Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:39:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asic.to Custom Firmware - Optimize Performance & Efficiency S19j Pro 200th/s  (Read 32436 times)
taserz (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:18:33 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2022, 12:09:10 AM by taserz
Merited by Scorpyy (2), DickyDck (1)

Asic.to RocketShip Firmware is back with S19 series completed Smiley

How To: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHHTQHlENco
How to part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3fdHhqsoo

Firmware support all control board types except amlogic boards. Amlogic boards will be supported in the future when we feel it is appropriate to release to the public. We notice our bootloader was stolen and our exploits for the s19 so we are not releasing the amlogic firmware until the time is right. Sorry but some people like to ruin it for the others Sad

For support: https://t.me/AsicToChat

** Asic.to Currently supports:**
Bitmain Antminer S9, S9j, S9i. T9+, L3+ Also allows using 6 hashboards for S9.
Innosilicon T2t

Bitmain Antminer S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+.

Bitmain Antminer S19, S19 Pro, T19, S19j Pro, S19j, S19+, S19a, S19a Pro
Control boards C71, C55, C52, C49, IO + BeagleBone
Amlogic boards will be supported in the future when we feel it is appropriate to release to the public. We notice our bootloader was stolen and our exploits for the s19 so we are not releasing the amlogic firmware until the time is right. Sorry but some people like to ruin it for the others Sad

** Development pipeline: **
MicroBT Whatsminer M20S, M21S, M30s, M31s
Bitmain XXX and XXX (it's a secret)

** Get notifications from: **
Asic.to Telegram group: https://t.me/AsicToChat
Asic.to Website: https://asic.to

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
taserz (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:18:13 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2022, 12:05:28 AM by taserz

Antminer S17+/T17+ S17 and T17  custom firmware!

If you own a mining farm/hotel or have a large number of S17 or T17 500+ contact me for a better deal and to hear about our partnership program.

Asic.to has developed a firmware for the Antminer S17/S17 Pro and T17 Antminer. You can download and install it on your machine to improve your profits.

Antminer S17 / T17 Overclocking
Performance ~+30%
The ability to downvolt ~ 15-25%
Antminer S17(normal) to 70-85th/s (~3100-3760w)
Antminer T17 up to 65th/s (consumption ~ 3000W)

Antminer T17 Downvolts to 1900w at 42th/s - 45w/th

(Attention! Firmware is still new, in order to avoid breakdowns it is recommended to increase overclock slowly.)

Features
Overclocking: over 85th/s with S17 and 65th/s T17!
ASICboost and autotuning: On all of our versions include auto-tuning frequency to get the best efficiency as well as utilizing ASICboost.
Decrease Hardware Errors
ENERGY SAVING
No Bmminer
Immersion-ready/Fan Disable: Support for high-efficiency liquid immersion cooling by disabling the fan in the settings.
Lower Thermal Threshold: Lowers default overheat protection to ensure machines last longer.
Full-farm deployment: Send out a configuration file to an unlimited number of miners on the same network. No reboot required!
Power monitoring: Built-in wattmeter function.
Search: Find Other Asic on the network.
Password Change: Ability to mass change passwords and ssh port.
Multi-ASIC roll-out: Setup one machine and install it on all of them with just 1 click.
Free – Download and begin using immediately.  Small 2.8% fee to keep the project going.
Supports popular ASICs: Support for all Antminer S17/T17,S9/S9i/S9j models.
Stable: Automated voltage tuning for best hashboard stability and performance.
Sleep Mode: Mining can stop and fans drop to normal speed using very little power.
Asic Virus Scanner: Tool that checks pre-owned asics for night switcher and other variants.
Easy Uninstallation

Notice you need to unlock SSH for the S17 and T17 models. Click here for instructions on how to unlock SSH.

Notice: When using chip Manual Tune. DO NOT increase chip frequency above 20% of base frequency of board. Just use AutoTune!!!

Please Take Notice
As we all should know my now tampering with your machines can damage the machine. Do so at your own risk... But have fun! TO THE MOON

My Kia forte can do just over 100 miles an hour on a slight downhill straight way.

I did it one time. I don't push it.

Same with mining gear.

edit: I have been notified someone is possibly impersonating on telegram.

Telegram chat for assistance: https://t.me/AsicTo

Change log:

Hi Guys.
Meet 2.0.1 release for Antminer s17, s17pro, t17, s17+, t17+.

Changes:
1) Modified, improved and accelerated the work of autotune.
2) Added an option that ignores the minimal voltage set in profile.
3) Corrected the mixed-up data entry in the auto-switch section.
 4) renamed “fan rpm check” to “immersion mode” and moved to the settings section.

Hi guys.

Meet firmware release 2.0.0 for Antminer s17, s17Pro, s17+, t17, t17+

Changes:
1. General stability, refinement and refactoring of the main driver.
2. Improved display of chip hashrate.
3. Fixed the output display of the current timezone in the regional settings.
4. Made minor changes to the design of the web gui.
5. New profiles added:
S17 - 55th, 60th, 63th.
S17+ - 55th, 60th, 62th, 68th, 74th, 80th, 88th.
T17 - 40th.
T17+ - 40th, 48th, 55th, 63th, 68th.
6. Added an automatic correction of red domains (TIMER).
7. Extended voltage search ranges for auto-tuner profiles.
8. Added full customization of the miner’s manual auto-tuning.
9. Made a smooth change in the fan speed during miner initialization (without a sharp jump).
10. Added protection for breaking the chip chain to prevent equipment failure.
11. Added automatic “emergency” cooling mode, in case of “loss” of  the miner temp sensors.
12. Added processing of erroneous data from temperature sensors.
13. Modified Log, now the status of the miner has become more understandable and detailed.
14. Implemented saving all miner logs even in the event of a complete reboot.
15. And most importantly, your miner will forget about overheating, bringing you a profit with maximum uptime due to the automatic switching of auto tuner profiles with a flexible system of settings to adapt the miner to changes in ambient temperature.  Switching profiles is carried out by setting the temperature range and fan speeds for (automatic mode).

Hi guys.
I am glad to present the first official release of the Best mining firmware version 1.0.0 for Antminers s17 & T17

Hi Guys.
Meet the new release for Antminer S17, S17 Pro, T17, S17 +, T17 + version 1.1.0 from the best development team✌🏻.

1) General stability, code refactoring to simplify adding support for other models and finalizing the main driver.
2) Full support for S17+.
3) Full support for T17+.
4) Added a new way of reading temperature sensors (rewritten from scratch).
5) Automatic switching to a lower profile when the miner overheats.
6) Automatically switches to a lowered profile when it is not possible to tune the selected profile.
7) Added a trigger for the maximum number of miner restarts in case of a board failure.
Cool Improved cooler speed control algorithm (smooth transition from manual to automatic mode without failures).
9) Fixed error setting voltage in manual mode.
10) Fixed the minimum hash rate check (worked when the value was 0 as disabled in the config).
11) Added information on all successful profiles tuned.
12) Added protection of the miner against hashrate theft by viruses.
13) Low temperatures mode is activated only when the silent mode is on (silent start).
14) A trigger has been added that makes it possible to disable the function of heating (pre-heating) chips.
15) Fix a bug, when the firmware sets the cooler speed to 100% in manual mode.

1. General stability.
 2. Correction of profile parameters for  S17 / T17.
 3. Improved nicehash support (extranonce subscribe).
 4. Added trigger to disable / enable voltage (cold start).
 5. Added trigger to disable / enable domain unbalance check.
 6. Added the ability of target chip temp (new proprietary and much cooler adjustment method, which significantly reduced fan speed).
 7. Implemented support for a “quiet" start of the miner.
 8. Automatic transfer of the miner to warm-up mode when starting in cold conditions.
 9. Added registration of dead chips during autotune.
 10. Improved and significantly reduced the launch time of the miner.
 11. Added saving chips freq / autotune result for subsequent manual pre-tuning.
 12. Added checking for all types of viruses that we know about today.
 13. All functionality is added to the config multiplier section.
 14. Activated time zone.
 15. Added the estimated power consumption by the miner (electronic wattmeter).
 16. The status of the miner (its API) is available immediately at startup after 15 seconds.
 17. Added The ability to set the critical temperature of the chips to automatically disable the hash board.

1) The autotune work has been finalized and fully adjusted.
 2) Completely rewritten algorithm for adjusting the voltage of the chips.
 3) Improved method for controlling unbalanced domains.
 4) Adjusted and fully customized profiles.
 5) Added compatibility with BTC Tools version 1.2.6.
 6) Fixed config multiplier with batch propagating workers.
 7) Added pool support for nicehash.com.
 Cool Added pool support for warphash.com.
 9) Checked and fixed stability of the emcd.io pool

New release, 0.9.8_beta for Antminer S17 & T17 models

What is done:
1. General stability
2. Extended and refactored the main driver.
3. The next iteration of refinement and improvement of errors (HW)
4. Hash rate loss on some pools was analyzed and fixed.
5. Added support for P2P pool.
6. Activated the multiplier for the distribution of mass batch configs.
7. Work on with the reading of temperature sensors I2C
8. Created more than 10 overclocking profiles.
9. Added autotune!!! (note, autotune results are saved in a separate config, when changing a profile to a new one and returning to the previous profile, a repeated autotune is not required, except for a forced retune by the user).
After the completion of the tune, “temporarily” changes to the chips in the manual section of gui are not displayed.
10. Autotune is taken out as a separate log in the profiles section.
11. Automatic reboot when unbalancing domains to save chips from burnout.
12. Added manual downgrade of the entire domain.

S9 Volt Rocket Ship

-----AutoTuning Firmware-----

Here is a flashable firmware with some pretty solid specs that beats all the current competition. Vnish made this so much better xD

There is a dev fee on this firmware but it is less than what you will find the competitor's whos fees are often larger than advertised in excess of 4%. Here are the results

475 - 8.0 - 10 TH/s - 750 watt
550 - 8.2 - 11,6 ths - 950 watt
(78 waтт / THs)
631 - 8.3 - 13,5 ths - 1100 watt
(81 waтт / THs)
700 - 8.6 - 14,9 ths - 1300 watt
(85 waтт / THs)
750 - 8.7 - 16.1 ths - 1450 watt
(90 waтт / THs)

As you can see this allows current S9's to still be profitable at the current difficulty for those with 7 cent power and cheaper.

To upgrade just flash this firmware through the console. This has Asic Boost, LPM, Auto Tune. It has triggers to restart if hashrates fall if more then 5 xxx on the chain. Min Frequency is 400mhz. I suggest setting Frequency for autotune and clicking save. Then for the next 30minutes to 1 hour expect the machine to reboot as it tunes.

https://asic.to/firmware-for-antminer-s9-ij-17-5-th-s-70w-th/

----------------------OLD VERSION --------------------

This is made for the 13.5th and 14th S9i.

Download: https://github.com/taserz/S9-Volt-Rocket-Ship/raw/master/bmminer9v

The following is good to run at 800mhz and gets 17th/s and is STABLE and will almost max out the bitmain 1600w psu. This one is running at 8.8v and there are a few other small modifications that seemed to work better for the s9i. If you have an s9i use this one below for a stable 17th. I need some people to test this on 13.5 and 14th S9 non i models.

Download: https://github.com/taserz/S9-Volt-Rocket-Ship/raw/master/bmminer880

Upgrade instructions:

• Flash Fixed Frequency firmware.
  • ssh into your piner. For example, download and run Putty and connect to the ip of your miner.
  • Type /etc/init.d/bmminer.sh stop
  • Run WinSCP and connect to your miners ip.
  • Go to remote directory /usr/bin and rename bmminer to bmminer.old (so we can always put it back)
  • Browse on your local side to wherever you downloaded the copy of bmminer and change their permissions of the file to executable.
  • Copy the now executable copy of bmminer onto your miner.
  • Now you should see bmminer and bmminer.old which is new and old.
  • In putty type: /etc/init.d/bmminer.sh restart
  • Got back to your miners web console and you should see in the kernal log it is running at 9v.
  • Go to minersip./cgi-bin/minerAdvanced.cgi and change the frequency of the miner. I would start at around 675mhz and run it for a few minutes and check for hardware errors.
  • Keep increasing the mhz until you find the spot where there are to many hardware errors happening in the miner status then roll it back some mhz until it is stable.

Now you can benefit from running your s9 like a Rocket Ship.. Get it 9Volt Rocket Ship... It is running at 9 volts muahahaha

• You can now increase your voltage up to whichever works best for you.
• If one of your fans is not working or is not reporting it to speed it will not complain and flood your kernal log.
• I believe I have it so no fans can be plugged in and it will hash perfect for immersive cooling.
• If you flashed to the fix frequency prior you have full fan control.
• If you are looking to hash at a lower speed at lower voltage I changed the following 650mhz to 631 8.8v 631 to 631mhz to 606mhz 8.7v 581mhz or less 8.6v. I might be changing this completely based on feedback.

Please post below any issues you have so I can tweak the file a bit more. Also please post what frequency you are able to run stable at and please let us know if it is a 13.5th or 14th unit. The goal of this mod is to make it so you can squeeze as much power as you can out of the bitmain psu so if you have cheap or free electricity you can benefit from the increased speed. If any of your miner turn off and don't immediately turn back on it is because the psu when into protective mode because it was drawing to much power. Please let me know if that happens to you and list which bitmain psu you have as some are capable of 1600w and some 1800w but we have noticed the ones rated at 1600w go much higher than that.

Please also post what temps you are running at and at which frequency.

Known Issues:

• Hashboard do not report temps but will still mine. Possible good and bad. If you have a hashboard with no temp reading it may work just fine with this mod. The miner will still stop mining if it overheats.

If you have any issues stop bmminer from putty and in WinSCP delete bmminer and then rename bmminer.old to bminner which will be your stock settings.

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
taserz (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:19:59 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2018, 01:01:01 AM by frodocooper

At 725mhz it runs at 1782W so anything under that should run stable on the bitmain PSU

tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:09:29 AM

With the 1600W-rated bitmain PSU I have not been able to get beyond 687.5M. 14.8th is still a decent improvement, though.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
taserz (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:50:10 AM

With the 1600W-rated bitmain PSU I have not been able to get beyond 687.5M. 14.8th is still a decent improvement, though.

With this firmware? I can modify it for the 1600w psu. I currently have it set for the 1800w bitmain psu.

tim-bc

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:17:07 PM

With this firmware? I can modify it for the 1600w psu. I currently have it set for the 1800w bitmain psu.
No, I am using my own custom firmware, I was just letting you know what I have found to be the limit on a 1600w bitmain PSU. Without power limitations it is stable at 850M and above.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/397O1.png

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
Mousem40

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:51:16 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 12:45:23 AM by frodocooper

No, I am using my own custom firmware, I was just letting you know what I have found to be the limit on a 1600w bitmain PSU. Without power limitations it is stable at 850M and above.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/397O1.png

18.4 TH?? Shocked
taserz (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:50:21 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 12:45:57 AM by frodocooper

18.4 TH?? Shocked

You can push to the same with this firmware you might just get some hw errors and I do not recommend. Going over 18th generally means 2kw of power draw.

It works with Antminer S9i 14TH/s or old S9?

It will work on both of them. I might compile a firmware setup for the apw3 aka 1600w psu vs the new 1800w psu.

Mousem40

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:38:42 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 12:28:49 AM by frodocooper

You can push to the same with this firmware you might just get some hw errors and I do not recommend. Going over 18th generally means 2kw of power draw.

And temps running to 101c! Have you disengaged autoshutoff?
gravitymaster

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:13:39 PM

Wink

Fix freq=750 DAYUUUM YOU OVER CLOCKING YO!. Chain[5] voltage_pic=74 value=900 Turn up the heat and hash has hash that ass
tim-bc

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:25:50 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 12:30:07 AM by frodocooper

And temps running to 101c! Have you disengaged autoshutoff?

You are seeing chip temps there, not PCB temps. I have PCB cutoff at 90C and chip cutoff at 110C. Miner is in 30-35C ambient air. Fully air cooled, fans set manually to 100% duty cycle. Notice HW% is 0.0000%

https://i.stack.imgur.com/mnnUa.png

Mousem40

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:32:46 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 12:30:42 AM by frodocooper

You are seeing chip temps there, not PCB temps. I have PCB cutoff at 90C and chip cutoff at 110C. Miner is in 30-35C ambient air. Fully air cooled, fans set manually to 100% duty cycle. Notice HW% is 0.0000%

https://i.stack.imgur.com/mnnUa.png

Impressive but unsustainable? At those temps the case gets so hot, wouldn't the cables begin to melt and life of the miner drastically reduce?
Also is there a point to doing this is if extra power draw negates the increased hashing power?
It looks like it would be a great setup for liquid cooling though.
tim-bc

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:51:56 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 12:31:29 AM by frodocooper

Impressive but unsustainable? At those temps the case gets so hot, wouldn't the cables begin to melt and life of the miner drastically reduce?
Also is there a point to doing this is if extra power draw negates the increased hashing power?
It looks like it would be a great setup for liquid cooling though.

The cables are rated for 125C heat. It is good to remember that the frequency can be varied based on temperature to keep below any threshold. With 35C current summer temps, it is clear that this method would be very effective during the winter.

Of course, it uses extra power, but it is still proportional. So for example instead of $4 profit - $2 electricity you can have $6 profit - $3 electricity and increase your profits by 150%.

Lastly if a board dies on a miner and warranty replacement is not possible, you can recover much of the hashrate using this method to have at least 12th left over, not far from the original 13.5th.

digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:30:00 PM

would this work on T9+(10.50TH)??
MiningTaken

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:13:06 PM

Hi Tazers,

I tried to flash fix-650M firmware ("Antminer-S9-all-201705031838-650M-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar/gz") to my S9 (which has the default auto-freq Nov 2017 firmware), and I got this "Invalid Upgrade version" messages.
The S9 rebooted itself and it still has the default auto-freq version. So the flash failed.

Could you kindly advise what should I do to flash the fix-650M ?
Thank you very much.
Pirozhkov

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:27:07 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 12:22:09 AM by frodocooper

Known Issues:
• Hashboard do not report temps but will still mine. Possible good and bad. If you have a hashboard with no temp reading it may work just fine with this mod. The miner will still stop mining if it overheats.

Hello, man.
Specify, please, the temperature is shown incorrectly?
I installed your firmware. The temperature has risen by 20 degrees.
Is it displayed incorrectly?
New firmware:

Code:
Done check_asic_reg
do read temp on Chain[5]
Chain[5] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=-112
read failed, old value: Chain[5] Chip[62] local Temp=62
Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp=38
218 fix Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp = 97
Done read temp on Chain[5]
do read temp on Chain[6]
Chain[6] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=-111
Chain[6] Chip[62] local Temp=61
Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp=33
218 fix Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp = 96
Done read temp on Chain[6]
do read temp on Chain[7]
Chain[7] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=-100
Chain[7] Chip[62] local Temp=61
Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp=33
218 fix Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp = 96
Done read temp on Chain[7]
set FAN speed according to: temp_highest=62 temp_top1[PWM_T]=97 temp_top1[TEMP_POS_LOCAL]=62 temp_change=0 fix_fan_steps=0
FAN PWM: 74
read_temp_func Done!
CRC error counter=0

Old firmware:

Code:
Done check_asic_reg
do read temp on Chain[5]
Chain[5] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=27
Chain[5] Chip[62] local Temp=58
Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp=133
Special fix Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp = 73
Done read temp on Chain[5]
do read temp on Chain[6]
Chain[6] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=27
Chain[6] Chip[62] local Temp=55
Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp=141
Special fix Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp = 70
Done read temp on Chain[6]
do read temp on Chain[7]
Chain[7] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=27
Chain[7] Chip[62] local Temp=60
read failed on Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp old value:74
Special fix Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp = 75
Done read temp on Chain[7]
set FAN speed according to: temp_highest=60 temp_top1[PWM_T]=60 temp_top1[TEMP_POS_LOCAL]=60 temp_change=1 fix_fan_steps=0
FAN PWM: 68
read_temp_func Done!
CRC error counter=0

What temperature should I look at local Temp?

And how to install fans at 90-100%? I put the firmware 650M and installed a 100% fan - it did not work.
Ty.
tim-bc

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:07:53 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 01:08:09 AM by frodocooper

Hi Tazers,

I tried to flash fix-650M firmware ("Antminer-S9-all-201705031838-650M-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar/gz") to my S9 (which has the default auto-freq Nov 2017 firmware), and I got this "Invalid Upgrade version" messages.
The S9 rebooted itself and it still has the default auto-freq version. So the flash failed.

Could you kindly advise what should I do to flash the fix-650M ?
Thank you very much.

You don't have to reflash firmware if you recompile bmminer to use fixed frequency. Then you just replace bmminer.sh on the miner with your modified version.

MiningTaken

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:03:01 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 01:09:03 AM by frodocooper

You don't have to reflash firmware if you recompile bmminer to use fixed frequency. Then you just replace bmminer.sh on the miner with your modified version.

Hi Tazers,

Thank you for your reply.
The first step of your Upgrade Instructions is to Flash Fixed Frequency firmware.
That's why I thought I need to replace the auto-freq firmware with the older fix-650M one, before I can replace the bmminer.sh with your modified version.

Now you say I don't have to do the first step? Just want to confirm that.
Okay, if you said that, then I will skip the first step and go to the next ones. Hope it will works.
Thanks again.
taserz (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:57:49 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 01:18:45 AM by frodocooper

Hi Tazers,

Thank you for your reply.
The first step of your Upgrade Instructions is to Flash Fixed Frequency firmware.
That's why I thought I need to replace the auto-freq firmware with the older fix-650M one, before I can replace the bmminer.sh with your modified version.

Now you say I don't have to do the first step? Just want to confirm that.
Okay, if you said that, then I will skip the first step and go to the next ones. Hope it will works.
Thanks again.

You only need to flash the fixed frequency firmware in order to gain the controls on the dashboard for fan control. If you use the stock firmware it will still work just fine except the antminer will adjust the fan for the given temperature which honestly works just fine as well. The ability to change fan speed was more so to make the miner run quiet if needed.

rz66

Activity: 67
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:51:42 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2018, 09:53:15 AM by frodocooper

[...]

What temperature should I look at local Temp?

And how to install fans at 90-100%? I put the firmware 650M and installed a 100% fan - it did not work.
Ty.

i have this same question ^ which temperature in the kernel log should we be watching, the temps in miner status shot up to 115-120+
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: