Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:32:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Antminer S1] Sharing of ROI status?  (Read 5151 times)
pedrosoft

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:34:31 PM

1 ant delivered on 6. Dec paid 4.5 btc. Mined till now 4.35 btc.

Woo Hoo!  Thank you.  Very encouraging information!

It is possible to get full ROI on bitcoin mining with the right device and BTC cost!

Absolutely it is.  Key point #1: Stay far far away from pre-orders.

+1
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:44:08 PM

2 Ants purchased around the middle of Jan 2014...

Total Price: 4.9BTC
Total Earned: 2.6BTC

Looking good Smiley

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:44:46 PM

1 ant delivered on 6. Dec paid 4.5 btc. Mined till now 4.35 btc.

Woo Hoo!  Thank you.  Very encouraging information!

It is possible to get full ROI on bitcoin mining with the right device and BTC cost!

Absolutely it is.  Key point #1: Stay far far away from pre-orders.

+1
I almost brake even btc wise. In usd terms not so much. At time of the purchase btc was 1100$. However i hold btc and wont sell them at lower.
Iam sutisfied though.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:18:35 PM

The S1 is by far the best device you can buy right now and have delivered in a few days. Everything else is either 4+ months delivery date from now... OR 4+ months PAST expected delivery date

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:50:57 PM

I am ball-parking here, but most of my antminer's are well on track for profit.

Antminer #1: 4.75BTC batch - returned approximately 4.3BTC and then sold for roughly 160% the cost of ordering a new one in the 1.9BTC batch (minus ~0.5BTC) for lost mining time) = ~4.8 BTC total plus funded antminer #6 that has been mining for about 10 days
Antminer #2: 4.25BTC batch - returned approximately 4.0BTC and then sold for roughly 160% the cost of ordering a new one in the 1.9BTC batch (minus ~0.5BTC) for lost mining time) = ~4.4 BTC total plus funded antminer #7 that has been mining for about 10 days
Antminers #3&4 : bought in the 3.15BTC batch IIRC, returned a significant portion and then sold the same way as those above to buy Antminers #8&9

Antminer #5 : bought at 2.2BTC and well on track to return a profit - I would ballpark that it has mined almost 1BTC already
Antminers #6+7 : bought at 1.9BTC, arrived ~24th and have mined at least 0.5BTC each
Antminers #8+9 : bought at 1.9BTC, arrived ~27th and have mined at least 0.33BTC each
Antminers #10+11 : bought at 1.9BTC, arrived ~28th and have mined at least 0.3BTC each

Basically the first 2 antminer purchases almost entirely funded 6/7 of my current antminers I have in place, and also ~$1500 cash to balance out my investments

In my mind, the current 1.45BTC batch may be a little bit too pricy if it does not ship until the 8th and arrive the ~12th. ordering now guarantees an added 3-5 days before they ship the *presumably sizable* list of orders placed during CNY, and that may not be enough time to break much if any profit from the systems.

A 1.1BTC unit that ships on the 20th would be a good deal IMO

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
elduce

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:18:16 PM

my sucksess story  Undecided:
1st paid December 12, shipped December 17, started mining at sushi hosting location on December 24 -- 4.25btc (runs default ~178ghs)
2nd paid December 26, shipped December 30, started mining at my home on January 10 (NY holidays suck) -- 3.15btc (runs OCed ~204ghs)
2nd paid January 10, shipped January 14, started mining at my home on February 3 (Customs suck) -- 2.4btc (runs OCed ~194ghs)
Total: 9.8btc

mined: 3.45btc at Eligius, 0,3btc at btcguild. Total 3.75

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:52:52 PM

In my mind, the current 1.45BTC batch may be a little bit too pricy if it does not ship until the 8th and arrive the ~12th. ordering now guarantees an added 3-5 days before they ship the *presumably sizable* list of orders placed during CNY, and that may not be enough time to break much if any profit from the systems.

My sentiments exactly.  I'm holding off until the aftermath of CNY has subsided.
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:15:42 AM

~3 BTC mined so far

ROI'd 3 times and paid nex college semester
by selling these on the bay before every price drop
then bought new ones and repeat. had 8 Ants so far
palawan (OP)

Activity: 386

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

~3 BTC mined so far

I'm so scared to sell them on ebay as they might put a claim after 20 or 30 days that it's not as described or it's defective.

Even up to 7 days, they might claim it's defective and they mined for free on those 7 days.  But you don't have any problems so maybe I should give it a try.  I don't even mind selling for

Awesome method you have and seem to be the best for getting the most returns (profits).

halu
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:28:09 AM

Best buy ever.

Xer0

°^°

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:58:51 AM

I'm so scared to sell them on ebay as they might put a claim after 20 or 30 days that it's not as described or it's defective.

Even up to 7 days, they might claim it's defective and they mined for free on those 7 days.  But you don't have any problems so maybe I should give it a try.  I don't even mind selling for
dont know how its in the states, but here in germany you dont give warranty on used items as private seller
palawan (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:10:51 AM

dont know how its in the states, but here in germany you dont give warranty on used items as private seller

Nice.  I can put on the listing that there's no warranty/refunds but it's difficult sometimes especially if the buyer has fraudulent intentions and will try to take advantage of buyer protection from ebay or PayPal.  Thank you for the idea, though and it really helps in having the best chances for getting full ROI from the Ant's.

halu
palawan (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:38:14 AM

Antminer #1: 4.75BTC batch - returned approximately 4.3BTC and then sold for roughly 160% the cost of ordering a new one in the 1.9BTC batch (minus ~0.5BTC) for lost mining time) = ~4.8 BTC total plus funded antminer #6 that has been mining for about 10 days
Antminer #2: 4.25BTC batch - returned approximately 4.0BTC and then sold for roughly 160% the cost of ordering a new one in the 1.9BTC batch (minus ~0.5BTC) for lost mining time) = ~4.4 BTC total plus funded antminer #7 that has been mining for about 10 days
Antminers #3&4 : bought in the 3.15BTC batch IIRC, returned a significant portion and then sold the same way as those above to buy Antminers #8&9

Antminer #5 : bought at 2.2BTC and well on track to return a profit - I would ballpark that it has mined almost 1BTC already
Antminers #6+7 : bought at 1.9BTC, arrived ~24th and have mined at least 0.5BTC each
Antminers #8+9 : bought at 1.9BTC, arrived ~27th and have mined at least 0.33BTC each
Antminers #10+11 : bought at 1.9BTC, arrived ~28th and have mined at least 0.3BTC each

Basically the first 2 antminer purchases almost entirely funded 6/7 of my current antminers I have in place, and also ~$1500 cash to balance out my investments

Pretty awesome calculations on this thread and are in-line with my experience wrt Antminer S1's.

If I ever see a need to respond to one of the myths that are being perpetually spread such as:

• 1.  Bitcoin miners can't/don't do math
  • 2.  There is no chance of getting roi on bitcoin mining
  • 3.  There is no hardware out there that can get roi because difficulty is too high

I can just point to this thread....  I probably should have posted this topic on the Mining Speculation section, but you guys providing the data are here, though  Smiley

I do agree that 1.45BTC with an estimated date of arrival of at best 2/12/2014 would be much too high for me.  My cost-basis for existing 2 Ant's on that date will be around .9BTC.

halu
Xer0

°^°

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:41:59 AM

Even up to 7 days, they might claim it's defective and they mined for free on those 7 days.  But you don't have any problems so maybe I should give it a try.  I don't even mind selling for

Nice.  I can put on the listing that there's no warranty/refunds but it's difficult sometimes especially if the buyer has fraudulent intentions and will try to take advantage of buyer protection from ebay or PayPal.  Thank you for the idea, though and it really helps in having the best chances for getting full ROI from the Ant's.
here if someone claims "not received" you just need to provide shipping proof to win the case
but dunno how its is with "received different item", or even if thats possible, never had this though
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:29:55 AM

Pretty awesome calculations on this thread and are in-line with my experience wrt Antminer S1's.

If I ever see a need to respond to one of the myths that are being perpetually spread such as:

• 3.  There is no hardware out there that can get roi because difficulty is too high

I can just point to this thread....  I probably should have posted this topic on the Mining Speculation section, but you guys providing the data are here, though  Smiley

I do agree that 1.45BTC with an estimated date of arrival of at best 2/12/2014 would be much too high for me.  My cost-basis for existing 2 Ant's on that date will be around .9BTC.
Why do you even need point naysayers to this thread? Let them believe what they will. If they are too chicken shit to mine, the better for us.

For myself the proof is in the pudding, and I am not too keen on sharing it with skeptics.
palawan (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:40:43 AM

Why do you even need point naysayers to this thread? Let them believe what they will. If they are too chicken shit to mine, the better for us.

For myself the proof is in the pudding, and I am not too keen on sharing it with skeptics.

You're right!  Thanks for setting me straight.  It will be like doing research for them and making it easier for them.  The demand for Antminer S1 does help us, when we need to resell our equipment.  I don't mind selling for cheap to give the next buyer a chance to roi...  In a few weeks, I might do that.

halu
mitak64

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:11:09 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 02:51:01 PM by mitak64

~3 BTC mined so far

Even up to 7 days, they might claim it's defective and they mined for free on those 7 days.  But you don't have any problems so maybe I should give it a try.  I don't even mind selling for

Awesome method you have and seem to be the best for getting the most returns (profits).

I got scammed by an Ebay buyer that same way.
As soon as he got the item, he messaged me that it does not look "new" and that he's thinking of filing a case with Ebay for a refund, but is not decided yet.
At that moment I knew he is planning to use it, keep the BTC mined and return it at some point.
Anyway, I immediately replied that I accept and will refund him.
I did not hear from him for 5 days, until all of a sudden he filed a case for "item not as described" , now he says one blade is not working, on top of this.
He again demanded refund, but since I'm short of funds now, this time I proposed a replacement and mailed him a prepaid Fedex label.
He was stalling with stupid excuses for a few days, until finally he shipped it back.
I am yet to receive the miner and I'm really hoping it can be repaired.

So, to all selling miners on Ebay - beware !!!

When you think of it,  it's the perfect scam.
Buy any ASIC , use it, profit , then just before the 45 days mark, open a case.
Paypal will take your side and force the seller to refund, because of the "buyer protection".
There is no "seller protection", btw.
I cancelled all my auctions on Ebay since, took a loss for the fees of course.
But I'm never selling a bitcoin miner on Ebay, if anything.
palawan (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:37:24 PM

~3 BTC mined so far

I got scammed by an Ebay buyer that same way.
As soon as he got the item, he messaged me that it does not look "new" and that he's thinking of filing a case with Ebay for a refund, but is not decided yet.
At that moment I knew he is planning to use it, keep the BTC mined and return it at some point.
Anyway, I immediately replied that I accept and will refund him.
I did not hear from him for 5 days, until all of a sudden he filed a case for "item not as described" , now he says one blade is not working, on top of this.
He again demanded refund, but since I'm short of funds now, this time I proposed a replacement and mailed him a prepaid Fedex label.
He was stalling with stupid excuses for a few days, until finally he shipped it back.
I am yet to receive the miner and I'm really hoping it can be repaired.

So, to all selling miners on Ebay - beware !!!

When you think of it,  it's the perfect scam.
Buy any ASIC , use it, profit , then just before the 45 days mark, open a case.
Paypal will take your side and force the seller to refund, because of the "buyer protection".
There is no "seller protection", btw.
I cancelled all my auctions on Ebay since, took a loss for the fees of course.
But I'm never selling a bitcoin miner on Ebay, if anything.

Very sorry to hear of your bad ebay experience.  Thank you for sharing and warning US ebay sellers.

halu
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:46:50 PM

I've been keeping tracking of mine by using a separate address for each batch on Eligius. These stats include paid and unpaid shares up to 6pm GMT Feb 07. They do not include shelved shares (approx 3%) that could be paid out in the future, or NMC paid out (which pays about half the electricity cost).

First Order: 2.2BTC (coupon adjusted from 2.4BTC), placed Jan 11th. Earned 0.92195611BTC, remaining 1.27804389BTC
Second Order: 2.0BTC (coupon adjusted from 2.2BTC), placed Jan 15th. Earned 0.734062416BTC, remaining 1.265937584BTC
Third Order: 1.9BTC, placed Jan 19th. Earned 0.591175885BTC, remaining 1.308824115BTC

Additional costs are $20/unit for power supplies, $10/unit for brokerage/tax, $15/unit for power distribution (networked PDU and 30A 240V outlet/breaker), and let's say $5/unit for networking gear.

As I said, about 1/2 the power costs are covered by the merged mined NMC, but that could quickly change.
I am still estimating them all reaching break even by the end of March.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:30:26 AM

I'm running 3 Antminers.  They are averaging anywhere between .12 to .15 per day.  I would have to look at the dates to see when i received them, but they have purchased a 4th one.  On the 3 machines, I've spent 7.5btc.  I've mined a total of 2.3btc.  Should be pay for it's self in 2 1/2 months.  I have them spread out over 2 pools.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █