Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:56:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinFinance.com Relaunched! - New home, new features!  (Read 1130 times)
coinfinance (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:37:55 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 01:46:00 PM by coinfinance

Do you own a lot of cryptocoins?

Have you ever wonder what's your wealth? How much do them worth... realtime???

CoinFinance.com allows you to track your coins portfolio in an easy way.

In addition you can check coins quotes, charts, news, information, and a lot more info.

P.D.: This is the first version of the site, it will be in constantly development, so we'll keep a lot of eyes in this thread to possible bugs reports, new features, ideas, etc.

Date of launch: February 6th, 2014

Check it out!

http://coinfinance.com

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:43:42 PM

Site is looking real good guys.

A couple questions...
Is the difference between current and old price 24 hours time?
Where is the pricing information coming from?  If using multiple exchanges can you list in the portfolio which is being used and possibly add the ability to manually choose an exchange to pull the price from?
How often is the price data refreshed?
How often are new coins added?

One thing that would make the site easier to use would be the ability to use API's from other sites to bring in balances so those can be managed automatically and offline wallets can be managed manually.  Just my $.02.  

I also noticed the values for BTC wealth extend past 8 decimal places.

bit0x

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:04:12 PM

Slow site loading

lajz99

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:13:35 PM

You may also want to consider allowing people to add coins that are not yet on exchanges....they may not show a btc/usd/eur value but that could be plugged in once they're added to an exchange...

Automated hourly snapshots would also be awesome.   Shocked

coinfinance (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:35:27 PM

You may also want to consider allowing people to add coins that are not yet on exchanges....they may not show a btc/usd/eur value but that could be plugged in once they're added to an exchange...

Automated hourly snapshots would also be awesome.   Shocked

You can request for adding coins, even if they are not in exchanges. Anyone in particular.?

Also, about the hourly snaps it will be added this week. It's a great feature but I was thinking in doing something better, like take snaps only when something big happens... like a huge price drop.

But anyway, in the next upgrade you will be able to watch separately the snapshots. So you can watch the auto snaps or the one created by yourself.

=)

FreePls

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:37:26 PM

High quality site! Nice work @dev  Smiley

coinfinance (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:52:11 PM

Site is looking real good guys.

A couple questions...
Where is the pricing information coming from?  If using multiple exchanges can you list in the portfolio which is being used and possibly add the ability to manually choose an exchange to pull the price from?
How often is the price data refreshed?
How often are new coins added?

One thing that would make the site easier to use would be the ability to use API's from other sites to bring in balances so those can be managed automatically and offline wallets can be managed manually.  Just my $.02.  

I also noticed the values for BTC wealth extend past 8 decimal places.

1) Can you explain a little further?
2) CoinFinance is tracking several exchanges. It might be a good feature, now we are showing the one we set as "default" for each currency/coin, I will add a "tooltip" showing the exchange used in the price.
3) It depends of each currency, exchange, market. But it goes from 1 minute to 10 minutes.
4) As often as people request them.

Thanks lajz99 for your inquiries and suggestions!!!

lajz99

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:39:39 PM

Obviously the "Current Price" volume reflects the current price of the coin, what point in time does the "Old Price" column reflect?

Would also be cool if we could choose the exchange the BTC price is pulled from...right now Coinbase is ~$100 higher than the price reflected on the site for example.

Not sure if you've looked into the portfolio tracking on Yahoo but when you enter a symbol (ie. coin) on there it asks you for the buy price in addition to the number of shares.  It would be awesome to include that information and be able to track the total increase/decrease in value for your coins/portfolio.

coinfinance (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:58:09 AM

Obviously the "Current Price" volume reflects the current price of the coin, what point in time does the "Old Price" column reflect?

Would also be cool if we could choose the exchange the BTC price is pulled from...right now Coinbase is ~$100 higher than the price reflected on the site for example.

Not sure if you've looked into the portfolio tracking on Yahoo but when you enter a symbol (ie. coin) on there it asks you for the buy price in addition to the number of shares.  It would be awesome to include that information and be able to track the total increase/decrease in value for your coins/portfolio.

1) ok, Smiley its similar to the last closing price, in my case will be "yesterday's price".

About the others inquire:
Yup, I thought about it, google finance does it too. The thing is that it will be too hard to manage. I mean, when I sell something in cryptsy, the price depends of the order book, so if  I want to exchange massive LTC for BTC, I probably will get a lot of prices, so I will need to load each price for each qty, or maybe an average "bought price", its a good feature, maybe I can add it as an optional field to track your profit/looses

lajz99

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:11:51 PM

Looks like the site is down?

coinfinance (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:46:28 PM

Nop, it's online

lajz99

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:58:03 PM

Nop, it's online

Ah, I bookmarked http://coinfinance.com/portfolio/ and couldn't get to it without looking in again...

coinfinance (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:26:44 PM

Nop, it's online

Ah, I bookmarked http://coinfinance.com/portfolio/ and couldn't get to it without looking in again...

I'm glad you're using it daily... and bookmarked it !!! Smiley

We are adding the new currencies you suggested

coinfinance (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

New version online.

New coins added, new features and a new informative home.

Feature's list:

• Now you can manage multiple portfolios from a single session.
  • New Home design and information.
  • New coins/currencies supported (CASH, VTC, BCX) .
  • MtGOX is not the default price provider for BTCs Market
  • You can now share your portfolio for view only (not edit)
  • AUTO SNAPS - Now CoinFinance takes auto snaps for your portfolio each day.
  • New Graph added to your portfolio. You now can track your progress in different currencies
  • Default currency selector (Euro, USD, CNY)
  • More news providers
  • Bug fixes: (contact forms feedback, some markets prices, etc.)

crossenuup

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:34:31 AM

This would be the best site ever if it could track your coin addresses and update the balances every hour or so.  It also would be great if we could get the volume-weighted price averages from coinmarketcap!
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:01:34 AM

Nice site

Please add ZED (Zedcoin) & GRA (Graincoin)

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
coinfinance (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:18:19 AM

We are working in a lot of new features and adding new coins/currencies every day

psycholol

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:32:54 PM

Great site, just what I needed!

Two small tweaks: I have several times accidentally hit the delete coin cross which only shows up on mouse hover. It would be a good idea to move it over to the far right. Also, there is not enough room in the QTY field for high volume coins with decimals (ex DOGE).

And how about an API to access my wealth?
coinfinance (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:19:11 PM

Great site, just what I needed!

Two small tweaks: I have several times accidentally hit the delete coin cross which only shows up on mouse hover. It would be a good idea to move it over to the far right. Also, there is not enough room in the QTY field for high volume coins with decimals (ex DOGE).

And how about an API to access my wealth?

Thanks for your comment, we are working on that features

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

Looks good, you mean you can find the wealth of any cryptocoin? Not only bitcoin? If yes that really awesome and how do you define the price of those coins?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: