Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:31:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about mining software, pools and gas fees!  (Read 100 times)
JeffArryn (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 01:16:38 AM

Hi there!

I was mining back in 2017-2018, had a couple nvidia 1070 GPUs and I did fine and cover a decent bunch of the investment, but had to stop in summer 2018 due to lack of space and profitability. Been very active in crypto since then though, and been holding some btc and eth for a long time.

Anyway, I did sell some GPUs at a loss, but not all of them (due to laziness mostly), and I still have 5 of them: 2 1070, 2 1070 ti, and 1 1060. I have my own place now, and an empty room, so I have decided to go back to mining and have made a rig with some recycled stuff (still kept MOBO, 1000W gold EVGA and SSD, plus some RAM I wasn't currently giving use), and also had to buy a used G4400 (52e) as I had already sold mine (for half of what I have spent now), and also 3 risers (29e) because I lost all I had but 2 of them.

So rig is working fine, all good, just some modest 5x old nvidias rig, and it's mostly for the thrill of mining, I loved it back in the day, and I have a couple questions:

1-I was mining using Awesome miner in some Mining Pool Hub pools, and I think it was an okay software, not specially complicated, though it had errors on a regular basis. Which is currently the best mining software for my nvidia cards? I'm not looking for maximizing my mining up to the last bit,  and I don't want to run into a lot of trouble with the mining software like back in 17-18. So something not too difficult to set up and that runs smoothly would be great even if it doesn't deliver the best hashrate.

2-Which is the best pool to mine with? I think ETH is the best coin overall to mine these days, and I wouldn't mind holding it for the next months (also I wouldn't mind only mining it), but I have my fair share of use of DeFi and know how insane gas fees are, so if I'm gonna make something like 300$ a month and gotta pay 100$ in fees to cashout them, well, this sucks. So I was wondering if that's a problem in some of the pools, and which are the best pools in order to get free withdrawals to an exchange.

These are the two questions I can come up for now.

If you have read this far, appreciate a lot!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twan69666

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 02:01:31 AM

1. I'd take a look at HiveOS if you arent married to Windows. It really is pretty easy. Be sure to look at either Phoenix Miner or TRex

2. Ethermine would be my choice. If you go with HiveOS, then the Hive pool is pretty solid too
TheMimic1

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 05:24:34 AM

If you are looking for free withdrawal to exchange while mining Ethereum look no further than Viabtc pool, even if you mine 2$ worth of ETH they will help you send it to coinEX exchange account for free with zero transaction fee, yes Viabtc works with CoinEX

Another pool that works this way is binance pool, you get your payout once in every 24hrs and there is no threshold, you can even withdraw 0.5$ to your spot wallet on binance exchange, it's 100% free

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     ITSMYNE     ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Social-plus NFT marketplace for official sports NFTs
[      t w i t t e r      ]  [    t e l e g r a m    ]  [   i n s t a g r a m   ]  [      d i s c o r d      ]
birdjan

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 05:50:36 AM

You can go to huobi pool.The ping is low,and I think there is no pool fee,they are fpps.Payout is on midnight(europe time +-1 hour).The payout is on huobi exchange account operative about 12 hours later.I am on that pool for more than 10 days with 150mh,and so far they are ok.The payout is similar as whattomine say for 24hours average.
JeffArryn (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 10:06:13 AM

Great!! I didn't know about these exchanges' pools, I already use Binance so it makes a lot of sense to go for it, especially with no fee, no threshold payout! Sounds really good  Cheesy

As for the software, I am definitely married to Windows haha and I had been looking at Gminer, Trex and Phoenix miner, read that Gminer was good for nvidias, but was hoping to get a little bit more insight here!
JeffArryn (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 11:55:12 AM

Ok, I think the other question I already have the answer! With Awesome Miner I have an availability of softwares without the need to actually install them myself, so it's just a matter of allowing Awesome miner to switch between T-Rex, GMiner, PhoenixMiner, etc. That's great cause I didn't want to go into too much trouble.

Currently it's mining ETH with Trex 0.19.14 at 25.6Mh so there's work to do with tweaking these 1700s!!

Alright, I think I'm all set up here, just waiting for a few extra risers, set Binance mining pool and ready to mine!
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 02:43:51 PM

Ok, I think the other question I already have the answer! With Awesome Miner I have an availability of softwares without the need to actually install them myself, so it's just a matter of allowing Awesome miner to switch between T-Rex, GMiner, PhoenixMiner, etc. That's great cause I didn't want to go into too much trouble.

Currently it's mining ETH with Trex 0.19.14 at 25.6Mh so there's work to do with tweaking these 1700s!!

Alright, I think I'm all set up here, just waiting for a few extra risers, set Binance mining pool and ready to mine!
If you use the hive OS and install drivers from 2017 or find an old version of the system in the interval 2017-2018, then your 1070 video card will be able to mine 29 megahash. With new drivers, the hash rate is worse, as if the manufacturers are doing it on purpose.
Choose any pool you like. Since you have 5 video cards, it is probably best to use the one with the smallest output limit.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JeffArryn (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 01:15:00 PM

If you use the hive OS and install drivers from 2017 or find an old version of the system in the interval 2017-2018, then your 1070 video card will be able to mine 29 megahash. With new drivers, the hash rate is worse, as if the manufacturers are doing it on purpose.
Choose any pool you like. Since you have 5 video cards, it is probably best to use the one with the smallest output limit.

Thank you! I will consider the Hive OS plus 2017 drivers, actually I had the 2018 drivers installed version 380 something and had to update them. For now I'm all set up but will consider changing OS if feeling freasky in the future lol

Already the 5 gpu rig working, overall happy and making 13.5$ a day with about 2.25$ electricity (0.17), only some fan from time to time disappears (not always) and also some weird losses of hash across a couple GPUs. Have absolutely zero idea why, but problems appear when opening MSI and trying to improve hashrate. After restarting usually fixes it, and once it gets going it appears to run smooth, it was mining all night with no issues so all good I guess!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: