Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:27:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Unofficial Guide] Reporting effectively  (Read 25555 times)
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:33:50 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 08:07:17 PM by mdayonliner

We are always missing detailed report for report to moderator.

OMG! How could I missed this: , just noticed it. Thank you theymos.

No, and I do not think it's a good idea looking at rank when you are reporting anything. If anything violate the forum rule then just report.
Absolutely not.

Glad I am 100% right  Cheesy

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:51:35 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 08:09:17 PM by Welsh

Some people might be interested in screenshots of the full Report History. (I can't actually see it myself without generating dummy data, since I don't report posts...)
Okay, when I eventually get round to doing the "Your report history" I'll take a look at doing it at the same time. Although, I invite anyone else to do this for me as my cropping, and editing skills are shocking.

I'm not sure whether to include the brief explanation/description which is on this page or if I should just crop the reports only. I know you suggested the full report history ,but I would think having a smaller image would be better? Does everyone have access to how many good, bad, unhandled reports they have on the "report to moderator" page or are they too locked behind a certain amount of reports? Maybe I should just crop one good report, bad and unhandled report for an example which would also be a smaller images.

EDIT:
Just whipped up something quick, and looking for feedback:

That's obviously an example of a good report, and I would need to include ones for unhandled, and bad reports. I've blurred the users name for obvious reasons, and I should probably blur the title if that is the case. However, I would prefer to keep the title of the topic so it's a little bit easier to explain.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:13:20 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 08:41:00 PM by mdayonliner

Does everyone have access to how many good, bad, unhandled reports they have on the "report to moderator" page

This is the screenshot of my report page history: ~snipped~ https://i.imgur.com/9MzKk6f.png
Is that something you are looking for?

or are they too locked behind a certain amount of reports?
- It does not show all the reports though. I am sure after certain numbers the oldest ones were cut off from the page.

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:24:50 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 09:16:13 PM by Welsh

This is the screenshot of my report page history: https://i.imgur.com/nCeFpxX.png
I know theymos specifically said the full report page, but I'm not sure if that's needed, and if it would just result in a bigger image to load. I was thinking of separating the good, bad, unhandled, and deleted (strikethrough) reports into different images which would allow me to edit out sensitive data, and only include threads which are deleted to avoid any privacy issues. These are the examples I've whipped up: (rough edits)

or this:

I was thinking with this one to include different coloured borders for each box; Report time, Topic, User reported, and whether it's been marked as good, bad or is still unhandled. Probably colouring the explanation relative to the borders on the image. Example: This is the time the report was made.

Maybe, the full report page is necessary. I would probably make a image which blurs out the usernames of users. Someone could still find out their username from the topic title, but I could include examples which have been deleted so this would be harder, however if I'm going to include the full report page then this is going to be impossible. Thoughts?  

- It does not show all the reports though. I am sure after certain numbers the oldest ones were cut off from the page.
Yeah that is the case, and it's around 30 days AFAIK.

Some people might be interested in screenshots of the full Report History. (I can't actually see it myself without generating dummy data, since I don't report posts...)
Would also appreciate your thoughts on this if possible as well as the possibility of adding this to the "report to moderator" page as a drop down menu. Of course, ironing out some of the issues, and possibly editing a few things to your suiting? Or perhaps the Help page would be more suitable. Although, I don't know how much exposure it would have there. 
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:38:03 PM

- Crop image for "Report history" button

Is this what you were looking for?

The header:

Example of good report

Example of unhandled report

Sorry I do not see a bad report row for me  Undecided

Let me know which one I got right?

This is the screenshot of my report page history: ~snipped~ https://i.imgur.com/9MzKk6f.png
I changed the report page history image a bit, removed the user column for privacy. May be you want to change the quoted link of mine too.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:42:59 PM

I would like if you add a note or something that highlights how reporting stuff is always better than creating a new thread. For instance, a lot of new comers recently have started creating threads for stuff like "x User is shit-posting" or "x user is Trolling". An example thread for the same could be : Can this guy (cryptoaeronet) be ban?. This unnecessarily opens up a thread which instead can be effectively handled by the 'Report To Moderator' function by explaining the case properly.

I do report such cases very often and moderators do take the respective action..

Edit : To check your previous reports simply use this URL once you're logged in : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=reportlist;mine (doesn't work for all the accounts, I guess only works for accounts with good amount of reports)
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:43:11 PM

That "Your report history" is exactly what I was looking for. Do you mind if I steal borrow that for the purpose of this thread? Your other images are somewhat similar to what I was thinking. However, I'm looking for opinions on which ones the best to do; Full report history, separate report examples, and separate colour coded examples.

Also, opinions on whether blurring the name is beneficial, and only using a report that the topic has been deleted to prevent someone finding out the identity of the user that was reported by visiting that thread. For example, my image right now which has blurred the user out is fairly easy to find. I think I would prefer to protect the identity of the user as much as possible, but if theymos/others think a full report page is probably better so that people who haven't reported enough yet can get a sneak peak to data they can get access to once they have reported enough then I'll likely not be able to blur out the details without hindering the explanations/examples.

I think I've got a bad report lying around somewhere.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:48:25 PM

That "Your report history" is exactly what I was looking for. Do you mind if I steal borrow that for the purpose of this thread?
Feel free mate, no need to ask  Smiley

I'm looking for opinions on which ones the best to do; Full report history, separate report examples, and separate colour coded examples.

Also, opinions on whether blurring the name is beneficial, and only using a report that the topic has been deleted to prevent someone finding out the identity of the user that was reported by visiting that thread. For example, my image right now which has blurred the user out is fairly easy to find. I think I would prefer to protect the identity of the user as much as possible, but if theymos/others think a full report page is probably better so that people who haven't reported enough yet can get a sneak peak to data they can get access to once they have reported enough then I'll likely not be able to blur out the details without hindering the explanations/examples.
I understand now. I hope the community will give some feedback in here.

I think I've got a bad report lying around somewhere.
- You can send me one on my way if you want me to colorize it or however you want it.

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:57:39 PM

- You can send me one on my way if you want me to colorize it or however you want it.
I'll hang fire until hopefully I've received some feedback on the the way to go about doing the images. (blur, full, partial, coloured etc)
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:59:02 PM

I'll hang fire until hopefully I've received some feedback on the the way to go about doing the images. (blur, full, partial, coloured etc)
That sounds good. I will log off for today. Gotta do some other stuffs.

By the way, just in-case you missed to read it on my other reply...

I changed the report page history image a bit, removed the user column for privacy. May be you want to change the quoted link of mine too.

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 09:05:07 PM

Nice work Welsh.
(I do not have any specific comment and I like the example parts).
+1

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:38:15 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 09:51:17 PM by Welsh
Merited by theymos_away (2)

Okay, so I've now done a edit of the full "Your report history" page, and blurred out the usernames. I was considering blurring out the topic titles, however I would like to keep as much information openly visible as possible. Plus, the topic title doesn't necessarily mean it was the topic starter. Someone could scan the modlog for the post that was deleted, and see by what user made the post, but I don't know why anyone would go into this much effort. If anyone thinks I should blur the topic title for privacy issues please let me know your thoughts.

So, I'm looking for opinions on the follow:

Include a image of the full "Your report history" page like so:

Instead of including separate images for each report; Bad, Good, Unhandled, and deleted (Strikedthrough) reports like so: (rough edit)

I've also considered doing a colour coded image which outlines each area of the page; Report time, Post, User, Status, and including a explanation which would correspond to the colour. For example: (rough edit)

or this:

Explanation: Time the report was made

I could include this colour code system for the full report history page if the community thinks that's the better option over the separate images.

I would like if you add a note or something that highlights how reporting stuff is always better than creating a new thread. For instance, a lot of new comers recently have started creating threads for stuff like "x User is shit-posting" or "x user is Trolling". An example thread for the same could be : Can this guy (cryptoaeronet) be ban?. This unnecessarily opens up a thread which instead can be effectively handled by the 'Report To Moderator' function by explaining the case properly.

I do report such cases very often and moderators do take the respective action..

Edit : To check your previous reports simply use this URL once you're logged in : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=reportlist;mine (doesn't work for all the accounts, I guess only works for accounts with good amount of reports)
I'll be sure to add something along the lines of this. Thanks for the suggestion.

th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:34:24 PM

This is a very compressive guide on how to report, I have left you 5+ merit, this is useful for me since my mother language is Spanish now I have that kind of cheat sheet to make reports.

I don't have the exact list of my reports but I'll bring you a screenshot of my stats.

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:33:31 AM

If you need any assistance with the guide or editing, let me know.
I tried to find a screenshot of my bad reports I remember I took some time ago but couldn't find any.
If I find something I'll post it here so you can use it as an example Wink

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:28:04 PM

This is a very compressive guide on how to report, I have left you 5+ merit, this is useful for me since my mother language is Spanish now I have that kind of cheat sheet to make reports.

I don't have the exact list of my reports but I'll bring you a screenshot of my stats.

This isn't something I even thought about when making the thread. I'm glad it's helping you, and good job on the reports.

On a slightly unrelated note this hasn't been entirely proof read yet. Well, it has but, it's not to my standards quite yet. But, I invite anyone who wants to translate this to do so once it's been cleaned a little, and the final images have been added.

If you need any assistance with the guide or editing, let me know.
I tried to find a screenshot of my bad reports I remember I took some time ago but couldn't find any.
If I find something I'll post it here so you can use it as an example Wink
I've luckily got one bad report that I could use. (never thought I would be saying that) However, this will likely have to be included with a separate image if I'm going to use the full report history image.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 08:12:40 PM

Anyone know how many reports are needed to see the full report history? I have 273 reports (254 good, 3 bad, 16 unhandled) and don't have access. Given mdayonliner's report page, my guess is that it unlocks after 300 reports or 300 good reports.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:27:59 PM

Anyone know how many reports are needed to see the full report history? I have 273 reports (254 good, 3 bad, 16 unhandled) and don't have access. Given mdayonliner's report page, my guess is that it unlocks after 300 reports or 300 good reports.

We have to ask theymos about it.
I have the full report history from day 1, but I have over 1000 good reports.
You have reported 1186 posts with 100% accuracy (1121 good, 10 bad, 55 unhandled).

The unhandled ones are for using homographs.

Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:33:52 PM

I think I remember a user stating it opened up after 300 reports. I wasn't sure if this was 200 though, but I guess it must be 300 after all. Found the quote:

I had also missed the 'Your report history' link, but I've started to report spam from the Bitcoin Discussion topic 3 days ago (with nearly 0 report count that time). I haven't really paid attention for the number of the reports so close, so I can only guess that the magic number is somewhere around 300 reports, because today I'm over 300 and the 'Your report history' link has appeared. It's good to see which posts were reported in vain...

I would assume that this is total reports, and not just good reports. Once it appears though make sure to let us know so we can somewhat confirm it's around this figure.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:43:55 PM

I had also missed the 'Your report history' link, but I've started to report spam from the Bitcoin Discussion topic 3 days ago (with nearly 0 report count that time). I haven't really paid attention for the number of the reports so close, so I can only guess that the magic number is somewhere around 300 reports, because today I'm over 300 and the 'Your report history' link has appeared. It's good to see which posts were reported in vain...
I would assume that this is total reports, and not just good reports. Once it appears though make sure to let us know so we can somewhat confirm it's around this figure.
No, it's most likely 300 good reports.
I don't have the link, and my repot "baseline" is:
You have reported 313 posts with 97% accuracy (293 good, 11 bad, 9 unhandled).
Tongue

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:30:05 AM

No, it's most likely 300 good reports.
I don't have the link, and my repot "baseline" is:
You have reported 313 posts with 97% accuracy (293 good, 11 bad, 9 unhandled).
Tongue
Right okay. That's interesting. Let us know once you get those 7 good reports Wink

If we can get multiple sources to confirm this then I'll edit it into the OP.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: