Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:40:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too late for joining Bitcoin, which altcoin is best?  (Read 5476 times)
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:29:29 AM

Bitcoin is higher priced because people believe it is MUCH more likely to survive.  Remember, cheap has two meanings: low cost and low value.  The altcoins are worth less because they are more likely to become worthless in the long run.

If you absolutely must have low priced coins, your best choice is millibitcoins.  They are still under $1 right now.  There will only ever be 2.1E10 mBTC, with the world population of 7E9, which means someday the average person in the world will have 3 mBTC.  If you buy 300 mBTC and hold until mass adoption, you will have 100 times the wealth of the average person.

Another excellent coin is the satoshi.  You can get 125,000 for $1 right now!  What an awesome deal!

Nicely put  Grin

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:32:16 AM

Too late?  Did you read the article that came out today about how most people have not heard of Bitcoin yet? [Suspicious link removed]j.com/moneybeat/2014/02/05/most-people-still-dont-know-what-bitcoin-is-and-dont-care-to-know/

This is still in the early adoption phase, regardless of how it feels to us that are involved with it!  

Sure you can speculate with altcoins for the fun of it though.
I am only in it for speculation, credit cards are more convenient for payments. I need a crypto where I could get in early and speculate the hell out of it, like the early Bitcoin adopters did. What is my best shot?

sorry thats a paradox. the reason they are cheap is because they are highly likely to fail in bitcoins shadow. if you dive into a cheap crypto, you will only get what you paid for. As a speculator you should also not be afraid of big numbers because they really dont mean much when you have an asset that has doubled in value 16 times.
That's why I feel it's already too later to get into Bitcoin, with its current daily volumes having dramatically fallen. Bitcoin itself has been in the shadow of precious metals and national currencies just like the other cryptos have been in the shadow of Bitcoin. With some proper marketing and touting at offline conferences, any altcoin has a good chance to pyramid sufficient Bitcoin-like hype - LiteCoin being one successful example.

You should make your own.  Hype Coin!

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
bnrrpayments (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:36:34 AM

Bitcoin is higher priced because people believe it is MUCH more likely to survive.  Remember, cheap has two meanings: low cost and low value.  The altcoins are worth less because they are more likely to become worthless in the long run.

If you absolutely must have low priced coins, your best choice is millibitcoins.  They are still under $1 right now.  There will only ever be 2.1E10 mBTC, with the world population of 7E9, which means someday the average person in the world will have 3 mBTC.  If you buy 300 mBTC and hold until mass adoption, you will have 100 times the wealth of the average person.

Another excellent coin is the satoshi.  You can get 125,000 for $1 right now!  What an awesome deal!

Nicely put  Grin
Mass adoption is laughable, most of the world are not libertarians and wouldn't adopt something unregulated. They actually need the nanny state to take care of them all the time.

The numbers you've provided are implausible - if true, there would be just way too many Bitcoin billionaires in the world.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:40:45 AM

Too late?  Did you read the article that came out today about how most people have not heard of Bitcoin yet? [Suspicious link removed]j.com/moneybeat/2014/02/05/most-people-still-dont-know-what-bitcoin-is-and-dont-care-to-know/

This is still in the early adoption phase, regardless of how it feels to us that are involved with it!  

I am only in it for speculation, credit cards are more convenient for payments. I need a crypto where I could get in early and speculate the hell out of it, like the early Bitcoin adopters did. What is my best shot?

sorry thats a paradox. the reason they are cheap is because they are highly likely to fail in bitcoins shadow. if you dive into a cheap crypto, you will only get what you paid for. As a speculator you should also not be afraid of big numbers because they really dont mean much when you have an asset that has doubled in value 16 times.
That's why I feel it's already too later to get into Bitcoin, with its current daily volumes having dramatically fallen. Bitcoin itself has been in the shadow of precious metals and national currencies just like the other cryptos have been in the shadow of Bitcoin. With some proper marketing and touting at offline conferences, any altcoin has a good chance to pyramid sufficient Bitcoin-like hype - LiteCoin being one successful example.

To say that any other asset overshadows bitcoin is incorrect. Bitcoin is the first of it's kind, and appeals to a different and wider market than precious metals (for example)
Altcoins follow the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin is leading the way. If you feel you are too late for bitcoin, then quite frankly, it's too late for the others.
But you are not too late!

bnrrpayments (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:43:09 AM

To say that any other asset overshadows bitcoin is incorrect. Bitcoin is the first of it's kind, and appeals to a different and wider market than precious metals (for example)
Altcoins follow the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin is leading the way. If you feel you are too late for bitcoin, then quite frankly, it's too late for the others.
I just hate the idea of paying hundreds for something others got for less than a dollar. I'm sure many others hate this idea too - many more than those who like it. For this reason, I see it as too late.
bnrrpayments (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:44:37 AM

You should make your own.  Hype Coin!
I am not too tech savvy to run these pyramid schemes on my own but I gladly would if I could.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:45:18 AM

Nicely put  Grin
Mass adoption is laughable, most of the world are not libertarians and wouldn't adopt something unregulated. They actually need the nanny state to take care of them all the time.

The numbers you've provided are implausible - if true, there would be just way too many Bitcoin billionaires in the world.
try do the maths then.
and no, the richest man made by bitcoin is only around 100million.

jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:45:40 AM

Which number seems implausible to you?  The current world's population?  The number of bitcoins that will exist?  2.1E10 divided by 7E9?  Cause they're pretty much facts, aren't they, unless I made an arithmetic error?

Sometimes I think the color of the sky seems implausible, especially at sunset, nevertheless it is what it is.  It hardly seems worth arguing that established facts seem implausible.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:46:19 AM

Oh, one of those. Bitcoin is not a pyramid anything. It's not a ponzi either. Get your definitions straight, read up on how bitcoin works, come back in two weeks and present your findings.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:47:32 AM

I just hate the idea of paying hundreds for something others got for less than a dollar. I'm sure many others hate this idea too - many more than those who like it. For this reason, I see it as too late.

So why are you working for dollars that banks get for free?

bnrrpayments (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:48:18 AM

Oh, one of those. Bitcoin is not a pyramid anything. It's not a ponzi either. Get your definitions straight, read up on how bitcoin works, come back in two weeks and present your findings.
I've been reading about Bitcoin for over half a year and have no slightest doubt about it being a pyramid scheme, along with all altcoins.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:49:02 AM

I think Litecoin has the largest chance of being a highly adopted crypto currency.   The transaction times are awesome, and there is a lot of potential upside still for investors as the price is still so low.   It is still not too late to also buy BTC if you believe in the long term growth and adoption...
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:49:28 AM

a good speculator is not intimidated by big numbers. I think you need to think a bit harder about the implications of your trading psychology.
Bitcoin can still go to $10,000 quite easily.
No, bitcoin it not a pyramid scheme. the majority of the others must fail, and hence they are pyramid schemes.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:50:05 AM

I've been reading about Bitcoin for over half a year and have no slightest doubt about it being a pyramid scheme, along with all altcoins.

Having trouble understanding what you are saying because you used a double negative.   So are you implying that bitcoin is a pyramid scheme or not?
bnrrpayments (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:50:59 AM

So why are you working for dollars that banks get for free?
Because they are backed by the nanny state which the wider populace needs and adores.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:51:24 AM

Why do you come to a bitcoin forum, call bitcoin a ponzi and then ask us for our good advice on which ponzi scheme is better? you are not speculating, you are gambling.

It's not a ponzi or a pyramid mate.....

bnrrpayments (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:53:05 AM

Which number seems implausible to you?  The current world's population?  The number of bitcoins that will exist?  2.1E10 divided by 7E9?  Cause they're pretty much facts, aren't they, unless I made an arithmetic error?

Sometimes I think the color of the sky seems implausible, especially at sunset, nevertheless it is what it is.  It hardly seems worth arguing that established facts seem implausible.
Bitcoin's eventual mass adoption is implausible to me.
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 03:54:14 AM

Why do you come to a bitcoin forum, call bitcoin a ponzi and then ask us for our good advice on which ponzi scheme is better? you are not speculating, you are gambling.

Because he is butthurt for not being near the top of the pyramid Cheesy

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:54:39 AM

That's a really good point.  Perhaps the libertarian demographic of the crypto-coin market is saturated.  But, like you said, "most of the world are not libertarians."

So you've really answered your own question here: create a new coin to appeal to all the non-libertarians that are turned off by bitcoin.  

Quote from: bnrrpayments

Then what's better than to get in right at the beginning?  I suggest that you also obfuscate the fact that you've pre-mined most of the coins.  More profit for you that way, I hear.  

Quote from: bnrrpayments
With some proper marketing and touting at offline conferences, any altcoin has a good chance to pyramid sufficient Bitcoin-like hype

Brilliant.  But, like you said, your not looking for a libertarian audience.  You need some way to appeal to the rest of the world....hmm....I think you're definitely on to something here....  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
bnrrpayments (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:57:07 AM

Whatever, I have my strong opinion and I'm not into arguing about its nature. It's nonetheless a lucrative object of speculation to me, and so are the altcoins. No one really needs them for payments - one can make payments with the more conventional tools in a lot more convenient way. Yet touting and speculating the hell out of it is the way to go.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: