Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 7427 times)
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:18:43 PM

Ok, so who are bitcoin's spokes persons in London? Amir, Max and Stacy? Maybe this ranting is just a cultural thing there? I would be happy to have some locals here in Chile being interviewed on national TV on bitcoin and we are still in the phase where all mass exposure gives us visibility and both a clown blatantly lying about bitcoin or some professor giving financial advice to buy in will give us visibility with people who never heard a thing about bitcoin before and can't do any real harm.

Exactly.. anything that stirs people curiousity is good. That a large part of what I liked about Amir, he gets people thinking and isn't that refreshing!

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:19:03 PM

Professional by what standard?.. Banksters dress smart and what have they given us?.. a wrecked economy but it's ok because they look nice.

Grin - completely agree.

They'll be telling him to get his teeth bleached and his chest waxed next FFS
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:36:03 PM

Con-men dress smart because they understand image is everything in order to gain trust.

So your thread here is meant as bad irony?.. That wasn't at all clear and you should be careful doing that; a lot of people will take you seriously and may not get the point at all.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:52:07 PM

I understand he is passionate. We all are. But, Amir accepts to go on a national TV station, which has millions of viewers, and then just talks a load of incoherent non-sense for 5 minutes. That's not going to persuade viewers at home to start buying or even researching bitcoin.

Surely there are more professional and knowledgble people in the UK to talk about bitcoin?

I listened to the video, but unfortunately it was too painful too watch. Shame.
i hate putting on a tin foil hat (as some may think this message becomes) but
i watched a interview amir done last year, and i face palmed that interview as much as this one. at the time i then sent the BBC a list of willing and more professional speakers that could actually talk about bitcoin in a useful way. but it appears they are only interested in the eccentric..

as for other professional speakers, max keiser although he is just as eccentric, he does try to keep the words he uses in a logical and easy to understand way. yet the BBC when interviewing max did not given him much time to talk about bitcoin and maybe only enough time to say 2 words to attempt to counter bitcoin criticism.

(now for the tin foil hat moment)
all of this proves that the BBC is owned by the rich banks and government and they have to keep their interests, above public knowledge.

and a personal message to amir.
seriously dude your on TV where the nation is watching. atleast comb your hair and wear a shirt with a collar. realise your being viewed by millions and that the visual perception is just as important as the words you say. please realise that the BBC is not your squat where you can wear what you like because only a select few will see you.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:07:34 PM

I think they're using him on purpose to give Bitcoin a nasty face

davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:13:04 PM

no, i'm being serious.
If politicians dressed like tramps no one would vote for them. (which would be a good thing) If bankers wore hoodies, no one would bank with them.
<snip />
Why do you think sales reps dress smart, because it portrays a professional image which says you can trust me.
No one is going to rush out and buy bitcoin because a man on tv, who doesn't look like he has a penny to his name, says its a good idea.
<snip />

The fallacy you're trying to suggest is valid, is that what people look like matters more than what they have to say. I'd rather see the end of that nonsense.

You suggested only one valid point that everytime someone is in public talking about Bitcoin, they are selling Bitcoin.. which is the measure by which Amir did a great job. He's maybe not the salemen you want to see but he will have inspired a lot of people who've not understood that Bitcoin is more than just a geeky internet token.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

no, i'm being serious.
If politicians dressed like tramps no one would vote for them. (which would be a good thing) If bankers wore hoodies, no one would bank with them.
<snip />
Why do you think sales reps dress smart, because it portrays a professional image which says you can trust me.
No one is going to rush out and buy bitcoin because a man on tv, who doesn't look like he has a penny to his name, says its a good idea.
<snip />

The fallacy you're trying to suggest is valid, is that what people look like matters more than what they have to say. I'd rather see the end of that nonsense.

You suggested only one valid point that everytime someone is in public talking about Bitcoin, they are selling Bitcoin.. which is the measure by which Amir did a great job. He's maybe not the salemen you want to see but he will have inspired a lot of people who've not understood that Bitcoin is more than just a geeky internet token.

Its not all about looks to me. But, when trying to convince people to part with two of the most valuable commodities, time and money, dressing smart and being coherent goes a long way.

Also to spread the legs and drop the panties

davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:24:10 PM

Its not all about looks to me. But, when trying to convince people to part with two of the most valuable commodities, time and money, dressing smart and being coherent goes a long way.

You're taking cheap shots but he wasn't incoherent and he did a better job than you would do.

Go and get that amount of exposure; do it better, then feel free to criticize.

TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:24:20 PM

Well, you have people like Stallman who absolutely do not care about dressing nice or appearance at all.

Look here, he's eating something from his foot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

Intelligence and appearance has no direct correlation, however people in this world is very much concerned about appearance, and as such, when interviewed on TV, or otherwise participating in anything done publicly, most people are concerned about looking good.

It appears to me that most(?) people are very superficial and judge people based on how they look. Put on a suit, and make it look like you have money, and everybody is suddenly listening to you.

I don't think that's how it should be, but that's how it is, and I don't think it is going to change any time soon...

fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:25:23 PM

".... and then they fight you..."

It's subtle but the war has already started.

"our revolution will not be televised"
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:31:34 PM

He has no clue they're using him

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:40:54 PM

I liked it. He was being himself. Not a polished, professional media personality, but a lay person who was understandably a little nervous being in front of the camera. I think it's apt for a people's currency.
ak84

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:46:56 PM

how did he lose all his BTC?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Edutainment.Tech ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Double ICO: Games for smart and games for business
SmartGames    ◼ CorpEdu
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:55:13 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 06:32:36 PM by practicaldreamer

He has no clue they're using him

the illuminati don't need to try very hard Sad

I honestly don't know what some of you are babbling on about.

One of the developers of BTC  was interviewed on the BBC. They went to Amir because he is a recognised expert in his field - no conspiracy, no CIA involvement.

Some of you have spat the dummy because he didn't wear a shirt and tie during said interview and are now worried that your BTC holdings may have been adversely affected.

In my opinion either BTC will sink or swim according to its merit and its utility - and we all know that it has lots of merit and utility.

In the meantime I think we should all be allowed to express ourselves in a way we each see fit.

And don't worry too much about how you think he comes across to the "masses" - you can't speak for them, only yourselves.
A lot of people will have brothers and sons and uncles and partners that look not too dissimilar to Amir - if you yourself didn't like the way he dressed then at least have the balls to say it, and don't try to pass the book onto the nonexistent "masses". A lot of people in the UK are sick and tired of being preached to and conned by the suits, believe me.

Lets not forget that BTC is much more Amir Taaki's baby than it is mine or yours [even if you are heavily invested] - so lets show the man the respect he deserves instead of this threads kind of bitching vitriol.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 06:01:25 PM

Thought the interview was fine, I'd be shitting myself talking on national television. Also bare in mind the BBC is pretty much state TV so they've got their own agenda.
KawalGrover

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:18:12 PM

I think he did quiet well actually. Trying to explain the social fundamentals of the Blockchain and how its an equalizer which will create much better resource management.

"We have property everywhere and yet there are so many homeless..."

Given the pressures of trying to explain such issues in 30 second soundbites I am sure is not that easy.

TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

"We have property everywhere and yet there are so many homeless..."

From a standpoint where you want to make things equal for people, what he says makes sense.

However, in the real world, people own stuff and can do whatever they want with it. If I wanted to and had enough money, I could buy an entire street in central London, and then let it stay vacant while homeless people roam the streets. And it would be perfectly legal, although not very moral..
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 06:34:35 PM

Yes, but the point is that the step towards an answer to our economic and political difficulties, is to disrupt the current power and wealth - hand more power to the people; that's part of what Bitcoin helps us do.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

I don't doubt this dude's knowledge of BTC and abilities as a coder, but guy doesn't look like a good public voice and face for Bitcoin.

I've read his contributions to the community as a coder and BTC evangelist, but something about him just yells "Punk Bitch", when you see him in interviews.

Leave the public speaking to Andrea Antonopolous, Marc Andreeson, Fred Wilson, Jeremy Liew, and the Winklevii.  Cool

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:57:43 PM

A really charming and passionate guy whose delivery could be worked on. He certainly could think about putting more structure into his replies and semi-preparing his answers. He is clearly more than capable of giving the traditional type of straight-forward interview but, like bitcoin, he's disruptive and anti-establishment by nature.

Having said that, kids these days talk just like this with off-shoot ontop of an off-shoot, so to all the college and uni kids watching that he would have made perfect sense and they will be painting up their bitcoin T-shirts right now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: