Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:07:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized cryptographic currencies as a complement to current money systems.  (Read 764 times)
_Miracle (OP)

Activity: 905
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 06:02:40 PM

What do you think?

What are the other applications for the bitcoin (or others like it) protocol?

What does that mean for how we do business?

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:05:04 AM

I'd say Ripple is the only one so far trying to get cozy with the current system in place rather than compete with it. A lot of people dislike them for this but in the end we need to co-operate with the establishment somewhat in order to get acceptance, so I'm fine with one currency doing this. I think ripple has potential, though not from a pure speculation standpoint with it's relatively high market cap... thinking very long term here.

There is of course NXT and others but no alt coin has stood above the rest in this regard to decentralize exchanges.
_Miracle (OP)

Activity: 905
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:44:36 PM

I had to check myself on my initial reaction to "Ripple"   Wink I don't know enough about it and yet my gut was to say that it isn't near the level of bitcoin's innovation. Sort of like the reactions other people have about bitcoin.

There seems to be so many possibilities with cryptography and the block-chain. I supposed it peeks my interest even more so when countries begin talking about keeping it's citizens info within the physical boundaries of the country.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: