Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:57:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin will be best to mine during this bearish market  (Read 596 times)
neocry43 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:27:10 AM

What coin will be best to mine during this bearish market.

Should i mine a low market cap coin or good market cap coin with good exchange listing.

I am mining with 4 1080tis i searched around in whattomine and other calculators but am still very confused.

Is there any pool other than nicehash which converts altcoins to BTC, ETH or LTC.

Sorry moderators if i posted this in wrong thread.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:52:40 AM

Should try $DYOR I think it's proof of work based. Not on any exchange.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:31:37 AM

you should calculate with an electricity cost because if I recommend some coin which I consider profitable not yet sure a profitable for other miners. actually, I still mining on ETH.

I think it's already in the correct section

shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 11:36:38 AM

Your 1080Ti is really dedicated gpu, but it's not worth to mine Zcash or equihash coins because of asic miner. I think Eth, ETC, or some neoscrypt coins or Vertcoin are good choices for now. Also, consider bitcoinZ, EWBF just released a new miner for it.
realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:47:57 PM

I am mining with 4 1080tis i searched around in whattomine and other calculators but am still very confused.

Is there any pool other than nicehash which converts altcoins to BTC, ETH or LTC.

You won't earn much by choosing a coin to mine based on what everyone else is using (whattomine).

Given the current bearish market, it might not be a good strategy to mine the most profitable coin. Instead, you could go and mine the coin with you believe has most potential or the coin that is currently in the largest downward trend. Just make careful and do the necessary research to ensure that the coin's value won't crash further (make sure there is no negative news!).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Patuba

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:42:43 PM

What coin will be best to mine during this bearish market.

Should i mine a low market cap coin or good market cap coin with good exchange listing.

I would say it depends on your goals, if you are looking for the most profitable coin to have a fast ROI or just looking to hold for the future? For fast ROI, I would look at Ethereum; even though people will say it's best to use AMD hardware with it, you can still mine it with Nvidia cards. The price of Ethereum has held pretty good during this bear market, plus you won't have to worry about the Bitmain Equihash ASIC coming out. I have mining since February and have been switching coins a lot always trying to find the best coin at the time, if I would of just kept mining Ethereum, I would of had a lot more profits then mining lesser valued coins.

If you are looking more for prospective long term holds, there are plenty of good projects you can mine. You will just have to do research and find a project you like.

As for mining alt coins and getting paid out in a different currency, you can check out MiningPoolHub.com. You can mine most popular coins there and have the payments auto converted into a different coin that you want paid in.
daviost

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 01:57:58 PM

I don't mine during this bearish market. but look for a chance to buy in this bearish market.
cause i think it doesn't profit again when you mining or have a less profit.

but if you wanna still mining, u can mine your favourite coin or other new coin that still have a good prospect in the future or maybe eth.
but if you still don't have a choice, you can mining ETH cause i think it's still profitable.
just do your research and calculate your profit.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◯●●   REPME.io   ●●◯ ▬▬▬▬▬
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOV
Please check the Whitepaper for more complete info
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:06:13 PM

I don't mine during this bearish market. but look for a chance to buy in this bearish market.
cause i think it doesn't profit again when you mining or have a less profit.

It doesn't matter what the coin price is today, if you're not selling it today.  Why is that so difficult for people to understand?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Kahooli

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:16:42 PM

Should try $DYOR I think it's proof of work based. Not on any exchange.

lel <3
Johnjay06

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:40:33 PM

I mine low difficulty alt coins that I think (hope) will go up in profit.  I've been mining masternode coins and using shared masternode services to stockpile.  I was lucky to get in on Mano early, but now I'm focusing on Gravium and Stim for my rig.  My electricity is cheap, and I'm not gonna leave my rig idle.  IMO with prices down, NOW is the time to mine
2stout

Activity: 2338
Merit: 585

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:36:49 PM

If short games, going to have to keep switching to which one is the most profitable- daily or hourly.  If long game- do your due diligence, select solid projects with active development, and then hope and hodl for the best.
4ward

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:57:05 PM

There is no difference if the market is bearish or not if you are not looking to cash out immediately.

Just mien whatever you would have mined if the marker was higher and hold the crypto until it get gets better

Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:18:32 PM

No one can give you the right advice. You have to determine your own priorities in production. Someone risks and produces new coins in the hope of getting a good profit through time. Someone is mining the most profitable coins now because you need money and sells all the extracted coins. Someone faced the problem of heat removal in the summer and moved to a less profitable but cooler algorithm. All these factors can take into account only you.
inudemon

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:42:16 PM

I push for BTCZ.  Pay attention to it.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:53:38 PM

Honestly in a market like this you are simply better off either mining on Nicehash and getting paid in BTC or just mining ETH and hodling it.

I know that many here need to sell coins ASAP to pay for their GPUs and electricity but right now is a horrible time to sell.

Most of the Bitcoin millionaires today are millionaires because they didn't sell in a bear market like right now. They are hodling for the next FOMO rally and for BTC to hit $100,000.

Same with ETH. Most whales are accumulating like crazy and waiting for the Casper to go live to reduce the supply of ETH on the market and will be selling ETH when it breaks the ATH next.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
blerdrage

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:45:57 AM

I feel that the best thing about mining is that it doesn't matter how well the market is doing. My electricity cost for mining stay consistent month to month unless I add more GPUs and the only thing the market may affect is difficulty in my favor if others stop mining due to cost. Now if you have 100s of miners then you probably do need to focus on the highest ROI per month, but with only 4 cards it doesn't really matter much. I agree with others though in the fact that you need to figure out a plan.
1. Are you speculating on new coins.
2. Are you focusing on a couple coins to HODL.
3. Are you mining to convert directly to BTC.
etc.

I've done all of these and I don't feel any is better than the other. I all depends on your goals. It looks like you are interested in #3. If so I would recommend a combination of something like a Awesome Miner and Mining Pool Hub. Set up multiple pools on AM and mine into MPH. You can set AM to mine the most profitable of the pools you use and then use MPH to convert to BTC.
Tany Hunt

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:14:49 AM

I think zcoin is good coin for mining in this time, Pay watching this
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 02:55:38 PM

Your 1080Ti is really dedicated gpu, but it's not worth to mine Zcash or equihash coins because of asic miner. I think Eth, ETC, or some neoscrypt coins or Vertcoin are good choices for now. Also, consider bitcoinZ, EWBF just released a new miner for it.

Interesting point of view; despite the introductions of ASIC's it's still reasonably profitable to mine ZEC with 1080 TI's, even at these extremely low prices for ZEC.

The appeal of ZEC is it has a very solid use case and well established team and community; what other coin would you guys recommend that's decidedly more profitable than

ZCASH while also having a very positive long term outlook ?

techo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 08:13:40 PM

Try Criptoreal (Crs), i think their Shared Masternode Platform is first in the market and they are still working on it.
skov86

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:46:16 AM

Interesting point of view; despite the introductions of ASIC's it's still reasonably profitable to mine ZEC with 1080 TI's, even at these extremely low prices for ZEC.

The appeal of ZEC is it has a very solid use case and well established team and community; what other coin would you guys recommend that's decidedly more profitable than

ZCASH while also having a very positive long term outlook ?

Long term mining and holding definitely ZENCASH...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: