Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox SCAM? $38million disappeared. Large sums affected.  (Read 38104 times)
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:44:21 PM

[...]Probably it is better that all bitcoin related web site owners, remove immediately "mtgox btc quotation" from their home pages...[...]

Well, BitcoinAverage just removed MtGox from their site, which is a nice beginning. We have to get rid of MtGox so it stops pulling the price down.

Yes, I think so too..  on bitstamp price is goin up now...  usd 673 at this moment...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:47:31 PM

[...]Probably it is better that all bitcoin related web site owners, remove immediately "mtgox btc quotation" from their home pages...[...]

Well, BitcoinAverage just removed MtGox from their site, which is a nice beginning. We have to get rid of MtGox so it stops pulling the price down.

Yes, I think so too..  on bitstamp price is goin up now...  usd 673 at this moment...

now will incur a total chaos, and stamp and btc-e go to bottom.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Tzakato

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:50:39 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 06:10:18 PM by Tzakato

[...]now will incur a total chaos, and stamp and btc-e go to bottom.
Could you please explain why you think this?

Edit: Forget it. Just noticed igorr is currently spreading panic over the whole forum. Ignore him.
igorr

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:58:22 PM

[...]now will incur a total chaos, and stamp and btc-e go to bottom.
Could you please explain why you think this?

producers of mining hardware no more any interes to invest money in bitcoin, and game is over.

just read my thread from 5 jan 2014 year, and check my analise and my calculation, you will understand,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400001.msg4328147#msg4328147

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420005.0

igorr

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:08:16 PM

mission complete,

All Bitcoin sold, mining hardware is sold , transfer usd to private bank account in progress.

deftonikus

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:21:19 PM

always felt this will happen

corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:22:20 PM

mission complete,

All Bitcoin sold, mining hardware is sold , transfer usd to private bank account in progress.

all my mining hardware is at its place to regularly mine and will stay there to mine; today I addedd too a new r9 290x tri-x to my rig and a new sha-256 device has been ordered..  My bitcoins are safe on their wallet and I'll not exchange them...
igorr

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:24:21 PM

mission complete,

all my mining hardware is at its place to regularly mine and will stay there to mine; today I addedd too a new r9 290x tri-x to my rig and a new sha-256 device has been ordered..  My bitcoins are safe on their wallet and I'll not exchange them...

I speak for SHA-256

Artlover

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:59:33 PM

Other news...

Bitcoin Foundation calls them a bunch of liars
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=418

CoinDesk tells them to f--k off
http://www.coindesk.com/coindesk-removes-mt-gox-bitcoin-price-index-2/

MtGox really screwed the pooch trying to pass the buck. If it wasn't already before, it's now firmly established that the inherent minor glitch of Bitcoin was well known for years and NOT a problem for wallets that meet Bitcoin transaction standards, and everyone knows it!

Guess MtGox thought everyone was stupid, hence why they went out on a limb with their final excuse.

Your move, MtGox! -- Are you guys going to do the right thing now, admit this problem (like all your other problems) were your own fault and try to fix it while you still have a handful of customers willing to support and defend you and 'maybe' recover from this mess. Or will you continue the charade of playing the innocent victim and screw over everyone who has coins & fiat in your exchange when you shut down in a few days?
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:32:40 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 06:34:30 AM by corsaro

Other news...

Bitcoin Foundation calls them a bunch of liars
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=418

CoinDesk tells them to f--k off
http://www.coindesk.com/coindesk-removes-mt-gox-bitcoin-price-index-2/

MtGox really screwed the pooch trying to pass the buck. If it wasn't already before, it's now firmly established that the inherent minor glitch of Bitcoin was well known for years and NOT a problem for wallets that meet Bitcoin transaction standards, and everyone knows it!

Guess MtGox thought everyone was stupid, hence why they went out on a limb with their final excuse.

Your move, MtGox! -- Are you guys going to do the right thing now, admit this problem (like all your other problems) were your own fault and try to fix it while you still have a handful of customers willing to support and defend you and 'maybe' recover from this mess. Or will you continue the charade of playing the innocent victim and screw over everyone who has coins & fiat in your exchange when you shut down in a few days?

BTC-e got in touch with CoinDesk and had this to say:

There is not a problem with the Bitcoin’s protocol. Unconfirmed transactions were always malleable in the Bitcoin network. We wonder why Mt. Gox wasn’t already aware about this having worked for several years with the protocol. We kindly advise Mt. Gox to hire more professional technical staff.”
source http://www.coindesk.com/price-drops-mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-flaw-withdrawal-delays/

In the meantime, mtgox has been removed from other web sites, and http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/ is not working anymore

Artlover

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:26:22 AM

Wish Coinwarz would hurry up and drop them too!

I wonder what Mark is doing, now that he knows his attempt to pass the buck failed and bit them on the ass even harder.

Aw, who am I kidding. Mark doesn't care. He's probably in a luxury hotel in Cuba sitting on a comfy chair stuffed with everyone's BTC and Fiat drinking pina coladas right now.
halcyon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:30:58 PM

i think karpeles & co are arbing currently between mtgox & other exchanges
easy ~130 $ profit per coin

Directbet livebetting
Tzakato

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:33:20 PM

If the Bitcoin Foundation itself called bullshit on MtGox, will they remove it as (Gold) member? Or isn't this possible? (maybe the foundation pledged to keep them as gold member and MtGox donated in return? I don't know)
Artlover

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:46:51 PM

Well, Mark crawled out from under this rock, and is still spinning this as Gox not only being a victim, but the saviour of Bitcoin by bringing it up and forcing the Bitcoin devs to fix it.  Roll Eyes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leoking/2014/02/13/mt-gox-ceo-mark-karpeles-responds-to-widespread-bitcoin-criticism/

It's been said Gox may open BTC withdrawals again come Monday.

If so, that would leave only a million other problems for them to work on; like solvency and USD withdrawals.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:36:03 AM

Well, Mark crawled out from under this rock, and is still spinning this as Gox not only being a victim, but the saviour of Bitcoin by bringing it up and forcing the Bitcoin devs to fix it.  Roll Eyes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leoking/2014/02/13/mt-gox-ceo-mark-karpeles-responds-to-widespread-bitcoin-criticism/

It's been said Gox may open BTC withdrawals again come Monday.

If so, that would leave only a million other problems for them to work on; like solvency and USD withdrawals.

I, as someone not in the inside, feel like I only have 10% of the informations and motives in this Mtgox story, we will learn more in the coming months

Artlover

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:11:37 AM

I, as someone not in the inside, feel like I only have 10% of the informations and motives in this Mtgox story, we will learn more in the coming months
Yeah, but we won't hear it from Gox. Remember, this latest issue is only one on a long list of issues Magic: The Gathering playing card exchange has had over the years, and not a single one of them has Gox ever been very forthcoming about.

Given their history, the safe bet is; If Gox says it, it's 99.99% a lie, or at the very least, a slinky made from part of the truth.

BTW: Update on Gox, they released a statement today (Monday) regarding BTC withdrawals. Their statement said they fixed the problem but BTC withdrawals are still disabled and they will make a another statement later in the week, hopefully no later than Thursday, with another update. Also that 'when' withdrawals are enabled again, they will be limited and capped according to market conditions.

In other words, they are stalling for time, and if/when withdrawals are enabled, you still won't be able to get everything you have out.  Roll Eyes
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:28:52 AM

Yeah, but we won't hear it from Gox. Remember, this latest issue is only one on a long list of issues Magic: The Gathering playing card exchange has had over the years, and not a single one of them has Gox ever been very forthcoming about.

Given their history, the safe bet is; If Gox says it, it's 99.99% a lie, or at the very least, a slinky made from part of the truth.

BTW: Update on Gox, they released a statement today (Monday) regarding BTC withdrawals. Their statement said they fixed the problem but BTC withdrawals are still disabled and they will make a another statement later in the week, hopefully no later than Thursday, with another update. Also that 'when' withdrawals are enabled again, they will be limited and capped according to market conditions.

In other words, they are stalling for time, and if/when withdrawals are enabled, you still won't be able to get everything you have out.  Roll Eyes

This ^

Otherwise they would not have imposed a limit (daily and monthly) for BTC withdrawals.

That should be a sign clear as day that they do not have all customer funds.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Artlover

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:22:15 PM

So they released another statement today (Thursday) as promised. Withdrawals are still turned off.

https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20140220-Announcement.pdf

They are siting security issue that forced them to relocate to a new building yesterday for the delay. Roll Eyes

They will make another update an some undetermined point in the future. Nope, they didn't even bother to give an estimated time frame for another update this time.

Funny how they claim the issue has been fixed since the weekend. Funny how "moving" didn't effect Deposits or Trades.

To Gox: You're insolvent, we all know this! Stop stalling for time and making excuses. Just roll over and die already instead of trying to drive down Bitcoin too just because you morons were selfish, greedy and f--ked up!
igorr

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:26:57 PM

See MtGox,
how it is possible, big international robbery without any help and without any legal responsibility.
Who was behind this Huh

raspcoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:20:29 PM

I wonder if problems may arise in the future on account of MtGox owning the Bitcoin name.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: