilst they are practically commanding noobs to pounce upon $800 coins, telling them "get me while they are still cheap". These people need to be asbo'd.

I had some memorable run-ins with Bitcoin Nutters when I announced that I was selling $1100 coins in $1000 range in order to minimise damage. i got slated left right and centre for that and we all know what happened next.

Use your head, don't buy into the hype stories, just as you should guard yourself against the blatant fear mongering, although 'bear meterial' is definitely scarce in Bitcoin land.

As for which exchange to go to. Bitstamp has very limited trading options with no straightforward means of even setting a stop loss, but with that aside, it is the only exchange that I quite frankly feel I can trust. Bitcoin is littered with exchanges disappearing with all their customers Bitcoin and Geld. If you are just intending on being a straight forward buy n hold Bitcoiner, go straight to Stamp.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:51:08 AM

Price just tanked, again. We're in a bear market. Lots of confirmed bad news. Still keen on throwing that $12,300 away?

Grin Grin Grin
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:18:39 AM

tomorrow you will have nothing.

Check the price.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:26:00 AM

Check the price.
yes, buy some tomorrow Wink

bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:27:55 AM

I considered short term trading but it really is better to hold for a few months
if i do go all in, i probably will hold for 6-12 months

no mt gox, i heard about their withdrawl issues and maybe if I had a Japanese account or something to get funds quicker, maybe i would go with them
coinbase seems best because i could add my bank account
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:38:01 AM

Check the price.

yes, buy some tomorrow Wink

Then it is better to wait for the price of 1 usd.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:58:51 AM

wow dipping, any comments on this new development guys?
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:01:20 AM

wow dipping, any comments on this new development guys?

YEAH...EVEN CHEAPER COINS THAN THE ONES THAT YOU WERE COMMANDED TO GO ALL IN ON EARLIER!!!

QUICK!!! BUY THEM ALL AS MUCH AS YOU CAN RIGHT NOW!!!!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:06:40 AM

"wow dipping, any comments on this new development guys?"

Some idiot dumped much coins at bitstamp after mt.gox dropped $100. Panic selling at its best. Don't be that guy.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:13:04 AM

"wow dipping, any comments on this new development guys?"

Some idiot dumped much coins at bitstamp after mt.gox dropped $100. Panic selling at its best. Don't be that guy.

and what about that 'idiot' who dumped 1500 BTC at around 1800 UTC, long before Gox started to tank?

another panic seller perhaps? Or someone taking advantage of the deep Bid wall (which he decimated with his sell off) to sell a big load of coins for max USD?

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:57:32 AM

regardless of the price dipping today a bit, you should still invest a little (and potentially sell a little), as soon as possible.   This is just so you can get your feet wet and familiarize yourself with how it all works and it will give you some confidence once you have completed the cycle (of setting up account, buying btc, selling btc).

After that, you should obviously try to buy on the dips, although it is tough to buy when you see the value tanking right before your eyes.   Just like any investment, you want your dollar cost average to be as low as possible.   

I would also suggest putting a little bit into Litecoin if possible.  There is a lot of room for growth with Litecoin.   I have money invested in both, and honestly I have been way more profitable with Litecoin.   I am in both for the long haul, and haven't sold any of either since the first week that I invested (I followed my own advice above).   I just wanted to make sure I could get money in and out of my bank without any problems in buying and selling btc and ltc.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:02:04 AM

regardless of the price dipping today a bit, you should still invest a little (and potentially sell a little), as soon as possible.   This is just so you can get your feet wet and familiarize yourself with how it all works and it will give you some confidence once you have completed the cycle (of setting up account, buying btc, selling btc).

After that, you should obviously try to buy on the dips, although it is tough to buy when you see the value tanking right before your eyes.   Just like any investment, you want your dollar cost average to be as low as possible.   

I would also suggest putting a little bit into Litecoin if possible.  There is a lot of room for growth with Litecoin.   I have money invested in both, and honestly I have been way more profitable with Litecoin.   I am in both for the long haul, and haven't sold any of either since the first week that I invested (I followed my own advice above).   I just wanted to make sure I could get money in and out of my bank without any problems in buying and selling btc and ltc.

i thought about litecoin, it is mine-able to me as well
could invest in some hardware and mine before knc gets a scrypt miner driving the difficulty and demand up
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:13:57 AM

i thought about litecoin, it is mine-able to me as well
could invest in some hardware and mine before knc gets a scrypt miner driving the difficulty and demand up

Yes, If I were you, I would invest about 65% BTC and 35% LTC.   That is what I have personally done to be honest. 
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:51:51 AM

all in and hodl, sell a fraction for food, gas and shelter when they are needed, btw for LTC I would wait for it to touch 0.013 or less, otherwise stay with btc and let the good times roll
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:55:09 AM

Use some dollar cost averaging.  Put $1K in each month. You can break that down into say $250 per week if you want.  When the price is high $1K will buy less coins, when the price is low it will buy more.  If the market tanks you won't be thinking of panic selling because you know your new installment will be buying more coins.

On the other hand if you feel you absolutely must buy immediately.  BitSimple (see sig V) can get you coins in your wallet in a few hours if you fund by bank wire.  No waiting days or weeks wondering if you order will go through.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:22:02 AM

Invest what you can afford to lose, not everything you have!!! Are you mad??

Under construction.
Watari

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:35:59 AM

Agreed!
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:38:38 AM

lol yes i agree as well
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: