Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:21:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to participate in crypto airdrops (free coins) for Newbies  (Read 134 times)
Timmzzy (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:55:47 AM

Airdrop is a process by which coin developer communities offer free tokens or cryptocurrencies into a digital wallet for a small task or even for free.

To participate in most Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and/or get free coins, you need Telegram app, Twitter account, an ERC wallet such as imToken, MyEtherWallet, and so forth.

Most developers give out some of the coins free of charge before actual ICOs and listing in exchanges. They call it airdrop. They do it so you would help them publicise the coin.

After activating your Twitter and Telegram accounts, get an ERC wallet. You can get one from myetherwallet.com, but my instructions would be based on imToken. They offer similar services.

Download the app at https://goo.gl/is8m4k (Android).

Open the app and click Create Wallet.

Input a preferred name for the wallet. Choose a hi-quality password. Make it a combination of small and block letters, numerals and special characters. For example, iPass1234code!9e

Agree to the Terms and select Create Wallet.

Go Backup Now

Enter the password you have chosen. You would be presented with a set of 12 words. Copy out those words on a sheet of paper. Keep it very safe.

NEXT

Enter and confirm those words.

To get your wallet address, click on the code just under the chosen wallet name. It begins with 0x. Copy it. It's your address. That is what you should share to receive Ethereum or ETH-based smart contracts tokens that most ICOs are. An example of an ETH-based wallet 👉🏽 0xfAa5f114A90df6C623bA74f576aB54aAC6c60768

Protect the app with a key/lock. Keep those 12 words very safe. You would need them if you switch devices or you want to access your wallet elsewhere. It is very important. You should also keep a copy of the private key/keystore on an external drive. Never lose them.
Why I prefer imToken to myetherwallet.com

1. imToken works offline. The only time you need data access is when you want to send out funds or you want alerts for funds reception. You need NO data to create, delete, import wallet, or change passwords. For myetherwallet.com, data is required for any single operation.

2. imToken automatically updates your balance. If you receive e.g ATOC token as of recent and it's auto-updated on  imToken. If you checked same on myetherwallet.com, and ATOC was not in the list of tokens. You would have to manually add the contract address and click on it to see the balance. With so many airdrops, you may not even know when you receive one if you use myetherwallet.com. imToken saves you the stress.

3. Password can be changed on IMTOKEN, but you cannot with myetherwallet.com.

Now Enjoy AirDrops with your Friends and family.
Follow TIMMZZY on twitter I follow back asap: https://twitter.com/Timmyblove

Money most be made in CRYPTO

Enjoy and have a nice Day.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:56:09 PM

Some of the active airdrops might be found here:
https://airdropalert.com/
but its not the only source of airdrops, there is a lot of them here on BTT in bounty threads
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:06:48 PM

Good advice but I think you should warn new users about the dangers of "airdrops".  The majority of airdrops are completely fake and they are just a tool to get your personal information.  They may sell the information or attempt to hack you.  Always use a seperate email with no personal information on it.  Also I wouldn't do KYC but that is my decision.  If you feel the project is legit then by all means don't be afraid to do a KYC.
lhung

Activity: 296
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 02:52:16 PM

Good advice but I think you should warn new users about the dangers of "airdrops".  The majority of airdrops are completely fake and they are just a tool to get your personal information.  They may sell the information or attempt to hack you.  Always use a seperate email with no personal information on it.  Also I wouldn't do KYC but that is my decision.  If you feel the project is legit then by all means don't be afraid to do a KYC.
How to appreciate good airdrop?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: