Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-02-07] Bloomberg: Bitcoin Plunges as Gox Closes INDEFINITELY  (Read 1455 times)
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 04:45:23 PM

I suppose "until an undefined time" is technically what indefinitely means, although I doubt most of their readers will think that at first glance.  Lame journalism (but what do you expect from bloomberg anyways?)... on the other hand the shenanigans coming out of gox are lamer so I guess it all cancels out.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-02-07/bitcoin-price-plunges-as-mt-dot-gox-exchange-closes-indefinitely

PS I think this (press) subforum should be given an exemption from the subject length limit so we don't have to delete words from the articles' titles to make them fit.  The full article title is "Bitcoin Price Plunges as Mt. Gox Exchange Closes Indefinitely".  Upon typing the last word of the subject line I was overwhelmed by the urge to use capslock.  Deal with it.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:46:43 PM

That's a very misleading title (although in keeping with the linked article), I'd be willing to bet somebody sold all their BTC.
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 04:47:37 PM

That's a very misleading title (although in keeping with the linked article), I'd be willing to bet somebody sold all their BTC.

The title of the thread is the title of the article.  Them's the rules for this subforum.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
_wayfarer_

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:53:13 PM

Completely sensationalist and misleading title.  I expect better from Businessweek.

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 07:43:21 PM

maybe they prepare for Litecoin launch  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: